• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

LTWood12

You're disc-based? gtfo scrub.

one of the last disc games I bought. It actually really annoys me that the game I play the most I have to have a freaking disc in the system. I took it out to play AC:Syndicate, which was a gift. I think that's the only physical game I got in 2015 for PS4.

flkraven

Nothing makes my blood boil more than when legitimate complaints start filling up the Destiny Reddit, and a flood of posts start getting upvoted complaining that people are 'Salty'. I'm sick of that term, and I'm sick of people in that community blindly defending everything and willinging accepting it up the pooper.

Tri4

With the Nightfall glitched and PvP a mess, I'd just like to mention that today is v2.4 patch day over in Diablo 3. Log on, create a new character, season or no, and feel what a good loot game is like. Feel what a game that makes you feel powerful is like.

Your-Father-Darth-Vader.jpg

If only you knew the power of the true DGAF.

Join me.
Lol, just the other day I went over to the diablo 3 GAF to see if it could scratch that destiny itch. Supposedly the multiplayer on consoles is hack hell though which is offputting but I'm still interested.

Nothing makes my blood boil more than when legitimate complaints start filling up the Destiny Reddit, and a flood of posts start getting upvoted complaining that people are 'Salty'. I'm sick of that term, and I'm sick of people in that community blindly defending everything and willinging accepting it up the pooper.

We have to just play the game we have and not complain ever.

Kappa

FyreWulff

Huh. My brother had the Suros emblem and guns on his character, but couldn't equip them anymore since he's on a separate PS4 now. It would say preorder required.

Now it doesn't anymore, and lets him equip them.

edit: ah! they unlocked them for everyone at the same time the Red Bull quest was unlocked

MiTYH

Hi All. So, god help me, I've got this game and PS Plus. Messing around with storylines, just did my first strike, currently level 30. Tried a matchmaking, HA couldn't even hold a candle.

Where's the best place to start out with these new online features that just opened up to me (racing/crucible/matchmaking/etc)? Should I be focusing on leveling up (and where's the best?) or storyline (haven't started taken king yet), or something else? Even a point in the right direction would be great, lots to take in now!

Nuszka

Just got an email from Bungie about receiving an emblem, the one where you need to complete an activity in the first week of January. Funny thing is i haven't played Destiny since 21st of Dec that was when i deleted all my characters and progress of about 1400 h.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm not going to play diablo 3 but Dragon's Dogma is finally about to come out on PC in a couple days
Hi All. So, god help me, I've got this game and PS Plus. Messing around with storylines, just did my first strike, currently level 30. Tried a matchmaking, HA couldn't even hold a candle.

Where's the best place to start out with these new online features that just opened up to me (racing/crucible/matchmaking/etc)? Should I be focusing on leveling up (and where's the best?) or storyline (haven't started taken king yet), or something else? Even a point in the right direction would be great, lots to take in now!
Defintiely continue in the storyline and do bounties, which will level you up quickly. Once you hit 40 you'll continue progressing by finding items with higher and higher Light, and you can do any quests you come across

GutZ31

I'm not going to play diablo 3 but Dragon's Dogma is finally about to come out on PC in a couple days

This is extremely tempting.
Although, I would much rather a Dragons Dogma Online on PS4 to play with the usual DGAFers.
But, that will take much longer, if it ever makes it stateside even.

Complaints about complaints are so annoying. I rolled my eyes so damned hard at this line:

Comparing this game to other games is completely and utterly unfair.​

Give me a break.

The game should be introducing things to you are it's own pace. You should have quests that have you play the story, take you into strikes, and expose you to the different PvP game modes.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This is extremely tempting.
Although, I would much rather a Dragons Dogma Online on PS4 to play with the usual DGAFers.
But, that will take much longer, if it ever makes it stateside even.
I've never played it at all but the combat looks like so much fun. I am trying to beat Kingdoms of Amalur before it comes out cause it seems like there might be some overlap there

Daemul

Anyone going to play the Division beta? I've heard so much good stuff from those who played the Alpha and videos I've seen make the game look really good.

phen0m24

Anyone going to play the Division beta? I've heard so much good stuff from those who played the Alpha and videos I've seen make the game look really good.
Saw there is a new trailer out in today's gaming side thread. Have it pre ordered but wondering if I should get it for ps4 or pc

Destiny is shitting the bed hard enough to make it difficult in finding reason to log in for even a daily.

Yup yup, this is the struggle that's been playing out in my head since around Thanksgiving. I'll have moments where I kinda feel like playing Destiny. Then I start to think about what exactly I'm going to do and end up not even powering on the PS4. Doesn't help when your clan stinks. Buncha Jerks those guys.

flkraven

Complaints about complaints are so annoying. I rolled my eyes so damned hard at this line:

Comparing this game to other games is completely and utterly unfair.​

Give me a break.

Well technically I've got complaints about complaints about complaints, but hopefully that's different :D

embalm

So I hit light level 294 and I'm getting pumped to try some raiding and nightfalls. Anyone on Gaf want to group with a kinderGuardian?

darrenhollywood0

D_psipher

I played the XBOX Alpha and it does give off serious Destiny vibes but I really enjoyed it. It went from may to definitely gonna pick it up. Will be grabbing it on PS4 though. Gonna have to be careful who I play with though. There are a couple of scumbags on my friends list that would betray me for loot.

I played the XBOX Alpha and it does give off serious Destiny vibes but I really enjoyed it. It went from may to definitely gonna pick it up. Will be grabbing it on PS4 though. Gonna have to be careful who I play with though. There are a couple of scumbags on my friends list that would betray me for loot.

What? You can steal loot?
Definitely not playing with nami then. He finds ways to steal loot whens its not even an option.

Namikaze1

I'll be playing the beta on ps4 whenever it is available. I may get the full game day 1 depending on how much I enjoyed the beta.

Definitely not playing with nami then. He finds ways to steal loot whens its not even an option.
All the time.

Already told Noomi he best not have his back turned to me while we're playing.

D_psipher

I think it is in the Darkness Zones. They show that aspect off in one of the trailers. You have to shot a flare and hold that point. Other teams can/will try to kill you for your loot. I think you squad members can even turn on you during that time.

EDIT:
I am similar to Nami in that I am on the receiving end of generous loot drops. I had a friend stop playing because I got a 320 ghost from Iron Banner. I already had one from the raid. He needs one to get his character to 320. He just gave up on the game.

D_psipher

I need to find a way. Is it an open beta? I've likewise heard near universal praise.

Pre-order it on Amazon and you should get a code. That is what I did for the Xbox One Alpha. I did it after the beta launch. I got the code within 5 minutes of pre-ordering. The email was in my junk folder.

GhaleonEB

I'm OG, I still play Destiny on a Disk.

Me too. Drives my daughter nuts, she has to swap out to play Fallout 4.

I have to say, the new approach with the Live team of doing events, rather than content that accumulates over time, is already starting to show as misstep, IMO. The game dearly needs new content and activities; even SRL back on for the weekends or something would be nice.

Liamc723

Huh, Division and Destiny even have "similar" box arts.

Has anyone else ever thought the character in the middle of the Destiny box art looks a little odd? I have for the longest time.

The helmet makes it looks the character is facing forward, but then you have the cape, the gun and his boots all pointing in the opposite direction. So what's with that helmet?

edukate

Someone link Luke to this thread and how it's slowly becoming a Division hype train. Maybe that'll ignite the sense of urgency to make Destiny better.

Mindlog

You get guaranteed Beta access if you pre-order.

Best way to do this is pre-order from Amazon. They don't charge until it actually ships. Pre order, get your code, cancel pre-order.
Pre-order it on Amazon and you should get a code. That is what I did for the Xbox One Alpha. I did it after the beta launch. I got the code within 5 minutes of pre-ordering. The email was in my junk folder.
Thank you both. Will definitely hit up Amazon. I've done that before. Only forgot to cancel the game once :]

I posted this early this morning, but Amazon is offering 20% off on most pre-orders right now for Prime members

Crazy good deal you don't already have GCU at Best Buy.

Amazon said:
20% off new physical video games during pre-order through two weeks after release
Discount will be applied automatically at checkout
Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon
Offer will be automatically extended to all existing Prime member pre-orders.

Someone link Luke to this thread and how it's slowly becoming a Division hype train. Maybe that'll ignite the sense of urgency to make Destiny better.

Luke is likely neck deep in Destiny 3.0.

We need names for the Live Team so we can start stalking them on twitter and such...

>.>

EL CUCO

Division looks hella boring to me. Waiting to play the beta to make the final call. Dont trust Ubi on an online only game tho. We'll see

Top Bottom