• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

You've been blessed by RNG. Never got Y2 Bad Juju to drop for me, and ToC just gives me chest engram after chest engram with a few special weapon ones sprinkled in.

Desperately coveting the Jade Rabbit. I want it now, and I want it bad.

me too, kreep. :/
that, and the titan exotic pants - the ones with the air dodge.

Deku Tree

It's alot more pleasant running CM 3x than having to do that whole long and drawn out KF Raid with crappy rewards 3x.

image.php

I like doing the whole thing, for fun. And with a solid group you can one or two shot everything in around one hour.

Sorry about the lack of details hehe.

Basically we discovered after attempt 10 was that as soon as the runner is down, Oryx shoots the first platform killing anyone there. Since the runner was fast, we were in the middle of killing the third ogre, so getting down to the center made us bait to the 2 remaining ogres.

On my team everyone was 314+ except from one, that was a Titan with me floating killing ogres, one of our group said the strategy was to put his bubble with blessing in the middle once the runner had the relic, never understood why myself and now I'm beginning to think he should have used it while floating to kill ogres / recharge his ToM.

When you guys put general advice, you speak of the need for 2 titans (blessing and weapons), can you elaborate on that need?

The more I think about this Raid, the more I hate the no-revives rule on Hard, the most exciting time I've had on Destiny was recovering from an almost wipe on PoE. I miss the recovery feeling.

A very common strategy for cm goes as follows:

1 runner (any class)
3 platform holders (any class, each designated 1, 2, and 3)
2 mid (titans)

Start the encounter, make orbs with tethers, keep the orbs centrilized if possible. This keeps the titans supers full.

Oryx slams. Runner and #1 go to that platform. #2 to next platform, #3 to next platform. Titans pop blessing and weapons in mid.

Runner grabs relic asap. #1 throws grenade on their ogre/shoots it. Titans help melt ogre with dual ToM fire, going back and forth in bubbles to reset ToM self damage. (Using sniper on 2nd and 4th ogre also helps regeneration health, if an issue).

#2 and #3 do the same for their ogres. Titans help with all 4 ogres.

Once a platform holders ogre is dead they watch knight spawn. Kill with sniper or heavy. Once runner has relic, call it out. All platform holders go to mid right away for safety of bubble.

Runner gets to mid, kill warden, kill 4th knight, dps oryx, kill adds. Tether if orbs are an issue.

Get teleported. Tether and/or blessing help if you can spare them.

Repeat.

There's a lot that can go wrong but normally things go well. Unfortunately if one person dies it's basically a wipe. I've seen teams 5 man it with little problem before (Holy Divers).

Did I miss anything? Lol.

Namikaze1

Hopefully there are folks available this weekend to do totems-daughters. Did one full raid followed by two Oryx CM only runs yesterday.

Namikaze1

I got a glove exotic engram from WP last night, it was my first one used in over a week. I just got more 3oC from the NF yesterday.
I bought 70 ToCs last weekend. Had 4 left from from the 30 I had the previous week. Currently have 51 left. There's nothing for me to buy from Xur other than ToCs. I would buy engrams to store them but Xur hasn't sold year 2 engrams in a while.

Deku Tree

I bought 70 ToCs last weekend. Had 4 left from from the 30 I had the previous week. Currently have 51 left. There's nothing for me to buy from Xur other than ToCs. I would buy engrams to store them but Xur hasn't sold year 2 engrams in a while.

I need to buy the TG and the Tarantella from Xur if he ever sells them.

darknil

the two of them pop the bubbles right after Oryx slams and proceed to melt the ogres and also take out the last knight.

Thanks, that was one of our mistakes, we didn't deploy the bubble then, but at the end (bad communication on the strat it seems)

You've been blessed by RNG. Never got Y2 Bad Juju to drop for me, and ToC just gives me chest engram after chest engram with a few special weapon ones sprinkled in.

Another funny thing, I just received my 3rd Jade Rabbit. For you it's the Jade Rabbit, for me it's the Suros and Hard Light ._.

I've separated weapons for each of my chars because I grew tired of switching weapons for levels and stuff, also, I tried giving each weapon type to every char. Since I don't have any 320 primary, here's my list:

Warlock:
- IB Auto Rifle (vendor)
- Hung Jury (vendor)
- Nirwen's Mercy (vendor)
- TLW
- Bad Juju

Titan:
- Dis-43 (the max stability one)
- MIDA
- Suros Regime
- Hawksaw
- IB HC (vendor)
- The Dealbreaker (with Rangefinder but I'm not sold on this)

Hunter:
- Jade Rabbit
- NTTE
- Red Spectre (with rangefinder)
- Hawkmoon
- Dis-43 (with max range)

Bench:
- Zhalo
- ToM
- Red Death

Any suggestions?

Oculus Rift pre-orders become available in 11 minutes. Really curious about the price point. Anybody getting one....

**Far fetched Destiny tie-in** .....in case Destiny 2 releases on PC with ORift support?

Edit: link- https://www.oculus.com/en-us/

I'm going to wait for reviews + more software.

I used to be an early adopter, but now, I can wait.

Edit: $599 seems about right, but then you factor in the cost of the PC to run it as well. I can wait.

LTWood12

Here's my list of 320 primaries:

3 Hung Jurys (I love everything about the gun and it's why I have 3 of them for PvE purposes)
Touch of Malice
Nirwen's Mercy (vendor one. This fucking gun... I love it so much. My main PvP primary weapon.)
Smite (firefly)

It's a beautiful thing.

I've only ever gotten one JR back in the early days of 2.0. Still sitting in my vault at 290 unupgraded. Keep waiting for a 310 to drop but it doesn't happen.

I haven't seen an exotic engram drop in a long ass while. Used 37 ToCs so far. Nada.

I can't remember the last time I had a primary or special engram drop. I bet it's been a month.

Namikaze1

Shit. $599. Over $900 for Canadians.

Oh god. Not made of money. Will wait for the next revision. Or when I have money. Tons and tons of money.

Damn. If Oculus costs that much, PSVR is looking like it'll be $399 to $499. The Valve VR headset probably even more than the Oculus Rift.

Of the two, I'm more interested in PSVR since I game more on PS. But still excited for VR nonetheless.

WeTeHa

Anybody willing to run 5 pvp matches in a fireteam with me for shaxx's weekly bounty?

We don't have to win, just complete 5 matches.

Also, what's the shortest pvp mode? Mayhem Clash?

is their shop link overloaded? lol

Haha yeah must have gotten hit hard, I was just able to load it now. $599 + tax and shipping is maybe not surprising but definitely way more than I'd spend now just out of curiosity. Excited to start hearing more impressions once it's out.

Namikaze1

You wasted 2 guns worth of infusion material for duplicate 320 HJ's?
I didn't waste anything because as I said in that quote, I love everything about the gun. Don't like most of the primaries I have for PvE. The only PvP stuff I do are Trials and IB and I already have a PvP weapon at 320. Don't care about TLW so it'll remain at 310. Till I find another primary weapon I like for either PvE or PvP, most will stay at their current values. I have 3 because it's my favorite primary weapon in the game for PvE and only the smite with firefly comes close to it.

What level does my TLW has to be to infuse it to 320? 315?

Dont want to be stuck at 319.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Haha yeah must have gotten hit hard, I was just able to load it now. $599 + tax and shipping is maybe not surprising but definitely way more than I'd spend now just out of curiosity. Excited to start hearing more impressions once it's out.

Weird it comes with an Xbox One controller? Why?
j54sn6Q.png

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I didn't waste anything because as I said in that quote, I love everything about the gun. Don't like most of the primaries I have for PvE. The only PvP stuff I do are Trials and IB and I already have a PvP weapon at 320. Don't care about TLW so it'll remain at 310. Till I find another primary weapon I like for either PvE or PvP, most will stay at their current values. I have 3 because it's my favorite primary weapon in the game for PvE and only the smite with firefly comes close to it.

You could have saved that stuff and just transferred HJ between chars....

To each their own I guess. o_O

Namikaze1

You could have saved that stuff and just transferred HJ between chars....

To each their own I guess. o_O
This is like asking why did folks have 3 Gjallarhorns during year 1 when they could have just transfer one around.

It's because I like the gun enough to have multiple copies. Simple as that. Don't feel like dealing with the hassle of transferring stuff around every time I switch characters to do PvE stuff.

We only did it twice last night, so we all need it the third time. Yeah there was a lot of bullshit going on last night. One person dying to Doxology but no one else dying. Detonating 16 bombs yet only doing like a 1/3 of the damage. I'm pretty sure at one point we detonated 3 runs in a row but something went wrong. I'd much rather wipe at the beginning than wipe after executing the fight perfectly 3 times in a row only to get fucked over.

I will be around, need that 3rd kill myself, and def want to help you get it done John, especially after all those close calls.

Thanks, guys. I'm fairly flexible on times, with later in the night being better, and Friday being the best day, but I won't be picky.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
This is like asking why did folks have 3 Gjallarhorns during year 1 when they could have just transfer one around.

It's because I like the gun enough to have multiple copies. Simple as that. Don't feel like dealing with the hassle of transferring stuff around every time I switch characters to do PvE stuff.

But GHorns dropped at their max power. No need to infuse - just level.

It's cool man, it's your preferred way of doing things. For me the transferring is trivial since before TTK. I use Ishtar cmndr on my iPad. Takes seconds.

Namikaze1

Anyone knows how to get rid of this stupid postmaster bug? This is getting annoying. Close to deleting the game and reinstalling it. Hate that every time I load the tower on my Titan, the postmaster has an icon over her head and nothing waiting for me.

nowai

Thanks team WIPE, Drizzay and Sun last night for the 3x CM HM runs. . still no HM helmet. Maybe next week. . but I do have like 5 320 primary that I can use to infuse other stuff. I just don't know which primaries are worth it.

I'm in the same spot. I have four 320 primaries and my ToM is currently 314. I am debating sacrificing two of them to bring it to 320, or wait until I get something in between first so I don't have to use two of my max light items.

Anyone knows how to get rid of this stupid postmaster bug? This is getting annoying. Close to deleting the game and reinstalling it. Hate that every time I load the tower on my Titan, the postmaster has an icon over her head and nothing waiting for me.

Time to switch mains then :p

Hunter master race has no icon on postmaster, its a sign.

Unfortunately i do not know how to fix this glitch. Destiny has some weird glitches.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Have you tried intentionally not picking up some items so there is something waiting for you?

WipedOut

Unfortunately i do not know how to fix this glitch. Destiny has some weird glitches.

It's due to getting the New Monarchy Ship, it will go away eventually. I think I had it for about 2 weeks then one day signed in and it was gone.

Nothus

Have you tried deliberately sending something to the postmaster, and then clearing your build up of mail in the hope that the icon will go?

Edit: What Dice said :p

Namikaze1

But GHorns dropped at their max power. No need to infuse - just level.

It's cool man, it's your preferred way of doing things. For me the transferring is trivial since before TTK. I use Ishtar cmndr on my iPad. Takes seconds.
And most guns in year 2 don't drop with perfect rolls which is another reason why I don't infuse stuff into other weapons. The vendor HJ has good rolls. If guns dropped with good rolls, I wouldn't need to have 3 HJs at 320. Don't care much about HCs this time around. A 310 TLW is still good enough for me if I ever decide to pull it out from the vault. When most of the primary weapons I have on me have crappy perks, there's no point in infusing stuff on to them.

Most of my exotic weapons are at 310. Don't see any point in getting a lot of them up to 320 when I use just three (ToM, Spindle, Truth).

Most of my legendary weapons have crappy perks with the exception of a few. And aside from one, those few aren't even primary weapons. I have a Doctrine with the much sought after Doctrine roll at 317 but I'm not a fan of the weapon type. Tried using it a few times but just not my type.

It was the Hunter Master Race that got the bug first. It just somehow fixed itself on my Hunter and moved on to my Titan. It's been on my Titan now for days. Got hit with the bug last week.

Have you tried intentionally not picking up some items so there is something waiting for you?

Have you tried deliberately sending something to the postmaster, and then clearing your build up of mail in the hope that the icon will go?

Edit: What Dice said :p
Tried it many times. Doesn't work. :(

Even made sure to fill the postmaster up with lost engrams and whatnot just to see if it'll go away.

Most of my exotic weapons are at 310. Don't see any point in getting a lot of them up to 320 when I use just three (ToM, Spindle, Truth).

The main thing keeping me from infusing most of my exotic weapons now is exotic shards. I have around 30 but would rather hoard them as I don't get as many these days.

Anyone who picked up the Omolon Cocytus SR4 scout rifle Armsday Order last week is in for a treat as the Gunsmith has it with Triple Tap, Rifled Barrel, and Firefly.

It is essentially Gheleon's Demise without Outlaw. Hard-hitting, max range, and explosions.

Namikaze1

The main thing keeping me from infusing most of my exotic weapons now is exotic shards. I have around 30 but would rather hoard them as I don't get as many these days.
I have roughly 100 shards. I mostly spend those shards on exotic armor. I honestly don't like most of the exotic weapons and armors. Hell, I stopped using the GOAT Saint 14 helm back in early December. Only armor I'm focusing on getting to 320 are the fast revive armors for Trials and the faction exotics.

Oh, and Bones of Eao. Forgot about that one.

May get Tarantella, Impossible Machines, Armamentarium, and Twlight Garrison to 320.

Sh0k

Has it ever been discussed how to get the "Fatal Vision" ship listed in the Ship kiosk? The description is vague and it only says to finish the Taken King. I've done that with all three characters, even making sure to finish all the Taken King abandoned quests with one of my characters, but I have no luck getting the ship.

Deku Tree

Has it ever been discussed how to get the "Fatal Vision" ship listed in the Ship kiosk? The description is vague and it only says to finish the Taken King. I've done that with all three characters, even making sure to finish all the Taken King abandoned quests with one of my characters, but I have no luck getting the ship.

No one has it. Probably bugged.

Time gated till further notice. We were expecting it to unlock with the challenge modes and 50 fragments, but it didn't.

Bungle even teased the ship during their PSX event, the accounts on the show floor all had fatal vision.

ocean

Banned
I have roughly 100 shards. I mostly spend those shards on exotic armor. I honestly don't like most of the exotic weapons and armors. Hell, I stopped using the GOAT Saint 14 helm back in early December. Only armor I'm focusing on getting to 320 are the fast revive armors for Trials and the faction exotics.

Oh, and Bones of Eao. Forgot about that one.

May get Tarantella, Impossible Machines, Armamentarium, and Twlight Garrison to 320.
Exotics I like enough to infuse past 310:
TLW
ToM
MIDA
Black Spindle

Knucklehead Radar
Hunter Double-Knife Gauntlets (forgot name. Sealed whatevershits)
BONES
Impossible Machines
Voidfang Vestments
Ruin Wings
Armamentarium
Quick-revive armor

...I'm never gonna 320 all this stuff. Which is why I believe the infuse system is a steaming pile of shit. Etheric Light was far, far superior but then again, so were most things re: loot back in HoW.

WeTeHa

Man, I just did the exotic sword strike with 2 matchmade randoms (who sounded veeeeery young but were quite nice :p), and I got all 3 exotic swords at the same time.

That was awesome.

Gammacide

Thing I'm infusing next to 320 is.....

...Iron Camelot cloak for the hunter :)

let the salt flow
Not salty, but drop rates in Crucible in general let alone IB have been seriously cracked for a little while now. We used to get tons of useful equipment and now we are lucky we get a weapon at all (or I get 7 of the same helm, all at middling lls). Can't wait to get that cloak next IB tho. I'll be all Starked out for my return to Winterfell in the following months. :p

Trakan

If you're saved any gunsmith orders for the Arminius/Zarinea Autorifles, they both have counterbalance/braced frame rolls this week.

Top Bottom