• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

milkham

Sigh. That's a huge problem IMO. Instead of designing a raid where ingenuity is key, they resort to 'This boss is a hot potato, don't touch him!' ._. I'd like to have to duel Warpriest, or to mount Golgoroth and shoot his juicy bits in an epic style.

pvp raid, 6 man fireteam vs 6 man fireteam for final phase of loot!

pvp raid, 6 man fireteam vs 6 man fireteam for final phase of loot!

I would be down for that! I've actually designed a raid that ends with you fighting a fire team of sorts. I mean.....I have a little bit too much time, but it would be a freaking awesome fight.

One of the cool points of that raid is that each member has a unique Exotic ghost to drop-If you equip that ghost, during that fight with the opposing fireteam, you can hear their 'thoughts' spoken to you through the ghost.(Those thoughts changing depending on which ghost you have, and only you can hear them.)

I mean...theres more to it than that. But that's my design to keep until Luke goes 'BREEZY WE NEED YOUR CREATIVITY' and then they hire me as the new co-lead for their raid...

Hm oryx cm
1. LuckyDoobage
2. HidingMyThunder

PS4? If so PSN SteveO1683

How was Frontier?

Snipers-Snipers-everywhere.jpg

Chucker

I'm 281, and have been flawless Y1 on Xbox. Is it futile to try and get into trials for bounties? Silver and Gold packages would help a lot, hell the 75 marks would too.

Hard Oryx challenge done. Took three (full) tries. First time we somehow only had fifteen bombs. Second time an Ogre teleported on round four. Now I need to decide what primary to infuse the 320 into.

I'm 281, and have been flawless Y1 on Xbox. Is it futile to try and get into trials for bounties? Silver and Gold packages would help a lot, hell the 75 marks would too.

Not futile at all, least of all for bounties which require no real skill just some grinding. Also remember that after matches the class items can drop at 300-310. That said, being 25+ light below most enemies makes a noticeable difference and might require an extra shot to kill depending on the gun. Snipers still work just fine.

Grave's Hunter went flawless around 285 light and Titan at 298. They both also got ~305 light class items to drop within 10 games which was a huge boost to their light levels.

Chucker

Not futile at all, least of all for bounties which require no real skill just some grinding. Also remember that after matches the class items can drop at 300-310. That said, being 25+ light below most enemies makes a noticeable difference and might require an extra shot to kill depending on the gun. Snipers still work just fine.

Grave's Hunter went flawless around 285 light and Titan at 298. They both also got ~305 light class items to drop within 10 games which was a huge boost to their light levels.

Yeah, that's about what I thought.
Well, if anybody feels like giving it a go, I'm up for it.

GhaleonEB

I spent a few weeks chipping away at leveling up the Husk of the Pit, one bit at a time. I figured, why not pad out the exotic collection a bit. Finally did so, and then burned a bunch of motes leveling it tonight.

And then looked at the last node, and googled what I had to do to unlock it.

You gotta be freaking kidding. 0_0

FyreWulff

I spent a few weeks chipping away at leveling up the Husk of the Pit, one bit at a time. I figured, why not pad out the exotic collection a bit. Finally did so, and then burned a bunch of motes leveling it tonight.

The Crux part, right?

That's the reason I still don't have it.

The Crux part, right?

That's the reason I still don't have it.
What do you have to do?

lol

I was lucky and got one after half a dozen kills or so...some people did 30 or 40 clears or more before they got theirs.

I knew the gun was crap at the time so didn't bother levelling up the legendary for ages and just had the crux in my vault.

Then they buffed it right when it became pointless....

Future

I like old strikes as nightfall a because I can solo them. All the new ones feel impossible at times: warsat in the giant shank one, boss in the dark, double cabal boss ... Just too damn hard solo.

This psion one though. Kill off all the cabal waves, bring all 3 psions to a sliver of health, then kill them all before the cabal waves start up... Fun to do and the right amount of difficult with an arc burn

The Crux claims another victim. Poor Ghaleon. If you ever want to kill HM Crota real quick just let me know. It's easy and fun to solo up to him so I could save the CP. One of my non-Gaf friends tries to kill him 3x each week looking for it and I usually end up helping w that anyway.

If you listen, there's the annoying guy on the right who is taking the role of DEFENDING Bungie's move.

I've never listened to Fireteam Chat but I'll check this out since I'm on vacation and need my Destiny fix somehow.

I can understand defending stuff just for Devils advocate conversation. It's gotta be rough for the podcasts and YouTubers during the super dry spell currently. There's nothing to talk about :-/

I now present part two of getting launched off the map:

Karmic retribution for wearing the Ram Kappa

I have a nice shoulder charge physics fail I need to gif up when I get home...

Just finished watching Star Wars, oh my. What a film!

Hey, I saw this today as well! It was a fun time. Moved quickly for being 2hr 15 min.

milkham

I like old strikes as nightfall a because I can solo them. All the new ones feel impossible at times: warsat in the giant shank one, boss in the dark, double cabal boss ... Just too damn hard solo.

This psion one though. Kill off all the cabal waves, bring all 3 psions to a sliver of health, then kill them all before the cabal waves start up... Fun to do and the right amount of difficult with an arc burn

i've read that he only teleports away if you shoot at him with guns so maybe its soloable as a titan with a sword

Karmic retribution for wearing the Ram Kappa

I have a nice shoulder charge physics fail I need to gif up when I get home...

I was only wearing that because I pulled a 319 version out of the silver package just seconds before that game. I didn't have anything else because of the 2 month hiatus :p

i've read that he only teleports away if you shoot at him with guns so maybe its soloable as a titan with a sword

I haven't done it solo but last time it was the NFall we popped an armor of light bubble in the middle and kept swording him until he died. He never teleported away so it must work.

the_id

Anybody awake at the moment? I'm from the future and I'd like to do some Trials or crucible if anyone is up for it.

Currently having two issues with SRL.

The fans on mars keep lagging and my screen shows me as being clear but then they lag back a bit and I hit them.

All i care about right now is beating my best times as I have finished the book etc but the start of the race is such a cluster fuck I can never get a good clean start and thus beat my best times.

Getting annoying now.

Think I was lucky as I got a crux of crota drop a few nights ago.

When you do get nechrocasm don't lvl it up to max yr1 as it only goes to light 170 and the blueprint version is 172.

FyreWulff

Trying to solo the Essence of the Feast on Undying Mind and it's not working out please halp

psn: Fyre_Wulff

edit: nm ended up soloing it

Top Bottom