• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Anyone going to play the Division beta? I've heard so much good stuff from those who played the Alpha and videos I've seen make the game look really good.

Xbox 'Alpha' was pretty fun, pretty hyped to muck around in the beta with DGAF, I hope they can maintain it though, Ubi have a terrible track record with maintaining online based games, so will wait and see.

Unstable

Me too. Drives my daughter nuts, she has to swap out to play Fallout 4.

I have to say, the new approach with the Live team of doing events, rather than content that accumulates over time, is already starting to show as misstep, IMO. The game dearly needs new content and activities; even SRL back on for the weekends or something would be nice.
I'd also add that everything indicates that the content will drought remain for the foreseeable future. This is Bungie's plan from get go, they understood that players will leave, and they also understand that players will return to Destiny once there's new content. Bungie needs all hands on deck for whatever they're doing, Destiny 2 or whatever that may end up being.

Side note. Guys, there are plenty of great games out right now. If you're getting sick of Destiny, take a break, play something else. I promise you, Destiny will be there when you get the itch back.

Deku Tree

Division looks hella boring to me. Waiting to play the beta to make the final call. Dont trust Ubi on an online only game tho. We'll see

Yeah agree. No PvE end game activity. Just doing PvP stealing loot from others in the dark zone. Going by Ubi standards it probably has MTs that affect gameplay, or it will soon. Haven't been big into a Ubi game since Beyond G&E really.

Pre-order it on Amazon and you should get a code. That is what I did for the Xbox One Alpha. I did it after the beta launch. I got the code within 5 minutes of pre-ordering. The email was in my junk folder.

Speaking of Amazon preorders, they have a new benefit for Prime members:

Varia-Landingpage-TopCenterGraphic_T._SX1500.0_.jpg

I posted this early this morning, but Amazon is offering 20% off on most pre-orders right now for Prime members

Crazy good deal you don't already have GCU at Best Buy.

Speaking of Amazon preorders, they have a new benefit for Prime members

Thanks for the heads up on this guys. Just looked and my Gravity Rush Remastered copy I previously preordered didn't have any discount applied to yet but I bet they're still working on that.

It's honestly been over a month since I last logged in, yet I got an email from Bungie saying my new emblem is ready.

Ok...?

They've sent me almost an email every day trying to get me to log in and play. "KINGofCRA5H, your December stats are now available!"
"KINGofCRA5H, check your postmaster for 15 Strange Coins and 15 Motes of Light!"

Easy there, guys. I still like your game, it's just... well, you know. It would be rrrreally interesting to see the player count over these last few months.

The Division has beards.

Bungie, the gauntlet has been laid.

Also, less snarkily, this:

"The body-shape or beards are only the start of our character customization, because now we have the choice what clothes we want to wear and what story we want to tell with our agent. The special thing about The Division is, that these clothes don't have any stats on them and are so called vanity- or cosmetic items. So, when you find a specific jacket or pants that you like, you can wear it from start of the game until endgame and beyond. This system has the big advantage, that even though you may wear the same high end game gear like everybody else, with the clothes you are still a unique character."​

True cosmetic end-game.

The Division has beards.

Bungie, the gauntlet has been laid.

Also, less snarkily, this:

"The body-shape or beards are only the start of our character customization, because now we have the choice what clothes we want to wear and what story we want to tell with our agent. The special thing about The Division is, that these clothes don't have any stats on them and are so called vanity- or cosmetic items. So, when you find a specific jacket or pants that you like, you can wear it from start of the game until endgame and beyond. This system has the big advantage, that even though you may wear the same high end game gear like everybody else, with the clothes you are still a unique character."​

True cosmetic end-game.

Wait Ubi is finally allowing you to play as a female? /s

Lookin for one to help finish nightfall on ps4. My buddy and I are on the boss. Any help would be appreciated.

PSN: Panjeet

EDIT: nvm we good now. Thanks

Deku Tree

Lol Deku why did we even bother? NF should stay broken, it's worthless.

I don't know. We each got three legendary marks. Not sure how long it took you to solo up to the end like that. The rewards were pretty useless. I got a ghost and you got some low level legendary arms. Ugh.

Anyway thanks for the invite.

I'd also add that everything indicates that the content will drought remain for the foreseeable future. This is Bungie's plan from get go, they understood that players will leave, and they also understand that players will return to Destiny once there's new content. Bungie needs all hands on deck for whatever they're doing, Destiny 2 or whatever that may end up being.

Side note. Guys, there are plenty of great games out right now. If you're getting sick of Destiny, take a break, play something else. I promise you, Destiny will be there when you get the itch back.

The live team was overstated from inception. We thought they would do regular updates, and well....SRL was fun, but it was shallow. It's not what plays wanted in terms of content, it's a nice side thing sure, but that's what it should've been. A side thing, not an event for a month.

Then there's the balancing and how....meh that's been. At this point the live team seems to just watch teh servers and make sure nothing breaks, or they step in(Like the NIghtfall hijinx today). Which again...I don't think Microtransactions are needed to support them. They should be doing that anyways, fixing bugs and shit.

And it is obvious they're loading all their barrels for Destiny 2...and there are other great games to play right now. I've spent so much time in EDF 2025, that game is a joy to behold.

E92 M3

Someone link Luke to this thread and how it's slowly becoming a Division hype train. Maybe that'll ignite the sense of urgency to make Destiny better.

I think if anyone at Bungie is aware, it's Luke. The problem is that a studio of 600 people has a shitton of bureaucracy most likely.

I wish Destiny's gunplay wasn't so fucking good. I'd have left a long time ago. Either way, it's side bae for now. I'll log on, get in a round or two of Crucible and I'll be off to do other stuff. I'll still run Iron Banner or some Trials tickets, but it's no longer the main thing I'm playing. Regardless, can't wait for what Destiny 2 brings.

Deku Tree

Xur hasn't sold a y2 exotic engram since the patch lol. Over six weeks now. This is like the no heavy xur drought during the HM Crota days.

GlamFM

Banned
Give the kid a few months of running HM ;)

All said and done, fun to see some genuine enthusiasm. Wish I still had that lol

Right!?

Having people scream into their headsets is something that I have not heard in a while.

Good stuff.

WeTeHa

Thanks a LOT to Glam, reeducator and Subtervotion for helping me and the two other newbies through our first KF raid.

It was awesome. Had a lot of fun, and we did it even though one guy had connection error during the oryx fight and had to rejoin.

Gonna get my touch of malice now :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

all of this is right, listen to stabie
Wait Ubi is finally allowing you to play as a female? /s
Just to be clear they definitely are, there was a girl or two in one of the e3 previews.

Minamu

Eris' quests come with level and with other quests being completed. Don't worry about it, they'll open as you play the game.

I'm not sure exactly what quest you're talking about (is it possibly a bounty?)

Attachable grenades are only available under certain subclasses.

Warlock
-Sunsinger - Fusion

Titan
-Defender - Magnetic
-Sunbreaker - Fusion

Hunter
-Gun Slinger - Tripmine
-Blade Dancer - Flux
Erupting Void is the quest. It's not a bounty :) Here's a pic I took just now. Quest.

Thanks for the other info!

Edit: Actually, I'm at 4 all of a sudden xD So nvm I suppose. Weird. Half my levels are gained in the crucible.

B-but the awesome gunplay... 😢

Yeah it seems like this will be a rough year until Destiny 2 (hopefully) launches in september and (hopefully) blows our collective minds.

WipedOut

8PM EST HM Kings Fall Raid.

Anyone have a totems CP I can grab in about an hour?

1. W193D0UT
2. Kortez1981
3. Dr_LawyerCop

Stackboy

I wish Destiny's gunplay wasn't so fucking good. I'd have left a long time ago. Either way, it's side bae for now. I'll log on, get in a round or two of Crucible and I'll be off to do other stuff. I'll still run Iron Banner or some Trials tickets, but it's no longer the main thing I'm playing. Regardless, can't wait for what Destiny 2 brings.

Yeah I'm in the same boat.

8PM EST HM Kings Fall Raid.

Anyone have a totems CP I can grab in about an hour?

1. W193D0UT
2. Kortez1981

Would you mind letting me join? My Titan is only 308. I'm just coming back from a month long break, and haven't had a chance to do hard mode yet. Ran a couple normal raids this weekend so I'm not too rusty, just don't have the light level I want. Totally fine if you take someone else.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

Top Bottom