• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Got all 6 King's Fall raids done and this was the highlight of the day.]

Lol yep I had that happen to me once. Super annoying especially since it was a newbie run and I'd finally gotten torn for the second cycle.

The other day we killed the right one first for science but it's not really any better. You still have to clear adds and the second cycle starts immediately after the first timer ends so you don't necessarily gain time. You can avoid snipers but who cares about that.

Edit: dat page top. Pics of graves characters. Full Harrowed armor sets on all 3 classes except "only" 310 NM Warlock helm, 320 Touch of Malice:

fKcrs8C.jpg

13Oo6KT.jpg

eWnPAS0.jpg

Started from LL 140 about 3.5 weeks ago. Craziness.

Grave is a higher level than me lol. Mostly because i dont care about getting my light level up since the first Oryx challenge. So pointless.

E92 M3

Challenge mode basically nullified the grind. I could see it as admittance of guilt by Bungie, but who knows really.

WipedOut

Challenge mode basically nullified the grind. I could see it as admittance of guilt by Bungie, but who knows really.

New players have it way easier with the inclusion of Decent IB drops, Trials Bounties, 3oC's and of Course Challenge Mode. I remember it taking months for me to get to 310+ on the bone but just 3 weeks on the PS4. SRL helped a ton.

Thanks team WIPE, Drizzay and Sun last night for the 3x CM HM runs. . still no HM helmet. Maybe next week. . but I do have like 5 320 primary that I can use to infuse other stuff. I just don't know which primaries are worth it.

E92 M3

New players have it way easier with the inclusion of Decent IB drops, Trials Bounties, 3oC's and of Course Challenge Mode. I remember it taking months for me to get to 310+ on the bone but just 3 weeks on the PS4. SRL helped a ton.

Yep, months of play to just get 310 lol.

Nothus

This is what is making me think that the level cap is going to be raised soon. As each week passes it's going to be easier to reach 319 or even 320 for those who do the challenges.

There isn't really an end game right now, so unless Bungie thinks that these sporadic timed events are enough to keep us going until September, something has to change.

My guess? This 'major' event they have lined up will raise the level cap. It might even coincide with new versions of old raids/strikes that are updated for higher light levels.

Deku Tree

This is what is making me think that the level cap is going to be raised soon. As each week passes it's going to be easier to reach 319 or even 320 for those who do the challenges.

There isn't really an end game right now, so unless Bungie thinks that these sporadic timed events are enough to keep us going until September, something has to change.

My guess? This 'major' event they have lined up will raise the level cap. It might even coincide with new versions of old raids/strikes that are updated for higher light levels.

Bungie said the second content infusion of 2016 is going to be the largest since TTK launched. I expect that to come in March or possibly May but more likely March. I guess it would be expansion sized content without a raid but with some end game activity hopefully. If it has a new PvE end game activity, then we will get a light level cap increase.

WipedOut

Yep, months of play to just get 310 lol.

Starting over as a new player on a different console has been way more satisfying. Always getting something new. 9/10 it's increasing my level and sooo much stuff to unlock. With that being said, not sure how the hell I'm going to get all the year 1 exotics again though. unless I buy legacy engrams which are not worth it at this time.

Raven117

Grave is a higher level than me lol. Mostly because i dont care about getting my light level up since the first Oryx challenge. So pointless.
Same here.

Took down oryx hm challenge and now simply play on request.

I don't bemoan the ocd of players wanting to hit 320, but for all practical purposes it's merely cosmetic.

I really hope bungie announces something soon!

Tri4

Holy shit I just accidentally decrypted an exotic engram while in my 299 light gear >.>

Edit: anyone wanna got through the nightfall? I wanna get the arc flayer cloak and get it done on my titan.

I did Oryx challenge 3X last night with my usual group. Shoutouts to Wideout for jumping in on the last run.

3x 320 ARs which I infused(320 ToM, 320 Zhalo, and 318 Mida now)
2x Radiance Dance Machines
And a bunch of artifacts for some reason

I've also just been infusing all my 320 gear into my go to PvP/Trials gear now. Fashion over levels guys.

It also look like the Gunsmith has the bullet hose AR with counter balance? I might finally get to know what the best version of the Doctrine is like.

E92 M3

I actually like that I could play Destiny for a few hours a week and feel good about not missing out lol. Not looking forward to that level cap increase haha.

Starting over as a new player on a different console has been way more satisfying. Always getting something new. 9/10 it's increasing my level and sooo much stuff to unlock. With that being said, not sure how the hell I'm going to get all the year 1 exotics again though. unless I buy legacy engrams which are not worth it at this time.

You know where your home is at ;)

I just got Oryx CM's Fragment (+ Insight for getting all 50) today. I then went ahead and picked up the 4 new Dead Ghosts.

I'm at 4860. Missing 5 points in the Sidearm card and 15 points in the Rumble card. 4880 is the current max right?

Sorry I'm late for this.

4895 is the current max for PS4.

Chances are you're missing the hidden Doubles grimoire score. The card appears to be a 1 off 5 points or something, but it actually works like the older pvp playlists that require
  • Rank 1 - 25 wins - 5pts
  • Rank 2 - 50 wins - 5 pts
  • Rank 3 - 100 wins - 5 pts

I think that's your missing 15.

Note that this went into effect during Taken King, so if you played a bunch of doubles before then, they count for nothing. If you had 99 wins in August of last year, your grimoire started at zero in September.

WipedOut

I actually like that I could play Destiny for a few hours a week and feel good about not missing out lol. Not looking forward to that level cap increase haha.

You know where your home is at ;)

Right now there is literally no reason for me to play on the bone until new content drops, I'm not going to continue to grind for 1 or 2 more LL.

darknil

Dying because the runner was too fast isn't really a thing, there's some other reason for those deaths. Ideally the runner gets the aura of immortality to the middle for everyone ASAP. The faster the better really. Not sure what else would've been going on that made it seem like fast running was a problem. If you can elaborate more on exactly what was causing the deaths I can elaborate more on some advice.

Sorry about the lack of details hehe.

Basically we discovered after attempt 10 was that as soon as the runner is down, Oryx shoots the first platform killing anyone there. Since the runner was fast, we were in the middle of killing the third ogre, so getting down to the center made us bait to the 2 remaining ogres.

On my team everyone was 314+ except from one, that was a Titan with me floating killing ogres, one of our group said the strategy was to put his bubble with blessing in the middle once the runner had the relic, never understood why myself and now I'm beginning to think he should have used it while floating to kill ogres / recharge his ToM.

When you guys put general advice, you speak of the need for 2 titans (blessing and weapons), can you elaborate on that need?

The more I think about this Raid, the more I hate the no-revives rule on Hard, the most exciting time I've had on Destiny was recovering from an almost wipe on PoE. I miss the recovery feeling.

Gammacide

Thanks to Kaikken, lostsupper, Taffy, 5th, and VictIm for the crazy quick raid and CM clear, 60 minutes end to end
Yeah, that was maybe the smoothest run ever. Can't believe the challenge went so cleanly, but so glad it did. Nothing worse than wasting time on the calamities that sometimes ensue at cm oryx. Looking forward to our next raid/challenge already. :)

LTWood12

Which primary should I infuse to 320 next gaf?

318-Red Death
316-Touch of Malice
312-Doctrine of Passing (hidden hand)
302-Haakon's Hatchet (Battle Runner, Perfect Balance, Third Eye)
298-Suros PDX-45 (Perfect Balance, Hidden Hand, Rifled Barrell)

Thanks Doc for filling in for Mars. Had a lot of fun tonight.

Glad I didn't completely leave y'all in a lurch. It sucks we couldn't complete it before I had to drop. Oryx just kept cheating us: failing to stagger, failing to take bomb damage, only taking half bomb damage, killing us when it ended the shade phase, etc.

Anybody else during an Oryx CM sometime this week/weekend? I'd still like to get the HM helm at some point.

GunnerZ

318-Red Death
316-Touch of Malice
Touch of Malice.

E92 M3

Right now there is literally no reason for me to play on the bone until new content drops, I'm not going to continue to grind for 1 or 2 more LL.

All that matter is that you're having a good time!

318-Red Death
316-Touch of Malice

I took my Malice to 320, great insurance policy and it else helped with a few clutch kills.

LTWood12

Glad I didn't completely leave y'all in a lurch. It sucks we couldn't complete it before I had to drop. Oryx just kept cheating us: failing to stagger, failing to take bomb damage, only taking half bomb damage, killing us when it ended the shade phase, etc.

Anybody else during an Oryx CM sometime this week/weekend? I'd still like to get the HM helm at some point.

We only did it twice last night, so we all need it the third time. Yeah there was a lot of bullshit going on last night. One person dying to Doxology but no one else dying. Detonating 16 bombs yet only doing like a 1/3 of the damage. I'm pretty sure at one point we detonated 3 runs in a row but something went wrong. I'd much rather wipe at the beginning than wipe after executing the fight perfectly 3 times in a row only to get fucked over.

Touch of Malice.

I took my Malice to 320, great insurance policy and it else helped with a few clutch kills.

Pragmatic Gaf. Yeah that's the right call. Getting the Ogres down even a second faster is probably worth it.

WipedOut

We only did it twice last night, so we all need it the third time. Yeah there was a lot of bullshit going on last night. One person dying to Doxology but no one else dying. Detonating 16 bombs yet only doing like a 1/3 of the damage. I'm pretty sure at one point we detonated 3 runs in a row but something went wrong. I'd much rather wipe at the beginning than wipe after executing the fight perfectly 3 times in a row only to get fucked over.

Pragmatic Gaf. Yeah that's the right call. Getting the Ogres down even a second faster is probably worth it.

Outside of oryx there really is not reason to have a +310 Primary, well maybe trials but that's it. I pumped my 317 into my Malice, kept the 320 Full auto Scout, well because for me it's been rare AF.

LTWood12

Touch of Malice.

Outside of oryx there really is not reason to have a +310 Primary, well maybe trials but that's it. I pumped my 317 into my Malice, kept the 320 Full auto Scout, well because for me it's been rare AF.

For sure. Taking Red Death from 318 to 320 would be nothing more than for vanity sake. All the others are PVP primaries, and do the work needed at their current values already.

Yeah I've still never gotten the Scout with Full Auto. I've actually only ever gotten 3 Scout Rifles. Gotten countless Zhouli's, Smites, & Anguish.

Current 320 Primaries are:
Smite (Firefly)
HJ (Vendor)
Nirwen's Mercy (Vendor)

edit: I'm tired as fuck.

Deku Tree

Honestly that all sounds like bad lag. Were people red bar? Did you try going to orbit? Changing hosts to the player with the best internet?

Honestly that all sounds like bad lag. Were people red bar? Did you try going to orbit? Changing hosts to the player with the best internet?

We went to orbit afterwards and it didn't happen again. Later we had a similar issue but I think we just didn't get to the bombs faster.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
which is haakon's hatchet?
Yep it actually seemed to be fixed once we left and came back.
That's true now that I think about it. The only wretchedness after we did that came on that one where we got all 16 but only did a tiny amount of damage, and that was definitely from waiting too long before detonating cause we got it on the next try.

darknil

Tired of RNG I bought the vendor version of the IB auto rifle. I'm loving it more than I should do, I'm preferring way over my Paleocontact (vendor).

Also, is it normal than in the last week I've received 6 Bad Jujus? I don't particularly grind, just used ToC on IB and on 1 char I got it on NF. Funny thing is that I still don't have a Hard Light.

WipedOut

For sure. Taking Red Death from 318 to 320 would be nothing more than for vanity sake. All the others are PVP primaries, and do the work needed at their current values already.

Yeah I've still never gotten the Scout with Full Auto. I've actually only ever gotten 3 Scout Rifles. Gotten countless Zhouli's, Smites, & Anguish.

Current 320 Primaries are:
Smite (Firefly)
HJ (Vendor)
Nirwen's Mercy (Vendor)

edit: I'm tired as fuck.
So wish I would have played IB when Nirwen's for sale, that thing is still a beast.

Yeah, always seems to be one weapon that is rare for everyone. So far mine has been the Pulse on PS4 and it was the Scout on Xbox.

320 Primaries on XB
Smite (Firefly)
Touch of Malice
Hung Jury (Vendor)

Sorry about the lack of details hehe.

Basically we discovered after attempt 10 was that as soon as the runner is down, Oryx shoots the first platform killing anyone there. Since the runner was fast, we were in the middle of killing the third ogre, so getting down to the center made us bait to the 2 remaining ogres.

On my team everyone was 314+ except from one, that was a Titan with me floating killing ogres, one of our group said the strategy was to put his bubble with blessing in the middle once the runner had the relic, never understood why myself and now I'm beginning to think he should have used it while floating to kill ogres / recharge his ToM.

When you guys put general advice, you speak of the need for 2 titans (blessing and weapons), can you elaborate on that need?

The more I think about this Raid, the more I hate the no-revives rule on Hard, the most exciting time I've had on Destiny was recovering from an almost wipe on PoE. I miss the recovery feeling.

the two titans are on the ground, between the daughter's platforms. one uses blessing, and the other weapons (both with illuminated and bastion).
the two of them pop the bubbles right after Oryx slams and proceed to melt the ogres and also take out the last knight.
immediately after the runner has the relic, everyone should collapse to the bubbles in the middle and from there, eliminate any remaining knights after having the blessing and weapons buffs apply to them. many needless deaths can be eliminated by doing so.

LTWood12

which is haakon's hatchet?

That's true now that I think about it. The only wretchedness after we did that came on that one where we got all 16 but only did a tiny amount of damage, and that was definitely from waiting too long before detonating cause we got it on the next try.

Mid RoF (Monte Carlo tier) Iron Banner Auto Rifle.
VDgnUzhl.png

That and T-44 choking in the last round on Mars' last run :)

Namikaze1

Here's my list of 320 primaries:

3 Hung Jurys (I love everything about the gun and it's why I have 3 of them for PvE purposes)
Touch of Malice
Nirwen's Mercy (vendor one. This fucking gun... I love it so much. My main PvP primary weapon.)
Smite (firefly)

Deku Tree

Ok I'm gonna pick up the Suros Pulse or three of them from the gunsmith later on. It is a Nirwin clone, and hopefully Bungie brings a god roll for it sometime soon.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Explosive rounds are delish for PvE, especially vs cabal shield assholes.

EL CUCO

It's alot more pleasant running CM 3x than having to do that whole long and drawn out KF Raid with crappy rewards 3x.

Also, is it normal than in the last week I've received 6 Bad Jujus? I don't particularly grind, just used ToC on IB and on 1 char I got it on NF. Funny thing is that I still don't have a Hard Light.

You've been blessed by RNG. Never got Y2 Bad Juju to drop for me, and ToC just gives me chest engram after chest engram with a few special weapon ones sprinkled in.

Desperately coveting the Jade Rabbit. I want it now, and I want it bad.

Top Bottom