• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

ocean

Banned
So there's Doubles this week.

I'm so sick I can't log in again today - wish I could. But those 100 wins for Grimoire need to happen eventually. I'll be looking to group up for doubles all week.

KF WP CM (HM) 10pm EST
rasengan1337
tito
adamkoy
milkham
boombloxer
ich00

I have totems, does anyone have WP, or are you guys ok with totems?

edit: if anyone needs Totems on hard, join me.
PSN same as gaf

boombloxer, what's your PSN? I think I already have you on my FL?

Think so, princeakuma23, on my Titan now.

GhaleonEB

Nightfalls are fun, and I think they are more fun in year 2 than in year 1; better strikes, less punishing wipes, more interesting modifier combinations that do more than just punish.

But I can't remember the last time I got something useful from one. I think maybe once in all of year 2, I got some infusion fodder, or an exotic that I didn't have. Bungie improved the Nightfalls in year 2 but the rewards are simply junk every week. I really don't understand why it didn't get a better look.

Just wondering if any weapon experts here could tell me if any of these are worth a damn. Trying to clean up my vault a bit.

xBi4spO.jpg
Questing Beast Auto Rifle
hip fire
fitted stock
counterbalance

Palecontact Auto Rifle
Hip Fire
Perfect Balance
Third Eye

Apple of Discord Pulse
Headseeker
Rangefinder
Snapshot/Speed Reload

Suros DIS-43 Scout
Fitted Stock
Rodeo
Smallbore

Nightfalls are fun, and I think they are more fun in year 2 than in year 1; better strikes, less punishing wipes, more interesting modifier combinations that do more than just punish.

But I can't remember the last time I got something useful from one. I think maybe once in all of year 2, I got some infusion fodder, or an exotic that I didn't have. Bungie improved the Nightfalls in year 2 but the rewards are simply junk every week. I really don't understand why it didn't get a better look.

Yeah. In Year 1, NF's were good because you ALWAYS wanted to do them. Maybe it's because it's easier to get exotics compared to before with ToC, but doing nightfalls was a must then. Now it's like....if you want marks, sure.

GhaleonEB

Yeah. In Year 1, NF's were good because you ALWAYS wanted to do them. Maybe it's because it's easier to get exotics compared to before with ToC, but doing nightfalls was a must then. Now it's like....if you want marks, sure.

You don't even get marks from Nightfalls, though we should. Just from the weekly heroics.

20 marks from them would be nice! :lol

Jafku

It's unfortunate that the best exotic weapons are all holdovers from Year 1. I mean, apart from the exotic swords are any of the new year 2 weapons exciting to use? The ToM is purely for the raid and then thrown back in the vault along with the black spindle. NTTE was cool getting it but then it went straight into the vault. I mean honestly, does anyone use that POS Boolean Gemini? Exotic weapons in year 2 are for the most part disappointing

Trakan

I liked three of coins at first, but now not so much.

It's too easy to get exotics. Half the fun of playing is the random loot aspect and having something to look forward to. The raid weapons not having elements and sucking in general also greatly hindered the "gotta keep playing" aspect.

E92 M3

It's unfortunate that the best exotic weapons are all holdovers from Year 1. I mean, apart from the exotic swords are any of the new year 2 weapons exciting to use? The ToM is purely for the raid and then thrown back in the vault along with the black spindle. NTTE was cool getting it but then it went straight into the vault. I mean honestly, does anyone use that POS Boolean Gemini? Exotic weapons in year 2 are for the most part disappointing

Bungie's current philosophy for weapons: Boring, mediocre, "balanced," and muted. Rather sad.

When do they show up? I've never seen marks drop after the Nightfall, just rep.

He was making a joke how everything gets dismantled instantly for being useless lol

--

LOL Deej coming back from vacation (via reddit):

qkl1bnf.gif

Jafku

Bungie's current philosophy for weapons: Boring, mediocre, "balanced," and muted. Rather sad.

Well it's working. Also what's the deal with the unreleased exotics? You'd think with nothing in the horizon they'd release the rest of the exotics so we could at least get something to do in this game

Trakan

Well it's working. Also what's the deal with the unreleased exotics? You'd think with nothing in the horizon they'd release the rest of the exotics so we could at least get something to do in this game

They intend those to last all the way til September. Gotta release them nice and slow.

FyreWulff

I'm betting they removed the floating bodies. Because that's so much more important.

Different issues have different lengths of time to fix because they're worked on by different teams and touch different parts of the engine.

Either way, there's probably certain things they can adjust on their side without issuing a complete client patch. They did something similar for Reach where the game didn't support Invasion being in any other playlist than it's own, and were able to update and change their servers to allow Invasion to show up in other playlists due to how it was handled on the backend (because it was actually 6 teams of 2 on the backend, and playlists didn't support multiple team configurations) without ever updating Reach itself.

I think you should always get a side-payout of like, 8 or 10 strange coins minimum. Because then you can decide for yourself what to use them on.

Toki767

Finally got my Hunter to level 40. Already 295 light. That was kind of fun to see going from under 200 light to almost 300 in a matter of minutes.

Oh. :lol

(I was in hospital all last night with food poisoning...still not up to full speed. Not that I ever am...)

I got an exotic shard this week. One more for the pile.

That sucks, food poisoning is like one of the worst diseases ever in terms of how shitty it makes you feel. Hope you are feeling better 😕

I like that they made them less punishing by adding check points. I hate that they made the burns less noticeable. Takes away the fun of having a burn. I also agree that the rewards have been absolute trash. After doing NF every week in Y1, I don't think I've done more than. 4 or 5 in Y2 and they were all right at launch. I have no intentions of doing one again until NF is changed.

I like that they made them less punishing by adding check points. I hate that they made the burns less noticeable. Takes away the fun of having a burn. I also agree that the rewards have been absolute trash. After doing NF every week in Y1, I don't think I've done more than. 4 or 5 in Y2 and they were all right at launch. I have no intentions of doing one again until NF is changed.

Yes, I also gave up on Nightfalls since TTK. I don't get anything but ghosts under 300. Same thing for Shaxx weeklies. Tried a few and only get ghosts under 300.

maomaoIYP

Exactly! Bungie, no 300+ guardian cares about legendary armour.
I understand what you're saying, but that's not entirely true. It's useful to have different sets of armor for perfect pvp loadouts. I'm still trying to get some desired rolls on my alternate characters.

I still find the crucible NFs marginally useful, you can get crucible weapon drops as rewards. Also horn kits and emotes do not seem to be part of the reward table. That being said, this week the crucible NFs gave me 2 ghosts and 17 strange coins. U_U;;;

Mindlog

On the bright side... best use of sarcastic clap after I fell of the map trying to jump to the rotating platforms. Gave me a chuckle :]

Top Bottom