• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Can we skip the Cabal and get a proper Fallen raid?

The Cabal are the worst enemies in the game. Obnoxious amounts of health, annoying phalanx shields that block bullets or physics you, and tanks that one shot you.

Hmm. Phalnxes and shielded centurions or endless waves of stealth vandals.

I cant decide which i would loathe more. Tehe

Namikaze1

They're a highly militarized force. Cabal would fuck shit up if the Empire was in the solar system. Would be hilarious (and awesome) if the Cabal Empire killed off the Cabal on Mars for being cowards. The Cabal on Mars were the ones to have ran from Oryx and if I recall correctly, some of them oppose the Empire. Need to go back and read up the post I made on them.

LTWood12

I want Vex simulations of Guardians. Final raid encounter against six doppelgänger guardians that dynamically (that part probably isn't realistic) mirror your fireteam.

Just like Oryx fought a simulation of himself.

Can we skip the Cabal and get a proper Fallen raid?

The Cabal are the worst enemies in the game. Obnoxious amounts of health, annoying phalanx shields that block bullets or physics you, and tanks that one shot you.
I don't know about the canal being the worse but yeah man. We never got a fallen raid. We need that.

Frenden

Banned
I guess we kinda-sorta got our Fallen raid with PoE.

One good thing about a Cabal raid is no bullshit vandals with wire rifles or hobgoblins.

D_psipher

Destiny 1 should end with the Cabal Empire invading and successfully taking over the Last City. TTK blatantly states the Empire is on its way to our solar system. Shit's gonna go down. End D1 with a full on invasion. The Cabal will do what the Taken and the Fallen before them could not.

Bow down to your new turtle overlords!

I have been saying for a while that there needs to be a public event where the tower gets invaded and the people who are there need to repel it. Then you can have emergency vendor area for people who don't want to participate. It just makes no sense why none of the races have tried to hit the tower.

todd360

I have been saying for a while that there needs to be a public event where the tower gets invaded and the people who are there need to repel it. Then you can have emergency vendor area for people who don't want to participate. It just makes no sense why none of the races have tried to hit the tower.

Traveler magic protects the entire last city and the titans built walls because they were bored one day.

They're a highly militarized force. Cabal would fuck shit up if the Empire was in the solar system. Would be hilarious (and awesome) if the Cabal Empire killed off the Cabal on Mars for being cowards. The Cabal on Mars were the ones to have ran from Oryx and if I recall correctly, some of them oppose the Empire. Need to go back and read up the post I made on them.

From the Grimoire:
There is a vast Empire behind these creatures, many star systems away. Some pledge allegiance to that far Empire, obeying their ancient marching orders. Some do not. They disagree among themselves about the answers. I wish arguing Cabal on no one. They slam their plated bodies into each other with horrendous roars. Intelligence gathering has never been so painful.

There's also some hope that a Cabal-centric DLC could be in our future.
Our assaults on Cabal leadership in-system has had a devastating impact. The Skyburner's Primus, his bond-brothers, Valus Ta'aurc, Valus Trau'ug, Primus Sha'aull, and a smattering of lesser Vals and Bracuses... all dead or on the run, all thanks to us.

In short, I believe your supposition is correct. The Empire will have no choice but to respond.

They've set the stage, so I hope they follow through with it before Destiny 2.

Namikaze1

The Cabal on Mars were the ones to have ran from Oryx and if I recall correctly, some of them oppose the Empire.

Found my old post.

So the Cabal on Mars not only ran from Oryx, but they're all deserters of the Empire.

The Cabal on the Dreadnaught though are not. They still follow the Empire and whatnot. This group gets completely decimated by Hive, Taken, and we finish off what's left of them after they send a distress message to the greater empire. (this part is not in that post since I made it before Taken King released)

Just got home. PSN still down? I might just watch AGDQ tonight instead of Destiny.

Edit: So now it's just maintenance huh? Oh well. No IB ship for me then.

Edit 2: PSN could be down till the 7th!? Mah Reset day tho...

D_psipher

Traveler magic protects the entire last city and the titans built walls because they were bored one day.

It is a cool idea that could be explained somehow, like Oryx's assault on the our system weakened the travelers magic and it weakens every so often and the invasion happens. I don't k nm ow. It would just be a cool event.

Namikaze1

Found them. Just need to click on the banner to see the post. Doesn't work on mobile though.

Don't ask why the Taken's banner is bigger. Can't find the one I used that was similar in size to the others.

Edit: gonna have to update the non-Taken entries since I didn't include the post-TTK stuff. I did them before the expansion came out. Though it'll have to be new posts since I don't think I can edit them still. If the thread is locked, I'm shit out of luck. If not, I can still edit them though mods will find it weird.

Agent

Well, I suppose my chance of getting my final Golgoroth CM kill is toast for the week; rather annoying. Also wanted to play Iron Banner to get a cloak that will never drop.

Namikaze1

The 7th? WHAT!

WTF. Where did you read that, Ape?!

Someone provided a screenshot in the PSN down thread that it will be down until the 7th. Others are saying that's not true now. I certainly hope not.

Edit: Here's the post http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=191242328&postcount=613

Before anyone jumps the gun:

As I suspected, the GB site is now showing
"4th January 2016 from 4:30pm to 5:30pm GMT"
instead

CLBridges

PSN down huh? Guess I needed a break from getting owned in IB lol. Although, I do hope it's back up before reset, did wanna try to get a few more items and maybe the IB ship.

PSN down, huh? And here I was going to play Destiny and actually try to get my IB rank up. Well, back to killing gigantic bugs and robots for me!

Doesn't show up on the US site either.

Shows up as a pop up/notification on the US mobile site.

Shiiiet, this outage is the worst. At least I got to IB rank 5 on my Hunter last night.

Guess I can use the free time to check out this One Punch Man anime everyone seems to like. Or maybe go back to Fallout 4. Hmm.

Thanks for clearing that up Nami.

Sorry again about the confusion!

That January 7 thing was an error. Sony would have announced if PSN was going to be down for a few days by now.

7th confirmed. Back to panicking!

7th is unlikely but it does say down till 9am GMT on the 5th now.

Different dates for different people.

A1AUbbA.jpg

Namikaze1

Shows up as a pop up/notification on the US mobile site.

Shiiiet, this outage is the worst. At least I got to IB rank 5 on my Hunter last night.

Guess I can use the free time to check out this One Punch Man anime everyone seems to like. Or maybe go back to Fallout 4. Hmm.
Not showing up for me and I'm on mobile. Went and checked the other site and got the "4th to 5th" message some have been seeing instead of "4th to 7th".

Took a little over an hour to get my 6th and last golgy challenge done. When 1-2 people continuously die it's rough. Or when 1 person can't Stormcall fast enough to clear ads. Had to switch to single dps so people wouldn't die. First time doing on single dps.

Next week, I'll probably just get 1 Oryx challenge done on each system. I have too many bad memories of failing the last Oryx cm. First time doing 6x challenge so that's cool. Along with 3x rank 5 IB.

Left on my plate:
1x rank 5 IB or more
Flawless on each (taking my nephew on Xbox for his first ever, more importantly)
Oryx on each.

Don't remember who it was but check homeboy running into the opponents bubble lol and check the score. It would have been game over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loQ_LNzqRQ8

I was there for that one that was so funny. I think it was ID running into it and then all I remember you yelling lmao. Good stuff

Edit: you should post that video of that storm caller warlock entering the bubble and then dying a second later lol.

the_id

Don't remember who else was in this match with me besides LT but I was like "why would you waste your tether here"? lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONz8RXiX3co

The result...

That's me. Lol and it was a lucky one too!

Don't remember who it was but check homeboy running into the opponents bubble lol and check the score. It would have been game over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loQ_LNzqRQ8

And that's me as well!!! Such a dumb moment.

Top Bottom