• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Lee

Hey guys. Got this in the sale a couple of weeks ago. Enjoying it a lot, I'm at 295 and I want to try those nightfall and raids. I've been relying on matchmaking to do the strikes.
Just wondering what are some ways to get with people who want to play with a newbie to do those things.

Here.
Destinylfg.net
Reddit.com/r/fireteams
the100.io

Hey guys. Got this in the sale a couple of weeks ago. Enjoying it a lot, I'm at 295 and I want to try those nightfall and raids. I've been relying on matchmaking to do the strikes.
Just wondering what are some ways to get with people who want to play with a newbie to do those things.

Best thing you can do is something like this:

Running King's Fall tonight at 6pm PST (1 hour from now). Need 5.

1. My sexy ass

People see empty lists and usually reply to fill in the blanks. Nightfalls work a little different.

Usually, if you start one yourself, Just post there your in a Nightfall, and you have space for 1/2 more. Then post your Gamertag.

People like to help people who help themselves. Trying the Nightfall solo (Which is totally doable) shows people you're willing to bust your ass in effort, and not just looking to be carried. People will join as they can.

For the raid, though. make sure you point out that you need someone to show you the way.

Welcome. Posting here is a step in the right direction.

You'll find players by mentioning what activity you would like to run, your timezone, experience etc.

Since the weekly reset began a mere 12 hours ago, you should be easily able to find players for nightfall, raid and Iron banner.

Just post like you did here. Sounds like you're well geared for anything but King's Fall Hard Mode.

Activity has really died down as of late, but there's still a thriving core of DGAF that love to help out new folks. Best chances are Tuesdays and Weekends I think. Most folks are on PS4, maybe a 70/30 split if I'm being generous?

As far as Nightfalls go, I find it easiest to get a group if I start it on my own and post in the thread to join on me.

Raids take more doing since a lot of folks are burnt out on King's Fall. But let me tell you fellow regulars, running with newbies is invigorating. So don't hesitate to stop in for a boss or two on someone's newbie run. For you, Arjen, keep an eye out for one of Hawkian's newbie raids. He'll see to it you raid and have fun.

Arjen

Thanks guys! I'll give the nightfall solo a go to see what I can expect, and if I need help I'll check in here.

ch4fx_

Any IB trains I can join? This will be my first time playing IB, & I'm ABSOLUTE GARBAGE at PVP, but I REALLY want the Titan helm.

Also looking to do the HM Golgy challenge 2x.

Let me know if anyone has any openings for the above. Thanks in advance!

I unlocked all of the exotic secondary weapons but I have an exotic engram. . I guess I will just hold on to it until Bungie timegated special Y1 weapon come to Y2?

neoism

ok

what the fuck

why are the ib item complete trash...:( also why is their two helmets.. they are the same...
😐
the auto rifle at least has my fav sight but the stability is soooo bad... and dat shotty
you could stick it up someones booty and still miss.....
😑

smh.....

shermas

If I turn in an old Iron Marathon bounty (13 matches played, 7 wins) that's been in my inventory since the last IB, can I pick up a new one? Or do I have to wait until the next IB?

I have a completed one, but I was going to wait until the weekend to turn it in... If I can get another one, though, I might as well turn this one in and start filling out the next Iron Marathon bounty.

Thanks!

Iceman829

I seriously hate IB's matchmaking or lack of even trying. Every match my team loses by 6-9k points. Then bungie decides to put bounties based on team performance (wins, kills while leading, etc). There needs to be some kind of skill based matchmaking because the fact no one even tries to work together I'm tired of being grouped up with .06 - .60 scrubs filling every fucking slot on my team. I find it impossible to think that the other team can get a group of 6 randoms together that work together and my team are the bumbling idiots that lack basic motor skills. After bungie says "we are going to break up matchmaking because your team just got whooped they put me into a match in progress where my team was losing 10k to 3k. Seriously fuck off

Raven117

I seriously hate IB's matchmaking or lack of even trying. Every match my team loses by 6-9k points. Then bungie decides to put bounties based on team performance (wins, kills while leading, etc). There needs to be some kind of skill based matchmaking because the fact no one even tries to work together I'm tired of being grouped up with .06 - .60 scrubs filling every fucking slot on my team. I find it impossible to think that the other team can get a group of 6 randoms together that work together and my team are the bumbling idiots that lack basic motor skills. After bungie says "we are going to break up matchmaking because your team just got whooped they put me into a match in progress where my team was losing 10k to 3k. Seriously fuck off
This is some gamer salt right here! Haha I got a laugh out of it. Thank you. (You are right of course...)

todd360

It is time my friends. Time for the Dinosaur Train to make its mark on the iron banner competition.

WvSI88o.png

Why is this train better than the others? Fucking dinosaurs drive it and it goes through time tunnels.

Stay with me. I realize that its hard to wrap your head around.

We have 4 open spots!

Here are some highlights from the last iron banner

Exclusive avatar!

Required viewing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sccvGzPsYPM

Train hype music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHyeQEa1iXg

Join on toddv360 on psn now!

stay gold

The part with the disappearing platforms, I can get to like 3 of them but the fourth is too high.

Ah ok. You definitely don't need Blink (Blink is the worst jump for platforming), I can't remember that part exactly, are you double tapping jump immediately to get max height (as in don't wait til you're at your initial jumps apex to activate glide, do it as soon as you start moving upwards)?

Ah ok. You definitely don't need Blink (Blink is the worst jump for platforming), I can't remember that part exactly, are you double tapping jump immediately to get max height (as in don't wait til you're at your initial jumps apex to activate glide, do it as soon as you start moving upwards)?
Ohh, so that's how that works, I'll try that
Also: Anyone want to help me get through the first mission on TTK? After that I'll just go back to doing vanguard stuff (unless youd be willing to play through more)
PSN:pilgrim-Ren

D_psipher

It is time my friends. Time for the Dinosaur Train to make its mark on the iron banner competition.

Why is this train better than the others? Fucking dinosaurs drive it and it goes through time tunnels.

Stay with me. I realize that its hard to wrap your head around.

We have 4 open spots!

Here are some highlights from the last iron banner

Exclusive avatar!

Join on toddv360 on psn now!

If you got room, I have a ticket.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good runs everyone.. I'll play some more later.

I told some NSX ghost guy I was going to report him for glitching in frontier and he started crying.

Top Bottom