• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Who needs an IB train

When you can carry your blueberries, against a matchmade group, WITH THE POWER OF THE SUN.

They wilted before me, like carnations in a whirlwind.
Like the sun, I collapsed upon them, begetting utter darkness.
The hammer that fell sundered their armor into my crown.

s66vom9.png

LTWood12

Yep. :( And I don't have the willpower to play through on my alts to get it. Mulligan is actually pretty decent for me, if you get my meaning. I have a Yasmine with Firefly and a Glass Prom with Hidden Hand I need to play around with more, but again, no revive snipes.

It's worth going back and doing to get it. I've infused it up to 318, and might even give my 320 firefly yasmin to it. I had the same situation w/ conspiracy theory-D (I'd opted for the fusion rifle for PvE) and it wasn't all that bad.

CLBridges

The lag I'm getting in IB is pretty bad but it is what it is. I've never been good at pvp either way and playing solo gets rough at times against full teams lol. Gonna get my warlock to rank 5 and then hop in here and there on my hunter once I hit 40. Boolean Gemini has actually been really good, just gotta keep your distance.

Pantheon sucks so much when you get stuck in your spawn. Its impossible to reverse the situation.

Edit: what are you talkig about kadey our team was great Kappa

phen0m24

Pantheon sucks so much when you get stuck in your spawn. Its impossible to reverse the situation.

Edit: what are you talkig about kadey our team was great Kappa

There should be signs on the walls at Pantheon.

"YOU WILL LOSE WITHOUT B!!!!!"

Ugh so frustrating that map when people just hold one and camp back at spawn

It's worth going back and doing to get it. I've infused it up to 318, and might even give my 320 firefly yasmin to it. I had the same situation w/ conspiracy theory-D (I'd opted for the fusion rifle for PvE) and it wasn't all that bad.

giphy.gif

I used to run all 3 characters. Taken King has obliterated* any desire to subject myself to the grind with more than just for my Titan.

*That's the negative spin. The positive spin is that it's totally viable to run just one character now. Which I appreciate.

phen0m24

You know? With this talk of randos and IB, why didn't Bungie make

a

FOLLOW ME emote?

Going to B? FOLLOW ME

Leaving C? FOLLOW ME.

Something like that.

LTWood12

giphy.gif

I used to run all 3 characters. Taken King has obliterated* any desire to subject myself to the grind with more than just for my Titan.

*That's the negative spin. The positive spin is that it's totally viable to run just one character now. Which I appreciate.

Taken King made running two other characters very little of a grind though, since light level brings in weapons/ghost which are class agnostic, and armor can be infused from other classes. Bet i've spent over 80% of my hours in the taken king w/ my main (Titan), but my Hunter and Warlock are 319 & 318 respectively. The variety is fun.

Other than the Warlock jump.

Igor's lagswitch on.

Lol so this is what happened during our Trials run the other day... He must have hit the switch too hard and lagged himself right out of the game. About 5 times in a row.

I've never seen someone lag out, then get reconnected, and spawn in dead to an ongoing round. We even revived him! Then he lagged out again...

Deku Tree

TripleW: It's just so frustrating because I love the gameplay of Destiny but after Battlefront, Halo 5, BO3, etc. the lag is just night and day.

Why is destiny lag so much worse?

stay gold

TripleW: It's just so frustrating because I love the gameplay of Destiny but after Battlefront, Halo 5, BO3, etc. the lag is just night and day.

Couldn't agree with him more. The game is my favourite shooter on the market, but the performance is completely unacceptable. Their silence on the matter is especially irritating.

FyreWulff

Don't know for sure for Destiny, but their infrastructure for Halo 2/3/Reach reset everyone's host records with each patch.

They may have kept that in place because they might have assumed they were going to have about the same cadence as previous games when they were in design for title updates, and clearly that plan has changed.

It could be that the patches are so frequent that the host record hasn't had time to sift out (and a bunch of new Christmas players will add a lot of unknown host records to the pool)

[/bungie-engine-nerd]

Yeah this was my biggest impression from playing Halo 5 MP the other day. There was no noticeable lag whatsoever during ~10 games, even in 24-man Warzone. H5 has the advantage of being able to use Microsoft for dedicated servers but it really makes a huge difference. Everything feels fair.

Other than servers (which I assume will never happen), I don't know what else they can do. Something something netcode something.

Taken King made running two other characters very little of a grind though, since light level brings in weapons/ghost which are class agnostic, and armor can be infused from other classes. Bet i've spent over 80% of my hours in the taken king w/ my main (Titan), but my Hunter and Warlock are 319 & 318 respectively. The variety is fun.

Other than the Warlock jump.

Yeah, I know, I mainly just thought that was a great Conan gif.

Taken King is weird. Bottom line, I play waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy less than I ever have before. There's not much reason to since I've done everything. And what remains doing is unappealing thanks to the Light System and the year 2 end game.

I don't do Nightfalls anymore, even though I only missed two in Year 1. I don't do raids anymore.

I basically play with DGAF on Tuesday and then Trials on Friday. I play for the fun of it.

It sounds like I'm complaining about playing for fun, which I guess I am? I mean, there's so much more that this game can be, that it nearly is, that is probably where my tone is coming from. It's not that I'm complaining about playing for fun. I'm complaining that in a game this big I'm down to so little to play for fun. But I am grateful for what's there and for DGAF. And that it isn't the Infinite Jest (yet).

edit: this post brought to you by the fact that I picked the wrong weapon 3 months ago and there have been no drops since so my only prospect is to replay the campaign on another character.

Top Bottom