• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Frenden

Banned
IB drops are terribad.
PSN drops more often than the Camelot cloak.

226_1.gif

Namikaze1

They should just straight up sell them via Saladin next IB. Or fix the drop rate. Can't believe we have to wait a couple more weeks for the first BWU of the year.
-__-

A reminder to log in sometime this week starting on Thursday till Sunday to be eligible for an exclusive emblem and to get your 15 Strange Coins and 15 Motes of Light.

Rank 3 package from IB is basically worthless at this point. Should just add guaranteed class item from rank 3 reward. Makes zero sense not having the class item for sale every week when it's required for that rep buff. You can sell the shader and emblems each IB, why not the class item?

Rank 3 - 310 legendary artifact, 300+ class item.
Rank 5 - 310 ghost, 310+ random gear.
Saladin inventory: Two pieces of rotating armor pieces (no class item) and two weapons, unlocked for purchase at different ranks.

Playlist drops only IB gear, remove regular legendary engrams.

Everyone will be happy. Why is it so hard to implement?

Hey hey hey it wasn't worthless for me ok? I finally got my int/disc artifact for my hunter. Its blue but whatever it'll have to do.

But the drops from IB matches were waaay worse for me this time around. Last IB i actually got stuff.

Rank 3 package from IB is basically worthless at this point. Should just add guaranteed class item from rank 3 reward. Makes zero sense not having the class item for sale every week when it's required for that rep buff. You can sell the shader and emblems each IB, why not the class item?

Rank 3 - 310 legendary artifact, 300+ class item.
Rank 5 - 310 ghost, 310+ random gear.
Saladin inventory: Two pieces of rotating armor pieces (no class item) and two weapons, unlocked for purchase at different ranks.

Playlist drops only IB gear, remove regular legendary engrams.

Everyone will be happy. Why is it so hard to implement?

How about giving the shotgun a decent roll?

PR: god roll
Sidearm: god roll
AR: near god roll
Shotgun: shit roll

Why does Bungie hate shotguns so much?

LTWood12

The FFXIV thread over on the gaming side a/b end of an era is really interesting. Had no idea that's how the original game went down. Got me thinking about what it'll be like when Destiny finally ends. Whether it's the ACTUAL end or just the end of an era, it would be really cool to have a moment like this where everyone of us is online out in the world witnessing something.

Deku Tree

The IB AR doesn't even need a stability perk. I am using mine unupgraded and I am able to pin the sight on my foes pretty easily.

Oh and I'm done.

That Inapp vid where he kicks a Ramlock and then kicks him again as he self revived. Perfection.

It was great, moments like that though are too few and far between though to make it worth continuing.

I'm going to miss out on an exclusive emblem and some motes/coins. Oh well, shit happens.

deviant1

Damn PSN! I'll be pissed if I can't get my Warlock up to Rank 5 today. Only need to do the daily bounties and I'll be done.

Namikaze1

The FFXIV thread over on the gaming side a/b end of an era is really interesting. Had no idea that's how the original game went down. Got me thinking about what it'll be like when Destiny finally ends. Whether it's the ACTUAL end or just the end of an era, it would be really cool to have a moment like this where everyone of us is online out in the world witnessing something.
Destiny 1 should end with the Cabal Empire invading and successfully taking over the Last City. TTK blatantly states the Empire is on its way to our solar system. Shit's gonna go down. End D1 with a full on invasion. The Cabal will do what the Taken and the Fallen before them could not.

Bow down to your new turtle overlords!

todd360

Destiny 1 should end with the Cabal Empire invading and successfully taking over the Last City. TTK blatantly states the Empire is on its way to our solar system. Shit's gonna go down. End D1 with a full on invasion. The Cabal will do what the Taken and the Fallen before them could not.

We all really have a fetish for the last city getting fucked up.

Dave_6

So PSN is still down? Damn, it better come back up before late tonight. I still need to go buy the IB Titan helmet since the damn thing won't drop for me :(

Namikaze1

I'm not joking. I want that to happen. The Guardians loses Mars completely and the Last City is now under Cabal's control.

Destiny 2 starts off with what's left of the Vanguard (cause you know, many will die during the invasion) trying to recapture the Last City.

They send you to Fallen controlled areas around the Last City. These are strategic points that will help out with retaking the city. You'll have to deal with the full might of the House of Kings who are now out in the open due to the Cabal threat.

LTWood12

I'm not joking. I want that to happen. The Guardians loses Mars completely and the Last City is now under Cabal's control.

Destiny 2 starts off with what's left of the Vanguard (cause you know, many will die during the invasion) trying to recapture the Last City.

They send you to Fallen controlled areas around the Last City. These are strategic points that will help out with retaking the city. You'll have to deal with the full might of the House of Kings who are now out in the open due to the Cabal threat.

That would be incredible.

Frenden

Banned
Cabal threat so big that it convinces some Fallen to side with Variks, the reef, the tower, and the guardians. Fallen playable race confirmed.

(I want to play as a fallen in Destiny 2 so badly.)

todd360

That would be cool, but I can't imagine them pulling a "take back the city" campaign until closer to the end of destiny. How badly can we get fucked up and still have the lore work anyways? Would shaxx still be able to keep the crucible running? If we retreat to a different planet I can see it working. Like say we set up shop on Saturn or something. We just wouldn't have the old maps since we lost the territory. Then again if this takes place in a new destiny game we wouldn't have the old maps anyways. Perhaps a cabal take over dlc ends with us losing the city and the game ends there until destiny 2, where we see the outcome of our largest loss in recent history. We just can't get fucked up too badly or nothing makes sense. I suppose we could lose a bunch of guardians. We really don't know how many we have. Every single one of our toons counting doesn't really work in the lore. Millions of guardians would have rolfstomped the entirety of the darkness. We don't really even know how much we have to lose unless the end cutscene with the speaker showed every available guardian in the tower.

Namikaze1

Alright, continuing on this Cabal thing, Mars' space is heavily guarded. You thought getting aboard the Dreadnaught was hard? Yeah, this shit is impossible.

Luckily, you have an ally who had crash landed on to Mars before the invasion. An ally many of you hate. An ally you would rather forget about. An ally who I want to Gjallarhorn'ed the fuck out of.

Yeah, it's the Douche.

He helps you out (only so that he can get the hell out of Dodge) in getting through the space fleet.

todd360

I wonder when the Speaker will finally come out as evil.

He removes the mask and his face is either modeled after deej or bobby kotick. Imagine if he looked like deej. Biggest surprise in the history of forever.

That is why deej is a dead orbit fanboy. He wants us to leave so the darkness can stroll in and do whatever to the traveler. It makes his job much easier.

He removes the mask and his face is either modeled after deej or bobby kotick. Imagine if he looked like deej. Biggest surprise in the history of forever.
The face of Deej would explain why he has plenty of time to tell you about all the things he's not going to actually tell you about in any useful detail.

Its hard to even imagine the cabal being a legitimate threat. They just seem like a joke most of the time.

I want the Cabal to be this huge vehicular threat.

I want to see double tanks like the double Scarab fight in Halo 3. I want to see Psions in Interceptors.

Cabal just seem to really have the vehicle stuff down, and I want them to explore the shit out of it.

todd360

The face of Deej would explain why he has plenty of time to tell you about all the things he's not going to actually tell you about in any useful detail.

I'm just imaging deej doing the motion capture for the speaker and laughing. "My real name, guardian, is deej. guardian: uh ok. player: WTF ASFKG:EARRGN
P:{"eb

Trakan

Can we skip the Cabal and get a proper Fallen raid?

The Cabal are the worst enemies in the game. Obnoxious amounts of health, annoying phalanx shields that block bullets or physics you, and tanks that one shot you.

Top Bottom