• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Memento totally just killed me for NO reason during Trials:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XpLiCiTOnE/video/13844665

It also killed my nephew 3x in 1 match, 2 or 3 times while using his Titan Bubble at this spot:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/raidersOP/video/13844712

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/raidersOP/video/13844743

All the above is on xbox, but it did it to me once while playing with hammon and dan the other night when I dropped down by the shack.

Also, what is up with the floating dead guardians / ragdolls all of a sudden everywhere????

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
It's still there. You can double check on bungie.net as well

You probably haven't unlocked it yet.

Go talk to Variks? You either haven't done the HoW questline or unlocked it yet.

Oh, I didnt mean that the faction disappeared completely, just that it doesnt show up in my Quest section anymore, vendor shows I have rep in the faction.

I'm definitely sure it was there during SRL, and I'm pretty sure it was there over the weekend.

I don't have Rank 1 yet in it, but I've accumulated some rep (halfway to 1).

where do we pick up the penis/pacman/building/middle finger emblem?

Postmaster I guess, after the weekly reset.

Oh, I didnt mean that the faction disappeared completely, just that it doesnt show up in my Quest section anymore, vendor shows I have rep in the faction.

I'm definitely sure it was there during SRL, and I'm pretty sure it was there over the weekend.

I don't have Rank 1 yet in it, but I've accumulated some rep (halfway to 1).

Have you done the Wolves on Mars quest-line? If not then starting that might trigger the faction rep indicator in you quests tab; or getting it to rank 1.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Have you done the Wolves on Mars quest-line? If not then starting that might trigger the faction rep indicator in you quests tab; or getting it to rank 1.

I'm on the 6th step for that questline.

But like I said, the indicator WAS there before. It was there up until I think last weekend. Isn't it suppose be over on the right side, but not at the end? (to the right of Queen's Wrath)

I'm on the 6th step for that questline.

But like I said, the indicator WAS there before. It was there up until I think last weekend. Isn't it suppose be over on the right side, but not at the end? (to the right of Queen's Wrath)

Yeah it's right next to the Queens Wrath rep.

Just detonated the 16 orbs and Oryx din't take any fucking damage. I'm so fucking done with this game.

This has happened frequently this week.

Memento totally just killed me for NO reason during Trials:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XpLiCiTOnE/video/13844665

It also killed my nephew 3x in 1 match, 2 or 3 times while using his Titan Bubble at this spot:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/raidersOP/video/13844712

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/raidersOP/video/13844743

All the above is on xbox, but it did it to me once while playing with hammon and dan the other night when I dropped down by the shack.

Also, what is up with the floating dead guardians / ragdolls all of a sudden everywhere????

This just in: Memento is literally killing children

The dude, join Drizz or me (a_javierp) in orbit :)

On my way

Edit can't join driz. Ocean I don't have you on my list.

I'm th3dude119

GGs gentlemen. We had some pretty funny matches there (40 deaths wtf? lol) and actually got a good rhythm going on those last couple wins.

Cauldron actually wasn't bad for trials. I can't say the same for Memento.

Yeah Cauldron is firmly in my mid-tier Trials map ranking. The doors and the cap point being inside that protected area knock it down a few pegs but otherwise it's quite good.

First time I haven't even attempted a Trials run since I started back in August. Memento is a garbage map and I refuse to play it. If Sector 618 (It's PS exclusive so thankfully it won't) or any Dreadnaught map gets pick for trials...

No idea if this is true or not, but do the people who detonate the bombs have to shoot him? That doesn't make sense but I'm trying to figure out why this stuff happens sometimes.

Not that we know of, same thing happened in one of the reset runs, pain in the ass really considering we were all shooting at him just in case.

NastyBook

Destiny servers down? I'm getting a message telling me I've been disconnected and could be logged in elsewhere or some shit.

EDIT: Wow, it wouldn't let me log in to my Titan, but it did for my Hunter. That's weird. Guess I'll try my Warlock next.

EDIT: Let my Titan back in after I logged in with my other characters.

So, i now have the FWC exotic cape for my Hunter, and 1 level shy of my Warlock Dead Orbit exotic bond. Once i have both, is it advisable to swap factions to try and get the DO cape and FWC bond? New Monarchy on the Titan still only level 12

I also got The Nowhere shader last night for my Warlock. It looks OK i guess

Not that we know of, same thing happened in one of the reset runs, pain in the ass really considering we were all shooting at him just in case.

Yeah that's the thing, I can think of tons of examples where not everyone who detonated bombs shot him and it worked fine. Or everyone shot him and it f'ed up anyway. But sometimes I know when people die after detonating it seems to mess up the damage, like maybe their blights didn't register. It's the only thing I could think of to explain it besides the usual lag/glitch nonsense. Especially since the Oryx CM isn't really the intended strategy, not surprising it derps a lot.

The whole mechanic of shooting his chest so blight damage registers, but not needing to shoot his chest any other time, is super stupid. Like the hit markers mean nothing, you just need some baseline amount. There's no conveyance whatsoever that his HP should work this way, he's the only enemy in the game like that. Bleh, I like the Oryx encounter less every time I play it unlike Atheon, Templar and Skolas which continually got better.

Yeah that's the thing, I can think of tons of examples where not everyone who detonated bombs shot him and it worked fine. Or everyone shot him and it f'ed up anyway. But sometimes I know when people die after detonating it seems to mess up the damage, like maybe their blights didn't register. It's the only thing I could think of to explain it besides the usual lag/glitch nonsense. Especially since the Oryx CM isn't really the intended strategy, not surprising it derps a lot.

The whole mechanic of shooting his chest so blight damage registers, but not needing to shoot his chest any other time, is super stupid. Like the hit markers mean nothing, you just need some baseline amount. There's no conveyance whatsoever that his HP should work this way, he's the only enemy in the game like that. Bleh, I like the Oryx encounter less every time I play it unlike Atheon, Templar and Skolas which continually got better.

Yeah the entire fight just ends up being a pain in the ass sometimes, especially on the third run when everyone is tired and you have what seems to be a perfect run and then the boss takes 0 damage even though all the blights were detonated (Onscreen, and on the wipe screen), everyone was alive and we all were seemingly shooting him. That's what happens I guess when the fight is reliant on mechanics to do damage to the boss, compared to a standard fight where the players do most of the damage.

So, i now have the FWC exotic cape for my Hunter, and 1 level shy of my Warlock Dead Orbit exotic bond. Once i have both, is it advisable to swap factions to try and get the DO cape and FWC bond? New Monarchy on the Titan still only level 12

I also got The Nowhere shader last night for my Warlock. It looks OK i guess

Totally up to you if you care enough about getting that many different ones. Personally I got a couple but have totally lost interest, it's just a chore to me. I'll get the PvP wins done, but I don't wanna run 10 boring Heroic strikes w the shader/emblem/class item (if I even have a legendary one). And then I have to infuse it so many times to make it even usable, when I'm running out of Armor Materials already.

All that for an "exotic" that's only unique features are a spawn animation and bonus faction rep? No thanks.

Two times yesterday Oryx glitched in the bomb detonation phase. >(
We looked at the wipe screen, it showed all the bombs have detonated and the guys in the middle were doing their job well (shooting his chest).
Oryx didn't drop to 1% but more like 5-7%. Ugggghhh.
Why.gif

After that basically everyone loses the will to play another round. *sigh*

GlamFM

Banned
Two times yesterday Oryx glitched in the bomb detonation phase. >(
We looked at the wipe screen, it showed all the bombs have detonated and the guys in the middle were doing their job well (shooting his chest).
Oryx didn't drop to 1% but more like 5-7%. Ugggghhh.
Why.gif

After that basically everyone loses the will to play another round. *sigh*

Sounds like one bomb did not detonate.

It was either eaten by a knight without anybody noticing or an ogre got away at some point and one bomb was too far from the other 3.

Sounds like one bomb did not detonate.

It was either eaten by a knight without anybody noticing or an ogre got away at some point and one bomb was too far from the other 3.
Nope. All 16 bombs detonated successfully (it showed near everyone's name properly in the wipe screen afterwards).
Saw a bunch of people on reddit having the same issue yesterday.
Oh well, it is what it is.
I'm taking a break from Destiny until the weekend.

inthrall

Totally up to you if you care enough about getting that many different ones. Personally I got a couple but have totally lost interest, it's just a chore to me. I'll get the PvP wins done, but I don't wanna run 10 boring Heroic strikes w the shader/emblem/class item (if I even have a legendary one). And then I have to infuse it so many times to make it even usable, when I'm running out of Armor Materials already.

All that for an "exotic" that's only unique features are a spawn animation and bonus faction rep? No thanks.

You can get it from nightfalls as well, that let me tick it up by doing one of each for 5 weeks :D

Top Bottom