• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

epic-lord-man-o.gif

this almost made me spit-take.
WE AWAIT THE FULFILLMENT OF YOUR PROMISE, GOOD DOCTOR
sorry for shouting
#SorryNotSorry

todd360

That thunderlord post will chase Drizz throughout the hundreds of Destiny OTs we will eventually have. One day he will have wished he had just made it. He probably already does :p

The far future. The day destiny 3s extremely dedicated servers are shut down.

Driz: the thunderlord dropped everyone! I have every exotic now!

We all cry tears of joy.

I needed somewhere to post this and be on topic, and I dare not post this on Gaming Side, so you guys get to read (ignore?) my dilemma.

Last night, I played SW: Battlefront for quite a while. Let me start by saying the presentation is super clean and it looks great. Sounds even better, to be honest.

But I miss the shooting from Destiny. And it's beginning to become a problem.

Bungie has made Destiny into a game where every shot feels good; the controller response is without peer and it just FEELS wonderful. No other FPS that I've played feels like this (CoD, SW, Wolfenstein, FC4, etc.) and I can't shake the hook that Destiny has gotten into me.

However...

I'm 316. And I've done it all, with the exception of HM Oryx CM. Even "went Flawless" (thanks Drizzay and Twilight!) and stayed in Mercury until after reset that week. There's not much else I can do in the game (except finish getting the fragments for the ToM; I know, I know) that is LL locked and so, it leaves just the PVP, which is a lagfest from the depths of Hell.

I don't know what to do here. I would like to play FPS, but if I play something different than Destiny, it makes me want to go back to Destiny... to not do anything important.

So, it looks like the obvious solution is to give up on FPS for a while and tackle my backlog, but I want to play FPS and if I do play FPS, it has to be Destiny, but there isn't any more in game content that I'm willing to tackle right now, so why play Destiny, only to play something different and wish I were playing Destiny-

Logic bomb.

I'm a sad case.

Anyway, I needed to get that off my chest. Thanks for reading, or not reading.

Such a great post and nailed Destiny's gameplay in a nutshell.

I was talking about the same thing with friend of mine after playing Battlefront(10 hour ea access) on my xbox one. I downloaded it the day it was available on ea access, played it for about 45 min to an hour, and then went back to Destiny on ps4.

The game looks and sounds amazing but game play completely let me down. It was such a boring and bland game play experience that I was shocked dice made it like this. Tried it again the other day when psn was down, got bored 30 min later and turned off.

Destiny's fps gameplay is unmatched and I really hope that's the one thing they do not tamper with on Destiny 2.

Mindlog

Battlefield felt clunky to me at first, but after switching to third person and getting a jetpack it was pretty smooth.

Aww yiss.
Second Nightfall.
Internet drops right before rewards screen. Please let that count!
Log back in.
Havoc Pigeon!

Destiny.gif

Twilight became Zoba again? Twilight zoba is a mysterious man. All these name changes.

Also zoba that genesis map of yours is looking pretty sick. You are a huge forge fan right? Did you want Destiny to have something like that too? Or do you think it wouldn't fit the game and this is something better left to Halo?

Edit: also what the hell is that gif lol. Did i just see a guy bite another one's boner?

Forge has occupied most of my gametype for a long time. Destiny with Forge and Customs would ruin my life. You can get away with a lot of crazy things in Destiny that you couldn't in Halo, like the rotating walls on Burning Shrine, so it'd be cool to make and play on fun maps with that sandbox.

We need 3 to help a friend through a first time NM raid. PSN: lostsupper

Don't act like you have anything better to do in this game right now.

I put about 2 min of thought into this.

Templar Suite
Atheon
Abyss
Gatekeeper
Totems
Bridge
Warpriest
Oryx
Crota
Daughters
Golgoroth
Gorgon Maze
Dunking
Ir Yut

I can tell because you didn't even include GOAT Skolas.

I typed this out on my phone, so here goes.

Gatekeepers
Atheon
Skolas
Templar Suite
The Bridge
Gordon's Maze
Thrallway
Totems
Spire Forming
Ir Yut
Abyss
Crota
Dunking
Golgoroth
War Priest
Oryx
King's Fall jumping puzzles
Daughters

Raid mechanics:

Aegis of Jabr
Tainted Light
Sword
The 6 different kinds of relics in Oryx's raid, each different and nonsensical

As time has gone on, I think King's Fall is my least favorite, across the board. With the exception of Totems. I like that a lot. The rest is too rigid to be enjoyable at all.

phen0m24

I would like to share a couple things with you guys, and if any of you Bungie lurkers are around, read this.

1) My work buddy was a big CoD fan, and bought Destiny to play with me. We raided, played pvp, he really only left when he tried to "upgrade" a fully leveled TLW from Xur. Poor guy. ANYWAY, he bought BLOPS3 and played it over the weekend, only to ask me:

"Dude when is Destiny 2 coming out? The other shooters suck in comparison." :)

2) Josh, right now is on XB1 with friends (including X's neph) and they did Crota and are now doing a Vault.

Nostalgia for the WIN people. :)

Ok I'll shut up again. :)

Almost

Drizzy wai you do all 6 CM's without me?
YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE! :(

Frenden

Banned
As time has gone on, I think King's Fall is my least favorite, across the board. With the exception of Totems. I like that a lot. The rest is too rigid to be enjoyable at all.

I never even bothered to do this raid. I watched a lot of GAFers and it just looked tedious overall.

313, 311, 311 on my three characters thanks to IB, Trials, and SRL. That's enough for me, I guess.

I never even bothered to do this raid. I watched a lot of GAFers and it just looked tedious overall.

313, 311, 311 on my three characters thanks to IB, Trials, and SRL. That's enough for me, I guess.

My raid completion totals (normal & hard):
Vault of Glass: 32
Crota's End: 28
Skolas: 8
King's Fall: 8

A good test of a raid for me is, if you do it overlevelled, is it still fun, entertaining, interesting? Overlevelling let me find the fun in Crota's End. King's Fall is just tedium. Like the first 4 levels before Skolas.

Vault of Glass' greatness reminds me of a thing on the music world: "You have your whole life to make your first album. You have 18 months for your next album."

Top Bottom