• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Nope.

thytyhg.gif

Starting a train. Join.

todd360

Cloudy memories of the way it used to be. SEARCH FOR CHAIN MAILLLLL! I can't see. Feeling so confused, but I know your drop rate is true! Please drop for meee. Quadrupling jumping so high up in the sky. I'm caught up in a dream. My hopes they fade away. Its my reality. And now I know the reason why. I've got to make a change. Grow luckier every day. I need chainmail here with me.

What is the TTK of the doctrine? Must be something insane if you hit all headshots but realistically thats never going to happen.

The Zhalo is a beast. You can almost max the stability. It's great for IB/6v6 game types.

I don't have a Doctrine with Counter Balance, so I wouldn't know how broken it is :/

Doctrine kills in 1 second and can out range pulse rifles, so yeah, it's broken as fuck.

E92 M3

Doctrine kills in 1 second and can out range pulse rifles, so yeah, it's broken as fuck.

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. I played a decent amount of IB and only was killed by a doctrine a handful of times. Maybe it's your perks?

neoism

Major GGs to Biggy and Igor for the very eventful Trials games. Restarted a card because Igor got DC'ed, then beat Kraftyy on our way to Mercury, then I finally got the Scarab Emblem after our very last match.

The lag is making this game borderline unplayable for me nowadays but when it's fun, it's still very very fun.

CX0zgRVUQAAVRN-.jpg:large

Id reallly love to stop using the second ship I ever got in this game....(un uncommon purple ship) I love they way that ship looks.... will never get it... :*(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Doctrine is garbage. TKK means nothing without stability and even with max stability because I have one with braced and counterbalance it still moves around too much while firing. AR in general to me are trash.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Doctrine is garbage. TKK means nothing without stability and even with max stability because I have one with braced and counterbalance it still moves around too much while firing. AR in general to me are trash.

It's about adjusting to it. Once you can anticipate and compensate for its kick, it's absurdly powerful. It takes a lot of time using to get there though.

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. I played a decent amount of IB and only was killed by a doctrine a handful of times. Maybe it's your perks?

Everyone will be complaining about Doctrine and Mida next.

Like Milkham said, person with nicely rolled Doctrine sees you, you're dead. The stagger is so bad and the TTK is so fast that you can almost never respond to it at medium-close range.

Let me borrow that gun though

Get a controller with hair trigger first. Grasp is over rated.

It's pretty good at medium range if you have very high stability, but can't match a Nirven's at longer range.

Spoo

I don't post as much here as I used to, but I gotta head some shit off my shoulders concerning Trials of Osiris, which -- ostensibly -- I like a lot. On paper, it's a really cool mode, and *sometimes* in practice it reflects that promise. Generally, however, when you get to the 6th or 7th match, everything -- and I mean *everything* -- goes to shit for myself and my teams.

I went flawless in Year 1 thanks to Rubenov and Wicked, and I didn't really appreciate the skill and communication that went into that. For Year 2, I kind of made a "pact" with myself that I wouldn't be carried in Year 2 -- I just wanted to be able to legitimately wear the emblem and not have second thoughts about whether or not it would be legitimate to sport it. So, that's my background there.

For Year 2 destiny in general I've gotten a *ton* better at PVP in crucible. Brought my KDR from like a .7 to 1.13, and my last week average has been a 1.2. Trials is a different story -- there I have a .96 kdr. I get that that's not a very good KDR, but I continue to feel like I'm getting better at communication, as is my team in general, and we've worked our way up from struggling on finishing the 3rd or 4th match, to rather consistently getting to the 7th match. We even beat one 7th match, making 8 the highest we've been. All of this is good.

The bad is that there's a hell of a lot of really terrible shit in Trials -- not just the weapon balances that will *always* be an issue, and not just red bars and yellow bars fucking up the landscape for fair competition, but the fact that my team is matched, on our 7th round, against people who have gone 27x flawless in year 2 is absolutely fucked. I mean, I'd love to stay positive and say "Oh well, I'll get better, and one day I too will be 28x flawless" but in reality, y'know, I just want matches that feel *tough*, but on the level. My level, specifically.

So, the matchmaking is complete ass grease. It's unfair, and unrealistic. On it's best days it's bearable, but on the worst days? It's disgustingly terrible. I can't be the only one who thinks that the Year 1 approach of just putting a bunch of teams in a blender and spitting out matches is a better approach than the tournament method they've employed here. It doesn't mesh with the other core (and very deeply problematic) issues of latency. If they were going for a 50% chance you'll win per match, they've completely missed the mark.

So, yeah, I guess I'm just super upset at this point and about to give up, but I really feel like the barrier here is too high to climb with everything considered. There's a ton of shit that could be better, and Bungie refuses to do a single one of those things. I guess I never did imagine I could get flawless in the first place, but I've played quite a bit in trials since Taken King came out, and while there's been progress, there's just this gigantic fucking barrier at the end of the line here flipping the middle finger.

Feels bad man.

I just wanted a decent primary so I can use my truth. Tired of using the multi tool. You got lucky with those perks on your Malok

I've played 1 IB match so can't comment there, but Doctrine has been very strong in Trials this week. Teams that coordinate an aggressive collapse inside the building can be deadly w Doctrine. It just needs tight quarters, close-mid range to dominate. Big open maps like Widow's Court wouldn't be as good, and maybe not as strong for 6v6 vs Trials.

IB seems to favor Mida whereas Trials is a lot of TLW and Doctrine. I've seen surprisingly few pulse rifles in Trials this week as well.

Edit: Doctrine TTK is 0.93 for crit shots and 1.20 sec for body shots, for the record.

Oh man watching that match from krafty's stream is amazing haha. "These guys just do not peek holy shit" "this is ridiculous" "unbelievably fucking annoying to play against" and so much more muahahaha that was great. And apparently we got hate afterwards? He says "yeah we shouldn't be hating that team guys, spread love not hate" ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

He also says "these guys are trying so hard right now" and "they are playing seriously slow". Well that's because we watch your stream lol.

Krafty's a great guy though. That he was a bit salty was understandable because our style of play was indeed annoying but that was our only choice if we wanted to win lol.

Oh man watching that match from krafty's stream is amazing haha. "These guys just do not peek holy shit" "this is ridiculous" "unbelievably fucking annoying to play against" and so much more muahahaha that was great. And apparently we got hate afterwards? He says "yeah we shouldn't be hating that team guys, spread love not hate" ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

He also says "these guys are trying so hard right now" and "they are playing seriously slow". Well that's because we watch your stream lol.

Krafty's a great guy though. That he was a bit salty was understandable because our style of play was indeed annoying but that was our only choice if we wanted to win lol.
Link?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Funny how that works. When people get killed by grasp they stop engaging me one on one. I have to chase them for the rest of the match. I want to use the Hawkmoon jr more often but it loses to too many things. Only weapon I really lose to is the Midi.

ocean

Banned
Do you remember TLW double/tapping 111s, down sights, at range, for a .25s kill (literally faster than any machine gun)? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Or the Thorn double tap, which took .36s to pull off (DoT would take a little longer to get the job done but you were already a dead man walking).

The meaning of broken as duck had changed :p

I swear these Camelot cloaks are a freaking myth. So many matches after rank 5 and haven't seen it drop once.

Do you remember TLW double/tapping 111s, down sights, at range, for a .25s kill (literally faster than any machine gun)? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Or the Thorn double tap, which took .36s to pull off (DoT would take a little longer to get the job done but you were already a dead man walking).

The meaning of broken as duck had changed :p

No, because I barely used to touch crucible back then :p

You had the glorious Hawkmoon back in that time, that was my primary for pvp.

I swear these Camelot cloaks are a freaking myth. So many matches after rank 5 and haven't seen it drop once.

I you don't get one to drop between ranks 3 and 4, may as well forget about it.

No, because I barely used to touch crucible back then :p

You had the glorious Hawkmoon back in that time, that was my primary for pvp.

I you don't get one to drop between ranks 3 and 4, may as well forget about it.

Huh? Why?

GunnerZ

I'm finally done with iron banner, got my helmets and I'm out, hasta la vista Lord Saladin until the next big update...✌

E92 M3

Best Doctrine perks are Persistence, Braced Frame, and Counter-Balance.

I only have HH on mine, which I guess is the worst possible perk.

Everyone will be complaining about Doctrine and Mida next.

Like Milkham said, person with nicely rolled Doctrine sees you, you're dead. The stagger is so bad and the TTK is so fast that you can almost never respond to it at medium-close range.

Get a controller with hair trigger first. Grasp is over rated.

It's pretty good at medium range if you have very high stability, but can't match a Nirven's at longer range.

Now the MIDA is everywhere, that's for sure!

I've played 1 IB match so can't comment there, but Doctrine has been very strong in Trials this week. Teams that coordinate an aggressive collapse inside the building can be deadly w Doctrine. It just needs tight quarters, close-mid range to dominate. Big open maps like Widow's Court wouldn't be as good, and maybe not as strong for 6v6 vs Trials.

IB seems to favor Mida whereas Trials is a lot of TLW and Doctrine. I've seen surprisingly few pulse rifles in Trials this week as well.

Edit: Doctrine TTK is 0.93 for crit shots and 1.20 sec for body shots, for the record.

I've been using a lot TLW this weekend and the one downside is that it can't beat a doctrine if they get first shot. That said, I am just not a fan of the auto rifle class in general.

Y'all motherfuckers were like boogeymen, playing the shadows. At one point Krafty was like, "Oh shit, they're here!", and I cracked up laughing lol. He was way uncomfortable, good job.

Of course it highlights how good he is, since it took 3 highly skilled players to take him down.

GunnerZ

Y'all motherfuckers were like boogeymen, playing the shadows. At one point Krafty was like, "Oh shit, they're here!", and I cracked up laughing lol. He was way uncomfortable, good job.

Of course it highlights how good he is, since it took 3 highly skilled players to take him down.
3 highly skilled? OK there bud more like 1.

Top Bottom