• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

I've seen 3 randoms wearing it, which gives me hope if I can actually play the game at all today.

Don't forget that IB usually ends an hour earlier than the weekly reset.

I've seen one random with it.

But, everyone knows, Cloak of Taniks is best Hunter cloak.

#WarlockMasterRace

Taniks cloak is just all round bad ass and goes with every armor.

Chain main is unique and love how the light shines off the hood.

Now I'm feeling stupid having infused the void psion cloak to 320, should have saved it for either Taniks or Camelot.

I'll definitely try that losing method tonight, but I'm not feeling lucky. Maybe this'll help. I would love to hear what the actual drop rate has been overall this IB though. I would not doubt the proverbial 0.04%.

I just don't understand how they can fuck up the drop rates this bad. Feels even worse coming from the generous drops of SRL.

Best explanation I've seen for the shitty drop rate on higher IB rank (from reddit):

"My best guess is that when you reach a certain rank (4 maybe? That's what I was at when the rate fell through the floor), the loot-drop algorithm calls the OLD IB number generator instead of the new one they implemented in November."

Best explanation I've seen for the shitty drop rate on higher IB rank (from reddit):

"My best guess is that when you reach a certain rank (4 maybe? That's what I was at when the rate fell through the floor), the loot-drop algorithm calls the OLD IB number generator instead of the new one they implemented in November."

That didn't happen in the last IB though.

Ever since I hit rank 5, all I'm getting are ghosts, when game does decide to give me an IB drop. Like once in a dozen games.

Is there a guaranteed way to get the last word? I don't really like handcannons, but the Jolly Holliday quest I can't complete because I don't have TLW kind of annoys me.

Guaranteed, no. You could get lucky with a primary exotic engram, try running vault, crota and prison of elders for a year 1 TLW drop that will unlock year 2 version in the kiosk, or buy primary weapon legacy engrams off Xur when he has them.

Gammacide

Now I'm feeling stupid having infused the void psion cloak to 320, should have saved it for either Taniks or Camelot.

I just don't understand how they can fuck up the drop rates this bad. Feels even worse coming from the generous drops of SRL.
My Taniks cloak is up to 316 thanks to SRL. My titan IB helm is 316 thanks to SRL. I got a 320 titan IB chest from his rank 5 package, but that's essentially it.

Is there any way for characters created after the Taken King launched to get the Limited Edition rewards? They removed the vendor where you used to pick them up.

Thats less stupid than my infusing the dead orbit exotic mark up to 320, then immediately switching to future war cult to work on that exotic mark...only to find out you have to be dead orbit to wear it.

Did that on a wednsday afternoon to boot...

Hey guys, I'm a new player. I just got a PS4 a month ago. I have two 40's (Warlock/Titan) and a 31 Hunter. My question is, what am I supposed to be doing once I hit 40 with all my characters? My light level (or whatever it's called) isn't high enough to do raids. Do I just keep doing crucible on all my guys to farm legendary marks?

Is there any way for characters created after the Taken King launched to get the Limited Edition rewards? They removed the vendor where you used to pick them up.

All that stuff should now be inside the respective kiosks in the tower i think? The Frontier Ghost shell might be with the Speaker.

Hey guys, I'm a new player. I just got a PS4 a month ago. I have two 40's (Warlock/Titan) and a 31 Hunter. My question is, what am I supposed to be doing once I hit 40 with all my characters? My light level (or whatever it's called) isn't high enough to do raids. Do I just keep doing crucible on all my guys to farm legendary marks?
Can also do dailies for marks, nightfalls weekly, and strikes for gear, until you can raid.

Raven117

Welcome! Just keep running the hardest difficulty strikes you can...keep leveling up your Vanguard Faction to 3. Keep doing the daily.

The gradual climb level 40 to light level about 290 will be fairly easy. Its after that that things turn to sheet.

Do the weekly heroic strikes for marks and engrams.
Do the Nightfall for a chance at a high level legendary or exotic.
Buy an exotic from Xur on Friday. They're 280. If he's selling an engram that'll decrypt to 290.
Do the daily heroic mission and the daily crucible match.

That's your progression loop to get you up to 290ish light.

shenze

Banned
My son got the hunter cloak yesterday while being 1st on the leaderboard. That's the only one I've seen drop all week.

Thats less stupid than my infusing the dead orbit exotic mark up to 320, then immediately switching to future war cult to work on that exotic mark...only to find out you have to be dead orbit to wear it.

lol

I get it that you need to be aligned with a faction to wear their exotic cloaks, but what's the point if you can only get the quest at rank 25 and need to align with a different faction to rank them up?

Bonus 10% rep is barely worth it to keep on the same faction, unless you have all 3 beyond 25 :/

What is your light level?

200-240, run vanguard strikes, court of oryx tier 1, daily story.
If you're in the 250 range, do heroic strikes and court of oryx tier 2.
270+ do the nightfalls, till you're around 290 and can attempt the raid.

Play iron banner if you like crucible (though only 12 hours left to reset), it can drop 280+ gear, and you can also buy 280 boots and helmets from saladin.

Do the weekly heroic strikes for marks and engrams.
Do the Nightfall for a chance at a high level legendary or exotic.
Buy an exotic from Xur on Friday. They're 280. If he's selling an engram that'll decrypt to 290.
Do the daily heroic mission and the daily crucible match.

That's your progression loop to get you up to 290ish light.

Don't forget to do Iron Banner when it comes back around in a month. Events like Iron Banner and SRL Racing (assuming SRL comes back and wasn't a one time thing) are great ways to boost your light level with their 300-320 drops.

drkOne

I just kept doing the lv36 Strikes for Engrams until I got to 292 Light.
Did Court of Oryx quest for the 300 Artifact.
Got a 317 Chest, 310 Ghost and 308 Helm getting Iron Banner to rank 5.

I'm currently at 301 Light will that stuff.
I could also finish my Exotic Sword quest for a 310 Heavy too.

Going from 290 to 300 without doing the Raid is pretty slow, but there's a few things you can do to upgrade faster.

Thanks for the info guys. One more question.

Once I'm able to raid, do I need to be in a guild? I'm a former WoW player, so apologies for using the word guild, but hopefully you guys get what I mean. If not, do I have to do it with people on my friends list, or does it group you with random people?

Once I'm able to raid, do I need to be in a guild? I'm a former WoW player, so apologies for using the word guild, but hopefully you guys get what I mean. If not, do I have to do it with people on my friends list, or does it group you with random people?

There is no matchmaking for the raid you have to have a premade group however you can get in on random raids here on gaf or try https://www.reddit.com/r/fireteams/new .

You can join a clan if you like but it's mostly just a namesake. There is no matchmaking for raids, so you will need to organise a team before you can raid.

You'll be able to find a group here, on reddit, destiny lfg etc. Activity is low these days so might take some effort finding a group for normal raid, since most just run hard raid from checkpoints or just the weekly challenge modes.

Tuesday reset is usually the best time to find a group for the raid. Hawkian runs newbie raids from time to time, so check with him when the next one is scheduled.

You don't need to be in a guild (or clan, as most in Destiny refer to them). There isn't any matchmaking though, so you'll have to find people. Quite often you'll see people posting in this thread looking for more to run raids. I think Hawkian still runs formal newbie raids every once in a while too.

LTWood12

Wow that's terrible, and totally something I would do.

Deku Tree

Played over 25 IB matches today using the
DJ
method
( sorry DJ :p )
. Got two non exclusive class items and one ghost. Saw two ships drop for other people. Wow the drop rates are very bad.

Hm okay, they are pretty expensive though, maybe I'll try the PoE route Death suggested . Can TLW drop from regular year 2 primary exotic engrams?

yes

don't buy primary legacy engrams, better to just farm the raid exotic chest and three of coins for a last word

Sh0k

So far what, ONE gaffer has gotten the exclusive hunter cloak? Anyone else actually get one?? I saw one on an enemy in this whole banner and saw none drop. I don't expect any to drop now that my hunter is rank 5. Nothing drops now. :(

Is the exclusive cloak the Iron Camelot? I got one dropped at rank 4, defense was 305. I'm rank 5 at the moment, haven't got a single decent drop since.

Kaiken

Banned
How many of you cats still need to have Raiding Party/Flawless Raider completed? I'm looking to knock both of these out this week.

NastyBook

I'm debating on whether to buy it or not on the PS4. I got a treads with Triple Tap, perfect balance and firefly. You actually feel like your firing something unlike the Hung Jury.

Capture.png
Two dookie rolls for this thing, so far. Very disappointed.

So I want to make a short Destiny parody video and need 2-3 people to help me out. Would just need like 1-2 two matches of Crucible to get the footage and need folks to upload footage to youtube so I can grab it to edit.

Anyone interested? It involves Defenders if that intrigues you at all.

I'm thinking sometime this weekend.

Feorax

I hope PSN is back up for reset tomorrow. Gonna be shit-tastic if we can't get on to carry over Oryx CP for challenge mode.

Rank 3 package from IB is basically worthless at this point. Should just add guaranteed class item from rank 3 reward. Makes zero sense not having the class item for sale every week when it's required for that rep buff. You can sell the shader and emblems each IB, why not the class item?

Rank 3 - 310 legendary artifact, 300+ class item.
Rank 5 - 310 ghost, 310+ random gear.
Saladin inventory: Two pieces of rotating armor pieces (no class item) and two weapons, unlocked for purchase at different ranks.

Playlist drops only IB gear, remove regular legendary engrams.

Everyone will be happy. Why is it so hard to implement?

Shiv47

No idea if anyone out there is also interested in this, but what the hey - I have only a couple trophies left for the platinum, and one of them is the capture 20 relics in Salvage or whatever it is. I've played a handful of games with randoms and gotten one relic. Does anyone else out there need this trophy also and want to team up? Or do you enjoy Salvage and want to help? Worse case, I slog through it with randoms, but it would be presumably be much more enjoyable with fellow Gaffers.

Top Bottom