• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Ok, let's see if we can get a group together.

Golgoroth HM CM. Starting in about an hour.

1. MattIgoe
2. W193D0UT
3. androo2300

Pandora012 <---- Would like to join

Haven't done Golgoroth challenge before, so I can take the gaze first to avoid screwing up.

Raven117

To be fair the issue with those sniper Matadors wasn't the existence of re rolling but rather a set of broken perks on an even more broken archetype of shotgun.

People used to say re rolling eliminated variety but let's be honest. What % of snipers who kill you are using 1kYS? How many of the shotguns are Conspiracy? Is it really worse than Matador/Benevolence used to be?

Everyone still uses the same guns, with a different name, except now you can gain an edge via a lucky roll instead of the re rolling even playing field.

But I digress.

You raise a good point. I just really...really hated the sniper shotgun meta. Rage inducing.

I mean, were they that concerned about overpowered PvE weapons that most folks grinded for months to get? And were a ton of fun to use when you got em?

You know...I'm starting to think Bungie knew exactly what they were doing with the drop system.

They made the climb to 290-ish a gentle curve. It was pretty great. But then the raid hits and there is the dreaded "double RNG." I think they damn well knew that some folks would do the gentle curve to 290 do a raid once or twice and call it good. Others would level up just enough to be able to clear HM raid (about 312 or higher), and the others would grind away to 320. This extended the life of their content. Especially when the gun chase was no longer a thing...

The one raid (or none) folks would drop out early no matter what. The 312 or higher crew would drop out as soon as they got the HM clear and maybe a piece of gear or two...and the hardcore crew would obsess until they hit 320.

Theorry

Uch the lag is crazy again. Really noticed it now i played alot more other games these last month. In 3 or 4 matches i have seen more lag then 50 hours of Battlefront.

Deku Tree

I can get exotics from running Nightfall strikes, correct? Seems like Im stuck at 296 and I dont know how to raise my light level.

To go beyond 300 you need to do the Kings Fall Raid, or Trials of Osirus or Iron Banner or SRL (but it just ended). NF can also drop some items in the 399-310 range but the loot is horrible.

Apparently Bungie mentioned this in a recent BWU, but here are the post game drops for this IB:

Available as post-game drops:
Rank 2: Helmets
Rank 3: Class Items, Auto Rifles
Rank 4: Shotgun

What I don't understand is if you are rank 4 can you still get all the items from the previous drops or is it all shotguns?

LTWood12

I can get exotics from running Nightfall strikes, correct? Seems like Im stuck at 296 and I dont know how to raise my light level.

You can, but at 296 they won't raise your light level, as they will drop at 290.

Apparently Bungie mentioned this in a recent BWU, but here are the post game drops for this IB:

Available as post-game drops:
Rank 2: Helmets
Rank 3: Class Items, Auto Rifles
Rank 4: Shotgun

What I don't understand is if you are rank 4 can you still get all the items from the previous drops or is it all shotguns?

Quite odd that Boots are being sold but cannot drop.

Feorax

Wait a minute...what??

I mean, I know the requirements and in theory I get the strategy, but it's always nice if you have someone with practical experience.

Then again, this is only the second rotation.

Edit; to clarify, I have done Golgoroth before several times, just not CM if that's what was worrying you.

WipedOut

I mean, I know the requirements and in theory I get the strategy, but it's always nice if you have someone with practical experience.

Edit; to clarify, I have done Golgoroth before several times, just not CM if that's what was worrying you.
I know how to do it and I believe xplicit knows as well.

the_id

91FSo2N6PNL._SL1500_.jpg

Anyone up for an Iron Banner train?

Psn the_id.

I see some friend doing this on their own, I don't know how you'd survive.....

Uch the lag is crazy again. Really noticed it now i played alot more other games these last month. In 3 or 4 matches i have seen more lag then 50 hours of Battlefront.

It is terrible. It also matched us up with an all Arabian fireteam, while 5/6 of our fireteam are from the EU. If you sniped right they would teleport left.
People getting kicked several times as well.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

Ok cool. I've done the CM before as well.

91FSo2N6PNL._SL1500_.jpg

Anyone up for an Iron Banner train?

Psn the_id.

I see some friend doing this on their own, I don't know how you'd survive.....

Sure you look like that now. After you load into a match and see all red bars:

thomas.gif

I actually do 90% of Iron Banner solo. As a Defender Titan I can really make all the difference.

E92 M3

Hmm, would Bungie really turn on skill based MM and not tell us? Connection is the most important thing in PVP.

Who even wanted skill based MM? It was disabled in CoD within 24 hours.

lt519

So I don't want to alarm everyone, but someone on gaming side is going to buy TTK and might be available for RAF...

Ju3vNVC.jpg

Wow. The lag is worse than ever. Literally shooting at people that disappear to never be seen. People on radar but not visible. Shooting people that take no damage. Taking damage from phantoms. Straight up broken

Sounds like Iron Banner.

MM has definitely been changed by bungie somehow. Getting matched with players from other continents last couple of weeks, lag is all over the place.

Wow. The lag is worse than ever. Literally shooting at people that disappear to never be seen. People on radar but not visible. Shooting people that take no damage. Taking damage from phantoms. Straight up broken

Do you even ib bro?

But seriously sounds about right. Ib has always been a lagfest. Affectionly reffered to as laggy banner.

Top Bottom