• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Tubtub

Neo Member
Other group fell apart due to all 300 to 308s...Anyone want to do hm challenge oryx psn? We have the cp

Edit full party

Being 30? Proposal and kids talk? Todd is in the thread again but not talking about taking dudes to shock city? I go AFK for one day...

I will be looking for trials tomorrow. Ape drank too much and ate too many delicious cookies. RIP me tonight.

Lnkn52

That last page. Boy, never taking dating advice from Todd.

BTW I love JJs Star Wars, thank you for bringing us back home.

Anyone want to run a trials card? It's me and my friend. He's kind of low level and has never played trials. We aren't going for flawless, just knocking out bounties and maybe getting 5 wins.

Psn : Subtervotion

Namikaze1

Being 30? Proposal and kids talk? Todd is in the thread again but not talking about taking dudes to shock city? I go AFK for one day...

I will be looking for trials tomorrow. Ape drank too much and ate too many delicious cookies. RIP me tonight.
I still need to finish the gold package bounty on my hunter and Titan. Need 2 matches on my Titan and I think 3 on my hunter.

GhaleonEB

A modest proposal:

Instead of removing the elemental damage from primary weapons because elemental primaries were too over powered / desirable than non-elemental primaries, just make all legendary and exotic primaries elemental.

A modest proposal:

Instead of removing the elemental damage from primary weapons because elemental primaries were too over powered / desirable than non-elemental primaries, just make all legendary and exotic primaries elemental.

And give the elements special affects that would give them value over just being able to knock down shields.

IE Arc chains, Fire burns, Void.....causes bodies to blow up and create a gravity vortex. Or something!

Benefits-
1.Collecting various Exotics(Or Legendaries) with varying effects is encouraged depending on your playstyle
2.Possible gameplay modifiers can be provided by subclass trees to benefit their elements
3.Replayability is increased due to reason 1(A good thing)
4.Opens up avenues of gameplay
5.It'd be fun
6.If all legendaries have an element, there's none of that 'Oh they were too OP because of elements' rhetoric spewed earlier from developers

deadduck

A modest proposal:

It's not just that it makes them desirable over other primarys, it means secondary and heavy is hardly needed making all of them less desirable apart from the OP or situation ones.

I like the idea used on the susanno, that a weapon can receive your subclass power. Require supers to power it.

inthrall

And give the elements special affects that would give them value over just being able to knock down shields.

IE Arc chains, Fire burns, Void.....causes bodies to blow up and create a gravity vortex. Or something!

Benefits-
1.Collecting various Exotics(Or Legendaries) with varying effects is encouraged depending on your playstyle
2.Possible gameplay modifiers can be provided by subclass trees to benefit their elements
5.It'd be fun
6.If all legendaries have an element, there's none of that 'Oh they were too OP because of elements' rhetoric spewed earlier from developers
Only thing I like about giving all legendaries is that a gun either has one element or random element. If it has one element, is has a 67% chance of being "terrible", and if its random you're more of a slave to RNG. Also, not having a matching element felt like you did less damage for no reason.

Adding the other effects you suggested mitigates this slightly, but they all need to work on bosses equally or one becomes the best element and you ignore the others entirely

A modest proposal:

OR at least have 1 elemental primary exotic each. Not sure why there is only 1 elemental primary, and it's arc.

Mindlog

A modest proposal:

Modester proposition.
Exotic Ghosts or Artifacts should apply elemental damage. This avoids the problem of one or two weapons dominating PvE meta while making special ghost/artifact drops MUCH more sought after.

Finally at the point where I win most of my SRL races. I can even die once or twice and pull it off. Closing in on 4:05 Venus/4:25 Mars.

Only turns giving me trouble.
The last straight away on Venus before the portal. Have to thread the needle to nail that kink.
The very large tight turn on Mars after the first small gap. Sometimes I use three side steps sometimes two. I am still crapshooting my way through the turn and I know it's where I'm losing the most time.

Overall I'm now in the position to use far fewer side steps per map if I choose to do so. 99% sure I could do just as well without a trick sparrow. The only time I run low on boost is when I use three on the first Mars turn, three on the first Venus turn or when bump correcting.

GhaleonEB

It's not just that it makes them desirable over other primarys, it means secondary and heavy is hardly needed making all of them less desirable apart from the OP or situation ones.

I like the idea used on the susanno, that a weapon can receive your subclass power. Require supers to power it.

Benefits-
5.It'd be fun

Modester proposition.
Exotic Ghosts or Artifacts should apply elemental damage. This avoids the problem of one or two weapons dominating PvE meta while making special ghost/artifact drops MUCH more sought after.

All great ideas. And much better than identifying a set of weapons and being superior to others, and then nerfing them all rather than making them interesting or excellent.

Not sure why this really bothered me today. Maybe because I just soloed the Nightfall and got 20 coins for it. :\

All great ideas. And much better than identifying a set of weapons and being superior to others, and then nerfing them all rather than making them interesting or excellent.

Not sure why this really bothered me today. Maybe because I just soloed the Nightfall and got 20 coins for it. :

Better than the 10 shells i got from the last nightfalls and crucible weeklies i bothered to do.

Need 1 more then, anyone? I'll send party invites now.

Mic charging atm.

Not sure why this really bothered me today. Maybe because I just soloed the Nightfall and got 20 coins for it. :\

Join us for a normal raid Ghaleon?

Trakan

One of the good things that came with the smaller DLC expansions was changes like this, and I don't see a big change like this happening until Destiny 2.

Only thing I like about giving all legendaries is that a gun either has one element or random element. If it has one element, is has a 67% chance of being "terrible", and if its random you're more of a slave to RNG. Also, not having a matching element felt like you did less damage for no reason.

Adding the other effects you suggested mitigates this slightly, but they all need to work on bosses equally or one becomes the best element and you ignore the others entirely

They can definitely be made equal with some proper balancing. And it would be alright if some elements were better in certain situations than other, again it's encouraging the replayability. Like...right now Snipers are king. In the raid, snipers are king. You could argue that Sniper Rifles are unbalanced in this regard. The elements being slightly different is fine in this regard.

I dunno, I want there to be facets that increase the RNG and variability in loot. Make this game fun to play consistently, to increase a players 'investment' in their character. Like if I wanted to go down the path of a Void Titan and specialize in that with gear that really helps out, that'd be great.

Trakan

They can definitely be made equal with some proper balancing. And it would be alright if some elements were better in certain situations than other, again it's encouraging the replayability. Like...right now Snipers are king. In the raid, snipers are king. You could argue that Sniper Rifles are unbalanced in this regard. The elements being slightly different is fine in this regard.

I dunno, I want there to be facets that increase the RNG and variability in loot. Make this game fun to play consistently, to increase a players 'investment' in their character. Like if I wanted to go down the path of a Void Titan and specialize in that with gear that really helps out, that'd be great.

The raid is designed that way though. I'd love to see Bungie defeat Warpriest/Golgoroth/Daughters with fusion rifles instead of snipers. (No SS either.)

FirewalkR

Regarding elemental primaries and their advantage over Kinetic, I was thinking along the same lines as Ghaleon earlier today, but yet another alternative would be to have kinetic weapons be stronger than elemental, for PvE at least. As it is, elemental primaries are just as strong, same stats etc AND, of course, they have elemental damage.

The raid is designed that way though. I'd love to see Bungie defeat Warpriest/Golgoroth/Daughters with fusion rifles instead of snipers. (No SS either.)

Sigh. That's a huge problem IMO. Instead of designing a raid where ingenuity is key, they resort to 'This boss is a hot potato, don't touch him!' ._. I'd like to have to duel Warpriest, or to mount Golgoroth and shoot his juicy bits in an epic style.

Top Bottom