• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Namikaze1

Exotics I like enough to infuse past 310:
TLW
ToM
MIDA
Black Spindle

Knucklehead Radar
Hunter Double-Knife Gauntlets (forgot name. Sealed whatevershits)
BONES
Impossible Machines
Voidfang Vestments
Ruin Wings
Armamentarium
Quick-revive armor

...I'm never gonna 320 all this stuff. Which is why I believe the infuse system is a steaming pile of shit. Etheric Light was far, far superior but then again, so were most things re: loot back in HoW.
I pretty much am done infusing exotic weapons up to 320. Only one I have to work on is Truth. ToM is 320 as of yesterday and Spindle has been 320 since the first Warpriest Challenge Mode. Don't care much for any other weapon but when/if Necrochasm, Mythoclast, or Gjallarhorn get year 2 versions, those will be the only other weapons I'll be infusing up to 320.

Armor is what I'm currently working on.

Titan's Alpha Lupi is at 314
Bones at 318
Impossible Machines I believe are 312.
Saint 14 is 317 (can be 320 if I decide to infuse one of my spare 320 SRL helmets)

I got a 310 SUROS Regime from the weekly Crucible bounty last night, and while I really wanted to like the gun, it just feels bad. I wish I hadn't infused my SUROS ARI-45, it was the best PvP auto rifle that I've used thus far.

One of my Haakon's Hatchet rolls was pretty good, so that'll be my go-to for now.

I think the biggest problem with infusion is that the 100% gain threshold is so low. I've seen a lot of good ideas thrown around but I think one of the best ones was that moldering shards should be a consumable that raises anythings LL up 1.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I got a 310 SUROS Regime from the weekly Crucible bounty last night, and while I really wanted to like the gun, it just feels bad. I wish I hadn't infused my SUROS ARI-45, it was the best PvP auto rifle that I've used thus far.

One of my Haakon's Hatchet rolls was pretty good, so that'll be my go-to for now.

I think SUROS works really well as a mid-range AR just be sure you're using spinning up.

I got a god roll Haakon's Hatchet: ORES, Rodeo, Perfect Balance/Smallbore, Counter Balance. I run it with Smallbore and the thing has range and handling out the wazoo. Only downside is 32 instead of 36 in the clip.

Gammacide

I think the biggest problem with infusion is that the 100% gain threshold is so low. I've seen a lot of good ideas thrown around but I think one of the best ones was that moldering shards should be a consumable that raises anythings LL up 1.
I love this idea. Even if its 20 per ll, I would love to put them to a guaranteed use.

edukate

Yeah, I'm pretty much done until the next expansion.

I'm working/ stuck with a sexy 319. Sublimed out with the ps exclusive armor set and some radiant dance machines to give the ascendant shader and black spindle a pop- Intellect and discipline both >300.

At this point I'm just running raids and pve for infusion fodder... The next bungie weekly update better be a substantive preview of things to come.

Psn LuckyDoobage

I think SUROS works really well as a mid-range AR just be sure you're using spinning up.

I got a god roll Haakon's Hatchet: ORES, Rodeo, Perfect Balance/Smallbore, Counter Balance. I run it with Smallbore and the thing has range and handling out the wazoo. Only downside is 32 instead of 36 in the clip.

My Haakon's Hatchet roll is pretty much the same, except that I have Glass Half Full instead of Counter-balance.

Yeah, I used the Regime with Spinning Up and it just felt wrong. It might have more to do with my style of play.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I suck at sniping but I know my grenades.

4RqkeF4.gif

I need some fucking chest engrams for the Twilight Garrison and Tarentella but exotics hardly drop. I got one last week and it decrypted into a 310 Crest of Alpha Lupi.

so i'm doing the imprecation quest.
I guess I have to infuse it past 280 in order to check that box?
also, I know that the killing spree can be done outside of the crucible, but what qualifies as a killing spree?
thanks in advance.

Tri4

so i'm doing the imprecation quest.
I guess I have to infuse it past 280 in order to check that box?
also, I know that the killing spree can be done outside of the crucible, but what qualifies as a killing spree?
thanks in advance.
I just did it a few days ago (got my first curse today :D) and it was relatively simple.

-Infuse up to 260 which unlocks triple tap I believe
-get 7 headshots in PvE with one mag I think. I did it without noticing
-7 headshots in PvP. Doesn't have to be in one life but has to be in one game

Deku Tree

thanks, guys!

The gun has a six round mag, so you have to get three quick head shot kills and proc triple tap in order to get the seven kills. The hallway in siege of the warmind is a decent place to do this... or the walkway toward dark blade at the end of the dark blade strike (however you only have one chance to do it here so that sucks).

darknil

Anyone who picked up the Omolon Cocytus SR4 scout rifle Armsday Order last week is in for a treat as the Gunsmith has it with Triple Tap, Rifled Barrel, and Firefly.

It is essentially Gheleon's Demise without Outlaw. Hard-hitting, max range, and explosions.

Thanks for the recommendation, I picked it last week since I thought it was never sold before. I'm picking the gunsmith orders like that.

The gun has a six round mag, so you have to get three quick head shot kills and proc triple tap in order to get the seven kills. The hallway in siege of the warmind is a decent place to do this... or the walkway toward dark blade at the end of the dark blade strike (however you only have one chance to do it here so that sucks).

Warmind - that's exactly where I am, Deku :)
thanks!

Nothus

Hang on, has something changed? I just got put into the Omnigul strike after I chose to do a vanguard heroic??

Wtf?

Tri4

It has a 8 round mag now so no need to get triple tap to proc, though it does help.

Omnigul was added to the strike playlist like last patch.

EL CUCO

Biggy, Bigmanny and Liam_croft, cause they were the only other team that dared to sign up. Already informed them the other day.
Congrats guys!
Damn. That Biggy guy is OP :p

It was cool of you to set it up tho. If you guys want to make another attempt at a tourney later on I'd be down to participate. I'm sure I can persuade some of my team members (looks at MildSoss).

I know I've brought it up a few times in the past but it usually get ignored and drowned out in all the PvE talk. Lol

Kaiken

Banned
My 320 Weapons:

The Jade Rabbit
MIDA Multi-Tool
Hung Jury SR4
Touch of Malice
Black Spindle
1000-Yard Stare
Harrowed Qullim's Terminus
Harrowed Elulim's Frenzy (with tracking)
Raze-Lighter

What should I find and shoot for next?

Damn. That Biggy guy is OP :p

It was cool of you to set it up tho. If you guys want to make another attempt at a tourney later on I'd be down to participate. I'm sure I can persuade some of my team members (looks at MildSoss).

I know I've brought it up a few times in the past but it usually get ignored and drowned out in all the PvE talk. Lol

There doesn't really seem to be a demand for it on GAF to try it again. Even in times were people complain Destiny needs new content to keep them entertained, multiple posts over a couple of weeks with with a picture to grab some attention and a sign up form ready to go only 1 team entered.

ocean

Banned
Playing destiny while talking
To your mom = mission impossible.

Lol thanks for the carry Nami, I had no clue what was going on

cakely

I got a perfect roll on an ARI-45 and it's a monster in PvP ... Perfect Balance, Hand-laid stock and Rangefinder. It almost maxes out the stability bar.

I told you in one sentence

I see how it is

'But Breezy, what do you know'

Yes, just like when I warned you about stormbreakers

"But breezy, they're not overpowered!"

you doubted me then, just like how I warned you about sunsingers and now they're getting buffed

'But Breezy, all they do is revive!'

And throw infinite grenades, sunbreakers were the least of your worries

'But breezy sunbreakers kill me in one hit on Venus while they're at mars!'

they still kill you in one hit

but nooooo, breezy is wrong

ocean

Banned
I told you in one sentence

I see how it is

'But Breezy, what do you know'

Yes, just like when I warned you about stormbreakers

"But breezy, they're not overpowered!"

you doubted me then, just like how I warned you about sunsingers and now they're getting buffed

'But Breezy, all they do is revive!'

And throw infinite grenades, sunbreakers were the least of your worries

'But breezy sunbreakers kill me in one hit on Venus while they're at mars!'

they still kill you in one hit

but nooooo, breezy is wrong
... I wanna buy you a beer.

--

Lol this is gold. Saltiest and most cynical player base of any game ever made:

tLXpOc7.jpg

Just finished it like 10 mins ago. Fantastic and a must watch if you have Neflix.

Netflix had a great year with Making a Murderer, Master of None, Jessica Jones and Daredevil. I was super-skeptical of Netflix getting into producing shows, but they're doing great.

I didn't get that Oryx kill last night, but I got 2 leg engrams and 2 exotic engrams from all my 3oC's. Heavy & my 3rd glove engram. Still not chest engram for Twilight. XUR! YOU KNOW WHAT YOU MUST BRING ON FRIDAY!

Top Bottom