• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

YwCaZFM.png

Rules and Registration: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/18A7aVK5YXPdw1uYiSgPmSwkjJ9e-rjDv48aF6eMXq4U/viewform

About 4 days left to sign up!
If you're hesitant to join, don't worry about it too much. There's plenty of time to play against you're opponent. If matchmaking does screw us over at least we tried. Just have some fun with it.

I'm half interested in this, but I don't have a team at all.

Does anyone want/need a third?

stay gold

The map rotation in this game is horrible. Where are the fun maps like Burning Shrine or Cauldron? Why do I play Vertigo 150 times a day?

Hit Rank 5 with Titan last night. I got a 310 ghost and 310 boots.

I jumped on to turn in Weeklies on my Warlock so he could get rank 5. I got a 310 Ghost and 312 Chest which was worse then the roll I already had.

At least my Titan has the helmet now.

I'll work on my Hunter this weekend.

Wait is the IB assault rifle not very good? I saw people on another forum mention there are ARs with better stats. I'm not a good judge for these kinds of things so I've just been grinding IB in the hopes of getting a good weapon. I don't expect it to be Nirwen's level but I was hoping it'd be one of the better guns in the current meta.

lt519

LOL! I felt like superman all night. Don't think I have ever played that well consistently.

Every time I looked up you were in a Stormtrance so I just followed you collecting orbs. Felt like a little kid tagging along with his big brother. Can I play too?

Wait is the IB assault rifle not very good? I saw people on another forum mention there are ARs with better stats. I'm not a good judge for these kinds of things so I've just been grinding IB in the hopes of getting a good weapon. I don't expect it to be Nirwen's level but I was hoping it'd be one of the better guns in the current meta.

Its basically a worse hard light from the look of it. But i could be wrong

lt519

I have to say, after playing IB the last two nights after taking off since November, the PvP was really improved by the Pulse Rifle nerf. I see a lot more variety in weapons, not many Auto Rifles, but Scout Rifles are back into relevance. You can actually make moves on people without fear of being cut down in Pulse Rifle laser fire.

My Hawksaw still isn't cutting it, may change to Nirwen's for the remainder of IB since I don't have a Y2 Last Word or MIDA and I can't be arsed to do anything for Legendary Marks.

It's not awful. I got the vendor version at 308 which is very stable. The rate of fire is not as high as hard light/monte Carlo but it has better impact.

I have had a few drop but the rolls have not been as good as the version that you can buy at rank 4.

I have to say, after playing IB the last two nights after taking off since November, the PvP was really improved by the Pulse Rifle nerf. I see a lot more variety in weapons, not many Auto Rifles, but Scout Rifles are back into relevance. You can actually make moves on people without fear of being cut down in Pulse Rifle laser fire.

My Hawksaw still isn't cutting it, may change to Nirwen's for the remainder of IB since I don't have a Y2 Last Word or MIDA and I can't be arsed to do anything for Legendary Marks.

I just feel like average TTKs took a major hit accross the board. I felt like way too many poeple had time to turn and run away from me in situations they shouldn't have been able to.

I'm currently using Mida and I'm not super happy with it. I need to find a legendary primary so I can try out the Chappy.

lt519

I just feel like average TTKs took a major hit accross the board. I felt like way too many poeple had time to turn and run away from me in situations they shouldn't have been able to.

I think that is what I like about it. It's less twitch COD and requires a little more thinking now. Sure I had guys that I got 3 bursts into and they snuck away to live another day, but I think I'm OK with that. I hated the alternative of sticking your head out around the corner and getting lasered and killed in a half a second by two people with Pulse Rifles. It created a tenative and slow play style crucible. You can be a little more aggressive now knowing you can take a punch from a Pulse Rifle. But too aggressive and they'll still mow you down.

Everything is mida and its really, really dull.

Honestly, I've seen 1 or 2 a match and that's about it. Maybe I've gotten lucky in my match making. Or maybe it's because I'm not using a MIDA so I'm not getting in long range firefights with other MIDAs.

TP-DK

A surprising amount of stormcallers think they can challenge a defender with armor of light, high armor, and a shotgun

It ends exactly how you think it does.

You use armor of light? I can't decide wether to use that or Blessing.

When I use armor I feel like I have to stay in my bubble to get any use out of it, while with blessing I can give armor to my whole team without having to stay in one spot.

Matt Frost

Voted for Destiny The Taken King as my GOTY 2015, probably wont win on a poll but is definitely my favorite (and the best shooter EVER). Second: Bloodborne.

Wow, thought I would play 1 or 2 rounds of IB to get bounties done and loaded into yet ANOTHER match in progress with 5 red bar players across both teams. People were jumping all over the place just randomly dying half way across the map. What a joke this is.Pretty much been every game for me so far.

EDIT: This is solo too so it's not like i'm partied with people half way across the world.

Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap. Back pedal. Tap Tap Tap Tap. Reload.

The game really rewards passive play right now. That said, I'll quit Destiny before I stop using my Hawksaw and Shotgun. The Mida is BORING.

It really is. I remember I loved it way back in Year 1, but right now, the kills just don't feel satisfying.

It doesn't help that the cross-hairs are slightly broken.

lt519

Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap. Back pedal. Tap Tap Tap Tap. Reload.

The game really rewards passive play right now. That said, I'll quit Destiny before I stop using my Hawksaw and Shotgun. The Mida is BORING.

Well I think that's it right? If you play with a MIDA you are going to be in a ton of boring ass fire fights. But MIDA is not an over powered weapon like Thorn or Pulse Rifles were. It's good in the right situations but I'm still going to mow down a MIDA if I'm in range and get the jump on them. In past meta games you had to use a hand cannon or pulse rifle or you were at a distinct disadvantage. You aren't at a disadvantage if you don't use a MIDA. It's much more balanced. People buying into that the MIDA is the new meta are just doing themselves a disservice and choosing a boring playstyle.

Maybe Trials its much worse because of the game type. I could see it being a shitty meta there.

Top Bottom