• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

I know you like playing jumper Robinson but this was too much :p

2kv2oj.gif

Oh shit what do you got on me?

it was lag ,the game where i got kicked :p

It has crazy good flinching when you shoot someone.

However, it also has a problem with the reticle not shooting the bullet where it is supposed to.

It uses a standard carot reticle like this: ^

And the game would have you believe that the tip of the point is the crit spot (it actually shows the red dot above the carot).

Instead, the bullet actually falls somewhere below the tip. Sometimes causing mild feedback confusion.
I thought that was debunked on Reddit. It had a convincing gif to back it up.

I thought that was debunked on Reddit. It had a convincing gif to back it up.

The debunk was that someone posted that we were just seeing the reticle wrong. The whole " Wear it like a hat thing."

People were saying you should be aiming under the point, as if that is what bungie intends you to do.

Then someone came along and posted how if you actually use the reticle, you'll notice it turns into a full X shape with a small red dot above the ^ when firing. Showing that the actual path of the bullet is obviously unintentional.

Note that (almost?) every single weapon in Destiny has a small red dot that appears in the reticle when hovering over the head of a target.

It's crazy small, so if you're playing on a screen less than 25" I doubt you can even see it.

Halo did this, too.

I am usually holding down the fort by my lonesome so I have armor of light on. You can ask Ape just how many times I held the line alone, tanking incoming troops like it was nothing. It was hilarious this one match where four were heading to A point on Widow's Court. I was alone while everyone else went to B. by the time back up came, the fourth guy was down.
If someone knew to just run in that bubble and throw a poison smoke or two, you'd be done.

Frenden

Banned
I got a Revelator with Hot Swap, Hammer Forged, and Life Support (or whatever the Red Death lite perk is called) and have been super aggressive with it. Pretty consistently top or near top of the leaderboard during IB.

I was always an ADS TLW guy, so losing the bonus damage is less important to me now than having a consistent, fast ADS fire rate.

Love this gun (and it's a hippetty hoppetty antidote to the MIDA meta, Ape.) It's what I was using during all our IB runs. Hammer Forged makes all the difference.

No Iron banner for me today.

Turned on my Xbox for the first time in a while to get my rock band up to speed for tonight.

Didn't realize I'd be downloading a console update, controller update, and a game update.

Lol Ruthless, maybe I got stuck in a revenge teabag motion ;)

The rank 5 package gave me a 317 Finnala's Peril with Triple Tap and Luck in the Chamber. Wonder if it's decent but too bad it's all Mida Meta-Tool now.

Is there any reason I should care for this IB? I hear the drops/loot/weapons are piss poor right now

Those helmets got styyyyyyyle.

Titans get to look like Dark Souls~! Dark Souls man! You can be your favorite sword guy!

Warlocks get a helmet that makes them look like Sonic the Hedgehog! GOTTA GO FAST GOTTA GO FAST GOTTA GO FAST!

And hunters....are just there I guess

ocean

Banned
Is there any reason I should care for this IB? I hear the drops/loot/weapons are piss poor right now
As always, the armor looks great. Which tbh is the only meaningful aspect in the game since Light is totally meaningless after 310.

Edit: Burrito give me 4 mins and I'm there

Daemul

There's nothing more satisfying than absolutely dismantling a pre made 6 man team with a team of 6 randoms in IB, we were so close to mercy ruling them. Our team of randoms was obviously broken apart after the match, but at least I got the chance to play with other competent players for a short time.

Deku Tree

No Iron banner for me today.

Turned on my Xbox for the first time in a while to get my rock band up to speed for tonight.

Didn't realize I'd be downloading a console update, controller update, and a game update.

Wow Xbox one really doesn't have automatic downloads while in rest mode?

Daemul

Wow Xbox one really doesn't have automatic downloads while in rest mode?

It's depends what mode you put your Xbox on.

Instant-On Power mode - Updates will be automatically downloaded

Energy-saving power mode - Updates will not be automatically downloaded

I personally leave my XBO on energy-saving mode since I prefer for updates to take place whilst I'm there watching them.

I got a Revelator with Hot Swap, Hammer Forged, and Life Support (or whatever the Red Death lite perk is called) and have been super aggressive with it. Pretty consistently top or near top of the leaderboard during IB.

I was always an ADS TLW guy, so losing the bonus damage is less important to me now than having a consistent, fast ADS fire rate.

Love this gun (and it's a hippetty hoppetty antidote to the MIDA meta, Ape.) It's what I was using during all our IB runs. Hammer Forged makes all the difference.

I think Hot Swap on hand cannons should be part of hand cannon god tier rolls. I got it on my Imago Loop and its easy to keep proc'd and eliminates a lot of the issues with hand cannon ADS, even post buff.

Tanston

General question about the game and pvp in the game. I've never really been into PVP FPS, I played a bit of BF1942 and a bit of TF2 back in the day but never really got great at them. I've recently started playing Star Wars battlefront and it's a lot of fun but the progression is really shallow. As a horrible player who finishes in the bottom half of the scoreboard in Battlefront can I jump into PVP in Destiny as a casual player and still have fun? Or will I just be slaughtered non stop by 2 year vets in pre-formed teams?

I know I'll enjoy the PVE because I love loot grinds Diablo, Borderlands etc....just really curious about the PVP.

There's nothing more satisfying than absolutely dismantling a pre made 6 man team with a team of 6 randoms in IB, we were so close to mercy ruling them. Our team of randoms was obviously broken apart after the match, but at least I got the chance to play with other competent players for a short time.
Is rare, but it happens. My first 3 matches today with all ramdom team were quite good. One of them went into "extra time" on Dungeons. Ended with me popping a bubble on B, and a lot of shotgunning and melee. It helped that a sunsinger warlock was there. Got my Titan IB bond on that one

Top Bottom