• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Some random kid asked me to explain things around the tower to him so I got a bit of use out of the earpiece headset. The in-game options mention playing voice over the speakers but it doesn't do that for an XBL party, so does that option only apply to strike team chat channels? That would be kind of a bummer since it'd be best to play voice over speakers a.k.a. headphones since I don't have a proper headset.

Shoulder charging laggy fools in IB is the only way to play

This one through the Vertigo portal is my favorite:

lY5W5M.gif

You lived the ultimate dream. Can't play normal crucible anymore without shoulder charge.

the_id

I'm going back to the crucible. Just watched Beasts of a Nation with the Mrs.

Fuck war! Why can't humanity just be hooked on Destiny

milkham

I'm going back to the crucible. Just watched Beasts of a Nation with the Mrs.

Fuck war! Why can't humanity just be hooked on Destiny

can you believe some people stop playing destiny to go cook?!

I want to get into this game. Is it solo friendly? I just wanna casually shoot shit for half an hour a day.

I think your question got lost on the bottom of a page. Destiny is not solo friendly, though you can run a lot of it solo.
some activities have matchmaking, regular crucible, iron banner, regular and heroic strikes. Although some have done the hardest activities solo, most rewarding activities are designed to be done with other players.
It's not hard to hook up with people here and as a new player i'm sure there will be veterans jumping at the chance to do that buddy thing with you to get the extra gear.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Rank 5 with everyone. Don't know what I'll get yet for warlock. All weekly bounties still around, will save up for next IB or the next next next next, etc.

Theorry

I am really sure now there is skill based matchmaking. Reason also i think the connections are extra bad now because the matchmaking doesnt focus enough on conntection.
I mean with a group i play who all play alot we have everytime some close matches. Last night i played with people who were very low light level and dont play alot of Crucible and the enemies i came across were super bad. Lot of killstreaks 4 or 5 mercy's Ones those low light level guys left and some other guys came onine the matches were instant more close again.

It's so easy to forget that Bungie buffed the Nightfall loot table and it's still pretty horrible. At least they've also added a nice Rep payout back in.

Ever since said boost, the only things I think I've gotten are.... a 305 Helmet for my Titan (which I happily took at the time, don't even think my Hunter main had anything higher than that then).. maybe I got a piece of exotic armor..? And then a stack or two of 3 of Coins. Other than that it's been nothing but some ghosts and some incredibly underwhelming guns (nothing with a worthwhile roll on it).

I won't even get into The True Meaning of War, which aside from a bad gun or two, nets me a 300-304 Ghost every single week.

But the Nightfall loot is part of a broader endgame problem. As much as I love how so many new exotics were tied into a bunch unique quests (including the hidden ones), the unintended consequence is that the RNG table was left pretty bone dry. There's no secret hope of rolling a Gjallarhorn etc from the Nightfall/Raid chest/etc

Late, but I'd settle for any NF Exotic decrypting at 320 if you're over LL 310.

Feorax

I remember Bungie saying before HoW released that the reason they got rid of the attack/defence upgrade bubbles was to make it so people weren't worried about the piece of gear they just dropped for them making them weaker by equipping it.

The problem is, once you get past 310, about 98% of the drops you get will make you weaker. Unless you have a ridiculous amount of infusion-fodder around, then you're likely in a worse situation than you were when you could fill in the little exp bubbles to max out the stats of your weapon of choice.

So what's the point of getting reconnected back into a Trials match after an error if the temporary disconnect counts as a loss on your card anyway? I dont get Bungie logic. At all.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Some reason people tend to ignore me and just run pass me. I think people are so caught up in the game if you stand still they think you are part of their team.

jkliol.gif

Thanks for the runs last night/all day yesterday people I ran with, sorry if my constant bitching about getting hit by Mida every few minutes gets old, but Jesus does it get old. Then I start getting sloppy and playing meh.

Might be on a little after work tonight just to get some bounties saved up

Feorax

IB complete. Got a 317 chest with INT/STR roll for the trouble.

Comfortably light 314 now. The progress that SRL, IB and challenge mode has given me over the last few weeks is crazy.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Anyone up for doing prison levels on xbone? On the second one I made it to the 3rd wave of the 3rd section but it took like 20 minutes for that one section so I wasn't going to repeat that over and over if I could just get meleed in the back of the head once for it to all be gone. Solo sucks so hard.

WeTeHa

Yesssss, finally soloed that stupid Fear's Embrace mission with a time limit. Had to use Red Death for the healing, otherwise I couldn't do it :/

Feorax

Bought a MIDA. Now just need to find some shit to infuse it with and some marks, cause I spent them all on it :p

Got Revenant shader as well today. Looks badass.

Top Bottom