• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

After Oryx CM 3x today my 320 primary collection now includes...

Hung Jury
Touch of Malice
Mida Multi-tool
Zhalo Supercell

...and I still have a 320 Doom of Chelchis that Destiny Item manager tells me will turn my 314 Nirwen's Mercy into a 320, although I don't trust it's lies one bit. Should I just go for it?

Zoso already got you covered but I was gonna mention that the infusion calculators are pretty spot on these days. It's 100% confirmed that legendaries get a minimum of 6 and exotics get a minimum of 4 light. Only really big infusion jumps are ever off by even 1 light in my experience.

KF has enormous variance for newbie groups, much more than the other raids, because there isn't nearly as much room for one person to "carry" any given encounter. There's no good way for me to gauge it ahead of time sadly. Whereas a group with basic experience in all encounters can clear Normal reliably at around the 1-hour mark, there are certain moments that can be roadblocks for newbie groups as everyone learns where things can go wrong and adjust. At the same time, not every group gets stuck at the same spots, and there's a small bit of luck involved. I would definitely recommend securing 4 hours if you can.

KF Daughters is probably the worst of all raid encounters to Sherpa. Without decent luck that thing can be a nightmare. When the one or two people who absolutely cannot do the jumps get Torn every time.... ugh. It's so bad.

Crota Bridge was much better designed to let newbies learn and comfortably fail a new challenge.

Top O' the Pops edit: I said something good about Crota's End for once. Tbh, everything before Deathsingers is excellent. DS and Scrota are straight pants though.

You guys that are actively trying to hit light level 320 are crazy.

There is no point.

Already have two characters there and just have a 319 chest piece holding back my Titan. There probably is not much reason to do it but I feel better about it anyways and might just be looking for a reason to stop playing at that point although I do enjoy maxing out other weapons and loadouts as well.

320 or not, play-time will depend upon what they have in store for the immediate future which we should be hearing about soon.

Since Luke hasn't posted here for a long time, I'll take it upon myself to remind everyone that Lv29 was a ~32% penalty for Lv30 activities and LL319 is a ~2.5% penalty for LL320 activities. Luke really doesn't like when people make this comparison, haha.

Although I'll say the fact that 320 doesn't really matter is a reason Bungie should be more liberal with 320 items, not a reason players should totally abandon caring about 320. Sure, it's functionally minor but still fun and psychologically rewarding as positive feedback for the players.

Way more players quit raiding because KF loot was too stingy than would have quit because they hit 320 too quickly.

|OT 39| #Forever319

DO IT DRIZZAY!

maybe this will bring Luke back

I never thought i'd say this.

But I think I miss paid DLC. I miss the content updates. While very short, I miss the new story missions. The new strikes. THE NEW RAIDS/END GAME CONTENT. Festival of the Lost and SRL was fun and all, but it feels like a short-term fix until Destiny 2/whatever Bungie has planned until their next activity.

Zoso already got you covered but I was gonna mention that the infusion calculators are pretty spot on these days. It's 100% confirmed that legendaries get a minimum of 6 and exotics get a minimum of 4 light. Only really big infusion jumps are ever off by even 1 light in my experience.

KF Daughters is probably the worst of all raid encounters to Sherpa. Without decent luck that thing can be a nightmare. When the one or two people who absolutely cannot do the jumps get Torn every time.... ugh. It's so bad.

Crota Bridge was much better designed to let newbies learn and comfortably fail a new challenge.

Top O' the Pops edit: I said something good about Crota's End for once. Tbh, everything before Deathsingers is excellent. DS and Scrota are straight pants though.
The reason they were sometimes off by one early on was because the rounding system was not known. It's since been confirmed that they use half-even rounding, so all calculators should be right (except if some random kid decides to make his own with no information).

Deku Tree

The infusion algorithm is well known although Bungie says they don't admit what it is because they want the ability to change it at any time based upon The way people are playing the game.

Infusing into legendaries: the minimum jump is six and you get 80% of the difference and Bungie uses "bankers rounding" for the decimal.

Infusing into exotics: the minimum jump is four and you get 70% of the difference and Bungie uses "bankers rounding" for the decimal.

The infusion material doesn't matter if it's blue, purple or yellow.

milkham

Use this app the most on iOS and it is super fast to move things around, no loadouts but I don't really miss that feature.

loadouts are coming, the android beta is based on one of their internal builds and it has loadouts so i'm sure it'll hit ios eventually

phen0m24

I just wanted to post this here in the family section. And AWOL BNG lurkers read in, you'll like this.

Have a buddy who was big into CoD and very good at PvP. He broke off to get Destiny to play with me. He brought along a bud and we did some NF, raids etc. with GAF. He hasn't touched the game after mistakenly "upgrading" his TLW from Xur that he hadalready maxed. Sad day.

Anyway he JUST bought BLOPS3 over the weekend. First question to me today?

"When is Destiny 2 coming out? CoD feels terrible after playing Destiny." :)
So what about it, lurkers? Get a reveal trailer going! :)

I just wanted to post this here in the family section. And AWOL BNG lurkers read in, you'll like this.

Have a buddy who was big into CoD and very good at PvP. He broke off to get Destiny to play with me. He brought along a bud and we did some NF, raids etc. with GAF. He hasn't touched the game after mistakenly "upgrading" his TLW from Xur that he hadalready maxed. Sad day.

"When is Destiny 2 coming out? CoD feels terrible after playing Destiny."

Was talking about this today with some guys; hopefully at E3 this year we'll see SOMETHING about Destiny 2.

"When is Destiny 2 coming out? CoD feels terrible after playing Destiny." :)

Isn't it supposed to come out this year?

Edit: NVM

I really hope bungie announces some proper dlc soon. But I get the feeling the next big thing will be vog redux. Which I'm anticipating but new dlc would be great.

Top Bottom