• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Deku Tree

I actually pulled out my Mythoclast last week for the Solar Burn Small Arms combo...

Unfortunately, it still wasn't worth it. :(

IIRC, someone on reddit did a calculation and concluded that a 170 attack year 1 primary weapon with the appropriate NF burn does less damage than a similar archetype approx 310 attack primary weapon with no burn.

boofa

Neo Member
IIRC, someone on reddit did a calculation and concluded that a 170 attack year 1 primary weapon with the appropriate NF burn does less damage than a similar archetype approx 310 attack primary weapon with no burn.

Not to mention that, at least in Y1, Mythoclast still proc'd as a secondary along with NLB/UR.

Well, that makes me feel a bit better for forgetting about my Vision of Confluence, last week.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
No bounties. And you'll only get year 1 stuff from POE. You can dismantle the ship tokens for more rep with him
I didn't even know what those tokens are so I looked it up and found out that you can also only do the PoE levels for rep once a week. WTF I'm supposed to round up people to do this once a week or otherwise do it solo (waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay harder)? Bungie really hates solo players and people who are new with the way they designed all this.

Frenden

Banned
Three Shaxx weeklies. Three crap rewards. I'm at a personal low, sine wave wise. Might take a break for a week or so. Maybe.

There isn't much to do if friends aren't on to PvP train with.

Boo.

Deku Tree

Three Shaxx weeklies. Three crap rewards. I'm at a personal low, sine wave wise. Might take a break for a week or so. Maybe.

There isn't much to do if friends aren't on to PvP train with.

Boo.

Yeah I thought about doing the Shaxx weekly bounties, then I realized they take much much longer than just doing the NF and the rewards are usually just as bad.

Especially finding a fire team to complete numerous PvP matches. That's just one of the five bounties and just finishing that one takes at least twice as long as doing one NF.

Don't feel bad, I'm on ps4 and have yet to do kings fall because no one will take me along unless I have a spindle,touch of malice, done the raid before, know the raid like the back of my hand,be light level 310 at least and gone flawless in trials.

dude, have you asked people here? our very own Hawkian runs new-bee raids weekly. if you want to run a fresh raid, hard or normal (normal is harder to get people into, at the moment) just ask. if you want to run a nightfall, ask. the OT is relatively dad atm, :/ but it doesn't hurt to get it out there.

Iceman829

I'll be home soon, have you done any? I have probably a little time to run one if you want. I need more exotics, tired of getting armor engrams, I need weapons dammit!. I mean I would take a really great 1000 yard stare from NF at this point.

I retract my statement about missing my hawksaw. I switched to the Mida on Xbox last night and did 10x better. Also is it me or does it seem less people on xbox use Mida, On PS4 it's everywhere, not so much on Xbox.

I heard nailguns firing all week on xbox. Bob Vila was putting in overtime

Don't feel bad, I'm on ps4 and have yet to do kings fall because no one will take me along unless I have a spindle,touch of malice, done the raid before, know the raid like the back of my hand,be light level 310 at least and gone flawless in trials.

The person who says 310 has to be shitting with you. I'm sure if you ask around here you can find some people to help.

ocean

Banned
Harrowed (310+) Loot haul today:

Warlock: 320 Helm + 320 Chest (dat luck)
Hunter: 320 Firefly Pulse + 315 Yasmin
Titan: 320 Helm + 319 Helm

My best class items are 303, 306 and 312 respectively. Holding me back but overall all characters are at 316-318.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Frenden

Banned
Yeah I thought about doing the Shaxx weekly bounties, then I realized they take much much longer than just doing the NF and the rewards are usually just as bad.

Especially finding a fire team to complete numerous PvP matches. That's just one of the five bounties and just finishing that one takes at least twice as long as doing one NF.

Yeah. I had two or three lingering weeklies to turn in on each character, so I only had to two a few overall or I wouldn't have bothered. Coins, a crap rolled shotgun, and a ghost IIRC. The rewards were so meh I can't even remember. Not worth it.

Back to the 9-5 homie. I already miss the good IB times last week.

That's the thing--everyone being home for the holidays gave me some false hope for the state of the playerbase. Shit's a ghost town again, haha. Ugh.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'll do a KF newbie raid next week (Thurs. 14th, 8:00PM EST) if you're interested.

Frenden

Banned
I've got this fucking beast being delivered this week and that's probably going to make me call it quits for a while, haha.

Cintiq-27QHD-Touch-01.jpeg

I am never gonna get that 320 ghost. Forever 319.
Its forever 29 all over again.

Since Luke hasn't posted here for a long time, I'll take it upon myself to remind everyone that Lv29 was a ~32% penalty for Lv30 activities and LL319 is a ~2.5% penalty for LL320 activities. Luke really doesn't like when people make this comparison, haha.

Although I'll say the fact that 320 doesn't really matter is a reason Bungie should be more liberal with 320 items, not a reason players should totally abandon caring about 320. Sure, it's functionally minor but still fun and psychologically rewarding as positive feedback for the players.

Way more players quit raiding because KF loot was too stingy than would have quit because they hit 320 too quickly.

Yeah. I had two or three lingering weeklies to turn in on each character, so I only had to two a few overall or I wouldn't have bothered. Coins, a crap rolled shotgun, and a ghost IIRC. The rewards were so meh I can't even remember. Not worth it.

That's the thing--everyone being home for the holidays gave me some false hope for the state of the playerbase. Shit's a ghost town again, haha. Ugh.

I'll be around this week for my Shaxx bounties and PvP! I'll hit you up.

Since Luke hasn't posted here for a long time, I'll take it upon myself to remind everyone that Lv29 was a ~32% penalty for Lv30 activities and LL319 is a ~2.5% penalty for LL320 activities. Luke really doesn't like when people make this comparison, haha.

Although I'll say the fact that 320 doesn't really matter is a reason Bungie should be more liberal with 320 items, not a reason players should totally abandon caring about 320. Sure, it's functionally minor but still fun and psychologically rewarding as positive feedback for the players.

Way more players quit raiding because KF loot was too stingy than would have quit because they hit 320 too quickly.
Join us Driz.

SpecX

I'll do a KF newbie raid next week (Thurs. 14th, 8:00PM EST) if you're interested.

Pencil me in. I've yet to do it and would rather go through your tutorial than hold back a team. I need to confirm with my wife if she will give me hours to get through. What's the normal timing you see for first timers in this raid?

Join us Driz.

haha I just finished 3 runs for Grave's characters, I'm pretty Oryx'ed out. I'll do some more later on my characters but need a break now.

Grave's characters got lucky as hell today. Warlock is 317.5, Titan and Hunter are 318. He got a 320 ToM before I did, smh.

edit: He also got 310 versions of Invective, Plan C, Thunderlord, ATS Tarantella, Radiant Dance Machines, and Bones of Yao

Deku Tree

They should at least give us a reasonable way to get a 320 ghost etc.

How about something like this?

WP CM HM 320 artifact
Golgi CM HM 320 ghost
Oryx CM HM 320 class item

As it is getting 320 artifacts over and over is really dumb and again not respecting the time of their players.

haha I just finished 3 runs for Grave's characters, I'm pretty Oryx'ed out. I'll do some more later on my characters but need a break now.

Grave's characters got lucky as hell today. Warlock is 317.5, Titan and Hunter are 318. He got a 320 ToM before I did, smh.

edit: He also got 310 versions of Invective, Plan C, Thunderlord, ATS Tarantella, Radiant Dance Machines, and Bones of Yao
wut! then I did too?

>.>
<.<

XD thanks for the games earlier :D

WP CM HM 320 artifact
Golgi CM HM 320 ghost

As it is getting 320 artifacts over and over is really dumb and again not respecting the time of their players.

I have about 5 artifacts at 320. If they can keep spamming that, they should be able to make a 320 ghost.

WP CM HM 320 artifact
Golgi CM HM 320 ghost

haha yeah we were just talking about this in party chat actually. I've been saying this since the first WP CM gave 320 artifacts. It's such a basic no-brainer that I'm really confused why they didn't do it.

Those are the types of mistakes I find most frustrating because it's both obvious and easy to implement. It's one thing to say "fix the lag!" or "x-y-z progression system is scaled poorly!" but complaints like that have strong technical and/or hindsight limitations. Bungie gets excessively criticized for a lot of things but this isn't one of them.

Daemul

WP CM HM 320 artifact
Golgi CM HM 320 ghost

This is how thought it was going to work, but instead Bungle chose to flood us with artifacts. At the very least you should get one of the 3 you get after you beat a challenge.

Thanks for having me along for two of the runs with you today man; it was a good way to get back into Destiny. It was actually -rewarding- to run KF for once.

Deku Tree

haha yeah we were just talking about this in party chat actually. I've been saying this since the first WP CM gave 320 artifacts. It's such a basic no-brainer that I'm really confused why they didn't do it.

Those are the types of mistakes I find most frustrating because it's both obvious and easy to implement. It's one thing to say "fix the lag!" or "x-y-z progression system is scaled poorly!" but complaints like that have strong technical and/or hindsight limitations. Bungie gets excessively criticized for a lot of things but this isn't one of them.

It appears to me that Bungie wanted to force you to grind SRL for a super rare chance at 320 cloaks, and they want you to grind IB past rank 5 for an equally rare chance at a 320 ghost.

milkham

I didn't even know what those tokens are so I looked it up and found out that you can also only do the PoE levels for rep once a week. WTF I'm supposed to round up people to do this once a week or otherwise do it solo (waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay harder)? Bungie really hates solo players and people who are new with the way they designed all this.

i think you can keep doing the level 28 one for rep, but its been so long maybe i'm wrong

From a player psychology point of view, it's identical. There is the max level and on my character screen and on my item screen it's plainly shown again and again what the true cap is and that you're not there. The pre-endgame makes it clear: progress == increasing light, then you hit endgame and rather than hitting the cap, it just makes the last bit or progress infinitely long. People didn't quit when they hit 30 or 32 or 34. We had more fun, because we weren't worried about the level anymore.

Agree completely.

WipedOut

I'll need to run one tomorrow if you're around afternoon eastern. Hit 315 without doing oryx hard mode yet.

Yeah, while raiding this morning the same thing got brought up with my group as well. It's unbelievable that we are showered with these useless, duplicative artifacts. And it's ridiculous that the Iron Banner rank 3 package gives a 310 artifact. Something like a guaranteed weapon at rank 3, and a weapon + armor at rank 5 would be much better, and make me actually look forward to IB.

Yeah, while raiding this morning the same thing got brought up with my group as well. It's unbelievable that we are showered with these useless, duplicative artifacts. And it's ridiculous that the Iron Banner rank 3 package gives a 310 artifact. Something like a guaranteed weapon at rank 3, and a weapon + armor at rank 5 would be much better, and make me actually look forward to IB.

yo illini. I still remember my first NM KF with you Sherpa-derping the group. good times
but maybe not so good for you? XD
were had. :D

Top Bottom