• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

the_id

Oh man watching that match from krafty's stream is amazing haha. "These guys just do not peek holy shit" "this is ridiculous" "unbelievably fucking annoying to play against" and so much more muahahaha that was great. And apparently we got hate afterwards? He says "yeah we shouldn't be hating that team guys, spread love not hate" ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

He also says "these guys are trying so hard right now" and "they are playing seriously slow". Well that's because we watch your stream lol.

Krafty's a great guy though. That he was a bit salty was understandable because our style of play was indeed annoying but that was our only choice if we wanted to win lol.

Now I really wish there are a MLG tournament for Destiny with the elimination game mode. Amazing watching you guys play. This is what its like watching the top player man.

Best part of the crucible is actually the skirmish and the elimination game modes. This is where the PVP actually shines - 3 vs 3

LTWood12

Rowr.

mXGz4tH.png

Train still going strong. Lots of sweaty matches though. First couple of days were a breeze but these last two days.

LTSalt12

Too bad the titan mark and warlock bond are not that impressive.

That hunter cloak though...

Moar salt for you XD

Now I really wish there are a MLG tournament for Destiny with the elimination game mode. Amazing watching you guys play. This is what its like watching the top player man.

Best part of the crucible is actually the skirmish and the elimination game modes. This is where the PVP actually shines - 3 vs 3

PewPew posted link and reminder for the DGAF crucible tourney, sign up.

todd360

3 highly skilled? OK there bud more like 1.

Yunggggg gunnerzzzz

I've been sad about the lack of private matches since day one. The release of trials only made me want it more. I think destiny deserves to be a major player in competitive shooters. Perhaps destiny 2 will answer my wishes.

How am I supposed to test my self against the best players if I can't fucking challenge them Bungie? Oh yeah I'm not supposed to work on getting better since you think this is a casual pvp shooter.

GunnerZ

Yunggggg gunnerzzzz

I've been sad about the lack of private matches since day one. The release of trials only made me want it more. I think destiny deserves to be a major player in competitive shooters. Perhaps destiny 2 will answer my wishes.

How am I supposed to test my self against the best players if I can't fucking challenge them Bungie? Oh yeah I'm not supposed to work on getting better since you think this is a casual pvp shooter.
Tooooooodddddd360

Dave_6

Thanks for the IB train invite Kadey! I'm not the best and running with a good group makes me look even worse.

Still no class items for my Warlock or Hunter, and no Titan helmet either. Guess I'm just gonna have to buy one.

Ji66a-Man

I'm trying to run the DJ method of camping at spawn and playing bad for drops while watching AGDQ 2016, but I still finish in the middle of the pack and get jack for rewards. Working as intended.

I'm trying to run the DJ method of camping at spawn and playing bad for drops while watching AGDQ 2016, but I still finish in the middle of the pack and get jack for rewards. Working as intended.

I'm not camping or playing bad, I'm idling.

Just hide somewhere on the map where no one can see you.

Got a 317 ghost half an hour back for idling :p

Toki767

I'm not camping or playing bad, I'm idling.

Just hide somewhere on the map where no one can see you.

Got a 317 ghost half an hour back for idling :p

I kind of want to do that but I don't want to piss people off who are actually trying to win lol

the_id

Does that mean Drizz was doing a double carry of his own? That's even more impressive.
Biggy and Igor are top tier as well.

I'm pretty sure Destiny has the potential to become a very big MLG tournament. Trials has shown this and the Sweaty community has shown this. Maybe Bungie's next big patch is custom games. That would be awesome.

I wish I could but I don't think there's many that are keen.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Igor and Biggy are A tier. Driz is S tier. Very few on GAF are S tier. Obviously the general, Unstable, Wicked, etc are those.

When it comes down to it it's a team game. People have to do enough to complement each others skills to beat the other team and vice versa.

GunnerZ

Does that mean Drizz was doing a double carry of his own? That's even more impressive.

Sorry 1 highly skilled and 2 average. Not saying anyone's bad not at all, Drizz is pretty good and I haven't really seen igor or Biggy play but correct me if I'm wrong they've played with each other prior that match and have some form of team chemistry, Krafty pulls people from where ever.

Personally I feel thats its more immpessive to play with people you've never played with before and getting them to mercury as frequent as he does.

maomaoIYP

Due to the revived interest in the Mida, I tried out the Boolean Gemini last night. It does more damage and is slightly more stable than the Mida. I would actually prefer BG if Mida didn't have the insane reload speed.

todd360

Igor and Biggy are A tier. Driz is S tier. Very few on GAF are S tier. Obviously the general, Unstable, Wicked, etc are those.

When it comes down to it it's a team game. People have to do enough to complement each others skills to beat the other team and vice versa.

What tier is nami? What tier are you? Can wicked beat goku?

MildSoss

Sorry 1 highly skilled and 2 average. Not saying anyone's bad not at all, Drizz is pretty good and I haven't really seen igor or Biggy play but correct me if I'm wrong they've played with each other prior that match and have some form of team chemistry, Krafty pulls people from where ever.

Personally I feel thats its more immpessive to play with people you've never played with before and getting them to mercury as frequent as he does.
Oh yeah, without a doubt. Dude is on a whole different level then most if not all the players on destiny with the way he handles a snipe. You can't peak at all with him and drizz knew that haha

LTWood12

Too bad the titan mark and warlock bond are not that impressive.

That hunter cloak though...

Moar salt for you XD

I can't even get the regular ass class items to drop! I need them for my hunter and warlock.

Drops for the week so far
5 Helmets
4 Autorifles
0 Class Items
0 Shotguns
0 Ghosts

How do you rate igor and biggy average if you haven't seen them play?

GhaleonEB

Finished the Nightfall solo. Doing so with the modifier for primary damage + MIDA made it pretty straight forward. Felt a lot like working through some old Halo missions on Legendary, which I enjoy quite a bit.

RNGesus felt fit to bestow upon me the same gun I was using, only less powerful (mine is 297). Sigh.

CX2q6urUwAU1Hcg.jpg:large

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I would rate C people as average. B is more competent, A is great but not single carry material unless in regular crucible, S is carry material. And then there are Gods which consists of people like Krafty. This is the same way FGC people rate their players. Just like there are Five gods of fighting games, there are five gods of Marvel. Stat means a lot but ultimately it's about how much tournament wins you have, the competition in said tournament, etc. Chris G is like Peyton Manning, he wins all the regular FGC tournaments but he can't win EVO for his life. He's the only Marvel god who hasn't won an EVO title.

todd360

I would rate C people as average. B is more competent, A is great but not single carry material unless in regular crucible, S is carry material. And then there are Gods which consists of people like Krafty. This is the same way FGC people rate their players. Just like there are Five gods of fighting games, there are five gods of Marvel.

So there is a greater tier than S? S+?

Oh man watching that match from krafty's stream is amazing haha. "These guys just do not peek holy shit" "this is ridiculous" "unbelievably fucking annoying to play against" and so much more muahahaha that was great. And apparently we got hate afterwards? He says "yeah we shouldn't be hating that team guys, spread love not hate" ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

He also says "these guys are trying so hard right now" and "they are playing seriously slow". Well that's because we watch your stream lol.

Krafty's a great guy though. That he was a bit salty was understandable because our style of play was indeed annoying but that was our only choice if we wanted to win lol.

*Insert all relevant disclaimers here (double carry, salt, stream entertainment, etc.)*

I always find this kinda stuff really boring. It's literally criticizing people for playing smart, and it's exactly how Krafty plays. How many rounds end in a 1v3 with him (lots!), then how many times does he rush aggressively towards the enemies (never!)? Which is exactly what he should do. It doesn't matter how MLG pro you are, any three schmoes can team-shoot you down in a split second.

Not sure if anyone caught the Armsday Tournament yesterday, but the favorites (Team XBox) lost and WishYouLuck was bitching a bunch about how the other team was playing too passive. But the team had just gotten control of top-mid on Thieve's Den, then played smart to hold it and totally flipped the score. Wish and co. played stupid, never adjusted their tactics, and just went on tilt complaining about their competition.

My attitude has always been very simple: Winning is the only thing that matters. Everything else is excuses. It's your fault for not properly adjusting to another team's tactics.

edit: oh no, we're giving tier rankings to DGAF PvP'ers. How could this possibli go wrong?

recks

Wha?! This guy is totally a scrub, all he does is use high AA Snipers. More like G(arbage) Tier.

&#65288;´&#12539;&#969;&#12539; `) <3

the_id

I've played more crucible this week than I've played the entirety of year one.

welp
Everytime I see you, I keep imagining a hardworking, friendly Guardian/farmer/scavanger, tolling away in the wastelands, looking for good loot and always doesn't mind company and carrying a wind turbine for a fan to keep him cool.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Gods are so well above the others they have their own place.

Also God status are reserved for those who excel in multiple games. For instance Tokido is considered the best fighting game player in history based on the fact he is top player status in Tekken, SF, Blazblue, Marvel and a billion other fighting games.
We have Gods of Destiny but do we actually have Gods of FPS? Can't really say because none really play multiple ones competitively. And they definitely aren't as well known compared to those in MOBAs, RTSs and Fighters.

How many 320 drops have you gotten since I'm assuming you've been playing as Rank 5 IB all day?

Only ghosts can drop between 310-320, everything else is limited to below 310.

Just the one 320 ghost so far for me.

Everytime I see you, I keep imagining a hardworking, friendly Guardian/farmer/scavanger, tolling away in the wastelands, looking for good loot and always doesn't mind company and carrying a wind turbine for a fan to keep him cool.

lol that's just the mic on my new wireless headset, it's very sensitive.

todd360

Gods are so well above the others they have their own place.

Also God status are reserved for those who excel in multiple games. For instance Tokido is considered the best fighting game player in history based on the fact he is top player status in Tekken, SF, Blazblue, Marvel and a billion other fighting games.
We have Gods of Destiny but do we actually have Gods of FPS? Can't really say because none really play multiple ones competitively. And they definitely aren't as well known compared to those in MOBAs, RTSs and Fighters.

Kratos kills gods though. Where does he fit in all of this?

*Insert all relevant disclaimers here (double carry, salt, stream entertainment, etc.)*

I always find this kinda stuff really boring. It's literally criticizing people for playing smart, and it's exactly how Krafty plays. How many rounds end in a 1v3 with him (lots!), then how many times does he rush aggressively towards the enemies (never!)? Which is exactly what he should do. It doesn't matter how MLG pro you are, any three schmoes can team-shoot you down in a split second.

Not sure if anyone caught the Armsday Tournament yesterday, but the favorites (Team XBox) lost and WishYouLuck was bitching a bunch about how the other team was playing too passive. But the team had just gotten control of top-mid on Thieve's Den, then played smart to hold it and totally flipped the score. Wish and co. played stupid, never adjusted their tactics, and just went on tilt complaining about their competition.

My attitude has always been very simple: Winning is the only thing that matters. Everything else is excuses. It's your fault for not properly adjusting to another team's tactics.

edit: oh no, we're giving tier rankings to DGAF PvP'ers. How could this possibli go wrong?

You didn't happen to record your feed did you?

Igor and I have played a decent amount together, we had a good ~11 wins during a run w Ape on Twilight Gap. Biggy and I have played before but not for awhile honestly. Three of us certainly didn't have a bunch of prior chemistry; it's not like when me Unstable and Wicked did 3 Trials runs every Friday.

And of course what Kraftyy does is way more impressive, many people including myself have already posted as much. But he lost today solely because we had team work and he didn't. For better and worse he doesn't help his teammates much. He doesn't give many callouts, or discuss strategy, or give them advice on how to improve.

Which is fine but also severely limits the plays he can make. Watching his stream makes it clear how he plays and he always plays that same way. So coordinated teams can play around that like we did. He'll only win if he plays out of his mind (very possible) or if his carries are actually decent. His 11-5 stat line is misleading; he got a lot of kills that weren't helpful. He'd let teammates die, not revive them (we controlled orbs well), then get some kills off picks but still lose the round.

Ultimately it's not helpful to "rank" individual players. Igor and Biggy are great players. I only went 6-5 but also had 4 revives. The most important factor, teamwork, doesn't show up on the stat line. It only shows up as a W or L.

You didn't happen to record your feed did you?

I forgot to save it until later and only caught the last 2 rounds sadly :-/

I was pretty bummed about that, I lost my two or three kills on the main man. It's still helpful to rewatch and see what plays were made to win those rounds for us. As you well know, a Trials match can easily turn from a loss to a win based on one clutch revive, etc.

Top Bottom