• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

NastyBook

Can I get in on that HM Raid? Never ran it before, so how different is it from NM? Also, brand new on that Challenge Mode, so what's the deal behind that?
PSN: GibbShift

SnakeEyes

Banned
Good runs everyone. Just another week without 320 boots.
I got 320 boots last night, with Int/Disc, but they didn't have the Sniper Ammo perk. Seriously considering infusing them into the Disc/Str boots I have instead.

What's wrong with me??!?

SheHateMe

I've uh... joined the Dark Side.

Got SW: Battlefront.

I needed a break after the BS that was IB this past week and so... Yeah.

We'll see how long I stick around there.

I got 320 boots last night, with Int/Disc, but they didn't have the Sniper Ammo perk. Seriously considering infusing them into the Disc/Str boots I have instead.

What's wrong with me??!?

Why would you want sniper ammo on boots? You can get sniper/special ammo on chest. Use boots that let you carry extra machine gun or rocket ammo.

WipedOut

320 full auto scout
310 firefly hand cannon
317 infusion scout
312 helmet
312 boots and pants
310 red death from Hm CM oryx

Why would you want sniper ammo on boots? You can get sniper/special ammo on chest. Use boots that let you carry extra machine gun or rocket ammo.

I actually have Sniper and Rocket on my Hunter's PvP boots, plus sniper on chest. So I start Trials matches w/ double sniper then switch to Rockets if it's a sweaty match or we aren't rushing heavy.

Raid boots with MG ammo are best since that bonus agility while Torn is honestly very useful (as I realized today being the runner on Grave's Warlock w/o boots). For PvP I want either Last Hope or Second Wind on Trials/IB boots.

Frenden

Banned
Can't beat 'em, MIDAswell join 'em.

(It's legit. Had some good matches right out of the gate. I should stop being such a contrarian.)

Yup, second wind for pvp is awesome.

I use sniper on chest + mg on boots for pve and sniper / rocket for pvp.

Double sniper in pvp actually lets you carry more ammo? I though it doesn't stack, cause it does not in pve.

Thanks to Team WIPE for including me on those 3 (mostly) painless Oryx CMs. We had another glitchy final detonation but otherwise not bad. Pretty good loot all around except for poor Darryl's helmets.

All 6 Oryx CMs done, hooray. It'd be a fun challenge except the glitches really kill it which makes an already long, boring fight super tedious.

Yup, second wind for pvp is awesome.

I use sniper on chest + mg on boots for pve and sniper / rocket for pvp.

Double sniper in pvp actually lets you carry more ammo? I though it doesn't stack, cause it does not in pve.

I thought either your spawn ammo or ammo from special pickups did stack. I could be totally wrong, honestly I'm not sure. It's nice to have options either way especially since some of my PvP chest pieces that have the right elemental armor and stat split have the wrong ammo.

Had a glitch last night where we detonated all 16 bombs and shot Oryx but he took no damage :(

Yeah I had several runs where the wipe screen showed 16 detonations but he had only taken 8-12 blights of damage. Even though people were shooting him the whole time, etc. I never even saw ogres teleport today since every group melted them quickly, but we still had many runs derailed by blight glitches and shade teleport death glitches.

ocean

Banned
Matchmaking at its finest: 7 consecutive matches where my team gets absolutely shit on.

Why oh why does the game pair me with the very worst people?

EL CUCO

Thanks to Team WIPE for including me on those 3 (mostly) painless Oryx CMs. We had another glitchy final detonation but otherwise not bad. Pretty good loot all around except for poor Darryl's helmets.

All 6 Oryx CMs done, hooray. It'd be a fun challenge except the glitches really kill it which makes an already long, boring fight super tedious.
Thanks for joining man. My Touch of Hawksaw was awp as hell on Oryx's chesticle huh? lol

Big shout out to Darryl for teaching me how to tether the taken thrall at the very start. They're so deadly it really makes or breaks any run /

darknil

Well, our group tried HM challenge today, it went bad, but at least we decided to quit before it mades us fight between ourselves. Someone always died because our runner was too fast.

From tomorrow I'll try to find a DGAF group since you've done it now, hopefully some people skipped reset day.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Anyone able to share HM Oryx CP?

PSN Kilau

This post is like an hour old but I have the CP if you still need it and are around.

I can load HM Oryx CP if anyone else still needs it also.

Well, our group tried HM challenge today, it went bad, but at least we decided to quit before it mades us fight between ourselves. Someone always died because our runner was too fast.

From tomorrow I'll try to find a DGAF group since you've done it now, hopefully some people skipped reset day.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Dying because the runner was too fast isn't really a thing, there's some other reason for those deaths. Ideally the runner gets the aura of immortality to the middle for everyone ASAP. The faster the better really. Not sure what else would've been going on that made it seem like fast running was a problem. If you can elaborate more on exactly what was causing the deaths I can elaborate more on some advice.

Trakan

Brsn0rr.gif

Aim assist? Pfft, what's that?

nowai

I thought either your spawn ammo or ammo from special pickups did stack. I could be totally wrong, honestly I'm not sure. It's nice to have options either way especially since some of my PvP chest pieces that have the right elemental armor and stat split have the wrong ammo.

It's on spawn. If you have double snipe ammo for example, you spawn with 12 shots. Max is still 23.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Because I use those boots for the Raid where extra Sniper ammo is helpful, i.e. Warpriest, Golgoroth, and Oryx :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
fun CM runs tonight guys, thanks to all :)

have you guys played transformers: devastation? it's like bayonetta with autobots

Was going to get my first Oryx cm completed today since it's the hot day, but a problem at work happened so had to deal with that for the last 5 hours. Sigh.

Hopefully find a group tomorrow.

4. Two more?

Once again this post is kinda old but just post again if you're still looking for the CP. Already did 8 CM clears yesterday so sadly I don't really have time to stay and help, haha.

Usually around 3:30-5am EST is the deadest thread time but you could always risk LFG if you still needed 2 more people.

CLBridges

Just tried the Black spindle mission solo and wow, it gets hectic lol. Got the boss down to about half health but I'm sure I'll be able to complete it when I'm less tired. Probably will look to get a fireteam going later to make sure it's one and done. Old news to most of you but I'm still new to TTK content :)

Once again this post is kinda old but just post again if you're still looking for the CP. Already did 8 CM clears yesterday so sadly I don't really have time to stay and help, haha.

Usually around 3:30-5am EST is the deadest thread time but you could always risk LFG if you still needed 2 more people.

Yea, it's fine--figured it was worth a shot at a late night raid.
Will try again on Friday when I'm back.

Top Bottom