• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Deku Tree

Matching into losing games where all your opponents have their supers up already sucks. More so in IB where loses only grant medallions.

WeTeHa

Is there a convenient place to farm for the DVALIN relics? I only got 2 or 3 so far, but I really want the Sleeper Simulant :/

Also, do they go to the postmaster if I don't pick them up?

Ok I think I'm getting the emblem and shader buff now weird.

Do you get a rank 3 package from lord salad?

Yeah, rank 3 and 5.

ocean

Banned
What can I do with Wormspore at the Tower? I think I see FWC and NM accepting Spinmetal and DO Helium Flakes.

Feels bad man.

Wow not getting the buff from the emblem and shader stinks. Just did some calculations. Makes me play lots more games ugh.

What buff? Afaik, only the class item gives rep boost. I don't believe the shader and emblem give any bonus rep on match wins.

The tempered buff is applied automatically, and increases every day.

can you believe some people stop playing destiny to go cook?!

lol

ocean

Banned
What buff? Afaik, only the class item gives rep boost. I don't believe the shader and emblem give any bonus rep on match wins.

The tempered buff is applied automatically, and increases every day.
Iron Banner Class item, shader and emblem are a 10% reputation buff each, stacked on top of Tempering.

So if you have all 3 on, (your rep gains) * 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.1.

You lived the ultimate dream. Can't play normal crucible anymore without shoulder charge.

Yup, having a lot of fun with striker.

80+ matches I think, still not a single shotgun :(

That's after I spent 450 marks buying all 6 helmets cause they wouldn't drop either.

Think I'll just mm with randoms now and dance in a corner till the game ends.

Iron Banner Class item, shader and emblem are a 10% reputation buff each, stacked on top of Tempering.

So if you have all 3 on, (your rep gains) * 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.1.

Yeah wasn't that pre-TTK? I remember them saying the class item will specifically grant bonus rep, but that was it? I see a lot of players playing IB without the shader and/or emblem, so assumed that was so.

Chucker

I'll hit 5 on my hunter in my next win. Got the old school Wolf cloak last night and a shotty that was 285.

Got a 315 Ghost and Boots for 5 on my Titan. Gave a 310 to my Hunter, will give whatever is left to my level 12 Lock.

Would really rather get the Hatchet for free, or maybe a Nirwin, but we'll see what happens when I get desperate Monday night.

Tri4

Not a single weapon drop nor the exclusive hunter cloak x__x. I wanted to casual trials, but this shit is Keeping me lol
I've been rank 5 on my hunter for like 3 days now and I still haven't gotten any of the exclusive armour drops.. I'll probably level my titan to 5 quickly and then continue farming that damn cloak.

I've been rank 5 on my hunter for like 3 days now and I still haven't gotten any of the exclusive armour drops.. I'll probably level my titan to 5 quickly and then continue farming that damn cloak.

We should create a cloak farming train lol, that way everyone can be salty when it drops for someone xD

Deku Tree

Yup, having a lot of fun with striker.

80+ matches I think, still not a single shotgun :(

That's after I spent 450 marks buying all 6 helmets cause they wouldn't drop either.

Think I'll just mm with randoms now and dance in a corner till the game ends.

Yeah wasn't that pre-TTK? I remember them saying the class item will specifically grant bonus rep, but that was it? I see a lot of players playing IB without the shader and/or emblem, so assumed that was so.

Oh is that how it works?

the shader and emblem still say they grant a buff in their description. And http://www.ironbanner.info/ also still says that they both grant a buff.

How big is the buff for the class item? Can it drop from a regular end game match?

Edit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ull_iron_banner_guide_to_ranking_up_fast_now/

This guide from a month ago says that you should get a bonus from the emblem and shader and class item all.

And I feel like I got it when I was turning in some bounties earlier today.

Edit2: what's the point of getting to rank 5 on your alts anyway?

Honestly I'm not sure, it may be that shader and emblem give you a boost only if you're wearing the class item? Class items can drop from playlist.

Rank 5 on alts for the package, and to be able to buy the helmets from salad bar.

So my rank 5 was a 310 ghost, some motes and coins. No weapon, no armor, nothing.
Fuck this game, and fuck IB in particular.
I'm fuming right now. >(

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
So I take it you have to do the higher level Prison of Elders modes to get decent gear?

Just wasted my first key on the chest and all I got was an exotic shotty and a legendary sniper rifle that were both in the 180 range.

Kind of annoying because the higher levels don't have match making and both my friends who play with me are terrible.

Deku Tree

Ok I just need to do the three daily IB bounties and turn in the three weekly bounties tomorrow to hit rank 5 on my Titan.

Guess it's time to work on my alts.

So I take it you have to do the higher level Prison of Elders modes to get decent gear?

Just wasted my first key on the chest and all I got was an exotic shotty and a legendary sniper rifle that were both in the 180 range.

Kind of annoying because the higher levels don't have match making and both my friends who play with me are terrible.

Well if you have TTK then all the PoE gear is garbage anyway compared to what you can get from Blue engrams or better year the KF raid.

Feorax

I could be wrong, but I don't think Prison of Elders gives any year 2 items at any level does it?

Now that Trials is on Burning Shrine again tje difference between Y1 and Y2 Trials is crystal clear. At least the Thorn/TLW meta encouraged quick plays. Now every match takes 15 minutes with everyone hardscoping a sniper lane.

Blegh.

No, the chest at any level Prison of Elders will give you the same rewards. Random legendary weapon and a chance of getting an exotic item.

Level 35 chest is the only one that drops a bonus shader, emblem and ship.

Prison of Elders is year 1 content and will not give you any year 2 gear.

Spizz

Banned
Started helping out my refer a friend yesterday, It's nice hearing the thoughts of someone who's fairly new to the game. I wish I could experience that thrill of playing the beta again for the first time.

The refer a friend shader also looks really nice on my Hunter IMO.

Played some IB last night on my Titan with the Twilight Garrison for the first time.

Is it still really rare? Seemed like most players didn't know how to deal with it at all. Outplayed the shit out of a blink shotgunner even lol

Tri4

We should create a cloak farming train lol, that way everyone can be salty when it drops for someone xD
I'll probably be cloak farming later on today so if there's a train, I'll jump on. Honestly I haven't seen a single person get the cloak. Must be a 0.04% drop.

@PoE is still a great place to farm strange coins and you can get lucky with an exotic from the chest, then you can buy the year 2 version through blueprints. It's also fun so I sometimes run it to level/test my weapons when I don't feel like dumping motes.

Agent

I keep getting put into games where my entire team is randoms with no fire teams, yet the other team is a fire team of 5/6 people so we get destroyed. My salt mine is overflowing this morning with this A+ matchmaking.

Where's the stream bruh?

Connection keeps breaking down, second time today broadcast ended on its own.

I wouldn't want to put anyone through watching these matches anyway. Every single round comes down to the last 10 seconds or a flag capture. This meta is so much fun.

Connection keeps breaking down, second time today broadcast ended on its own.

I wouldn't want to put anyone through watching these matches anyway. Every single round comes down to the last 10 seconds or a flag capture. This meta is so much fun.

Oh that's unfortunate. There have been a lot of connection issues this week: randomly getting kicked from party chat, contacting servers, and a ton of networking errors.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I

@PoE is still a great place to farm strange coins and you can get lucky with an exotic from the chest, then you can buy the year 2 version through blueprints. It's also fun so I sometimes run it to level/test my weapons when I don't feel like dumping motes.

Also good to know. Thank you.

Top Bottom