• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

PSN back up? The app is working again..

lol

for the heck of it, i decided to use TLW in IB games to see how i do with it

20+ kills each match with primary XD

works really well with striker, rushing in and tap tap tap everything, hate the phantom bullets though, 1-2 bullets from the mag just disappears into thin air

that's when is swap to sidearm to finish the job :p

Lol feel the TLW pain. But you already have the mighty weapon called shoulder charge to your disposal ;)

Really hate this spread thing on Handcannons. Those third and fourth shot were cleary hits i think.

that looks like lag, you got hit by the other player and that made your next shots flinch, it just feels weird due to the delay..

but yes, hand cannons are still inaccurate from that range

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Really hate this spread thing on Handcannons. Those third and fourth shot were cleary hits i think.

Kapw9L8.gif

That seems about the right range to me for HC's to be missing. You're kinda far away...and those last two do look a little wide left.

Theorry

That seems about the right range to me for HC's to be missing. You're kinda far away...

Well its the First Curse and i hit those two headshots first. Maybe the third and fourth arent headshots altough the fourth is close but they should have been atleast and body shot. Meaning i would have killed him.

Lol feel the TLW pain. But you already have the mighty weapon called shoulder charge to your disposal ;)

Shoulder charge doesn't one shot a full health RAM warlock sadly :(

I've got 2 fun builds for 6v6 crucible now:

Gunslinger with Ahamkara's spine and max discipline, double knives.
Striker with Armamentarium and max discipline, shoulder charge.

Can't find a fun build with warlock, every build is just cheap.

Tri4

Kapw9L8.gif
That's pretty good for a gun that has no range. I always make my range as high as possible and I still sometimes miss mid range shots

Edit: oh that's the first curse? Okay yeah that's kinda bad

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
if you want to kill people in 2-3 shots from that range you get a scout rifle

4th looks rightfully like a total miss to me tho, not even due to spread

Ikkarus

That's why God invented the Peregrine Greaves. :)

Go forth and one shot them!

I managed to one shot a bubble titan whilst he was inside his bubble the other day. I was in bliss.

Decided that January is my month of finally getting good at trials. My plan is to only use snipers in crucible and play a ton of elimination all week. Not like there is anything else to do anyway. Just need some gaffers to help me this week.

Well its the First Curse and i hit those two headshots first. Maybe the third and fourth arent headshots altough the fourth is close but they should have been atleast and body shot. Meaning i would have killed him.

Oh shit that the FC? Hmm. What triggers the range buff? Any crit or a crit kill?

Yup close to my fun builds, except I would switch Armamentarium for Peregrine Greaves so that I can kick those Ramlocks ;)
That Inapp vid where he kicks a Ramlock and then kicks him again as he self revived. Perfection.

Theorry

if you want to kill people in 2-3 shots from that range you get a scout rifle

4th looks rightfully like a total miss to me tho, not even due to spread

If we are talking about any other handcannon i agree.
Third shot is clearly a bodyshot. Fourth i still think would have been a headshot with the 90 aim assist the First Curse has.

Oh shit that the FC? Hmm. What triggers the range buff? Any crit or a crit kill?

A kill. But wasnt even active this time yet. Also it gets a range buff just for even aiming down the sight.

Was doing awful in back to back IB matches, finally start doing great and... buffalo error

Now I can't get back in because of PSN. Ugh.

I guess I'll grind some Iron Banner tonight in hopes of getting the PS Exclusive cloak. So far, my drops have consisted of 2 Iron Shells, 4 Helmets & 5 Auto Rifles, 1 Class Item. That's not including the Rank 3 & 5 packages.

Just give it to me.

Decided that January is my month of finally getting good at trials. My plan is to only use snipers in crucible and play a ton of elimination all week. Not like there is anything else to do anyway. Just need some gaffers to help me this week.

I keep meaning to do this. I really need to learn how to sweep.

shermas

Why isn't there a section in the tower where I can go stand around and let people know I want to do the Nightfall? Or raid?

Instead of sending frantic messages to people as they run by (and, let's be honest, nobody is there trying to find a game), I could head down to the speaker area, or jukebox, or wherever and wait for 2 more people to show up.

All Bungie would have to do is call it the Nightfall lounge or whatever... If you see someone standing there, it means they want to play.

Sunsinger + Radiant Skin + Mida + Shotgun + Claws of Ahamkara + 300/300 Dis/Str + Firebolt-Touch of Flame-Viking Funeral

Flame shield-shotty all the things!

Like I said, fun. Not cheap :p

Generally can't make myself like that class for pvp.

That's why God invented the Peregrine Greaves. :)

Go forth and one shot them!

I managed to one shot a bubble titan whilst he was inside his bubble the other day. I was in bliss.

Yeah I know, but then I lose out on double lightning nades :/

Might try the Stand Asides today and see how they fare. I hate it when I'm chasing someone with shoulder charge and it runs out at the moment I'm about to connect.

Yup close to my fun builds, except I would switch Armamentarium for Peregrine Greaves so that I can kick those Ramlocks ;)
That Inapp vid where he kicks a Ramlock and then kicks him again as he self revived. Perfection.

Yeah that was awesome. I did a similar thing, only I fist of panicked the self res lock after shoulder charging it to death. That warlock thought it could self-res to pick up the heavy, I said nope.

Deku Tree

Why isn't there a section in the tower where I can go stand around and let people know I want to do the Nightfall? Or raid?

Instead of sending frantic messages to people as they run by (and, let's be honest, nobody is there trying to find a game), I could head down to the speaker area, or jukebox, or wherever and wait for 2 more people to show up.

All Bungie would have to do is call it the Nightfall lounge or whatever... If you see someone standing there, it means they want to play.

Because there are much better ways. Use this topic, the100.io, Reddit fireteams, destinyLFG.

E92 M3

If I ever open a night club, I will call it the Nightfall Lounge.

100%

ocean

Banned

Max Discipline
Voidfang
Firebolt + Viking Funeral + Touch of Flame
MIDA for that agile bunny float
Your favorite shotty

Sniper!? Rob, embrace the shotgun life.

Had a pretty amazing moment playing Trials on Friday with Trout. We had a lot of sweaty matches and finished our card less than we wanted. But we still wanted to get the gold Package. I swapped over to Defender w/ Invective. I had so much fun crashing into the enemy ranks, getting a shotgun kill, getting my overshield and then just wrecking people.

So the amazing moment was Trout sniped someone at C special, I sprinted up to the orb and there was a hunter there rezzing. I Invective the hunter, the rezzed Warlock sprints away and I reload instantly with Warmachine, then shotgun him too. Meanwhile another Hunter rezzes the first hunter and I run over and shotgun him, and so on.

I got 2 double kills in like 10 seconds as I just kept putting them down. I was laughing so hard that my 1.5 year old toddler playing on the floor beside me started laughing too.

Trout and his friend pushed up and helped me finally seal the deal.

Also, that run was my best Trials to date. Our card was very sweaty and we only got 5 wins, but my K/D was 1.4, when it's usually 1.0ish. And that includes Defender Shenanigans. I ran the Trials sniper with Hidden Hand, and that thing is nasty. :D

You dirty warlocks with your grenades and shotguns...you should be ashamed of yourselves. ;P

I don't even like shotguns honestly. I just love slapping the stuffing out of people with that Warlock melee. The best was the Defender who popped his bubble in Trials then I smacked him 4-5x and knocked him out. So silly.

You get a slap! And you get a slap! And you get a slap-slap-slap!

ocean

Banned
I don't even like shotguns honestly. I just love slapping the stuffing out of people with that Warlock melee. The best was the Defender who popped his bubble in Trials then I smacked him 4-5x and knocked him out. So silly.

You get a slap! And you get a slap! And you get a slap-slap-slap!
Warlock hands are the bestest.

Falifax

I wish Bungie gave us two options for Iron Banner, Control/Clash and Rumble. Twelve players on a map feels too crowded for me and insanely chaotic.

Give me a solo IB playlist and I'll play till my goddamn eyes bleed.

Gammacide

So far what, ONE gaffer has gotten the exclusive hunter cloak? Anyone else actually get one?? I saw one on an enemy in this whole banner and saw none drop. I don't expect any to drop now that my hunter is rank 5. Nothing drops now. :(

Spin foil hat time. When you have to join the high end game content without matchmaking, you are forced to get other people to play with you. The game won't find these people, you have to. This means people will try to get their friends to buy the game to play with them.

Kapw9L8.gif

pretty much why I use assault rifles over hand cannons

Other than being right in optimal Last Word range, nearly every hand cannon just barely edges over AR's in TTK, and yet are ridiculously less reliable in terms of hit registration as well as magazine size.

So far what, ONE gaffer has gotten the exclusive hunter cloak? Anyone else actually get one?? I saw one on an enemy in this whole banner and saw none drop. I don't expect any to drop now that my hunter is rank 5. Nothing drops now. :(

Three afaik.

Don't believe I have seen a single player in IB wearing the PS cloak.

Try being bottom 3 on the losing team, better chance of getting a drop.

So I got the D is for Destiny: An Early Adventure Book today over lunch and "read" it with my toddler. Really happy with it and I gotta say, the store page does not do it justice. Gonna share a few pages to encourage y'all to pick it up if you have a little guardian at home.

CX5cYMSWQAAfyls.jpg

CX5cZGfWwAEQVdg.jpg

The art is all great (I love the Vex Goblin drinking a juicebox) as are the rhymes. I thought it was going to be something banal like "T is for Titan" and that's it on a single page. Nope. They do a nice job of weaving in the lore, while also emphasizing some of themes of adventure, bravery and that your mom and dad are there for you.

Trakan

Three afaik.

I've seen 3 randoms wearing it, which gives me hope if I can actually play the game at all today.

Three afaik.

I've seen one random with it.

But, everyone knows, Cloak of Taniks is best Hunter cloak.

#WarlockMasterRace

Gammacide

Three afaik.

I'll definitely try that losing method tonight, but I'm not feeling lucky. Maybe this'll help. I would love to hear what the actual drop rate has been overall this IB though. I would not doubt the proverbial 0.04%.

WeTeHa

Is there a guaranteed way to get the last word? I don't really like handcannons, but the Jolly Holliday quest I can't complete because I don't have TLW kind of annoys me.

Top Bottom