• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Kaiken

Banned
What? Kings Fall HM CM Oryx
When? 7PM CST first run, 2nd run will immediately follow
Where? PS4

1) xplicitone
2) TechMemphis
3) rasengan1337
4) Saint9806
5) shiv2099
6) kreepmode

*Bolded for 2x runs

Run #2 afterwards:
1) xplicitone
2) iRawr/Grave (alt for #1)
3) Shiv2099
4) ichabod00
5) rasengan1337
6) Tick221
If any of you cats are down for totems - sisters a couple times after your runs I'll be interested.

Frenden

Banned
I'd love to see AA get knocked to zero and see how good some of these streamers are at sniping.

I use an Eirene with low AA, and used a HB with Ambush (relatively less AA than Shorgaze, etc). It's more about getting used to drag-snipe timing than the AA values in a lot of cases. Not that AA is insignificant, but a good sniper is a good sniper with low or high AA. They just get more of an edge with the latter.

When criticized for this being an incredibly soft interview, swain said this:

I will say this, maybe what you were looking for isnt in the first half of this interview. It ran a total of 3 hours of recording and we just cant put out a full episode that long unfortunately. I think you should enjoy that and try and enjoy this first half for what we were able to pull out of them and bring to the public.​

Can't do a 3 hour podcast? I guess the technology's just not there yet.

I also love that he pivots and says "be grateful that we gave you, the public, anything."

I get that it's gotta be stressful as a fan to interview a developer, but what a sucky attitude to have to your community.

Wow.

So, The Division, you say?

Mindlog

4:25 Mars get. Progress.
You can't just tweak one thing - imagine if JUST your favorite weapon was nerfed. That wouldn't feel good for players, and that's why it's important that every aspect gets looked at each patch.
That explains quite a bit. Instead of pulling the band-aid off you amputate the limb. I'm not sure how the crazy outliers will ever be addressed without breaking everything else.

ME3 MP was never afraid of diving right in and getting it done. Would have been a shame if all sniper rifles got hit because the Krysae was beyond ridiculous.

Is their secret internal PvP world the reason my PvE Fusion Rifles keep getting crapped on? I mean I discovered my void Wizard 77 to kill Minotaurs in the Vault of Glass since Year 1. Do I need to discover harder? Still eagerly awaiting more nerfs that destroy my Telesto.

SheHateMe

If there's enough people for a late run (and the first two I'm in get done in enough time) I'd be down for a third, since I haven't finished it once yet. Gotta get ALL the loot.

You are The Best Guardian, Shiv. I appreciate you.

Ultra Late HM CM Oryx Run (yes, we have CP)

1. SheHateMe
2. Shiv47

E92 M3

Bungie should nerf jumping it's too easy and everyone can do it. They should also nerf super, grenades, health meter, radar, walk speed, and anything else that shoots.

Something always has to get nerfs when there are a ton of more important things that need to be changed. For instance, why must PVE suffer because of all the cry babies in the crucible? Weapon design went to shit because of the crucible.

Frenden

Banned
Bungie should nerf jumping it's too easy and everyone can do it. They should also nerf super, grenades, health meter, radar, walk speed, and anything else that shoots.

Something always has to get nerfs when there are a ton of more important things that need to be changed. For instance, why must PVE suffer because of all the cry babies in the crucible? Weapon design went to shit because of the crucible.
PvE feels soooo bad right now. :(

Trakan

You have nobody to blame but Bungie for that. They could have easily separated PVE and PVP, but they chose not to. Things like sniper AA have absolutely no affect on PVE, either.

E92 M3

You have nobody to blame but Bungie for that. They could have easily separated PVE and PVP, but they chose not to. Thing like sniper AA have absolutely no affect on PVE, either.

And I do blame Bungie for thinking these two completely opposite activities can be balanced in unison.

complaints about sniper AA are so overblown

a good sniper is still going to win over a lesser sniper most of the time

it doesn't make anyone a good sniper just play trials for proof to debunk that

nowai

You are The Best Guardian, Shiv. I appreciate you.

Ultra Late HM CM Oryx Run (yes, we have CP)

1. SheHateMe
2. Shiv47

If it's after 7pm PST, I can help and most likely bring another. My buddy and I have already ran our titans though, so we will still need some bubble bros.

PSN: sunvsthemoon

Trakan

Ease of use does have an affect on someone's skill. See Thorn, pre-patch TLW, and the OG Suros for examples of this.

E92 M3

Exactly, that's why it's always funny to me. Some make it seem like the general public are sniping gods when if fact it's the complete opposite. I attribute this behavior due to the fact other specials got nerfed and snipers have a lot of utility. Naturally, something has to be complained about and people are dying to snipers more now. I think Bungie should buff fusion rifles and side arms to give everyone more options.

Ease of use does have an affect on someone's skill. See Thorn, pre-patch TLW, and the OG Suros for examples of this.

TLW wasn't actually that popular compared to Thorn, suprisingly.

platocplx

they are definitely overblown. Especially in threes when you have a guy trained on you. instead many people try to engage a hard scoped sniper at distance instead of maybe you see them hard scoped it maybe a good idea to not go that way and find another route to close the gap on them. then you have people who are just standing out in the open not using cover at all to help them to get a position on people etc.. people make it easy to get sniped. very few times i can say holy shit snipers might be OP its 99% my fault and that 1% is when you have a sniper that can snipe people in-between small holes on maps or quick scope the hell out of people.

embalm

Hello Destiny Gaf,

I just started playing a few days ago and have some questions about the game.

I'm level 14 and plan on just finishing the story quests to level up, giving me some time to learn the ins and outs of the warlock. Is that the best thing to do?

I tried playing some multiplayer at the Crucible around level 10 and got smoked by lvl 40s. Is that sort of multiplayer just straight up out of the question until I gear and level up to be more competitive?

Co-Op is lots of fun. I can't figure out how to make it work at all. Are only some levels Co-Op? I think I did a Strike and we were helping each other kill the same boss. In every other mission it seems like the person is off on their own mission and we are just crossing paths.

PvE feels soooo bad right now. :(

Can't talk about this since it's Crucible Radio, but man, PvE is like the bastard step-child left to rot in the corner after launch. No tweaks, not tuning, no updates. Just microtransactions on new cosmetics.

Shiv47

Hello Destiny Gaf,

I'm level 14 and plan on just finishing the story quests to level up, giving me some time to learn the ins and outs of the warlock. Is that the best thing to do?

I tried playing some multiplayer at the Crucible around level 10 and got smoked by lvl 40s. Is that sort of multiplayer just straight up out of the question until I gear and level up to be more competitive?

Co-Op is lots of fun. I can't figure out how to make it work at all. Are only some levels Co-Op? I think I did a Strike and we were helping each other kill the same boss. In every other mission it seems like the person is off on their own mission and we are just crossing paths.

Level differences in normal PvP are disabled, so it's only specific perks that higher level players would have over you. Which is still an advantage for them, but technically you should be able to compete, more or less.

platocplx

I'd love to see AA get knocked to zero and see how good some of these streamers are at sniping.

No AA is actually easier for most people to snipe vs AA where you have to calculate how hard the gun will pull on you catching a target where you could sometimes miss or hit body when you wanted a headshot.

Hello Destiny Gaf,

Welcome mate.

Yeah, best thing to do now is finish the story, do bounties (collect from tower) and gear up while also leveling up your subclass abilities. The better gear you acquire and more abilities you unlock, the more effective you will be in missions, co-op and crucible.

This is a slow time for destiny so apart from new players to TTK, it seems like only the hardcore players are playing crucible right now, so you will probably get matched with tough opponents. Find weapons that suit your playstyle, learn the maps and game modes and you'll do better in pvp.

Next week is Iron Banner where light level matters in crucible, if you're interested in taking part then try to get your warlock to light level 280 or higher by then.

Co-op in the game is by way of match-making or pre-made fireteams. You can load in with friends in most activities like story, strikes, crucible and the current SRL racing event; or be matchmade with randoms.

The world of Destiny is set in a social space, so you will come across other players on patrol who will be in the same public instance as you but doing other activities.

Namikaze1

Nerf sniper rifles

Buff fusion rifles

I can't remember the last time I've seen someone use a fusion rifle in anything. Past several weeks of Trials from my experience have been 65% snipers (50% 1000 Yard Stare, 35% Eirene with Luck in the Chamber, 15% Yasmin) and 35% shotguns (55% Conspiracy, 20% Chaperone, 20% Invective, 5% other)

SheHateMe

depending on the success of my prior two runs, I may be able to join for a last one.

PSN = rasengan1337

If it's after 7pm PST, I can help and most likely bring another. My buddy and I have already ran our titans though, so we will still need some bubble bros.

PSN: sunvsthemoon

I'll join you guys in the hopes that run #2 that I'm in isn't over terribly late

That's 6 of us!

Hopefully the runs aren't TOO late and we can fit this in. Also, hopefully we got some Bubble Bros. that can assist us.

DGAF is the best GAF.

Trakan

Exactly, that's why it's always funny to me. Some make it seem like the general public are sniping gods when if fact it's the complete opposite. I attribute this behavior due to the fact other specials got nerfed and snipers have a lot of utility. Naturally, something has to be complained about and people are dying to snipers more now. I think Bungie should buff fusion rifles and side arms to give everyone more options.

TLW wasn't actually that popular compared to Thorn, suprisingly.

I disagree, but I wasn't talking about popularity. I was talking about ease of use with the 111 bug that gave out very frequent 2 shot kills.

E92 M3

I disagree, but I wasn't talking about popularity. I was talking about ease of use with the 111 bug that gave out very frequent 2 shot kills.

Even with that bug, Thorn was vastly more popular. When it comes to ease of ease, I think Thorn was an easier gun to use.

loki 16

Nerf sniper rifles

Buff fusion rifles

I can't remember the last time I've seen someone use a fusion rifle in anything. Past several weeks of Trials from my experience have been 65% snipers (50% 1000 Yard Stare, 35% Eirene with Luck in the Chamber, 15% Yasmin) and 35% shotguns (55% Conspiracy, 20% Chaperone, 20% Invective, 5% other)

They should decrease the aim assist on snipers like 1000 yard and Yasmin. Other that that I think snipers are in a good place.

The fusion rifle talk is interesting to me. I've used fusion rifles in the past two weeks of trials. It was really great on Driftor. Frontier is surprisingly ok for fusions as well. If they buff fusions I'll be very happy though. Even though now the ones I use feel pretty great.

stay gold

Nerf sniper rifles

Buff fusion rifles

I was messing around with a FR today while doing bounties to level my Titan. I'd forgotten how fun it is to literally melt enemies, such a wasted weapon class.

Dave_6

I still need two wins to finish the quest and can't even get those done. I finish 5th or 6th in every damn race.

well, from my tally, we need 2 more to setup an SRL boost FT.

Yea I can't get the wins now to finish that stupid book, every match has people running faster than my fastest times. Gonna have to set up boosting to get them done I think.

I still need two wins to finish the quest and can't even get those done. I finish 5th or 6th in every damn race.

on second read, 140 may not need one....
It seems like everyone is a pro at SRL now. So sweaty.

loki 16

It looks like I'm missing 1 calcified fragment. I supposedly have 50 but Eris is not giving me the shader. Is their a way to know witch one I'm missing?

Top Bottom