• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Theorry

Since Luke hasn't posted here for a long time, I'll take it upon myself to remind everyone that Lv29 was a ~32% penalty for Lv30 activities and LL319 is a ~2.5% penalty for LL320 activities. Luke really doesn't like when people make this comparison, haha.

Although I'll say the fact that 320 doesn't really matter is a reason Bungie should be more liberal with 320 items, not a reason players should totally abandon caring about 320. Sure, it's functionally minor but still fun and psychologically rewarding as positive feedback for the players.

Way more players quit raiding because KF loot was too stingy than would have quit because they hit 320 too quickly.

True. I grinded IB also last week alot. Got some ghost but yeah all of them were lower then 320. Its just i play alot. So i want atleast one character on 320. Just for the feeling.

True. I grinded IB also last week alot. Got some ghost but yeah all of them were lower then 320. Its just i play alot. So i want atleast one character on 320. Just for the feeling.

i'm with you. my hunter is at 319. need arms and chest. hopefully WP and Golgi will be good to me next go-round.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Pencil me in. I've yet to do it and would rather go through your tutorial than hold back a team. I need to confirm with my wife if she will give me hours to get through. What's the normal timing you see for first timers in this raid?
KF has enormous variance for newbie groups, much more than the other raids, because there isn't nearly as much room for one person to "carry" any given encounter. There's no good way for me to gauge it ahead of time sadly. Whereas a group with basic experience in all encounters can clear Normal reliably at around the 1-hour mark, there are certain moments that can be roadblocks for newbie groups as everyone learns where things can go wrong and adjust. At the same time, not every group gets stuck at the same spots, and there's a small bit of luck involved. I would definitely recommend securing 4 hours if you can.

ocean

Banned
Yo.

Someone help me get the scent chest on a character. Just need you to stand on a platform to keep it visible for me. I'm bad at these jumps.

Kal_El

I have totems checkpoint looking for raid group. PSN Clark_Kent. First 5 to join me in raid wins. Just please have an idea of Oryx challenge.

Apologies, the person I got the checkpoint from was normal mode :(

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yo.

Someone help me get the scent chest on a character. Just need you to stand on a platform to keep it visible for me. I'm bad at these jumps.
You gotta go sooo fast. I maxed my agility, held a gun that gave an extra 2, memorized all but one of the jumps to do it mostly blind and still almost lost it because the stupid monsters bumped me when they ran up on me and reset my looting.

ocean

Banned
You gotta go sooo fast. I maxed my agility, held a gun that gave an extra 2, memorized all but one of the jumps to do it mostly blind and still almost lost it because the stupid monsters bumped me when they ran up on me and reset my looting.
This is hard. You are a better jumper than I am.
Run along the left side wall instead of using the platforms.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A93Nsp-M3tg
This isn't. Thanks for the video, got it done in two tries.

EL CUCO

Three Shaxx weeklies. Three crap rewards. I'm at a personal low, sine wave wise. Might take a break for a week or so. Maybe.

There isn't much to do if friends aren't on to PvP train with.

Boo.
I lucked out last week.

Got a 310 MIDA, and Bad Juju. That helped me get over the 20 strange coins I got on the first reward.

ocean

Banned
Pretty close to maximum Grimoire score. Need 2,000 more Sidearm kills (no biggie) and 89 more Rumble first-place wins (never gonna happen) and that's it.

Oh and it doesn't add any points...but I never got Dreg's Promise and am thus missing that Grimoire card as well :(

Pretty close to maximum Grimoire score. Need 2,000 more Sidearm kills (no biggie) and 89 more Rumble first-place wins (never gonna happen) and that's it.

Oh and it doesn't add any points...but I never got Dreg's Promise and am thus missing that Grimoire card as well :(

I just need CM Oryx and 40 stupid Doubles Wins that isn't available but once every 3 months... :(

4865 currently.

Tri4

dude, have you asked people here? our very own Hawkian runs new-bee raids weekly. if you want to run a fresh raid, hard or normal (normal is harder to get people into, at the moment) just ask. if you want to run a nightfall, ask. the OT is relatively dad atm, :/ but it doesn't hurt to get it out there.
A friend of mine did ask a few days ago but we didn't manage to get enough biters to get it going unfortunately. I guess I'll try another time, since it was IB and stuff.
The person who says 310 has to be shitting with you. I'm sure if you ask around here you can find some people to help.
Yeah, I was slightly exaggerating but you see my point. The main problem is that a lot of people just aren't willing to take a newbie along. Understandable I guess, since raids are a pretty big time sink.
I'll do a KF newbie raid next week (Thurs. 14th, 8:00PM EST) if you're interested.
I appreciate the offer but that's like 1AM (UK here) for me which is waaay past my bedtime
yes I have a bedtime
and college the following day so I can't pull a timing like that.

ocean

Banned
I just need CM Oryx and 40 stupid Doubles Wins that isn't available but once every 3 months... :(

4865 currently.
I just got Oryx CM's Fragment (+ Insight for getting all 50) today. I then went ahead and picked up the 4 new Dead Ghosts.

I'm at 4860. Missing 5 points in the Sidearm card and 15 points in the Rumble card. 4880 is the current max right?

Kal_El

I have totems checkpoint looking for raid group. PSN Clark_Kent. First 5 to join me in raid wins. Just please have an idea of Oryx challenge.

Apologies, the person I got the checkpoint from was normal mode :(

Another crew is running hard mode is gong to get me the checkpoint. 15-20 minutes to raid.

Have 1 person already need 4 more

Just grab a Legacy engram the next time Xur has a special weapon one. They're weighted pretty heavily to what you don't have. Dreg's Promise was the only Y1 I was missing and I got it off my first engram.

ocean

Banned
Just grab a Legacy engram the next time Xur has a special weapon one. They're weighted pretty heavily to what you don't have. Dreg's Promise was the only Y1 I was missing and I got it off my first engram.
Done it twice, got stuff I already had on both occasions and not the Greg :(
Sounds like a slog for an RNG roll at a horrible weapon.
Oh I doubt I'll ever actually shoot it. But the empty slot in my kiosks, that missing grim card... I've been playing this game fairly consistently for over a year, might as well get everything before the servers are put to sleep.

ocean

Banned
Ew. Just wait for the Xur legacy engram and save up for it.
Skolas fight was super cool. Reaching him was boring and repetitive as hell. But the fight itself was mechanically intriguing and (post-burns) was a hard but fair 3 man encounter. Loved it.

Now sword make it easy to solo since you can block the taint.

Deku Tree

Skolas fight was super cool. Reaching him was boring and repetitive as hell. But the fight itself was mechanically intriguing and (post-burns) was a hard but fair 3 man encounter. Loved it.

Now sword make it easy to solo since you can block the taint.

I heard that was stealth patchd*

* I haven't tried it myself but a friend told me that he knew for sure so I'm Not 100% sure.

Meh first attempt at this NF and I got the Void cape--didn't really care for the flyer capes, I dismantled the arc one I got a few weeks back.

Wow 296 boots. . smart loot right Luke Smith?

2x Complete raid last night.

Titan:
320 Scout
310 Hand Cannon
314 Legs(Warlock infusion fuel)
304 Mark
302 Fusion

Hunter:
320 Helm
310 Hand Cannon
312 Chest
304 Fusion
300 Ghost

The drops really are garbage outside of Challenge mode. Given that I need 320 class items to get to 320 I think I will just accept forever 319 for now. Not worth.

Frenden

Banned
I think I'll start killing Skolas every reset until I get Dreg's Promise.

You joke, but I dropped PoE as soon as I got the guns and now I need a bunch more rep to get Variks' shaders. I might be game to run Skolas with you for rep alone. Don't you get, like, 500 for a kill?

I just got Oryx CM's Fragment (+ Insight for getting all 50) today. I then went ahead and picked up the 4 new Dead Ghosts.

I'm at 4860. Missing 5 points in the Sidearm card and 15 points in the Rumble card. 4880 is the current max right?
4895. There's 15 hidden in doubles wins.

It appears to me that Bungie wanted to force you to grind SRL for a super rare chance at 320 cloaks, and they want you to grind IB past rank 5 for an equally rare chance at a 320 ghost.

I'd play way more Destiny (including stuff like SRL I don't really enjoy) if they added guaranteed rewards at the end of these grinds. I mean isn't that what the whole "Questification" was supposed to do? Exotic sword quest sucked but I still did it 3x because exotic swords are awesome.

No way in hell I was gonna grind SRL or IB for a low chance at 320s, with only boredom/frustration guaranteed.

Nothing but two moldering shards from WP. Should that be possible?

It shouldn't be........... But it is. ;_;

After Oryx CM 3x today my 320 primary collection now includes...

Hung Jury
Touch of Malice
Mida Multi-tool
Zhalo Supercell

...and I still have a 320 Doom of Chelchis that Destiny Item manager tells me will turn my 314 Nirwen's Mercy into a 320, although I don't trust it's lies one bit. Should I just go for it?

After Oryx CM 3x today my 320 primary collection now includes...

Hung Jury
Touch of Malice
Mida Multi-tool
Zhalo Supercell

...and I still have a 320 Doom of Chelchis that Destiny Item manager tells me will turn my 314 Nirwen's Mercy into a 320, although I don't trust it's lies one bit. Should I just go for it?
Legendaries are garunteed to increase at least 6.

Top Bottom