• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yep great games. Bungie is hating on me. Didn't save that last match properly. I wanted to show off my sniper battles.

Nothing happened. I need sleep. Been up for nearly 24.

Today, Got 2 challenges done. Warlock got 320 chest last golgy cm and this- still has no boots > 309. Golgy challenge is actually fun. Doing double dps phase pee cycle is so much faster and a lot more fun (gaze 1 and gaze 6). I kind of want to try doing dps on all 6 phases.

Just because you try double dps phases and someone dies on the 2nd phase (6th gaze) doesn't mean it won't work, just need someone on thrall duty. And also when trading gazes, you should be clearing out ads near golgy. Unless you're #5 in which case also start weakening right orb once 5 gets it.

This will be the first time I'll do the challenge on all 6 characters. Most lfg groups want 315+ though so it might be tough for my xb1 Warlock that's 310 to get a group.

I have a lot easier time getting groups and competent ones (and ones that listen to me) today. Both clears took no more than 20 minutes. Granted 1 was a dgaf crew. Going to try to knock the rest out tomorrow.

Just played my first crucible match, actually had a lot of fun, I'm not usually into competitive multiplayer, especially not for shooters, but I think I did not bad for my first time and it gave decent exp.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So in crucible a guardian was jumping at me and so I jumped at them then I saw they had a sword and did a panic melee and it worked looooooooooooool

I fell off the level like 4-5 times tho because it was hella confusing.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
What did they do to hammers now, they are fucking useless..

they're mortal now...
laughing-like-a-king-homer-simpson.gif

Number45

Well I never. Guess I'll jump in later regardless of if I can find a proper group.

What did they do to hammers now, they are fucking useless..
They're useless if you use them the way you used them before (trust me, I tried). You just need to reign in your expectations and use them more strategically - they're still great at clearing packed control points for example.

I had to adapt as they nerfed them right around the time I needed to get a load of multi-kills with them! >_<

I know they got nerfed but haven't touched PvP since last IB and holy shit they just obliterated the super.

I was getting almost direct hits and only taking about half their HP off.

Sorry Glam, only doing 1 match before I gotta go do a few things. Still pretty sick too.

EDIT: And it puts me in a match in progress with the enemy team 10k points ahead and holding all zones. Sigh.

I've played in every IB since launch and every IB you see the same complains about matchmaking and lag etc. This is the first time I actually understand them, far out... the MM is attrocious this time around.

WeTeHa

Daily story is Paradox if anyone wants the ghosts for the NTTE quest.

I'll be on in about 30-40 minutes and then I'll be trying to get the ghosts and the special ending in the Paradox mission.

If anyone wants in on this just add me on PSN (same as username) and join me. Should be easier with 2 or 3 people because you don't wipe every time someone misses a jump if we do it after each other (right?). Will be trying until I get it right :p

Maybe some of the other guys new to Destiny with TTK like me want in on this, then we can maybe try the Vault of Glass raid together for the first time on the weekend or something like this.

Krelian

I'll be on in about 30-40 minutes and then I'll be trying to get the ghosts and the special ending in the Paradox mission.

If anyone wants in on this just add me on PSN (same as username) and join me. Should be easier with 2 or 3 people because you don't wipe every time someone misses a jump if we do it after each other (right?). Will be trying until I get it right :p

Maybe some of the other guys new to Destiny with TTK like me want in on this, then we can maybe try the Vault of Glass raid together for the first time on the weekend or something like this.
Just added you on PSN. Is it too late to join for the daily?

Number45

I got TTK yesterday and I used the levelling up bonus, does the game automatically scale you down even though say, I'm a level 25 Warlock?
Kind of, yeah. Large groups of tougher enemies can still give you trouble (thought not as much as same level/higher enemies) if you're not careful.

hank_tree

I got TTK yesterday and I used the levelling up bonus, does the game automatically scale you down even though say, I'm a level 25 Warlock?

Enemies have minimum values for attack and health. So once you are a few levels higher than them they do only their minimum damage to you.

E.g. If you are level 40, a level 1 and a level 20 enemy do the same damage to you and take the same number of shots to kill.

Kind of, yeah. Large groups of tougher enemies can still give you trouble (thought not as much as same level/higher enemies) if you're not careful.

Enemies have minimum values for attack and health. So once you are a few levels higher than them they do only their minimum damage to you.

E.g. If you are level 40, a level 1 and a level 20 enemy do the same damage to you and take the same number of shots to kill.

Thank you guys. So, I'm currently just doing the main missions, will I struggle at any point if I'm playing solo? I've no idea when the raids start etc, but can I not join random people, or do I have to specifically set up with people to play a raid?

Top Bottom