• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Namikaze1

About to do Nightfall three times in 5 in minutes. Feel free to join. All I ask is that you save the Arc Flayer for last. Just missing the arc flayer cloak.

psylah

Got this Scout Rifle from my Rank 5 IB package:
X2MNCtb.png

I'd love to get rid of Icarus, but I've been trying to take advantage of it, it seems to work.
There's no way to re-roll purples now, right? Glass needles only work on exotics?

After three gruesome failures over the last month and half or whatever, was finally able to get a HM Oryx kill. Such a relief to get through it again. Thanks to everyone on that run, it was pretty damn smooth, compared to past experience.

Oryx seems easier to deal with using challenge tactic, which is quite odd given that it is a challenge.

Happy New Year DGAF; I'm finally back in the country and haven't played any Destiny since...well..before challenge mode dropped. So if anyone would like to have a 313 Hunter for some HM play, feel free to send my out of practice ass an invite. I get to be available all day :)

Ji66a-Man

Ran 3 Weekly Heroic Strikes and they were all Echo Chamber. I even got Theosyion Vibrissae (Warlock strike gauntlets) as a drop.

ocean

Banned
Oryx seems easier to deal with using challenge tactic, which is quite odd given that it is a challenge.

Many deaths at Oryx come down to people staying alive while they cap their bombs. The Challenge start is far safer in that you can quickly retreat to the aura in the middle and clear ads/stun Oryx in peace.

Sadly, this strat produces all manners of glitches and bugs which hamper otherwise perfect runs.

Namikaze1

Teleporting Ogre struck back earlier in one of my runs. It wasn't even the last set of bombs!

Anyway, starting Nightfall run #2. Join on me or Sushi.

Edit: remember, Arc Flayer is last.

Aw yiss, doc in the house. Let me know what time you're down to run it (I'm in EST), I'll make sure to be home.

I can do one or two now depending on how they go, and then I was gonna do some more around 9:30 pm est w Team Wipe but I dunno if they're full or not. I'd like to do 6 total eventually for mine and Grave's characters.

AWWW YEAAAAA... got out of a required meeting XD
who's up for some more Oryx CM?

I'd be up for it. Still have the titan and warlock to go.

Many deaths at Oryx come down to people staying alive while they cap their bombs. The Challenge start is far safer in that you can quickly retreat to the aura in the middle and clear ads/stun Oryx in peace.

Sadly, this strat produces all manners of glitches and bugs which hamper otherwise perfect runs.

The challenge is making sure all 16 orbs detonate at the same time. You would be surprised at how many people miss one.

That's true, didn't take into account the bugs/glitches this game has had with raids. The straggler orbs are also an issue that may ruin things x(.

You aren't going to find a group that's looking to do it sans-challenge mode. 313 should be fine, and welcome back.

Oh I'm totally wanting to run the challenge mode, just wanted to do the stuff before Oryx too so I can try to get better loot is all. And thank ya man.

LTWood12

Oh I'm totally wanting to run the challenge mode, just wanted to do the stuff before Oryx too so I can try to get better loot is all. And thank ya man.

Not gonna be easy to find that either. A lot of folks just do the challenges every week now because it's guaranteed 320 stuff.

Sorry Ocean, we weren't sure if you posted about doing it now or were looking for a group later. We'll do another run if this goes smooth.

Namikaze1

Alright, last Nightfall. Give me that arc cloak, RNGesus!

Fireteam is open if anyone wants in.

I'm expecting a third horn kit now.

embalm

So I'm Hoarding Engrams right now.

I hit 40 and I'm sitting at about 250 light. I plan on buying/questing some 280 light gear by this weekend with legendary marks. This should knock up my light level and should make the engrams I get much better.

Am I being too greedy? Should I just crack those engrams open or should I keep saving them until I have my 280 base?

Top Bottom