• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

I just remembered Grave needs both these trophies as well, maybe Strike Party too. Might be all that's left for his Platinum, I'd have to double check.

But I could do a run I guess if there's a group. Seems so silly but whatever, lol.

lol, being the trophy hunter he is, he may want to get that trophy on his own :p

I read that thread and felt a little better that we aren't the only community where the level of discourse has tumbled. Although I don't regularly read Reddit so I wouldn't be a good judge anyway.

Literally the only thing to talk about is how there's nothing to talk about....

You could also post your fabled ranking of Destiny raid encounters.

SheHateMe

I needed somewhere to post this and be on topic, and I dare not post this on Gaming Side, so you guys get to read (ignore?) my dilemma.

Last night, I played SW: Battlefront for quite a while. Let me start by saying the presentation is super clean and it looks great. Sounds even better, to be honest.

But I miss the shooting from Destiny. And it's beginning to become a problem.

Bungie has made Destiny into a game where every shot feels good; the controller response is without peer and it just FEELS wonderful. No other FPS that I've played feels like this (CoD, SW, Wolfenstein, FC4, etc.) and I can't shake the hook that Destiny has gotten into me.

However...

I'm 316. And I've done it all, with the exception of HM Oryx CM. Even "went Flawless" (thanks Drizzay and Twilight!) and stayed in Mercury until after reset that week. There's not much else I can do in the game (except finish getting the fragments for the ToM; I know, I know) that is LL locked and so, it leaves just the PVP, which is a lagfest from the depths of Hell.

I don't know what to do here. I would like to play FPS, but if I play something different than Destiny, it makes me want to go back to Destiny... to not do anything important.

So, it looks like the obvious solution is to give up on FPS for a while and tackle my backlog, but I want to play FPS and if I do play FPS, it has to be Destiny, but there isn't any more in game content that I'm willing to tackle right now, so why play Destiny, only to play something different and wish I were playing Destiny-

Logic bomb.

I'm a sad case.

Anyway, I needed to get that off my chest. Thanks for reading, or not reading.

Jafku

Need 1 for spindle. Helping a friend who just got TTK. PSN Jafku
edit: i'm one of those people that needed flawless raider

Kaiken

Banned
I just remembered Grave needs both these trophies as well, maybe Strike Party too. Might be all that's left for his Platinum, I'd have to double check.

But I could do a run I guess if there's a group. Seems so silly but whatever, lol.

There were a couple people Monday that also needed this when I mentioned it. Hopefully they chime in.

The lack of Destiny news lately has been a killer.

That said, I'm looking for some help from Xbox One guardians out there. First for the Flawless Raider achievement. Normal Crota's End. If there are any experienced sword bearers reading this, shoot me a PM.

The second mission is to get to the Lighthouse. I honestly just want it for the grimoire card. I'm closing in on max grimoire score and that's one that I still need.

Any sherpas on Xbone who are lurking, get in touch!

LTWood12

I needed somewhere to post this and be on topic, and I dare not post this on Gaming Side, so you guys get to read (ignore?) my dilemma.

Last night, I played SW: Battlefront for quite a while. Let me start by saying the presentation is super clean and it looks great. Sounds even better, to be honest.

Bungie has made Destiny into a game where every shot feels good; the controller response is without peer and it just FEELS wonderful. No other FPS that I've played feels like this (CoD, SW, Wolfenstein, FC4, etc.) and I can't shake the hook that Destiny has gotten into me.

However...

I'm 316. And I've done it all, with the exception of HM Oryx CM. Even "went Flawless" (thanks Drizzay and Twilight!) and stayed in Mercury until after reset that week. There's not much else I can do in the game (except finish getting the fragments for the ToM; I know, I know) that is LL locked and so, it leaves just the PVP, which is a lagfest from the depths of Hell.

I don't know what to do here. I would like to play FPS, but if I play something different than Destiny, it makes me want to go back to Destiny... to not do anything important.

So, it looks like the obvious solution is to give up on FPS for a while and tackle my backlog, but I want to play FPS and if I do play FPS, it has to be Destiny, but there isn't any more in game content that I'm willing to tackle right now, so why play Destiny, only to play something different and wish I were playing Destiny-

Logic bomb.

I'm a sad case.

Battlefront is clunky, and I'm sure it felt especially so after playing so much Destiny. Nothing 'feels' better than Destiny. It isn't just the shooting, but the fluidity and responsiveness of the movement; sound design and the way enemies react to being hit. Best headshots of any game ever.

That said, there are a bunch of other FPSs that feel good. Battlefield 4 & Advanced Warfare both feel good as I recall. Wolfenstein is an awesome single player shooter and probably super cheap now. It doesn't FEEL awesome but it's a good ride.

lol, being the trophy hunter he is, he may want to get that trophy on his own :p

He texted me a while back that he wanted me to get them if I could. The platinum would have been his 10,000th PSN trophy but then I ended up going well past 10k due to the TTK trophies.

You could also post your fabled ranking of Destiny raid encounters.

Lol trust me, I've been thinking about it plenty. I usually just overthink these things, then end up not finishing it
Thunderwhat?
instead of just posting something even if it's flawed/incomplete.

I'll try to work on it tonight a little. The good news is I finally got my new PC master race up and running so I'm not chained to a lumbering laptop anymore.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I don't know, man. Wolfenstein scratches the itch for me. id Software is awesome at gunplay just like Bungie. Outside of them, nobody really does it right.

Grave doesnt have a Destiny platinum? Thats odd haha, given the trophy hunter he was/is i would have thought he would be the first one on Dgaf to have gotten it.

SheHateMe

Battlefront is clunky, and I'm sure it felt especially so after playing so much Destiny. Nothing 'feels' better than Destiny. It isn't just the shooting, but the fluidity and responsiveness of the movement; sound design and the way enemies react to being hit. Best headshots of any game ever.

That said, there are a bunch of other FPSs that feel good. Battlefield 4 & Advanced Warfare both feel good as I recall. Wolfenstein is an awesome single player shooter and probably super cheap now. It doesn't FEEL awesome but it's a good ride.

Clunky is the perfect word for Battlefront, control wise.

I've almost completed Wolfenstein: TNW and I still need to go through Old Blood. AW was really MEH to me; got halfway through the campaign and prestiged once in MP and traded it in afterwards (for the CE of Destiny, no less!). I don't have a real interest in BLOPS3.

I probably should try BF4. I haven't touched one since 2.

LTWood12

I put about 2 min of thought into this.

Templar Suite
Atheon
Abyss
Gatekeeper
Totems
Bridge
Warpriest
Oryx
Crota
Daughters
Golgoroth
Gorgon Maze
Dunking
Ir Yut

Namikaze1

#Letitdie
alfred-nevah.gif

Daemul

But the guy on Reddit said servers are expensive and unrealistic! And that we should please understand!

I saw that thread and I was loling through it, it was so dumb. I thought I would never read anything more ridiculous in my life, until the very next day when I saw a new thread where someone tried to claim that P2P was better than Dedicated Servers, at which point my eyes were bulging out of my head.

nowai

Could not agree more with the feel of Destiny. It's the best 7/10 game around and it does the act of shooting things in the face perfectly.

I played the new Wolf and Far Cry and the guns just felt hollow and lacked the same impact as Destiny. Starwars BF looked beautiful but the gunplay was so shallow that I quickly lost interest.

I still have my hopes up for The Division even though it's Ubi.

I would say, enjoy your back log and then come back when the time gated exotics get released. I have been playing a lot of Grim Dawn and in 10 short days will be enjoying Dragon's Dogma on PC.

todd360

I saw that thread and I was loling through it, it was so dumb. I thought I would never read anything more ridiculous in my life, until the very next day when I saw a new thread where someone tried to claim that P2P was better than Dedicated Servers, at which point my eyes were bulging out of my head.

Damage control gonna damage control. Lol

Deku Tree

Edit: ^^^ yeah that's the one ^^^

Oryx pushed me off once... RAWR saved a clip of it. And I made a gif out of it. Maybe I'll dig it up later...

So I play on a 9 sensitivity. . last night I was told that most people play on a 3. . is this true?

I tried 3 and it felt sooooo slow.

Stackboy

Logic bomb.

I'm a sad case.

Why don't you start an alt?

Sorry I'm late for this.

4895 is the current max for PS4.

Chances are you're missing the hidden Doubles grimoire score. The card appears to be a 1 off 5 points or something, but it actually works like the older pvp playlists that require
  • Rank 1 - 25 wins - 5pts
  • Rank 2 - 50 wins - 5 pts
  • Rank 3 - 100 wins - 5 pts

I think that's your missing 15.

Note that this went into effect during Taken King, so if you played a bunch of doubles before then, they count for nothing. If you had 99 wins in August of last year, your grimoire started at zero in September.

You're right. I thought I was crazy when I would play Doubles every now and then and then I'd see the little ticker at the bottom. The last I saw, I had 20. This is the last thing I'm chasing.

However...

Logic bomb.

I'm a sad case.

Come pley Halp Reach 5

halo_reach_LOL.gif

I may just be lucky but I get exotics out of the PvP shaxx bounties quite often. For me, they are way more rewarding than nightfall in year 2.

Twilight became Zoba again? Twilight zoba is a mysterious man. All these name changes.

Also zoba that genesis map of yours is looking pretty sick. You are a huge forge fan right? Did you want Destiny to have something like that too? Or do you think it wouldn't fit the game and this is something better left to Halo?

Edit: also what the hell is that gif lol. Did i just see a guy bite another one's boner?

SheHateMe

Come pley Halp Reach 5

halo_reach_LOL.gif

I gotta get the wife to let me buy a Xbox One first.

Shouldn't be that hard; work bonus is coming in soon and after I put 2/3rds in savings, I'll have about $1000 to play with.

I wish people still played Reach. UGH.

Why don't you start an alt?

I've got a Lvl 14 Warlock and a Lvl 9 Titan. I mean... I COULD start an alt. It would be a fresh take on everything so far.

But why would I leave behind the Masterclass?
Hunter Da Bess

Top Bottom