• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

It is one of the most, if not the most, difficult thing to get in the game. It's RNG + You need to be on a 9 win Trials + Win matches after that for a chance to get it. You essentially need to be the final boss and deny people Mercury and get lucky.

For such a feat you would expect a better looking emblem.

Like drizz was saying some time ago, scarab emblem is such a missed opportunity. Its cool and all and the idea is good but the execution is not. It could have been something that you get when you make it to mercury like 20 or 40 or x times. Something to show that you are an experienced pvp player that has enjoyed many victories. Instead its relegated as yet another reward by RNG.

Newbie King's Fall on Thursday, 9:00PM Eastern

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DcCXWHn5EYFKlJmPjawNCHovK8v9IrBORo3WrcPfTE8/viewform

3 spots left for the moment...

I usually start these at 8 to have a little more time up front, but there are some west coast attendees this time. We will get as far as we can and possible schedule another night to finish up.

Speaking of which, Macello if you are reading this, do you think you might be available to sub in for your buddy when he has to leave? He says he will have "an hour to an hour and a half," which is tremendously unlikely :p

I signed up too. Figures this got posted when I stopped viewing the thread today =(

There was a video on Reddit yesterday of someone getting after winning a game on an 8-1 card (on their ninth win)

RNG. Someone also said they got it from a gold package.

For such a feat you would expect a better looking emblem.

To each his own. I think it's one of the best looking emblems.

Bungie bounty emblem

Haha. They haven't done much with that since the last fiasco huh?

Nope, the cryptarch emblems are the hardest to get.

drip drip drip

Hahahahaha. These are just like the exotics. Time gated and or SUPER low drop rate right now.

WipedOut

Nope, the cryptarch emblems are the hardest to get.

drip drip drip
Since this game came out I have not received one emblem from the cryptarch. I did however get frostfire, God of war, thunder devil (before it was sold) and Arctic proxy. Not sure if it still is but Arctic proxy used to be rare as fuck.

Cozmo is asking for video evidence of bugs on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...be_honest_bungies_next_move_should_be/cyu90hq

Post 'em if you got 'em.

Some good responses:

Arc Blade failing to make contact: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoJ8xclV0VU

Floating corpses in PvP: https://youtu.be/zC-GnxT68xg?t=136

Compilation of Melees not registering: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCGzExtCxFc

Titan dies from using his Bubble: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYibJbnnvRU and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJwyDwDLd78

Titan dies from using his Fist of Havoc: https://i.imgur.com/AEbWovw.webm

Death from falling damage at 2 feet: https://youtu.be/nxetPPDBbeM

Haha. They haven't done much with that since the last fiasco huh?
Well, they did hand them out for SRL. But I don't think they've done a pvp stream since DeeJ was told
suck my balls

Since this game came out I have not received one emblem from the cryptarch. I did however get frostfire, God of war, thunder devil (before it was sold) and Arctic proxy. Not sure if it still is but Arctic proxy used to be rare as fuck.
Pretty sure they aren't in the game yet just like Fatal Vision. Gotta spread that content out, yo!

Guardian Lord! Also my first platinum.
Congrats!

Went flawless last week and forgot to go to the lighthouse for the loot, haha.

Also, I can't find that bonus emblem for signing in last week, I got the email about receiving it (and I did log in and do activities). Where is it?

Went flawless last week and forgot to go to the lighthouse for the loot, haha.

Also, I can't find that bonus emblem for signing in last week, I got the email about receiving it (and I did log in and do activities). Where is it?

Go to the emblem kiosk by Eva. (Where you can buy shaders and emblems near the new monarchy vendor and speaker

There was a video on Reddit yesterday of someone getting after winning a game on an 8-1 card (on their ninth win)
Actually it wasn't an 8-1 card. As mentioned in the comments, the ninth dot will always refill back on on those victories. That was their tenth win. The video was showing you can have a loss on your card and still get the Scarab, if you win.

Minamu

I reached lvl 40 just now with my warlock, pretty sweet game so far! Kinda funny though how I got here so fast, the story missions recommend me to be roughly lvl 15 and I haven't even reached the black garden yet! The missions are laughably easy :/ The crucible is a different story though!

I have this void grenade kills quest going though and I can't find any grenades called that, what am I missing?! No regular warlock voidwalker grenade types seem to do the trick!

Also, the different ranks are account-based, yes?

flkraven

I just realized how convoluted and stupid some of the time-gated exotic quests can be for someone that just picked up the game. A friend just asked me how to get a sleeper simulant, and I had to tell them that they had to patrol or grind enemies until the 4 fusion rifles drop so you can give them to the gunsmith then wait a month for a quest to appear. So silly.

I reached lvl 40 just now with my warlock, pretty sweet game so far! Kinda funny though how I got here so fast, the story missions recommend me to be roughly lvl 15 and I haven't even reached the black garden yet! The missions are laughably easy :/ The crucible is a different story though!

I have this void grenade kills quest going though and I can't find any grenades called that, what am I missing?! No regular warlock voidwalker grenade types seem to do the trick!

PvE or PvP kills?

Vendor/Faction ranks are character based, not account based unfortunately.

Lnkn52

PvP has been a life changer for me. The past 4 weeks have been the most sweatiest competition ever. The results are real.

KJD1R7Q.png

Kappa

Looks like other people on reddit aren't getting it either, even though they logged in and completed activities during the specified timeframe. GG Bungie, GG.

Matt Frost

Lol.

"Please send us videos as no one in the office actually plays the game to know what you're talking about".

Lol. Lmao. The sad thing is this is probably true. They should pick some hardcore players to work for them, they probably would have fixed most problems already... the testers or players they have right now finding bugs.... pretty much suck.

People should send in random videos of other games to see if they can figure out if it's actually Destiny gameplay.

Post of the day

edukate

Speaking of glitches... Does taken imploder perk work for u guys? I swear I use my hunter grenades in mobs of taken and generate no orbs... Meanwhile my Titan buddy has his perk and can melee taken for orbs galor.

I just realized how convoluted and stupid some of the time-gated exotic quests can be for someone that just picked up the game. A friend just asked me how to get a sleeper simulant, and I had to tell them that they had to patrol or grind enemies until the 4 fusion rifles drop so you can give them to the gunsmith then wait a month for a quest to appear. So silly.

Look at how stupid the Boolean Gemini is.

It requires Queen's Wrath Rep level 3 to trigger.

The only way to get Queen's Wrath is the 3 bounties Petra offers every week. It takes roughly 6 weeks to get the rep necessary to get the quest to trigger.

*A newcomer could techincally do Prison of Elders for Etheric Light for rep gains.

Gunsmith technically has a similar setup, except there a many more incentives to rep up with him.

Void is an element. Your Warlock has an entire Void based subclass. Thus, all grenades in the void based sublcass are void grenades.

flkraven

The only way to get Queen's Wrath is the 3 bounties Petra offers every week. It takes roughly 6 weeks to get the rep necessary to get the quest to trigger.

*A newcomer could techincally do Prison of Elders for Etheric Light for rep gains.

Gunsmith technically has a similar setup, except there a many more incentives to rep up with him.

Basically the game is structured in a way that felt awesome if you were on the ground floor from day 1, but feels like a mess if you are a few months behind. All these people doing RAF have to explain the mundane garbage to their partner.

Deku Tree

And Boolean Gemini is not compelling at all any way. It's literally the only exotic primary that I left at 290. I might dismantle it.

NastyBook

Just got my Boolean Gemini last night. What's got me hot is that I have to fuck around in the Dreadnaught for two more days to get enough Calcified Fragments to get my ToM. And I need a fireteam for the NTTE VoG mission, SS Strike, and Chaperone strike.

Does anybody want to help out with those tonight?
Nightfall door opened for Broman. Was the nightfall fixed or was he just one of the lucky few?
That whitelist.

With the Nightfall glitched and PvP a mess, I'd just like to mention that today is v2.4 patch day over in Diablo 3. Log on, create a new character, season or no, and feel what a good loot game is like. Feel what a game that makes you feel powerful is like.

Your-Father-Darth-Vader.jpg

If only you knew the power of the true DGAF.

Join me.

Minamu

PvE or PvP kills?

Vendor/Faction ranks are character based, not account based unfortunately.
Doesn't say but the quest logo is blueish so pve probably? Too bad about the vendors. And you can't buy stuff for other classes and put in the vault?

Void is an element. Your Warlock has an entire Void based subclass. Thus, all grenades in the void based sublcass are void grenades.
Makes sense but I've thrown hundreds of grenades of all types in both pve and pvp and not a single grenade kill has upped the quest stats. There are also some kind of attachable grenade kills I'm supposed to do but have no idea how to achieve.

And how do I up my Crota rank? I'm 75% into lvl 0 but now Erin have no more quests to do?

Doesn't say but the quest logo is blueish so pve probably? Too bad about the vendors. And you can't buy stuff for other classes and put in the vault?

Makes sense but I've thrown hundreds of grenades of all types in both pve and pvp and not a single grenade kill has upped the quest stats. There are also some kind of attachable grenade kills I'm supposed to do but have no idea how to achieve.

And how do I up my Crota rank? I'm 75% into lvl 0 but now Erin have no more quests to do?

Eris' quests come with level and with other quests being completed. Don't worry about it, they'll open as you play the game.

I'm not sure exactly what quest you're talking about (is it possibly a bounty?)

Attachable grenades are only available under certain subclasses.

Warlock
-Sunsinger - Fusion

Titan
-Defender - Magnetic
-Sunbreaker - Fusion

Hunter
-Gun Slinger - Tripmine
-Blade Dancer - Flux

phen0m24

With the Nightfall glitched and PvP a mess, I'd just like to mention that today is v2.4 patch day over in Diablo 3. Log on, create a new character, season or no, and feel what a good loot game is like. Feel what a game that makes you feel powerful is like.

Your-Father-Darth-Vader.jpg

If only you knew the power of the true DGAF.

Join me.

Destiny is shitting the bed hard enough to make it difficult in finding reason to log in for even a daily.

I took the disc out of my system for the first time in months over the last weekend. Felt like I was cheating on my spouse.

I played another game that starts with a D last night. D
iablo3

Top Bottom