• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

I think I'll just give up on farming for the exclusive cloak and just buy it when it goes on sale from Saladin.
I don't know why class items aren't being sold if they are dropping post-game.

I thought Lord Salad's inventory was supposed to match post-game rewards so you can buy whatever you missed due to RNG. I don't recall seeing anyone getting boots as a drop either.

It seems like something's bugged... Unless I'm forgetting how IB drops are supposed to work now.

Oh that's unfortunate. There have been a lot of connection issues this week: randomly getting kicked from party chat, contacting servers, and a ton of networking errors.

Yup both me and Tears got randomly kicked out of Trials but we reconnected and won. Around 5 or 6-0 all the laggers show up but luckily we conquered it and got to Mercury. Taking a break from this game again might be the best option now for me. It isn't fun anymore.

SpecX

IB done. All 3 characters at rank 5 with the following drops

316 HC
314 Hunter Guanlet
315 Warlock Boots

All of these items will be infused into my Titan setup. First time getting all 3 characters to rank 5, but with the time off from work it maze it easy. I actually had fun using my Warlock for once and boy is the stormcaller super overpowering...

Namikaze1

Don't feel like doing IB alone so let's start a train. Will be micless for a match or two, depending on the length of this podcast. Might as well try and get a 320 ghost.

PS4

1. Namikaze1

Don't feel like doing IB alone so let's start a train. Will be micless for a match or two, depending on the length of this podcast. Might as well try and get a 320 ghost.

PS4

1. Namikaze1

I'll join for a bit. Think i will be micless because of AGDQ

Don't think about the cloak, that's how you get the cloak. Had drop on the first day and didn't even know what it was or that it was exclusive.

ViciousDS

Banned
Not going to lie.....the more I get back into destiny the more I realize actually how good looking of a game it is. The art style, character design and skyboxes truly are fantastic. Did kings fall last night with 5 people who had never done it before and was hilarious fun. Olgoroth though was the hardest thing and it amazes me at how easy the sisters are compared to warpriest as well.

I love my sexy ass cloak.

Feels good to finally have something drop that hardly any others have gotten, I went all of year one without a Ghorn until Xur sold it again.

Good luck to all of you in the final two days, now if I could jut get the titan helmet to drop so I dont have to buy it

Frenden

Banned
I love my sexy ass cloak.

Feels good to finally have something drop that hardly any others have gotten, I went all of year one without a Ghorn until Xur sold it again.

Good luck to all of you in the final two days, now if I could jut get the titan helmet to drop so I dont have to buy it

Titan helmet = sexiest armor in the whole game.

I'd like to do some more Trials today if anybody's around. Only interested in trying to win so if people just want bounties it's probably not a good match.

Not going to lie.....the more I get back into destiny the more I realize actually how good looking of a game it is. The art style, character design and skyboxes truly are fantastic. Did kings fall last night with 5 people who had never done it before and was hilarious fun. Olgoroth though was the hardest thing and it amazes me at how easy the sisters are compared to warpriest as well.

Yeah the art style is really exceptional. A lot of the game's outstanding features get overlooked by all the frustrating aspects (PvP lag is the major culprit currently) so it's good to appreciate the positive occasionally.

Golgi should be the easiest fight if you use the one orb strat, although the daughters difficulty totally depends on who gets randomly Torn to be runner. I've had a lot of tedious attempts simply because the one or two newbies kept getting torn every time and they couldn't make the jumps. It's a really poorly designed encounter because of that tbh.

v1perz53

So is there any actual benefit to trying hard in Iron Banner after rank 5? My anecdotal experience is that there is no real difference between rewards when winning or losing, but that could be totally wrong because of small sample size. Or should I just do my thing and hope for RNGesus to kick in?

Also, obviously my rank 5 rewards were the ghost at 310, lowest it can possibly be, and a set of gloves at 312, the single only piece besides helm I have at 310 already.

D_psipher

I'd like to do some more Trials today if anybody's around. Only interested in trying to win so if people just want bounties it's probably not a good match.

Drizz it looks like you got a team but if you end up doing another run I would like to join you as well.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
How am I supposed to get heavy weapon kills when the other team camps on the boxes ahead of time, yes 3 on each box, with shield bubbles, to their extreme loss since they are giving us all zones, just to spite us for kicking their asses? It is soooooooo annoying to only be playing for heavy kills (because just playing a match doesn't get you any IB XP and I already finished every other bounty) and only get two really shitty chances to have the opportunity to try and land some. I have 8/13 and I'm really sick of IB, which is easily the worst mode in the game.

FUUUUUU

Forgot about Xur this entire weekend that I've been on. Missed out on the Ahamkara Grasps the first time he had it and now I see he had it again this weekend.

;__;

GlamFM

Banned
Titan + IB gear + Ruin Wings + Beltane Shader + Exotic Mark = Best looking Guardian in Destiny IMO.

l0hR5OM.jpg

vskjKBW.jpg

FlO59G8.jpg

ViciousDS

Banned
Dear heavens servers must really be acting up. I just watched 16 including myself people spawn into the tower at once lol. Everyone must have DC'ed at the tower and booted to orbit......because I know it wasn't due to game settings changing.

Shiv47

Either I hit my zone or got matched against randoms at my level or below, as I finally got the high score in an IB match for the bounty. And got it by a 1000 points! Feels good man

I would play trials with you drizz.

Also we are getting murdered in IB

I'm down for some trials drizz, just shoot me an invite if you see me on.

Got responses way faster than I expected, haha. I just got online now but I'm ready to roll whenever you guys are done w IB.

Drizz it looks like you got a team but if you end up doing another run I would like to join you as well.

Yeah I'll be down for a couple runs today.

Other than that I want to start Grave's Warlock hopefully today so I can hit the Golgi CM before reset.

Deku Tree

Available from Lord Saladin:
Rank 3: Boots
Rank 4: Helmets, Auto Rifles
Rank 5: Shotgun

Available as post-game drops:
Rank 2: Helmets
Rank 3: Class Items, Auto Rifles
Rank 4: Shotgun

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=14210

It's account-wide so it's based on the rank of your highest character.

So I can get the class item and AR to drop on my alt if only my main is rank 3?

Can I get a 310-320 ghost to drop on my alt if my main is rank 5 but my alt isn't?

Thanks!

So I can get the class item and AR to drop on my alt if only my main is rank 3?

Can I get a 310-320 ghost to drop on my alt if my main is rank 5 but my alt isn't?

Thanks!
Yes to both.

The only real benefit to ranking up on an alt is for the rank 5 package (310-320 random IB drop).

Top Bottom