• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

I think I am done with this IB.

If it's not solo team against fireteam of 6 it's leavers making the teams uneven, if it's not uneven teams its red bars. Don't see the point in dealing with this crap anymore.

Let's hope Ubisoft treats The Division better then Bungie has treated Destiny so far. Fix game issues? Na. But here, buy some $5 sparrows.

Over it.

reKon

Banned
Are you online? take my spot cause i dont need it...

woah there's some crazy amount of lag going on here...

edit: congrats on your 290 Ram :p

haha I know right. I actually just bought the 280 one from Xur last week...

Should I dismantle so I can upgrade the 290 helmet? I have a bunch of 296 from the sparrow racing..

Also, thanks for helping out

haha I know right. I actually just bought the 280 one from Xur last week...

Should I dismantle so I can upgrade the 290 helmet? I have a bunch of 296 from the sparrow racing..

Also, thanks for helping out

No, don't dismantle your fully leveled up one because it takes a long time to level up exotic armor. Just infuse that 290 ram and another 296 legendary into your 280 ram if you have exotic shards. If not just dismantle the 290 ram for an exotic shard.

reKon

Banned
No, don't dismantle your fully leveled up one because it takes a long time to level up exotic armor. Just infuse that 290 ram and another 296 legendary into your 280 ram if you have exotic shards. If not just dismantle the 290 ram for an exotic shard.

man, the 290 has the better stats too!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That 4.67 tho

Records are made to be broken.

QUfCvBr.png

8 more and we'll have an undefeated season.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
After what I did I quit. Good games guys. Till tomorrow or so.

Anybody up for NF? Rank up and got the Alienware helmet and a sidearm with Outlaw, reaction reload and snapshot.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think I am done with this IB.

If it's not solo team against fireteam of 6 it's leavers making the teams uneven, if it's not uneven teams its red bars. Don't see the point in dealing with this crap anymore.

Let's hope Ubisoft treats The Division better then Bungie has treated Destiny so far. Fix game issues? Na. But here, buy some $5 sparrows.

Over it.

Play with us. Tomorrow.

About to do two NFs. Anyone can join.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Got full anyway.

I think Val got a buff. He's killing in a split second even though I'm at 319. Stealth buff. And he has this long range quake thing. Have no idea how it's killing me from behind cover.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Got full anyway.

I think Val got a buff. He's killing in a split second even though I'm at 319. Stealth buff. And he has this long range quake thing. Have no idea how it's killing me from behind cover.

are you doing another one?

I did my first Strikes yesterday:

The first one was great fun, it was full of teamwork and everyone just played well and we covered each other. It was against that mechanical spider.

The second one was weird: it was on the Moon and basically we go into the dungeon, I teamed up with two level 40s, and they just ran ahead and were essentially fighting the main monster whereas I had to trek through the whole level and reached them just as they had killed off the monster lol. I have no idea what happened and I found it quite bizarre.

NastyBook

I did my first Strikes yesterday:

The first one was great fun, it was full of teamwork and everyone just played well and we covered each other. It was against that mechanical spider.

The second one was weird: it was on the Moon and basically we go into the dungeon, I teamed up with two level 40s, and they just ran ahead and were essentially fighting the main monster whereas I had to trek through the whole level and reached them just as they had killed off the monster lol. I have no idea what happened and I found it quite bizarre.
Vets don't have time for games. They go in and get it done. You're just along for the ride at that point.

Might change my main IB class to Hunter(if I continue). Titan sunbreaker is useless now. Hes rank 2.5, but with the double XP it shouldn't take long to catch up and over take with my Hunter. Don't have striker leveled up unfortunately and whilst defender can be good but it's hard to get top score without a super that can generate kills.

ocean

Banned
Sorry could you explain to me what you mean exactly? I'm new to this so I'm not familiar with the Destiny jargon.
We've been running strikes for a long, long time. We know all the nooks and crannies.

Half the sections you can just run right through without firing a single shot. Not as fun, but way quicker. Running with experienced players there's a high chance they'll only stop when they absolutely must and otherwise rush to the finish line.

Sorry could you explain to me what you mean exactly? I'm new to this so I'm not familiar with the Destiny jargon.

Most experienced players don't waste time on strikes unless they are doing bounties or helping someone. Every strike has areas that you can skip, or complete a minor objective that opens up the next area.

Unless the room requires you to kill every enemy in there, you don't have to. Just find the objective that makes the next area open up, or kill the mini-boss that makes the adds de-spawn and then rush to the next area.

Example: take the undying mind strike, taken version.

First area, you have to clear the 3 blights and kill the major centurion for the gate to open. You don't have to kill all the enemies there. Find a safe spot to snipe the blights, focus all firepower on the centurion and then rush to the next area, ignoring most of the other adds.

The giant staircase can be skipped until the 3 taken wizards at the top. Use supers/heavy to take them out and then you can just run all the way to the boss room ignoring everything on the way.

The strike boss usually has adds spawn based on timed intervals or its health bar. You can coordinate dps so the boss can be killed quickly without having to deal with the additional enemies.

Top Bottom