• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

WipedOut

Nah, that's what hard raid/challenge mode is for.

I modified my statement to add more to it. Infusion needs to change AT LEAST getting 100% of the difference if light levels are within 10. That would change A LOT honestly.

You can never get max light via nightfalls (with the exception of HoW thanks to Etheric Lights but because no raid also). It was always during hard raid. If you want 320 light (up to), then it'd really have to go back to the old nightfall method of starting over from the very beginning, IMO. (never returning to orbit because that's a worthless and wasteful step).

I'll be home soon, have you done any? I have probably a little time to run one if you want. I need more exotics, tired of getting armor engrams, I need weapons dammit!. I mean I would take a really great 1000 yard stare from NF at this point.

I retract my statement about missing my hawksaw. I switched to the Mida on Xbox last night and did 10x better. Also is it me or does it seem less people on xbox use Mida, On PS4 it's everywhere, not so much on Xbox.

I'll be home soon, have you done any? I have probably a little time to run one if you want. I need more exotics, tired of getting armor engrams, I need weapons dammit!. I mean I would take a really great 1000 yard stare from NF at this point.

I retract my statement about missing my hawksaw. I switched to the Mida on Xbox last night and did 10x better. Also is it me or does it seem less people on xbox use Mida, On PS4 it's everywhere, not so much on Xbox.

I saw (heard) a ton of Midas on Xbox this past week.

Feorax

If Nightfall is to remain how it is, then there really is no excuse not to have matchmaking at this point. Having to get a group together (albeit only a team of 3) for those level of rewards at that difficulty is a completely unnecessary effort.

There also needs to be the opportunity for 320 to be obtained through PvP, like IB used to be. Maybe rank 5 should be a guaranteed 320 drop?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I have 4 treasure keys for the prison. Are those for the original with matchmaking or do you need them for the sublevels, too?

Also if anyone on xbone wants to do the prison sublevels let me know, gamertag dicetrain

I'm also looking to join in any raids at all, since I haven't done any
Idon'tregretnotgettingPS4Idon'tregretnotgettingPS4Idon'tregretnotgettingPS4Idon'tregretnotgettingPS4

If Nightfall is to remain how it is, then there really is no excuse not to have matchmaking at this point. Having to get a group together (albeit only a team of 3) for those level of rewards at that difficulty is a completely unnecessary effort.

There also needs to be the opportunity for 320 to be obtained through PvP, like IB used to be. Maybe rank 5 should be a guaranteed 320 drop?

Well, soloing the nightfall at this point is also a lot easier as well.

Deku Tree

I have 4 treasure keys for the prison. Are those for the original with matchmaking or do you need them for the sublevels, too?

Also if anyone on xbone wants to do the prison sublevels let me know, gamertag dicetrain

Idon'tregretnotgettingPS4Idon'tregretnotgettingPS4Idon'tregretnotgettingPS4Idon'tregretnotgettingPS4

You can do PoE 28 with MM. The rewards from the large chest that takes the treasure key are the same regardless of what level you do.... Except that the level 35/34 has a chance give some extra year 1 stuff.

It sounds like you regret getting the beast mode PS4 TBH.

I'm still of the opinions that all end game activities should drop an item that can be used by any weapon/armor that simply increases ATK/DEF values by 3-4 (Max 320).

It'll make players feel like no matter what they did, they at least made progress on something of theirs.

Yea I've always wanted a mat for light OR a bonus for > 2 item infusion, or something like AKT/DEF values.

A 300 + 302 + 305 should be a 308 item.
Whether that's done by infusing all 3 or dismantling 1 for a (Light - 299) mat [300 would be a +1, 302 would be a +3, etc], either would work.

Legendary to Legendary infusion should NOT cost legendary marks
Exotic to Exotic infusion should NOT cost exotic shards.

LTWood12

Sorry, already did Oryx this morning. Actually looking for someone to do the rest.

LFG it is!

nooooooo_luke_skywalker.gif

I'm not home and I haven't done any. Honestly after what happened to me during Iron Banner at 2am CST (1 hour before normal weekly reset, missing out on buying ANYTHING from Saladin and missing out on my Rank 5 package), I'm 99% turned off on this game for the near future.

I just want to take my nephew flawless, go flawless once on PS4 for year 2, and do an oryx challenge on each and I'll be done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CvFMO5baqs

Yea I've always wanted a mat for light OR a bonus for > 2 item infusion, or something like AKT/DEF values.

A 300 + 302 + 305 should be a 308 item.
Whether that's done by infusing all 3 or dismantling 1 for a (Light - 299) mat [300 would be a +1, 302 would be a +3, etc], either would work.

Legendary to Legendary infusion should NOT cost legendary marks
Exotic to Exotic infusion should NOT cost exotic shards

The issue with the currencies in this game are a whole other bundle of problems.

I don't care about a single currency in this game until I realize I don't have enough of something. And that should never be the case. That's a sign of a bad economy.

Several currencies in this game need to be streamlined and done away with entirely.

Requiring weapons or armor to take up to 5 different currencies each is silly.
I need XP to upgrade
I need Glimmer to upgrade
I need a Random Planetary material to upgrade
I need Weapon Parts/Armor Parts to upgrade
I need Legendary Marks to Infuse
I need a full on Weapon/Armor to Infuse
I may need an Exotic Shard to infuse
I may want to use a Glass Needle to take a chance for an upgrade.

If I want to fully explore the options/upgrades of a weapon, I need 8 different components in this game to do so. I don't know how this hasn't been recognized as a bad idea yet.

Edit: I thought combining the armor materials into 1 items was going to be a step in the right direction, but it seems more like a glance in the right direction at this point.

Added you (apparently I didn't get a notification of you adding me? #nextgen).

Will be on for sure tomorrow night, but maybe tonight. My S/O is usually up for PoE.

Tri4

Don't feel bad, I'm on ps4 and have yet to do kings fall because no one will take me along unless I have a spindle,touch of malice, done the raid before, know the raid like the back of my hand,be light level 310 at least and gone flawless in trials.

The issue with the currencies in this game are a whole other bundle of problems.

I don't care about a single currency in this game until I realize I don't have enough of something. And that should never be the case. That's a sign of a bad economy.

Several currencies in this game need to be streamlined and done away with entirely.

Requiring weapons or armor to take up to 5 different currencies each is silly.
I need XP to upgrade
I need Glimmer to upgrade
I need a Random Planetary material to upgrade
I need Weapon Parts/Armor Parts to upgrade
I need Legendary Marks to Infuse
I need a full on Weapon/Armor to Infuse
I may need an Exotic Shard to infuse
I may want to use a Glass Needle to take a chance for an upgrade.

If I want to fully explore the options/upgrades of a weapon, I need 8 different components in this game to do so. I don't know how this hasn't been recognized as a bad idea yet.

Edit: I thought combining the armor materials into 1 items was going to be a step in the right direction, but it seems more like a glance in the right direction at this point.

Yea it is ridiculous. They have made it a lot harder. Buying weapon parts via glimmer was a step in the right direction. Having EVERYTHING be legendary marks is the wrong direction. They need to even it out more with glimmer.

This game either makes me super rich in glimmer all the time or super poor, never in between. I got super poor during rerolling phase and when they nerfed the economy. Now I never have anything to spend glimmer on except weapon parts.

They always go too extreme, imo. Now everything IB related costs just legendary marks. Glimmer was fine but they just needed to reduce the costs.

boofa

Neo Member
I literally never saw the Camelot Cloak drop. For anyone on any of my teams.

I saw 1 of them drop, on my last match I played last night. I had a 5.5 and got a blue, second place with sub 1.0 got the cloak. I pretty much rage quit after that.

Trakan

Well, soloing the nightfall at this point is also a lot easier as well.

I'd say the opposite. No elemental primaries and you can't use the horn anymore. Imagine trying to solo the Undying Mind. Not quick or fun. Imagine it with solar burn and it's even more of a joke.

Iron Banner items should cost glimmer, just cheaper.

Helm: 2000 glimmer
Boots: 1500 glimmer
Weapon 1: 2000 glimmer
Weapon 2: 2000 glimmer

Total cost per char: 7,500
Total cost for all 3 chars: 22500

You're taking the long effort of getting to rank 5 in the first place and you're earning glimmer per match so it fits in well. You can't buy everything with 75 marks per char from the weekly bounties.

I believe the emblem and shader are 1k each so that still works with the current 25k cap and you can buy these things as the become available / rank up so you'll be able to earn the glimmer WHILE playing, without needing to do EXTERNAL GRINDING. Before it was glimmer farm and now it's legendary mark farming.

Deku Tree

I'd say the opposite. No elemental primaries and you can't use the horn anymore. Imagine trying to solo the Undying Mind. Not quick or fun. Imagine it with solar burn and it's even more of a joke.

If you actually bother to use the elemental burn defense chest pieces then it sort of makes up for lacking in elemental primaries.

flkraven

Got to rank 5 in IB on all 3 characters. Never had a single weapon drop. The only thing that dropped was helmets on my warlock. No drops on any other characters. Already had the helm on my Titan from previous IB. Still couldn't afford the auto rifle. So stupid.

Dice

I got a year 1 legendary and a year 1 exotic from the prison. I guess I'll send these over to my lvl20 so they find a little use.

The reason I want to do PoE is mostly to level up with Varkis to get access to his sweetass shaders. Does he give out bounties after you've done them, or do you just have to run PoE over and over to gain rep with him?

ch4fx_

Being at work on reset day is the worst :(. SO MANY GROUPS I COULD JOIN!

Hopefully some of you dudes have alts left by the time I get home tonight.

flkraven

Also I ran a level 28 noob through his very first raid (VOG normal mode). Not a single drop was better than the gear he already had. That is a big flaw in the system. If people run raids around their suggested levels, the gear shouldn't be outclassed by blues of the same level.

Daemul

I ended up having to do a single Oryx Challenge run with a group of people I know today, I initially rejected since I've had enough of Destiny, but then my mate got his little brother, who was part of the group, to ask me to help them, and since I don't want to a dick to little kids I had no choice but to help. God damn clever manipulation
KuGsj.gif

Anyway, it actually turned out alright, we did it first time and I got my first ever hard mode helmet, which allowed me to get the Hard Mode shader, which was one of two things I had originally wanted to get before quitting Destiny. The second thing was the 320 ghost which would push me to 320 light, but IB drops were a dud so, that ain't happening.
wtzgU.gif

Iron Banner items should cost glimmer, just cheaper.

Helm: 2000 glimmer
Boots: 1500 glimmer
Weapon 1: 2000 glimmer
Weapon 2: 2000 glimmer

Total cost per char: 7,500
Total cost for all 3 chars: 22500

You're taking the long effort of getting to rank 5 in the first place and you're earning glimmer per match so it fits in well. You can't buy everything with 75 marks per char from the weekly bounties.

I believe the emblem and shader are 1k each so that still works with the current 25k cap and you can buy these things as the become available / rank up so you'll be able to earn the glimmer WHILE playing, without needing to do EXTERNAL GRINDING. Before it was glimmer farm and now it's legendary mark farming.
You can't change the cost of items like that without really overhauling the entire glimmer system.

Look at the max glimmer as something only the 1% of the playerbase should be sitting at.

Award glimmer in smaller increments. 2-5g per major kill or guardian kill in PvP. The average PvP player would be getting 40 g per game, while crazy players would get around 100.

Remove XP requirements from weapons completely and turn them soley into glimmer reqs, and have them increase with each one. First upgrade is 50 glimmer, then 100, then 200, then 400.

You know what... fuck it... I'm just going to write up a whole big thing about this later... Probably throw it up on Reddit or something. Expect a big post from me tomorrow morning.

Dice

Also I ran a level 28 noob through his very first raid (VOG normal mode). Not a single drop was better than the gear he already had. That is a big flaw in the system. If people run raids around their suggested levels, the gear shouldn't be outclassed by blues of the same level.
Yeah first time on any raid should be guaranteed upgrade.

Deku Tree

Nothing makes up for triple damage on a primary IMO.

I just use my special/heavy most of the time. I have a 1k stare with good roll of each elemental type plus good heavies of each type. Or this week can also use Telesto. This week it's all spin2win on the flayers. They die really quickly.

Yea VoG was always so frustrating in that regard, but it was mostly saved by not only how great the raid itself was but the potential loot was also top tier.

I've been running nothing but challenge modes the past 5 weeks with the exception of warpriest 2 weeks ago, I actually did Golgy to help out and was confused when I got nothing and forgot that can actually happen. That's why Hard KF is a huge turn off. You can either get nothing or infusion fodders because most of the stuff sucks. Getting nothing for hard work is silly, especially when combined with other types of grinding.

flkraven

I hope they eliminate gun 'leveling' entirely in the next game. It's stupid. It should be ready to go right out of the box, and 'improving' it should be attaching mods/scopes/etc.

You're right you don't have elemental primaries, but Small Arms can cancel that out. If not, class grenades go a long way.
The whole not being forced back to orbit thing really makes it more forgiving than it ever was.

I'm not saying you'll get it done faster, it'll probably take around 20-30 minutes. But it's not out of the question.

Trakan

I guess I just really hate a lot of the new nightfall modifiers. I hate that the weapon modifiers like small arms nerf the damage of special/heavy and vice versa. I hate match game with a passion with no primary elementals being around.

They turned a fun aspect of Destiny into something super annoying.

flkraven

I guess I just really hate a lot of the new nightfall modifiers. I hate that the weapon modifiers like small arms nerf the damage of special/heavy and vice versa. I hate match game with a passion with no primary elementals being around.

They turned a fun aspect of Destiny into something super annoying.

Yes. This is dumb as shit. I was so excited to try Dragon's Breath last week and half way through the NF I realized small arms was on too. So boring.

milkham

I got a year 1 legendary and a year 1 exotic from the prison. I guess I'll send these over to my lvl20 so they find a little use.

The reason I want to do PoE is mostly to level up with Varkis to get access to his sweetass shaders. Does he give out bounties after you've done them, or do you just have to run PoE over and over to gain rep with him?

No bounties. And you'll only get year 1 stuff from POE. You can dismantle the ship tokens for more rep with him

Yes. This is dumb as shit. I was so excited to try Dragon's Breath last week and half way through the NF I realized small arms was on too. So boring.

I actually pulled out my Mythoclast last week for the Solar Burn Small Arms combo...

Unfortunately, it still wasn't worth it. :(

Top Bottom