• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Most experienced players don't waste time on strikes unless they are doing bounties or helping someone. Every strike has areas that you can skip, or complete a minor objective that opens up the next area.

Unless the room requires you to kill every enemy in there, you don't have to. Just find the objective that makes the next area open up, or kill the mini-boss that makes the adds de-spawn and then rush to the next area.

Example: take the undying mind strike, taken version.

First area, you have to clear the 3 blights and kill the major centurion for the gate to open. You don't have to kill all the enemies there. Find a safe spot to snipe the blights, focus all firepower on the centurion and then rush to the next area, ignoring most of the other adds.

The giant staircase can be skipped until the 3 taken wizards at the top. Use supers/heavy to take them out and then you can just run all the way to the boss room ignoring everything on the way.

The strike boss usually has adds spawn based on timed intervals or its health bar. You can coordinate dps so the boss can be killed quickly without having to deal with the additional enemies.

We've been running strikes for a long, long time. We know all the nooks and crannies.

Half the sections you can just run right through without firing a single shot. Not as fun, but way quicker. Running with experienced players there's a high chance they'll only stop when they absolutely must and otherwise rush to the finish line.

Ahh destiny a game where you could run pass everything until the end...in the previous year.

Lol thanks guys. It's definitely not as fun, but I'll have to try and stick with them on this. I don't have anyone to do strikes with and the majority of the players playing at the moment as level 40 so it makes it difficult to be paired with those that are on my level. Great game thus far though.

KissVibes

Banned
I just got Destiny for the Xbox One. If anyone wants to refer me or whatever, I'll gladly use the link.

Also if anyone wants to play together, my GamerTag is BiteSharkBite

Living the dream

Jk7sSjtrGgQ2Q.gif

Hedera

Has anyone come across any vendors that accept spirit bloom? I was checking the tower yesterday and DO had helium for trade and both NM and FWC had spinmetal I believe. I still have a lot os SB from the key farming back in May (although the exchange rate is awful).

Also my plus subscription ran out and it's probably not worth it to upgrade just yet, I'll just wait and see what Bungie does (I'll bring a chair, don't worry).

Has anyone come across any vendors that accept spirit bloom? I was checking the tower yesterday and DO had helium for trade and both NM and FWC had spinmetal I believe. I still have a lot os SB from the key farming back in May (although the exchange rate is awful).

Also my plus subscription ran out and it's probably not worth it to upgrade just yet, I'll just wait and see what Bungie does (I'll bring a chair, don't worry).

It changes every week; if there is no vendor accepting spirit bloom this week, wait till next week.

Beat HM Golgoroth after he enraged completely blinded and a man down last night. We were all just shooting in what we hoped was his general direction. Right before that we missed a damage cycle so we were just desperately shooting him for normal damage (no pool) to do some damage since enrage was near. It was one of the best gaming moments of my life. When this game is good, nothing tops it.

E92 M3

Beat HM Golgoroth after he enraged completely blinded and a man down last night. We were all just shooting in what we hoped was his general direction. Right before that we missed a damage cycle so we were just desperately shooting him for normal damage (no pool) to do some damage since enrage was near. It was one of the best gaming moments of my life. When this game is good, nothing tops it.

Yeah, that's pretty cool. When I first beat hard Atheon, half the team was stuck in the portal. It was crazy intense.

The1Ski

Okay I'm having a tough time finding a straight answer...

What will year 1 exotic gear ascend to stats-wise? If I have a level 20 exotic helmet with ~140 defense, what will it ascend to?

E92 M3

Okay I'm having a tough time finding a straight answer...

What will year 1 exotic gear ascend to stats-wise? If I have a level 20 exotic helmet with ~140 defense, what will it ascend to?

It will ascend to nothing lol. You can pickup the Year 2 version from the kiosk (if it exists).

LTWood12

Well it's officially 2016 in Australia, so Happy New year DGAF from the future.

The lag is still terrible - killed a guy in 2015, died in 2016.

Happy new year Ruthless! And thanks for putting me back onto Nirwen's Mercy. I should've never quit using it.

Jinjo

Anyone have a link to that table that showed what your minimum rank + rep needs to be if you want to reach rank 5 with the weekly bounties on monday? (All buffs applied excl alt. char. buff.)

Currently halfway to 3 on my Hunter and wondering if I should keep playing or start my other characters.

Anyone have a link to that table that showed what your minimum rank + rep needs to be if you want to reach rank 5 with the weekly bounties on monday? (All buffs applied excl alt. char. buff.)

Currently halfway to 3 on my Hunter and wondering if I should keep playing or start my other characters.
I think you get an extra buff on your other characters if you have one at 3 (and again at 5.)

Ironbanner.info

Enter your GT there then just plug in what you are going to turn in

Namikaze1

A surprising amount of stormcallers think they can challenge a defender with armor of light, high armor, and a shotgun

It ends exactly how you think it does.

Top Bottom