• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Lucky streak continues in the last 2 days I've received both Trials shaders and the IB ship. If only I could get the PS exclusive Hunter cloak :)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Welp, I guess I'm done with single player because I am never, ever going to finish Fear's Embrace on my own. Explosions everywhere is not "challenge" it is just bullshit to force people's hand into having friends to 1) Kill enemies faster 2) Split up enemy attention 3) Have extra abilities to control the field 4) Resurrect each other. Seriously the benefits of playing with friends are so extreme it's downright stupid for it to not have some sort of handicap if you're playing solo.

Lnkn52

Just hang back by the door you entered from and snipe Oryx. Most of the time, when playing solo, you must cheese things especially that mission.

Welp, I guess I'm done with single player because I am never, ever going to finish Fear's Embrace on my own. Explosions everywhere is not "challenge" it is just bullshit to force people's hand into having friends to 1) Kill enemies faster 2) Split up enemy attention 3) Have extra abilities to control the field 4) Resurrect each other. Seriously the benefits of playing with friends are so extreme it's downright stupid for it to not have some sort of handicap if you're playing solo.

Are you on ps4? Ill help

phen0m24

Are you on ps4? Ill help

Totally can help

Dice

I'm on xbone.

Just hang back by the door you entered from and snipe Oryx. Most of the time, when playing solo, you must cheese things especially that mission.
It can be cheesed? Fair play if the level is nothing but cheese for the computer.

Edit: Jesus this is so fucking stupid. Bungie had an idiot moment with this level.

Edit 2: Still died like 8 times even when using that strat except with sniper rifle and rocket launcher because the little fucks kept shielding the big guys and I couldn't kill them before the big guys one-shotted me. Such stupid bullshit. I haven't seen a level that dumb for a looooooong time.

I remember us hosting the Gorgon cp hoping people might get a Horn or Tlord. Ah the good old days

For a little bit poeple would hold the piston cp. But everyone realized there was nothing worth chasing so they stopped.

I miss year one. The feels year two players will never understand

Edit sorry dicer. E92 where are you. Help a brotha out.

All you need is a high impact sniper.

Stay in starting room, snipe the shade few times (get crits) till he disappears.

Kill a few ads, build super.

Snipe shade again till it dies.

E92 M3

I'm on xbone.

It can be cheesed? Fair play if the level is nothing but cheese for the computer.

Edit: Jesus this is so fucking stupid. Bungie had an idiot moment with this level.

What's your gamertag? Add me: Trance Addix

I remember us hosting the Gorgon cp hoping people might get a Horn or Tlord. Ah the good old days

I miss those days for sure. We still have all of 2016 though.

For a little bit poeple would hold the piston cp. But everyone realized there was nothing worth chasing so they stopped.

I miss year one. The feels year two players will never understand

Edit sorry dicer. E92 where are you. Help a brotha out.

It'll be my pleasure :p

It looks like e92 has it covered. I'm on Xbox but won't be on for another 6 hours or so. Happy to help then if you need it?

I'll be iron bannering tonight if any xboxers want to group up. I am a below average PvP player though, especially in gaf circles.

I can focus on two points though and help teamnshoot people!

My GT is the same as here.

Deku Tree

Wow Trials is really sweaty now and the connections stink. I had an enemy tank a direct rocket hit and then we lost that heavy round.

Deku Tree

Wow I got from nothing up to the last step in the crucible nightfall questline playing for less than four hours.

Need 14 more points to unlock the Shaxx bounties. Wonder if I'll do them...

I really miss a lot of the pvp maps that used to rotate in nicely for IB, esp Shores. Getting sick of the same four.
Map rotation sucks. Loot drops suck. Why bother adding PS exclusive items if there's only a .04% chance of them dropping?

I don't understand Bungie.

Dice

For clarity: I died 8 times in the process of beating it using the supposedly-cheese way of actually-the-only-way-to-do-it.

Now I gotta just have some down time with my homies and listen to the old lady spill us some realtalk.
kxnWAAv.png
War. War never changes.

*deep breath*

Anyway, they gave me a shitty roll on this "Not like the others" but it was the best option next to a 3rd copy of the same hand cannon they keep pushing on me. The same scout in the shop has a much better roll but I don't know if I should drop my marks on it if the FWC might have a sweeter scout.

What's your gamertag? Add me: Trance Addix
dicetrain

Lag is unreal in Trials. Even green bars mean nothing.

Picked up a sniper in Trials for like the first time ever and went on a 10 kill streak. Lmao at anyone who thinks the 1k stare isn't unbalanced.

Picked up a sniper in Trials for like the first time ever and went on a 10 kill streak. Lmao at anyone who thinks the 1k stare isn't unbalanced.

I can't hit anything in pvp with 1k stare. Way too much aim assist throws me off.

Dunno how Eirenne and stillpiercer compare but I find them both better for me and I hit those head shots more consistently

1000YS headshots for you. Not much reason to use anything else as a sniper in Trials.

I can't hit anything in pvp with 1k stare. Way too much aim assist throws me off.

Dunno how Eirenne and stillpiercer compare but I find them both better for me and I hit those head shots more consistently

Already did Trials on my Hunter, otherwise I would've tried the Stillpiercer.

1000YS headshots for you. Not much reason to use anything else as a sniper in Trials.

I point in the general direction and shoot. Headshot guaranteed. Made so many filthy kills that should never have been one shot kills.

The Lag + Mida meta is making ToO so horrible. Every match had a red or yellow bar now.

stay gold

Just started using MIDA, anyone know which perks and sights I should be running with it?

Lightweight is the best perk from the 3 (MIDA has max equip speed so quickdraw is redundant). Sights don't seem all that different, but I use Smart Drift Control for the tiny amount of impact.

If you change factions do you lose your progress with the old faction or can you later return at the level you were?

No your rep stays fixed wherever it was. I think you need rank 2 or 3 to buy weapons though so its a bit of a grind if you're starting fresh.

You can only change faction once per week though, and I think you can only buy from that faction if you're currently pledges to them.

I think they put the weekly reset thing in at the start of TTK because people used to "edge" all 3 factions before a dlc dropped and then quickly rank up all 3 to get 3 drops straight away. Essentially another way to gate year 2 content.

I don't think it adds anything to the game or makes sense in anyway really.

Top Bottom