• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Slermy

TTK's main campaign was beautiful but it was like 3 hours long.

3. Real horizontal progression since, via Etheric Light, *everything* was viable and automatically maxed as opposed to this animalistic sacrificial ritual of infusion
4. No reliance on luck for an optimized loadout - you could re roll to your heart's content until you had your gear set up just the way you wanted it

YES. These are my biggest complaints. I loved being able to upgrade gear which I thought looked cool & had perks that fit my playstyle, but that went right out the window with Year 2 and the "light chase". I was (and still am) equipping all sorts of gear that I hated just for the increase in light level. It's *ahem* taken me up until now to the point I can start doing actively choosing gear based on looks/perks.

Which brings me to another point...

The game is worse, significantly worse, than in year 1 because the endgame is less diverse, less rewarding (and the rewards way shittier), and less attractive to run than it used to be.

I would argue that the "live events" (Festival of Lost Souls, SRL) prevent Year 2 from being categorically worse than Year 1. Sure, not everyone may like them, but at least they're new and different experiences with new gear.

However, I run into the same problem you mentioned in point 3. Most of it is just worthless. I can't run around in an Atheon Mask and SRL racing gear since it drops my light level SO MUCH. To make matters worse, even though I'm quite comfortable in the gear during patrols and crucible, I still need to equip my best gear since rewards from activities drop based on your CURRENT light level.

Sigh....

Year 2 did add the quests, which while not as engaging as they could be (why aren't those rewards better tied to your level?) at least it gives you a lot more to do after the story.

I'll be using Invective w/ Ward of Dawn. People run right into it.

I'm going to try out a DISC/STR Defender tonight. The fun police just arrived. No supers!

TbGhdT2.png

Year 1. Better than we knew it was.

Rusted Lands.

Frenden throws a incendiary nade on C followed up by my storm grenade.

Triple kill to start the match.

Nothing stops the DGAF IRON TRAIN.

Strength still seems like a total waste for Titans. I'm sure I'm missing something though.

STR gives me melee charges more frequently which is what No Back Up Plans needs to proc.

I would much prefer to get INT/STR for Defender, but I can't turn the DISC/STR drops off.

This_has_to_stop.gif

Does it proc on kills or just melee damage?

It procs on kill with a charged melee available (i.e. Disintegration fist). This is how I know:

"The Titans decry the Voidwalkers of our use of Light. Vampiric and grotesque, they call us. But how do they think their Disintegration barriers form? What do they think happens to their atomized victims? Titans can be so amusing." - Ikora Rey​

I dunno whether I should wait for the bonus for IB

or play IB

I kinda wanna limit the amount of Destiny I do, I'll prolly start....thursday.

stay gold

I just joined a game, saw it was a game in progress where the other team was up by 10k. Went straight to orbit & queued again, got put on the other team just as they won.

Oh Destiny...

Trakan

or play IB

Just grab the bounties on all your characters every day til the weekend and it'll take you a few hours to hit max rank.

or play IB

Just grab the bounties on all your characters every day til the weekend and it'll take you a few hours to hit max rank.

I feel like playing now, but I'll probably just casually play around, and wait to turn in those sweet weekly bounties until Sun/Mon.

That way I only have to get to like Rank 2 or whatever.

Top Bottom