• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

It looks like I'm missing 1 calcified fragment. I supposedly have 50 but Eris is not giving me the shader. Is their a way to know witch one I'm missing?

That depends on if you have multiple characters or not.

If you only have 1 character, then it's easy to tell. Just look for the missing chapter in the book of shadows of your grimoire.

If you have multiples, you're pretty much screwed and will have to go down the full checklist again...

Even with that bug, Thorn was vastly more popular. When it comes to ease of ease, I think Thorn was an easier gun to use.
100% truth. The Last Word killed people from questionable distances but you had to get used hip firing 95% of the time. The Thorn encouraged some of the most cowardly play from players; pop two body shots and throw a burn grenade for good measure and run away. A lot of people just shot at random people and let the burn do the rest of the work. Thorn is absolutely a scrubby weapon and I hope it stays dead.

/rant.

loki 16

do you have 1 on an alt that you don't have on your main?
That depends on if you have multiple characters or not.

If you only have 1 character, then it's easy to tell. Just look for the missing chapter in the book of shadows of your grimoire.

If you have multiples, you're pretty much screwed and will have to go down the full checklist again...

Yep I have 3 different characters. I guess I'm not finding the missing one anytime soon.

SheHateMe

I'm down for later tonight. What time (EST)?

Well, the first run is at 8 PM EST. Then they are doing a second run immediately after that. Then hopefully, our third run will happen.

Given the state of teleporting Ogres and what not, we can expect at least a start time of 10 PM EST or later.

I can (and will, if need be) be up until reset to get this done.

Currently, we have:

1. SheHateMe
2. Shiv47
3. rasengan1337
4. sunvsthemoon
5. ich00
6. Darryl M R

sunvsthemoon has a friend that may be needed as an alternate in case someone can't make it.

Are SRL trains still a thing? I need wins for my S license & my book and things are so sweaty now.

Really burning out on SRL so a train is what I need.

Maybe I'll start one tonight if there's interest.

nowai

Well, the first run is at 8 PM EST. Then they are doing a second run immediately after that. Then hopefully, our third run will happen.

Given the state of teleporting Ogres and what not, we can expect at least a start time of 10 PM EST or later.

Currently, we have:

1. SheHateMe
2. Shiv47
3. rasengan1337
4. sunvsthemoon
5. ich00
6. Darryl M R

sunvsthemoon has a friend that may be needed as an alternate in case someone can't make it.

My buddy is also a gaffer. Gamer_at_Heart

Dave_6

Are SRL trains still a thing? I need wins for my S license & my book and things are so sweaty now.

Really burning out on SRL so a train is what I need.

Maybe I'll start one tonight if there's interest.

I may be up for this tonight. Need two wins for my license and not sure how many for the book. It gets way too frustrating running races with randoms.

ch4fx_

YO DGAF, work is hella slow today - so I pretty much wrote a short story (sorry for the wall of text)..

The (normal) raid FINALLY clicked for me, so I ran my Titan & Hunter through one time each, and filled a spot for a group doing Oryx CM last night. This resulted in both of my Guardians now being OVER 300 light, 302 & 303 to be exact.

When I first got Destiny, I accepted the fact that I would probably run strikes over & over, and would be forever bound to the 290-299 category. All that changed, about a month ago, when my GAF membership was approved & I decided it was time to break out of my anti-social shell.

Saturday night I spent a few hours with a GAF group, trying to complete the Oryx challenge. While we did come up short & were unable to finish, our trial & error finally made me confident enough to hold my own in the freight & to cover whatever roles are needed, aside from maybe running. To me, figuring out the fight its self was much more valuable than any loot I could have received (SIDE NOTE; I did finally complete CM & I was right, learning the fight >>> loot received from fight). Sunday morning I woke up & felt confident from my training the previous night, with the OT being dead, I had to venture to LFG & it surprisingly went pretty well - 2nd group I joined was really down to earth & super patient. We wiped every chance we got, but stuck at it & finally downed Oryx via CM. I beat Oryx for the first time. A few hours later, I see a post in the OT where someone needs X players to help with NM so he can pull his friend through. He mentioned he didn’t care if we were new or not, he just needed people. This got me to thinking that since my Hunter was @ 294 & I now know the fights, I could probably make it through without much trouble. 3, maybe 4 hours later, we were triumphant! Oryx was down (again via CM), loot was received, good times were had, thanks were given, we were invincible & it felt great. It was then time for me to finally eat & I told myself I was going to come home from dinner & watch a movie while I relax for the rest of the night, NO MORE DESTINY! Ha. That went really well. Less than an hour later, I’m back at Oryx praying I manage to take care of all my bombs this time (still sorry about that one guys..).

I’ve read where many different people, from many different websites, say raiding with the right people results in one of, if not THE BEST, experience gaming has to offer. Now that I feel confident enough to speak on the subject, I can definitely concur. Once your group figures everyone out & things click, the experience is indescribable. The teamwork, the atmosphere, the pressure to not fuck up, it was all new to me & I absolutely loved it. My only regret is that I did not jump on Destiny this hard from the beginning, who knows where I’d be at now if that were the case.

I now see how many people lose 500+ hours of their life to this game. I first told myself I was going to buy Destiny & only play strikes, I was only interested in Vanguard gear. Then I told myself that I was only going to run the raid once, I just wanted some raid gear. Now that I have (some) raid gear & broke 300, I find myself wanting to see what HM has in store for me. Luckily, it seems MUCH earlier to get a HM group together, so hopefully in the coming week/s I will venture into that territory. Until then, I will humbly chill @ 302/303 & be thankful I made it this far.

TLDR; I completed my first raid/CM. I like Destiny. I really appreciate DGAF, all of you.

EDIT; I was gonna do a "shoutout" section where I name people like rappers do on stage when they win an award (or wrap up an interview), but that seemed unnecessary. You guys know who you are, I appreciate your time/help/patience.

Deku Tree

Yeah SRL is super sweaty now.

Sucks if your going for those three wins to get your S-licencense now that we are getting to the start of week three tomorrow.

Pretty tough to grind wins now if your not good, sometimes even if you are good.

Ryck

Need 3 Guardians for HM Oryx CM.

The 3 I have with me are super solid so if we can get 3 more solid players this should be an absolute breeze.

Ryck007

Jump into party chat with us or just jump into the FT.

Yeah SRL is super sweaty now.

Sucks if your going for those three wins to get your S-licencense now that we are getting to the start of week three tomorrow.

Pretty tough to grind wins now if your not good, sometimes even if you are good.

I would love a Time Attack Sparrow Mode. I think it would have decent legs and nothing makes me rage more than some jackass knocking me into a fan on lap 3 and losing in last place.

ich00

Currently, we have:

1. SheHateMe
2. Shiv47
3. rasengan1337
4. sunvsthemoon
5. ich00
6. Darryl M R

I think run one is at 9 est. that's what 7cst is right? I'm not good at time zones.

Ogres only teleport if you don't get good DPS on them. Weapons and Blessing bubbles combined are your friend.

That being said I hope we have two Titans lined up for this run tonight....

How many of you have encounter players going AFK in sparrow racing? I encounter several over the weekend just staying in the starting line. Some even got exotic engrams and good loot at the end of it.

Nami, Igor, if you're still up for trials tonight, it will be closer to 8pm Todd time or 3 1/2 hour from this post. I need to run a quick errand after work.

Do we know if they will repeat the Warpriest challenge tomorrow?

We do not. I would not be surprised to see a quest for those with 50 calcified fragments that only shows after a full rotation of challenge mode. A good old destiny time locked quest.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Anybody on XB1 want to help me get to 7 wins later tonight?

I've had some tough matches the past few nights with LFG teams. I'm not a strong sniper which feels like a significant handicap in trials. I may level up my Colovance's Duty tonight and give it a go since I realized my drop has braced frame.

Lima

I've had some tough matches the past few nights with LFG teams. I'm not a strong sniper which feels like a significant handicap in trials. I may level up my Colovance's Duty tonight and give it a go since I realized my drop has braced frame.

What's your gamer tag? And what time are we talking?

soundpross

Neo Member
Anyone down to do CM Oryx on ps4 right now? I'll be runner or plate 3 with sunbreaker for orbs or hunter nightstalker. I completed it once with sunvsthemoon and some other gafers yesterday.

PSN: soundpross

edit: already have oryx checkpoint

rezn0r

finally 311 with a few different weapon combos equipped on my warlock. i haven't had a lot of time to do the raid lately, and my IRL friends all got burnt out about the same time (plus fallout 4), and while i tend to suck badly and not enjoy racing games SRL has pulled through for this scrub... now to try and jump back in to some HM challenges in the next few weeks to keep the light level going upwards, without being too rusty and pissing GAF off :)

Iceman829

I'll be on all night. Helping some people finish HM Oryx challenge later, so I can't interfere with that. I'll most likely be on Assassin's Creed if I'm not on destiny

the_id

TLDR; I completed my first raid/CM. I like Destiny. I really appreciate DGAF, all of you.
Welcome to DGAF mate. It's one of the best communities out there.

The main reason I stick with this game is for this community. It's truly one of the best from training me to be good with PVP to just enjoying the team work in the raids and to bitching about Bungie together.

Top Bottom