• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Lima

I know we are joking when we say that people in crucible who do really bad get rewarded more often but it is a thing tbh. In the past hour of idling I got the Titan class mark, a 318 ghost shell and the new IB ship. All while being on the losing team and bottom of the score board.

Persuaded an lfg team to go double dps phase on hard cm golgy and we had 1 person light 308 who has never done Hard raid before and the group was helping him out. Pretty nice. Hard noobie died to unstable light the first run, and we got it on the 2nd run.

ALT Warlock jumped from 310 to 313. Last week he went from 298 to 308 from normal warpriest cm. (308 to 310 gap from IB). CM makes alts quick.

First time I got 2nd gaze. That was more exhilarating than the rest of the of the roles imo. Also had to be ad clearer during 2nd dps phase as a Stormcaller. That was fun too.

I like golgy challenge the best.

I know we are joking when we say that people in crucible who do really bad get rewarded more often but it is a thing tbh. In the past hour of idling I got the Titan class mark, a 318 ghost shell and the new IB ship. All while being on the losing team and bottom of the score board.

Can confirm. On a related note: I got a couple good drops in an hour while playing with no socks on. I know we joke about how people in crucible who play with no socks on get rewarded more often, but it is a thing tbh.

Lima

Can confirm. On a related note: I got a couple good drops in an hour while playing with no socks on. I know we joke about how people in crucible who play with no socks on get rewarded more often, but it is a thing tbh.

Now that you mention it. I had no socks on. Could be part of the reason.

I like golgy challenge the best.

Golgi is the best KF encounter. Just a shame that it's typically trivialized using one orb strat. Doing a true double gaze strat is an absolute blast, I had so much fun holding gaze during our blind KF run.

That said I'm actually not crazy about the Golgi CM but I understand why it's the way it is. I think Oryx CM is the coolest but that fight is such a tedious bore that there's nothing much to save it. Kinda like how Warpriest is so simple it'd be hard to have a challenging or interesting CM. CMs are always going to be extremely limited assuming they don't involve changing any mechanics.

GunnerZ

Come on now the secret of getting good IB drops is by wearing some badass glow in the dark socks. Instant 320 items come on now :》

deadduck

Doctrine is garbage. TKK means nothing without stability and even with max stability because I have one with braced and counterbalance it still moves around too much while firing. AR in general to me are trash.

You have to hold it down a bit even with persistence, counterbalance and high stability), but it'll outgun alot of things close range, my favourite is rushing shotgunners.

It's not as OP as your grasp mind you ;)

Damn, I feel like I started some shit by calling those guys highly skilled lol. Most of you are probably leagues better than me, and I like to give credit where it is due. I've gotten better, but I am so envious of some of the sniping skills on display; I really need to play with some of you, maybe it will rub off on me.

recks

Come on now the secret of getting good IB drops is by wearing some badass grow in the dark socks. Instant 320 items come on now :》
dead2.gif

ocean

Banned
Golgi is the best KF encounter. Just a shame that it's typically trivialized using one orb strat. Doing a true double gaze strat is an absolute blast, I had so much fun holding gaze during our blind KF run.

That said I'm actually not crazy about the Golgi CM but I understand why it's the way it is. I think Oryx CM is the coolest but that fight is such a tedious bore that there's nothing much to save it. Kinda like how Warpriest is so simple it'd be hard to have a challenging or interesting CM. CMs are always going to be extremely limited assuming they don't involve changing any mechanics.
Golgi is super cool and I love the CM. I like how it manages to be mechanically intriguing without requiring any actual skill. If you have two thumbs, Golg CM is super easy - no execution challenge. It's a pure teamwork exercise where success depends exclusively on coordination and communication.

Oryx is amazingly cool on paper but I've come to hate it because I keep running with people who can't stay alive. It's frustrating because I know they're embarrassed to keep causing wipes and they wish they were better but holy
Fuck. I still haven't cleared Oryx CM even a single time despite trying for hours across different teams. There's always a guy or two who can't do ______ without dying.

It sucks because Oryx is up there with Skolas for me as the best bosses in the game. But the very reason I like it - the fact that there's so much to keep track of - makes it a serious hassle to run with bad players (who appear to be the vast majority, on GAF and LFG and anywhere).

I mean I'm no pro. I can't solo that fight or run it wearing an Oryx mask or whatever the cool kids are doing now. But when a Fireteam averages 315 Light and people can't land two snipes on a Knight or can't stay alive in the shade it just makes me hate the encounter after the third wipe.

Thanks for the train Kadey and co. 5 exp and 10 exp away from Rank 5 on my characters. Too tired to continue and not a single class item in sight.

Lima

The reason that Oryx CM is dumb is the teleporting Ogre who fucks up the whole run. And it always is the last Ogre on the last phase ruining your whole run and all the good work you put in the three rounds before.

Trakan

The loot is supposed to get better as you rank up, not worse. You have more and more potential items to get as loot with each rank. SRL dropped shit like crazy, IB should be the same if not better as there's far more work involved.

It seems like IB also "replaces" regular crucible drops as I haven't seen any party crashers or other crucible weapons dropping like they did during HoW IB.

An overall shit experience. I'm also not convinced the RNG in this game is truly random. I think there are a lot of factors involved and things are weighted in certain ways. It's why stuff like the IB class items are dropping so rarely.

maomaoIYP

The loot is supposed to get better as you rank up, not worse. You have more and more potential items to get as loot with each rank. SRL dropped shit like crazy, IB should be the same if not better as there's far more work involved.

It seems like IB also "replaces" regular crucible drops as I haven't seen any party crashers or other crucible weapons dropping like they did during HoW IB.

An overall shit experience. I'm also not convinced the RNG in this game is truly random. I think there are a lot of factors involved and things are weighted in certain ways. It's why stuff like the IB class items are dropping so rarely.

I have about 5 to 6 hunter helmets dropped for me over the past week. I got about 3 to 4 of them while I was in last place.
I also got a god tier shotgun drop also while in last place.

If the pool of loot gets bigger as you level up doesn't that mean the chance of you getting what you want is reduced? Technically if you wanted to farm class items you should get to rank 3 and then never win a match again as the possible drop pool is smaller.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Every time someone talks about Shaxx I'm thinking of Shaq.

Kean is like the NBA player who averages 0 points per game, has a few rebounds but is a great motivation speaker and does all the after game interviews.

Trakan

If the pool of loot gets bigger as you level up doesn't that mean the chance of you getting what you want is reduced? Technically if you wanted to farm class items you should get to rank 3 and then never win a match again as the possible drop pool is smaller.

I'm saying I'm getting less as I rank up more when there are more potential things to get. I didn't get a helmet until rank 5, either. I haven't seen a shotgun drop at all.

Every time someone talks about Shaxx I'm thinking of Shaq.

Kean is like the NBA player who averages 0 points per game, has a few rebounds but is a great motivation speaker and does all the after game interviews.
Lol yo I can't go hard with these dudes around. Too many distractions

I'm saying I'm getting less as I rank up more when there are more potential things to get. I didn't get a helmet until rank 5, either. I haven't seen a shotgun drop at all.

But you aren't guaranteed more drops as you level? That doesn't change, you just get a chance at the higher ranked gear to drop.

the_id

Starting my night shift, first patient I see wears a trials of Osiris shirt with a finger injury. Gotta sort his finger out so he can get back to IB.

Anybody planning to do HM KF or just Golgi CM anytime soon? Anytime today would be okay but I could run it now if we could actually get a group (not holding my breath).

The reason that Oryx CM is dumb is the teleporting Ogre who fucks up the whole run. And it always is the last Ogre on the last phase ruining your whole run and all the good work you put in the three rounds before.

This is accurate. QFT.

Damn, I feel like I started some shit by calling those guys highly skilled lol. Most of you are probably leagues better than me, and I like to give credit where it is due. I've gotten better, but I am so envious of some of the sniping skills on display; I really need to play with some of you, maybe it will rub off on me.

Nah, you were just being nice which is always appreciated. Not your fault if other people take it too seriously.

T-0800

Have a friend who has never done a Raid before and we looking for 4 others to take us through the Vault. I've done it a few times but I wouldn't be a good guide.

Looking to do it in about 40 minutes. Any willing?

Don't suppose 5 others here would be down for a quick challenge mode Golgoroth only in about 10 minutes? Only have about 20-30minutes though so you'd need to know what to do, sorry to those newer to the thread. I have the CP(least I should do).

Anybody planning to do HM KF or just Golgi CM anytime soon? Anytime today would be okay but I could run it now if we could actually get a group (not holding my breath).

You running Grave's warlock? I can help if you need a 6th.

Have a friend who has never done a Raid before and we looking for 4 others to take us through the Vault. I've done it a few times but I wouldn't be a good guide.

Looking to do it in about 40 minutes. Any willing?

Yeah I don't mind, you'll need 3 more though. There was someone a pew pages back asking for a Vault of Glass run, so maybe check with them too?

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
Got Destiny over the Christmas break and I am really loving it, I can see this already taking up way too much of my time. Looking forward to getting involved with all you chaps and chapettes!

Top Bottom