• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

It would make sense if higher skilled plays lag more due to the game trying to find "equally skilled" players. That's the only thing that makes sense at this point.

Secondly, who asked for skilled-based MM in crucible?

I know we run the risk of laggy games when I play with my clan mates. We're spread all over the states. Utah, New York, Illinois, etc...

So I'm sure this causes problems with connection quality.

Edit: I'm not making an excuse, I'm just talking.

E92 M3

I know we run the risk of laggy games when I play with my clan mates. We're spread all over the states. Utah, New York, Illinois, etc...

So I'm sure this causes problems with connection quality.

Edit: I'm not making an excuse, I'm just talking.

Yeah, it was just never this bad before. Either the population of the game dropped drastically or Skill-based MM was enacted. Those are my guesses.

Whatever your thoughts on time gating, relaunching year one stuff, microtransactions, etc, Destiny Year 2 has been packed:

HXJSaIY.png

Whatever your thoughts on time gating, relaunching year one stuff, microtransactions, etc, Destiny Year 2 has been packed:

HXJSaIY.png

I'm sorry, but this list just seems bloated to me.

I don't think advertising the challenge modes should be a thing because nothing about it was new content. it was only guaranteed rewards for things we could already get in the game.

At the very least, it should be relegated to Dec 1 - Challenge mode starts, and just leave it at that. You don't show trials every week on that list. Or the Court of Oryx Tier 3 bosses changing the first 3 weeks.

Iron Banner is also on that list three times.

Finally the Bnet gear manager isn't an in-game feature. I doubt if we had a year 1 list of comparable features we would be listing every time bnet updated with a new feature.

Edit: Listing all the hot fixes also doesn't seem like something worth noting. As they're typically the correction of broken pieces of the game. I.e. Quiver, boot engrams, etc...

Theorry

TripleW is trashing Destiny lag hard on Twitter.

Jup. And he even has a netduma router. Says alot if he really is vocal about it now.
And i agree complety. Its pure crap. Lots of people with red bars, so many delayed kills, people lagging all over the place. Its a disgrace really.

o27qs6c.gif

I'm sorry, but this list just seems bloated to me.

I don't think advertising the challenge modes should be a thing because nothing about it was new content. it was only guaranteed rewards for things we could already get in the game.

At the very least, it should be relegated to Dec 1 - Challenge mode starts, and just leave it at that. You don't show trials every week on that list. Or the Court of Oryx Tier 3 bosses changing the first 3 weeks.

Iron Banner is also on that list three times.

Finally the Bnet gear manager isn't an in-game feature. I doubt if we had a year 1 list of comparable features we would be listing every time bnet updated with a new feature.

Fair points. It's definitely bloated, but I wanted to show that there was something new happening every week in Destiny. A lot of it could be trivial. And a lot of it is new only in bullshit ways (time gating).

I listed Iron Banner 3 times because it's been different every time. I listed the debut for each new event, but then Iron Banner came back with totally reworked rewards, then the current one has new armor. I figured it merited different mentions each time.

I listed all the hot fixes because I wanted to show that Bungie has been active in patching the game unlike Year 1 (*coughcoughHEAVYAMMOGLITCHTHATTOOK5MONTHScoughcough*)

Fair points. It's definitely bloated, but I wanted to show that there was something new happening every week in Destiny. A lot of it could be trivial. And a lot of it is new only in bullshit ways (time gating).

I listed Iron Banner 3 times because it's been different every time. I listed the debut for each new event, but then Iron Banner came back with totally reworked rewards, then the current one has new armor. I figured it merited different mentions each time.

I listed all the hot fixes because I wanted to show that Bungie has been active in patching the game unlike Year 1 (*coughcoughHEAVYAMMOGLITCHTHATTOOK5MONTHScoughcough*)

I appreciate the list. But I'd love to see a comparible list of year 1 stuff from the same time frame.

A quick glance shows the following all happened in 2014:

• Update 1.0.1 (September 7)
  • Hot Fix 4 (September 14)
  • Update 1.0.1.4 (September 23)
  • Hot Fix 5 (September 25)
  • Update 1.0.2 (October 1)
  • Hot Fix 6 (October 7)
  • Hotfix 1.0.2.2 (October 14)
  • Update 1.0.2.3 (October 28)
  • Update 1.0.3 (November 17)
  • Update 1.1 (December 1)
  • Hotfix 1.1.0.1 (December 8)
  • Hotfix 1.1.0.2 (December 16)

Edit: Every month had 3+ updates except for november.

I appreciate the list. But I'd love to see a comparible list of year 1 stuff from the same time frame.

A quick glance shows the following all happened in 2014:

• Update 1.0.1 (September 7)
  • Hot Fix 4 (September 14)
  • Update 1.0.1.4 (September 23)
  • Hot Fix 5 (September 25)
  • Update 1.0.2 (October 1)
  • Hot Fix 6 (October 7)
  • Hotfix 1.0.2.2 (October 14)
  • Update 1.0.2.3 (October 28)
  • Update 1.0.3 (November 17)
  • Update 1.1 (December 1)
  • Hotfix 1.1.0.1 (December 8)
  • Hotfix 1.1.0.2 (December 16)

dead2.gif

I respectfully withdraw my calendar.

flkraven

HXJSaIY.png

If we remove the stuff that isn't patches, repeated, or crap. I also don't think something as simple as adding limited reroll options to exotics should be considered when discussing how packed year 2 is. Additionally, renamed "features" for appropriate context:

Sept 15 - Launch
Sept 22 - Black Spindle
Oct 6 - Sleeper Simulant
Oct 13 - Microtransactions added, Iron Banner Y2 Launches
Oct 20 - No Time to Explain + Kings Fall HM
Oct 27 - ToO Y2 Launches, Festival of the Lost
Dec 8 - Sparrow Racing

Everything else wasn't adding anything. Dropping a few new exotics into the loot pool just means I decrypt more engrams, or wait for xur. Challenge mode was the same thing we were doing, only with less complexity bc there was only 1 way to accomplish it.

If we remove the stuff that isn't patches, repeated, or crap. I also don't think something as simple as adding limited reroll options to exotics should be considered when discussing how packed year 2 is. Additionally, renamed "features" for appropriate context:

Sept 15 - Launch
Sept 22 - Black Spindle
Oct 6 - Sleeper Simulant
Oct 13 - Microtransactions added, Iron Banner Y2 Launches
Oct 20 - No Time to Explain + Kings Fall HM
Oct 27 - ToO Y2 Launches, Festival of the Lost
Dec 8 - Sparrow Racing

Everything else wasn't adding anything. Dropping a few new exotics into the loot pool just means I decrypt more engrams, or wait for xur. Challenge mode was the same thing we were doing, only with less complexity bc there was only 1 way to accomplish it.

Rubbing salt in the wound, right here. :p

flkraven

The most clear sign that we aren't getting any substantial output anytime soon is the Iron Banner exclusives for Playstation owners. Bungie/Activision more than likely have an agreement with Sony that specifically outlines that they get exclusive content stemming from 2 DLCs per year. Clearly a DLC isn't coming anytime soon, so they just tag some IB gear for PS only. What other reason would Bungie have for randomly implementing exlusive gear? What reason would Sony have to pay for this in this context? The deal was worked far in advance, and the DLC plan for this 'season' has largely been scaled back

The most clear sign that we aren't getting any substantial output anytime soon is the Iron Banner exclusives for Playstation owners. Bungie/Activision more than likely have an agreement with Sony that specifically outlines that they get exclusive content stemming from 2 DLCs per year. Clearly a DLC isn't coming anytime soon, so they just tag some IB gear for PS only. What other reason would Bungie have for randomly implementing exlusive gear? What reason would Sony have to pay for this in this context? The deal was worked far in advance, and the DLC plan for this 'season' has largely been scaled back

Watch as the next event we get gives us a PSN exclusive strike.

Actually, watch as the next event we get gives us a Taken Version of the Phogoth strike that is only available to PSN.

Not sarcasm and no, I'm not "learning just now"

I haven't played as Defender since February

Crazy! I'm guessing Titan isn't your main?

Defender with a shotgun or fusion rifle on a control point can pretty much turn the tide of a match. Not to mention enough kills and a Warlock in your armour of light bubble with Helm of Saint 14 means blinded enemies and a train of orbs.

Love it

Defender with a shotgun or fusion rifle on a control point can pretty much turn the tide of a match. Not to mention enough kills and a Warlock in your armour of light bubble with Helm of Saint 14 means blinded enemies and a train of orbs.

Love it

The big thing about Defender Titan that keeps me from enjoying it is that it's such a reactionary class.

Most of the Defender Titans skills is based off of what the enemy is doing, and how you can stop them from doing it. I play way too aggressive for that, so I like skill that not only let me break into enemy territory, but claim it.

Namikaze1

Love it
Titan is my main. I just stopped playing PvP for months during year one. Only got back into it with the addition of Trials to the game. Only play defender in raids nowadays. Almost play exclusively Sunbreaker.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
They really need to adjust those recommended light levels for if you have friends or not. Solo is soooooo much harder than when you not only have friends to help split up enemy attention and kill them, but also to revive you if you die.

I wish everything had matchmaking.

You guys may have exclusive armor, but using the Elite controller in Iron Banner is so damn good. Paddle jumping/reloading is the new bumper jumper.

And I haven't noticed much lag in the XBL ecosystem.

The big thing about Defender Titan that keeps me from enjoying it is that it's such a reactionary class.

Most of the Defender Titans skills is based off of what the enemy is doing, and how you can stop them from doing it. I play way too aggressive for that, so I like skill that not only let me break into enemy territory, but claim it.

And that's why God gave us No Backup Plans.

NBP makes Defenders into CQC masters. Be aggressive. Push hard. Get in the mix and shotgun melee your way out stronger than when you went in thanks to an overshield.

So much better than Super Passive Saint-14.

Also, if that still doesn't convince you, try running a Blessing Bubble and use your Bubble as a rechargeable overshield rather than a fortress.

Jup. And he even has a netduma router. Says alot if he really is vocal about it now.
And i agree complety. Its pure crap. Lots of people with red bars, so many delayed kills, people lagging all over the place. Its a disgrace really.

o27qs6c.gif
Yeah it's crazy, makes me hesitate to play pvp. I usually play when iron banner comes around and that's it.

And that's why God gave us No Backup Plans.

NBP makes Defenders into CQC masters. Be aggressive. Push hard. Get in the mix and shotgun melee your way out stronger than when you went in thanks to an overshield.

So much better than Super Passive Saint-14.

Also, if that still doesn't convince you, try running a Blessing Bubble and use your Bubble as a rechargeable overshield rather than a fortress.

I did enjoy my stint as a Defender during FFA Mayhem.

Twas very fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8RSjsh8rhI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDnTiF9MDOY

Top Bottom