• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

I got the Arc cloak again...

tumblr_no5ofwq9681svjeufo1_250.gif

embalm

So I'm Hoarding Engrams right now.

I hit 40 and I'm sitting at about 250 light. I plan on buying/questing some 280 light gear by this weekend with legendary marks. This should knock up my light level and should make the engrams I get much better.

Am I being too greedy? Should I just crack those engrams open or should I keep saving them until I have my 280 base?

Reposting for a new page.

So I'm Hoarding Engrams right now.

I hit 40 and I'm sitting at about 250 light. I plan on buying/questing some 280 light gear by this weekend with legendary marks. This should knock up my light level and should make the engrams I get much better.

Am I being too greedy? Should I just crack those engrams open or should I keep saving them until I have my 280 base?

Open the engrams. Just open one. If it's higher light level equip it then open another. Keep doing that and your light will quickly jump up. Pointless wasting marks on buying armour as drops you get will outclass it quickly. Only need to buy stuff if it has a stat roll or perks you really want

Jinjo

They need to take it back to:

Exotics
Legendary Weapons
Strange Coins

Pretty much, nightfall loot was good aside from the low amount of strange coins if you got them. The 20 they give now is good. Legendary weapons (300-310 only) are fine as rerolling is no longer an option. Armor, ghosts, sparrow items etc are an absolute slap in the face. If they wanna keep this they should atleast make it so that Nightfalls give you two loot rolls instead of one. Still, the old system is way better. Which should raise some alarm bells with Bungie when people are saying that.

Unstable

I can tell I'm out of touch w Destiny if I've been reset raiding for 14 months and then today I forgot what time reset was... whoops.
All good dude. Gave me an excuse to skip reset raiding and sleep instead =P

Also, if you're in need of PC building tech support, you know who to call PM.

Seriously tho, building a PC is just like Lego, with slightly less colors and a lot cheaper. ;)

Deku Tree

Lol guy I did a NF with got a horn toolkit... other guy got 290 boots ... twice!

I got a 310 knucklehead radar ... some 3oC and a 300 ghost (i.e. three legendary marks).

LTWood12

Lol guy I did a NF with got a horn toolkit... other guy got 290 boots ... twice!

I got a 310 knucklehead radar ... some 3oC and a 300 ghost (i.e. three legendary marks).

Sounds about right. Something something "the nightfall isn't FOR you guys though" something something

darknil

So, these weeks my Raid group has finally tackled KF on Hard, doing the challenges. This week we are finally going after Oryx.

What recommendations do you have for doing the challenge on Hard other than praying to avoid teleporting ogres and blights? I've done the challenge but only on normal.

You beat Krafty over the weekend. You've done it all now Igor.

That was a team effort :p

I've watched that match a few more times because its so funny to see krafty reacting to us haha. Each of us did a play that won a round. Biggy arcbladed a hammer and then rezzed both of us to win the round. I arcbladed to get them off my back to get drizz and then drizz used his arcblade to corner krafty and we won the (final) round etc etc. It was great lol

So, these weeks my Raid group has finally tackled KF on Hard, doing the challenges. This week we are finally going after Oryx.

What recommendations do you have for doing the challenge on Hard other than praying to avoid teleporting ogres and blights? I've done the challenge but only on normal.

Kill the Ogres fast, and the knights, the bliths will always be in the same place. Once four round shave been completed, go disarm them all together.

First ever challenge fight complete, went surprisingly simple. Even bumped me up from 313 to 315; thanks for the run guys! I'll be online in a little bit looking to run my second hunter through again to hopefully get the 320 helmet.

3oC is a terrible reward in my opinions. They should only be used as a currency sink.

Any rewards that awards the player by forcing them to play the game more to utilize that rewards is a piece of shit rewards.

3oC and Antiquated ruins should never be Nightfall/Raid rewards.

That said, I'm pretty sure your chance for an exotic doesn't reset to 0 after you get an exotic to drop.

Last week I got 10 3oC for my nightfall rewards. I saw an exotic on my 9th and 10th coins. Either RNG played me a fool twice, or the system doesn't work the way we think it does behind the scenes.

IMO, Nightfall rewards should work like this. Each character gets 1 rolls from each table.

Table 1
  • 20% 290 Random Exotic Weapon
  • 20% Exotic Weapon Engram
  • 10% 300-310 Random Legendary Weapon
  • 20% 290 Random Exotic Armor (Weighted towards current class)
  • 20% Exotic Armor Engram (Weighted towards current class)
  • 10% 300-310 Random Legendary Armor (Weighted towards current class)

Table 2
  • 20% 15-25 Strange Coins
  • 20% 20-30 Motes of Light
  • 20% 300-310 Class Item
  • 20% 300-310 Ghost
  • 10% 100 Silver
  • 10% 30-50 Random Planetary Material

tfw you suck/maybe played vs gods?

Best Mercy I ever pulled off was 3315 v 235.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXG7jSjrXvg

Sometimes the game stacks things in one sides favor. I am by no means a god, but sometimes things just come together.

Bungie is never going to give away Silver as a NF reward Kor. Otherwise I agree.

Honestly, it's a pretty standard idea, and I can't believe they haven't done it yet.

The idea being you give you players a slow drip of in-game currency, so that they actually get interested in acquiring certain items, and thus set goals. Then when they get tired of the slow drip, they just make a purchase to finish it off anyway.

Can you imagine how little a 10% chance at 100 silver is? Combine that with the fact that most emotes cost 300-400 silver. You'd have players thinking, oh hey, I got this 100 silver. If I can get 200 more, I'll get that slow clap taunt emote that looks kind of cool. Fast Forward 4 weeks later: "Fuck it! I'll just by the remaining silver to get it."

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Sometimes the game stacks things in one sides favor. I am by no means a god, but sometimes things just come together.
To be fair (to myself), I got the only two kills for our team and it was salvage and one of us bailed when it became apparent how things were going.

Ha! I thought that was you! Can't remember the match, but remember seeing you running around. Small world. :p

Still couldn't get the Camelot cloak to drop. :/

haha I was playing on my vita and I was like hmm that name sounds familiar, then I saw the clan name which confirmed. 2nd game together, I was AFK for about a minute because my vita got unplugged and almost died -_-

The same thing happened to me last iron banana. However, I did receive the package this past iron banana. So you can take some solace in knowing that your rank 5 package will be waiting for you in a months time...

Barely any solace but at least there's that. It'll probably be worthless next month and I wanted to buy the helm, AR and maybe the shotty

To make you feel better, they have deleted your post and referenced a much more mild one asking whether iron banner had ended or not...apparently that one was the first one on that topic...

Pretty lame mod editing I think.

Yea very lame. Mine shows not being able to obtain your reward or buy anything. Everyone else was wondering why it ends early or if Saladin can stay longer. I think there's value into having a topic discussed of each, but whatever. That's why I don't reddit hardly ever because of such nuisances.

3oC is a terrible reward in my opinions. They should only be used as a currency sink.

Any rewards that awards the player by forcing them to play the game more to utilize that rewards is a piece of shit rewards.

That said, I'm pretty sure your chance for an exotic doesn't reset to 0 after you get an exotic to drop.

Last week I got 10 3oC for my nightfall rewards. I saw an exotic on my 9th and 10th coins. Either RNG played me a fool twice, or the system doesn't work the way we think it does behind the scenes.

IMO, Nightfall rewards should work like this. Each character gets 1 rolls from each table.

Table 1

Table 2
  • 20% 300-310 Class Item
  • 20% 300-310 Ghost
  • 10% 100 Silver

Go work for Bungie. Pls.

Since they can be stashed, exotic engrams are a common sense solution to offering worthwhile rewards to the have and have nots. It's a bummer we don't see them offered as a reward outside of the 3oC mechanic.

Table 1

Table 2
  • 20% 300-310 Class Item
  • 20% 300-310 Ghost
  • 10% 100 Silver

Yea seriously. All good except I'd modify the 1st point and 4th point: 20% 290 Random Exotic Weapon

I'd change that to:

Table 1
  • 20% 290-310 Random Exotic Weapon
  • 20% 290-310 Random Exotic Armor (Weighted towards current class)

This is with their current light crap.

Honestly they need to overhaul their lighting system because that in and of itself is crap.

You should get 100% of the infusion when it's within 10, then the above awards are ever stronger.

WipedOut

Yea seriously. All good except I'd modify the 1st point and 4th point: 20% 290 Random Exotic Weapon

I'd change that to:

Table 1
  • 20% 290-310 Random Exotic Weapon
  • 20% 290-310 Random Exotic Armor (Weighted towards current class)

Seriously? at this point in the game the loot table needs to include up to 320 items. If that is the max LL then it should be made available to be had in all end game activities, including NF.

Seriously? at this point in the game the loot table needs to include up to 320 items. If that is the max LL then it should be made available to be had in all end game activities, including NF.

Nah, that's what hard raid/challenge mode is for.

I modified my statement to add more to it. Infusion needs to change AT LEAST getting 100% of the difference if light levels are within 10. That would change A LOT honestly.

You can never get max light via nightfalls (with the exception of HoW thanks to Etheric Lights but because no raid also). It was always during hard raid. If you want 320 light (up to), then it'd really have to go back to the old nightfall method of starting over from the very beginning, IMO. (never returning to orbit because that's a worthless and wasteful step).

Nah, that's what challenge mode is for.

I modified my statement to add more to it. Infusion needs to change AT LEAST getting 100% of the difference if light levels are within 10. That would change A LOT honestly.

You can never get max light via nightfalls. It was always during hard raid. If you want 320 light (up to), then it'd really have to go back to the old nightfall method of starting over from the very beginning, IMO. (never returning to orbit because that's a worthless and wasteful step).

I'm still of the opinions that all end game activities should drop an item that can be used by any weapon/armor that simply increases ATK/DEF values by 3-4 (Max 320).

It'll make players feel like no matter what they did, they at least made progress on something of theirs.

That was a team effort :p

I've watched that match a few more times because its so funny to see krafty reacting to us haha. Each of us did a play that won a round. Biggy arcbladed a hammer and then rezzed both of us to win the round. I arcbladed to get them off my back to get drizz and then drizz used his arcblade to corner krafty and we won the (final) round etc etc. It was great lol

Haha. It was a team effort, but props anyways. I was so tense watching it happen live.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm still of the opinions that all end game activities should drop an item that can be used by any weapon/armor that simply increases ATK/DEF values by 3-4 (Max 320).

It'll make players feel like no matter what they did, they at least made progress on something of theirs.
That's a good idea. The best items will still be the best for overall stats and special functions, so they can be chased, but you wouldn't be stuck waiting for the good shit to drop to get to a better place.

Top Bottom