• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

GutZ31

Any answer on the server problem? I checked online to see and the most up to date info I got was from yesterday. I've checked my internet connection to see if it was me and my internet is running fine.
I don't know about everyone else, but yesterday, anything like YouTube, and a few other Google owned services were snails pace slow.
I don't know if it was a server thing going on with Google, or my ISP throttling illegally, but everything else was working fine.

I don't know about everyone else, but yesterday, anything like YouTube, and a few other Google owned services were snails pace slow.
I don't know if it was a server thing going on with Google, or my ISP throttling illegally, but everything else was working fine.

gotta stop downloading that pr0n, gutz! :D

It's not that. It's that I keep getting booted every five or so minutes. I don't think it's a problem on my end since I've checked and I'm fine. I haven't seen any news on if there's a problem on the xbox server side but that must be it. It's annoying when you're trying to complete a mission and have to start over from it each time. I even turned off my system for over an hour to see maybe if I waited some time the issue would be fixed by the time I got back.

flkraven

Ran the nightfall solo. Brought in 2 guild mates as I was taking down the boss so they could get some rewards. They both got 310 exotics. I got a pair of 292 boots....

I haven't run very many Nightfalls over the past few weeks. Maybe 7 or 8 in the last month. Not a single item worth my time. Literally not even infusion fodder. Sub 300 ghosts the last 2 times, and a few heavy weapons around 300. Used to do all 3 on Tuesday before doing anything else.

GutZ31

gotta stop downloading that pr0n, gutz! :D

Downloading pr0N? We're not in the 90's anymore :p
huge.8.42861.JPG

Stream it all day, erry day.

Agent

I decided to finish off the Crucible quest line last night for the weekly bounties. That was probably one of the worst decisions I've made in recent memory. I finished up the Elimination part which led to the 20 points quest (3 points for a win, 1 point for a loss). It was basically a showcase of everything that is wrong with the Crucible.

Lag: A fair portion of the games had multiple people with red bars which was obnoxious. Once of the worst games was someone who was literally teleporting from place to place. Only way to kill him was to hope you got lucky by shotgunning him when he was in a "frozen" state, otherwise he was 20 feet away 3 seconds later.

Matchmaking: Just awful. There were multiple times I was put on a team full of randoms, yet the other team had full fireteams. My favorite match was a game that had a fireteam of 4 and a fireteam of 2, yet my team was entirely randoms. I don't care if the teams were equal in skill level; a fireteam is more than likely going to win over a full group of randoms. Oh, I didn't mention the fact that it takes forever to even get a game started.

Respawning: Thanks for respawning me right beside the stormcaller that killed me 10 seconds ago, and still has the super active. Though, in full disclosure, not many games get respawning right. Black Ops 3 isn't much better.

Players: Why do people play objective based game modes, then never go for said objective? This may be harsh, but if the game detects you never/rarely go for flags in Control then it just needs to block you from playing that game mode. Same with Salvage/Rift.

At the end of the day, I got the 20 points. It took significantly longer than it should have with all of the above happening. Now that I have access to weekly bounties, I probably won't even do them as I'm just annoyed with everything. I've stayed positive for the most part, even through the darker times of Destiny, but it's hard to do so anymore.

E92 M3

I decided to finish off the Crucible quest line last night for the weekly bounties. That was probably one of the worst decisions I've made in recent memory. I finished up the Elimination part which led to the 20 points quest (3 points for a win, 1 point for a loss). It was basically a showcase of everything that is wrong with the Crucible.

Lag: A fair portion of the games had multiple people with red bars which was obnoxious. Once of the worst games was someone who was literally teleporting from place to place. Only way to kill him was to hope you got lucky by shotgunning him when he was in a "frozen" state, otherwise he was 20 feet away 3 seconds later.

Matchmaking: Just awful. There were multiple times I was put on a team full of randoms, yet the other team had full fireteams. My favorite match was a game that had a fireteam of 4 and a fireteam of 2, yet my team was entirely randoms. I don't care if the teams were equal in skill level; a fireteam is more than likely going to win over a full group of randoms. Oh, I didn't mention the fact that it takes forever to even get a game started.

Respawning: Thanks for respawning me right beside the stormcaller that killed me 10 seconds ago, and still has the super active. Though, in full disclosure, not many games get respawning right. Black Ops 3 isn't much better.

Players: Why do people play objective based game modes, then never go for said objective? This may be harsh, but if the game detects you never/rarely go for flags in Control then it just needs to block you from playing that game mode. Same with Salvage/Rift.

At the end of the day, I got the 20 points. It took significantly longer than it should have with all of the above happening. Now that I have access to weekly bounties, I probably won't even do them as I'm just annoyed with everything. I've stayed positive for the most part, even through the darker times of Destiny, but it's hard to do so anymore.

Lol, people haven't been playing for the objective since k/d determined penis size. Can't take the crucible too seriously.

Looks like I'm SOL on trying to get the Raze Lighter until I find a ghost that detects helium filaments. Not gonna try to do that stupid farming quest without one.

Unfortunately the Speaker hasn't had one in his inventory since I've been checking which was 3 resets ago.

GutZ31

Looks like I'm SOL on trying to get the Raze Lighter until I find a ghost that detects helium filaments. Not gonna try to do that stupid farming quest without one.

Unfortunately the Speaker hasn't had one in his inventory since I've been checking which was 3 resets ago.

Pretty horrible timing, but would have been much easier on the hunter. :/
That part of the quest is pure AIDS.
No one wants anything to do with it, everyone feels the pain for others that have it.
It sucks.

Namikaze1

Lol!

Took those two to Shock City. Match went into overtime and they took the lead after capping the relic. Ocean and I came back and won it after using my super on them and disabling the relic with 6 seconds left.

Several vendors sell ghosts. The Speaker, Shaxx, and your Vanguard Leader.

Make sure to check them all.

dood, here's what you do.
while in orbit, exit to PS menu. set your clock back a few days.
land in patrol, find a filament near the edge of one area and is a quick sparrow ride back and forth. harvest filament, ride to and back, harvest filament, etc.
it's the definition of grind, but at least blueberries won't interrupt you, and it will take about 60-90 minutes as long as the Force is with you.

Agent

Lol, people haven't been playing for the objective since k/d determined penis size. Can't take the crucible too seriously.

Oh I agree. I was just ranting because there was easily 3 games that my team should have won but lost in the last 3rd of the match because our team stopped going for control points. When you're relying on wins to finish a bounty the salt flows when it doesn't happen. :p

Granted, its my fault for not just going into Rumble to complete the quest.

Lol!

Took those two to Shock City. Match went into overtime and they took the lead after capping the relic. Ocean and I came back and won it after using my super on them and disabling the relic with 6 seconds left.

Nami finally beginning to realize what the best class in the game is...

S H O C K C I T Y

I know Titan is your main but maybe Friday we should do two Warlocks and my Sunsinger.

Edit: I faced a team of Three Sunsingers with Igor and F1cken Monday and I forgot how brutal that can be.

Deku Tree

You can also try to grind some CoO until you get a blue ghost with helium detector to drop.

Namikaze1

Nami finally beginning to realize what the best class in the game is...

S H O C K C I T Y

I know Titan is your main but maybe Friday we should do two Warlocks and my Sunsinger.

Edit: I faced a team of Three Sunsingers with Igor and F1cken Monday and I forgot how brutal that can be.
But who is going to lay down the law with the Hammer of Justice?

Who's gonna yell "I AM THE LAW" during heavy rounds?

D:

Insaniac

quick question: can the warpriest challenge be completed on normal first, and then again on hard mode (i expect it will just remove the auto 310 drops in hard mode?)

ocean

Banned
Lol!

A thing of beauty.

I don't recall seeing that medal before (Clutch). I've seen "Comeback" though. It was amazing.

E92 M3

so i'm a little long in the tooth, aight? :p
XD

It's okay, just consider yourself a traditionalist ;)

Oh I agree. I was just ranting because there was easily 3 games that my team should have won but lost in the last 3rd of the match because our team stopped going for control points. When you're relying on wins to finish a bounty the salt flows when it doesn't happen. :p

Granted, its my fault for not just going into Rumble to complete the quest.

I feel you, dude. Salt has overtaken us all at one moment or another lol.

All three exotic swords, everyone needs to grind those mats!

Thirsty you have always been a hooligan!

I was playing with my nephew and his buddies last night, Control PvP. One or 2 of them were adamant about capturing all 3 points all the time. I kept telling them stop, we have A and B, just protect A and B. 1 didn't listen, capped C, flipped spawns, and we lost A and B. At that point, we kept dying constantly. I said "C", this is what happens when you cap all 3. Next map later, We have A and B, he still wants to cap C.... we lose A, and he said well now we have to cap C since we lost A.

Some kids are hard to teach.

LTWood12

Which character are you doing it on?

I'd be happy to help you out and run w/ you on my hunter. Using Keen Scout I can show you where the nodes are. Shouldn't take more than an hour. Seems like the perfect Remote Play thing to do.

quick question: can the warpriest challenge be completed on normal first, and then again on hard mode (i expect it will just remove the auto 310 drops in hard mode?)

yes, I believe so, but why would you? o_O

I have checked. None of them sell ghosts that detect helium filaments...unless their ghosts change every reset. I haven't checked them yet since yesterday.

dood, i'm telling you. time travel the crap out of it.

dood, here's what you do.
while in orbit, exit to PS menu. set your clock back a few days.
land in patrol, find a filament near the edge of one area and is a quick sparrow ride back and forth. harvest filament, ride to and back, harvest filament, etc.
it's the definition of grind, but at least blueberries won't interrupt you, and it will take about 60-90 minutes as long as the Force is with you.

I'm beginning to think I will have to actually do this. I have read about it here before.

Which character are you doing it on?

I'd be happy to help you out and run w/ you on my hunter. Using Keen Scout I can show you where the nodes are. Shouldn't take more than an hour. Seems like the perfect Remote Play thing to do.

I actually am doing this on my hunter and have tried twice now to run around the Moon using Keen Scout and got nothing but regular helium filaments. Maybe I should give it another shot...thanks for the offer of help though LT!

LTWood12

I'm beginning to think I will have to actually do this. I have read about it here before.

I actually am doing this on my hunter and have tried twice now to run around the Moon using Keen Scout and got nothing but regular helium filaments. Maybe I should give it another shot...thanks for the offer of help though LT!

The Ghost isn't really going to help you any more than Keen Scout.

Also I joined the 320 Club last night with my Hunter after finally getting a 320 special from Warpriest CM. Shout outs to the crew of LT, JohnofMars, Hawkian, dorssom and T-44 for the good times, even with all those totem wipes (bleargh)

Number45

It's also quite a common perk on blue ghosts if you can get those to drop. I've been levelling a warlock and I've seen it loads.

To which I also need to say: how the fuck does anyone manage jumping puzzles on a warlock? I'm missing the easiest jumps in the campaign missions.

LTWood12

Also I joined the 320 Club last night with my Hunter after finally getting a 320 special from Warpriest CM. Shout outs to the crew of LT, JohnofMars, Hawkian, dorssom and T-44 for the good times, even with all those totem wipes (bleargh)

Fun as always. #teamfirsttry Oryx CM was the highlight (even though it's not Oryx CM week).

It's also quite a common perk on blue ghosts if you can get those to drop. I've been levelling a warlock and I've seen it loads.

To which I also need to say: how the fuck does anyone manage jumping puzzles on a warlock? I'm missing the easiest jumps in the campaign missions.

Step 1 - Be a Boss

Step 2 - Use Controlled Burst

Step 3 - Swoon the ladies

Step 4 - Take people to Shock City

Just use controlled burst and double tap when you start a jump

LTWood12

I still haven't done Oryx CM.

I don't actually know the strategy, so I'm afraid to jump in on people's attempts.

It's the exact same as the regular strat. You just have to get the ogres down ASAP to keep the bombs together. Don't detonate them until the 4th round. That's pretty much it.

Deku Tree

Bungie is working on Destiny 2. People need to learn how to take a break from their most beloved game Destiny and wait for more content later on.

I'd rather have good content later, than rushed not nearly as good content.

GutZ31

I like that.
OT39|Crossroads even works.
Bungie is working on Destiny 2. People need to learn how to take a break from their most beloved game Destiny and wait for more content later on.

I'd rather have good content later, than rushed not nearly as good content.

Like the Dark Below content, and the almost good House of Wolves?

And don't forget about D(estiny)GAF slowly becoming D(ivision)GAF. :p
Division will be my next game as long as ubisoft doesn't ubisoft itself.

Top Bottom