• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Raxious

Thank you guys. So, I'm currently just doing the main missions, will I struggle at any point if I'm playing solo? I've no idea when the raids start etc, but can I not join random people, or do I have to specifically set up with people to play a raid?

All the story missions can be done solo. When you queue up for a strike it puts you together with others, nothing to worry about ;)

Currently lvl 35, getting closer to hitting that 40 :D

Namikaze1

Defender seems to be quite the game changer in IB. Was losing a game by 2k points and the enemy team capping two points. Switched from Striker to Defender and placed down a bubble at the point closest to ours. Match quickly went into our favor after that. May just stick with Defender.

E92 M3

Defender seems to be quite the game changer in IB. Was losing a game by 2k points and the enemy team capping two points. Switched from Striker to Defender and placed down a bubble at the point closest to ours. Match quickly went into our favor after that. May just stick with Defender.

Did you use a shotgun too?

I'm thinking about trying out the Immobius lol

Immobius is surprisingly viable, but it's no Invective.
But then, what is?

xxArtp6.png

It also lacks Quickdraw, which is a pain. Someone on the subreddit suggested I look at the New Monarchy shotgun. It's a baby Invective:

I would suggest Burden of Proof from the NM vendor. It has Full Auto, Aggressive Ballistics, Rifled Barrel, and Underdog. Underdog procs a lot because when you are close enough to use a shotgun you are usually taking heavy damage. The rest of the perks boost range and impact a bit. Also the Fire Rate is double Deirdris's Retort and the Reload is twice as fast. In other words you can output damage twice as fast as Deirdris's Retort. Replenish isn't that helpful as a perk and is easily outmatched by other perks. If you just use some armor with "increased ammo for shotgun/special" you can hold up to 27 shells. I rarely if ever run out and trust me, a full auto shotgun uses up ammo quick. Also if you are a fan of quickdraw, Burden of Proof has Single point sling which allows you to switch weapons faster (which i think does the same thing? correct me if I am wrong).​

E92 M3

But then, what is?

xxArtp6.png

It also lacks Quickdraw, which is a pain. Someone on the subreddit suggested I look at the New Monarchy shotgun. It's a baby Invective:

I would suggest Burden of Proof from the NM vendor. It has Full Auto, Aggressive Ballistics, Rifled Barrel, and Underdog. Underdog procs a lot because when you are close enough to use a shotgun you are usually taking heavy damage. The rest of the perks boost range and impact a bit. Also the Fire Rate is double Deirdris's Retort and the Reload is twice as fast. In other words you can output damage twice as fast as Deirdris's Retort. Replenish isn't that helpful as a perk and is easily outmatched by other perks. If you just use some armor with "increased ammo for shotgun/special" you can hold up to 27 shells. I rarely if ever run out and trust me, a full auto shotgun uses up ammo quick. Also if you are a fan of quickdraw, Burden of Proof has Single point sling which allows you to switch weapons faster (which i think does the same thing? correct me if I am wrong).​

Ah, I'll check it out. Invective is one of my favorite guns from Year 1, so I am rather partial to it lol.

Ah, I'll check it out. Invective is one of my favorite guns from Year 1, so I am rather partial to it lol.

Invective is a gun I never used Year 1, but fell in love with in Year 2.

It does create some bad habits in me, though, in that I forget to control special ammo. And so the next time I swap to another gun like a sniper, I run dry. :p

It's been like that for a while, very annoying!

A guy a grouped up with on lfg says it still works for him, he clicked on my name to message and it worked.

This is most annoying for lfg since you have to be fast to msg someone and I have to do it all manually and with a controller.

E92 M3

A guy a grouped up with on lfg says it still works for him, he clicked on my name to message and it worked.

This is most annoying for lfg since you have to be fast to msg someone and I have to do it all manually and with a controller.

What browser are you using? I'm on PaleMoon

Man I lost out on 2 IB daily bounties because I didn't turn them in yesterday and today's were th same :(

Thank you, I knew I forgot something to add to my list. They really should know the bounty was from yesterday / old. This used to make me mad for both Iron Banner and Eris' Nightfall bounty back in the day.

Nyari

Neo Member
But then, what is?

I bought Burden of Proof from the vendor right after TTK dropped and it really doesn't come close to Invective. Something feels... off about it,
i think it's the lack of both range and impact that causes this.

I often have to put 3 or 4 shells into an opponent to take him down whereas a fullauto Invective or Strongbow-D only takes 2 shots. It really feels more like a Fourth Horseman than an Invective to me...

I bought Burden of Proof from the vendor right after TTK dropped and it really doesn't come close to Invective. Something feels... off about it,
i think it's the lack of both range and impact that causes this.

I often have to put 3 or 4 shells into an opponent to take him down whereas a fullauto Invective or Strongbow-D only takes 2 shots. It really feels more like a Fourth Horseman than an Invective to me...

That's what I was afraid of. Nothing has Invective's range in its archetype, but I was worried that the impact was too low. Thanks for chiming in.

First game after reaching rank 2 IB and I got the new Titan helmet @ 309 light.

Guessing it was the PS exclusive one since I already had a IB Titan helmet and this one is different.

Dave_6

Hit rank 2 in IB with my Hunter without playing one match, lol. The one match I played afterwards was my first PvP game in ~6 weeks and I sucked; got a helmet as drop. It was only 293 and with worse perks than the vendor one though.

Yes, the lag was the worst I've ever seen I believe.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Hammers aren't usless, they just have weaknesses now like all the other Supers. As opposed to before where the only option was to RUUNNNNN AWAY

Is this a sarcasm post?

Are you just learning this now?!??

=\

E92 M3

TripleW is trashing Destiny lag hard on Twitter.

It would make sense if higher skilled plays lag more due to the game trying to find "equally skilled" players. That's the only thing that makes sense at this point.

Secondly, who asked for skilled-based MM in crucible?

Top Bottom