• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

66415622.jpg

Amarite? :D

Got a 310 drop from Oryx this weekend. Not much of a PvP player but this gun is certainly unique. Was on the receiving end of it far too many times, better see what's all the fuss. :D

It's unfortunate that the best exotic weapons are all holdovers from Year 1. I mean, apart from the exotic swords are any of the new year 2 weapons exciting to use? The ToM is purely for the raid and then thrown back in the vault along with the black spindle. NTTE was cool getting it but then it went straight into the vault. I mean honestly, does anyone use that POS Boolean Gemini? Exotic weapons in year 2 are for the most part disappointing

Tlaloc
Zhalo

That's basically it for me.

Is there something wrong with the xbox servers? I keep getting booted every five minutes. It's infuriating. I'm trying to do the daily heroic and can't.

SgtCobra

Having a very hard time choosing between the "right" Suros PDX-41 roll, I think I'm gonna wait for some impressions :p

Anything at the gunsmith worth grabbing this week?
It wouldn't hurt to order the Häkke Lyudmila-D to see if it contains stuff like counter balance next week.

Having a very hard time choosing between the "right" Suros PDX-41 roll, I think I'm gonna wait for some impressions :p

It wouldn't hurt to order the Häkke Lyudmila-D to see if it contains stuff like counter balance next week.

The one with stability and hammerforged if there is one. Scopes are down to personal taste. God roll perk is outlaw for pve/headseeker for pvp. Source: Had both god rolls since very early on in TK, favourite gun in the entire expansion. The stability is a must though and hammerforged is nice, other perks really don't matter a great deal.

SgtCobra

The one with stability and hammerforged if there is one. Scopes are down to personal taste. God roll perk is outlaw for pve/headseeker for pvp. Source: Had both god rolls since very early on in TK, favourite gun in the entire expansion. The stability is a must though and hammerforged is nice, other perks really don't matter a great deal.
Thanks for the advice!
The dilemma right now is that there are two "good" rolls right now.
1: hammer forged/spray & play/hand laid stock
3: perfect balance/icarus/smallbore
Both contain the 28 scope so that's ok.

Yes both middle perks are bad for pvp but the stability would be almost maxed out on both of them, should I bite? If yes, on which one?

The PDX-41 with High Caliber Rounds, Zen Moment, and Rifled Barrel is the best one. Flinching people with High Caliber Rounds is a must, and Zen Moment will help the stability.

Tri4

People hate "join in progress" when their game has it like Destiny.

But then people hate quitters even more when their game doesn't have "join in progress" like in H5.
The problem with both is that there's no penalisation for quitting. If they blocked you from doing PvP for 5-10 mins for quitting, a lot of people would be less likely to quit.

ocean

Banned
No heavy is great, but people camping with Ice Breaker or NLB at the back of a map are more than annoying.
It's not perfect but I love the simplified scoring (100 points per kill, that's it), spawning with no special, the extra awareness required by no radar... Sure, NLB, Invective, Universal Remote and Ice Breaker can sometimes be a pain in the ass but I'll easily take that over constant nonstop 1kYS in every other playlist.

deadduck

It's not perd cr but I love the simplified scoring (100 points per kill, that's it), spawning with no special, the extra awareness required by no radar... Sure, NLB, Invective, Universal Remote and Ice Breaker can sometimes be a pain in the ass but I'll easily take that over constant nonstop 1kYS in every other playlist.

It can be quite fun following people around. It's a great example how much people rely on the radar.

Some of the top pvprs have amazing multitrack position of not only positioning, but player movement. Stabie was great to watch for this.

I'd like a few more sounds to come from guardians, they are pretty stealthy, more could be done here.

It's not perd cr but I love the simplified scoring (100 points per kill, that's it), spawning with no special, the extra awareness required by no radar... Sure, NLB, Invective, Universal Remote and Ice Breaker can sometimes be a pain in the ass but I'll easily take that over constant nonstop 1kYS in every other playlist.

I feel like not having a radar in Destiny doesn't really come down to requiring extra awereness. Especially if you're playing by yourself without team communication.
The Time To Kill is so fast in Destiny and 6v6 is very chaotic, so it mostly comes down to who sees who first or getting shot in the back of the head instead of both sides getting the chance to go into a firefight prepared trying to 'outgun' each other.

ocean

Banned
I feel like not having a radar in Destiny doesn't really come down to requiring extra awereness. Especially if you're playing by yourself without team communication.
The Time To Kill is so fast in Destiny and 6v6 is very chaotic, so it mostly comes down to who sees who first or getting shot in the back of the head instead of both sides getting the chance to go into a firefight prepared trying to 'outgun' each other.
I use my teammates Skull (death) symbols as a way to track enemy positioning, and because of no radar spend the entire match on my toes - I never know when somebody is close (friend or foe).

Deku Tree

The problem with both is that there's no penalisation for quitting. If they blocked you from doing PvP for 5-10 mins for quitting, a lot of people would be less likely to quit.

Bungie should create a "leaver pool" for quitters and make them play with each other. The more you quit, the longer you are stuck in the "leaver pool". They do that in Moba's and it works.

E92 M3

The beauty of Destiny PVP is that it doesn't require any commitment. Feels like playing COD; doesn't matter if people quit or not.

Good runs guys.

Need to get some primaries to 320 to match the Spindle and Heavy.

It was a fine run indeed, we took down those tricky knights! However, my quest for a heavy machine gun continues.

Thanks for the mostly smooth and very fun runs all! On the GTA5 or maybe Mario Maker for the rest of the week.

yeah, it was good playing with you guys!
the weird knights hopefully are not a permanent thing, but I guess we'll have to see next go-round. it's almost like they got a wanderlust like their Crota-sword-bearing cousins... it's crazy that you haven't gotten a 320 HMG, tito! o_O

320 Spindle - get! gotta get my 1KYS to 320 now.

maybe I'll bother to do NF this week...
most likely not

It may be hard to accomplish programmatically, but if the game blocked you from joining another game while the previous one was in progress, at the very least, then that would be a fairly equitable penalty for quitting.

Agent

Yesterday's update must have fixed the crucible drops =P

Also, Destiny is definitely dad.... Got matched up with someone on my friend's list randomly LOL

I was playing Elimination last night to progress in the crucible weekly quest line, and that was brutal. It was literally taking 5 minutes to find players and start the match. I'm just glad that I was able to knock it out in 4 games with 3 wins, because no way I could have suffered through 9 games at that rate of progress.

stay gold

Bungie can hardly punish quitters while their shoddy matchmaking remains in place. If you insist on matching 12 people from 4 different continents in some misguided attempt at skill based matchmaking instead of prioritising connection strength, don't be surprised when people quit.

GutZ31

Yesterday's update must have fixed the crucible drops =P

Also, Destiny is definitely dad.... Got matched up with someone on my friend's list randomly LOL

New player to Destiny: Dude, this game just keeps paying out the loot! I can't believe so many people said this game was a grind with the game being so generous! Those guys must be some really ungrateful assholes!

Oh, the stories we could tell, of a time when engrams had no promise, but a gamble of sanity.

E92 M3

I wonder what the triumphs for Year 2 will be. Assuming doing all of the challenges would be one of the requirements + whatever else they throw at us this year.

Any answer on the server problem? I checked online to see and the most up to date info I got was from yesterday. I've checked my internet connection to see if it was me and my internet is running fine.

Top Bottom