• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

It's kind of insane how content starved this game can seem at times despite just how much there is to do if you're a newcomer. We've all said it, but Bungie needs to communicate and not be so secretive anymore.

Top of Page Edit:

I need more coffee.

GutZ31

It's kind of insane how content starved this game can seem at times despite just how much there is to do if you're a newcomer. We've all said it, but Bungie needs to communicate and not be so secretive anymore.

Top of Page Edit:

I need more coffee.

The amount of content is drastically made useless which was released before TTK.

Plenty of content they pushed with DLC lead to the old content being under leveled/useless past level 34.

The problem with this is that by the time you can do some of this content, you are already getting better green and blue gear than the raids, or prison of elders can give you.

This was poorly thought out.

LTWood12

Why all the Division talk the last couple of days? Did some news or something come out this past week? I will be shocked if it actually releases in March.

The amount of content is drastically made useless which was released before TTK.

Plenty of content they pushed with DLC lead to the old content being under leveled/useless past level 34.

The problem with this is that by the time you can do some of this content, you are already getting better green and blue gear than the raids, or prison of elders can give you.

This was poorly thought out.

That's the most frustrating thing for me. There is so much stuff in the game that would be a lot of fun if there were an incentive to do it and it were challenging. Even doing VoG, CE, and PoE for 'fun' doesn't capture what it was like to do them when your level/equipment was on par with the challenge. Add to that all the ol' strikes that have been thrown in the garbage and it's just ridiculous. There's so much in the game I'd like to have a reason to do.

CYlc2u2UsAEWU5E.jpg:large

Hahahaha Monopoly? So random.

ocean

Banned
I still haven't done Oryx CM.

I don't actually know the strategy, so I'm afraid to jump in on people's attempts.
Lets ignore bugs for a minute. It's actually easier than a normal run strat! No joke.

The standard setup calls for two Defender Titans standing between Daughters platforms. One will pop Blessing and the other will pop Weapons as soon as the first platform is activated. With Blessing+Weapons they will use their Touch of Malice to quickly melt Ogres as soon as they spawn.

Platform holders are required to kill their respective Knights. Since we're fairly high level in general this is pretty easy - they go down with two snipes to the face. Since the 4th platform is never activated, Knight #4 is taken care of by the bubble Titans in the middle.

Once the runner has the relic, everyone abandons their platforms to wait in the middle - the Titan bubbles should still be there while you wait for the Aura. By now, there's 6 people in the middle, buffed by Titan bubbles and inside the relic. You just gotta stay there, gangbang the poor Vessel (goes down so fast) and shoot Oryx when he opens up.

Since the Challenge mode requires detonating 16 bombs at once, you'll stay put once Oryx is staggered. No running out of the relic. This is why I say it's easier - a ton of deaths occur while people detonate their bombs in a normal run.

Since no bombs are detonated, Oryx calls in the Shade. This means no running in circles - after the Aura disappears he'll set up the Thunderdome in the front. You take care of the Shade like you always do.

That's pretty much it. You do this 4 times - except on the 4th run you actually go ahead and detonate the bombs (taking all his health, so he goes to his "last stand" at the front instead of the Shade). One of the floaters in the middle has to remember he'll have to detonate the 4th bomb btw.

One thing: if a Knight gets good at running and eats your bombs you can still salvage the run. Just run one extra cycle (5 cycles instead of 4) to make up for the lost bombs.

Sometimes an Ogre will teleport and screw things up. Sometimes Oryx will take 0 damage from a 16 bomb detonation which should finish him. Sometimes people will randomly die going in or out of the Shade dome. As far as I know, there's nothing to do about these except pray you luck out and don't hit these bugs. But outside the bugs, Oryx CM is super easy as long as your runner is competent

Lets ignore bugs for a minute. It's actually easier than a normal run strat! No joke.

The standard setup calls for two Defender Titans standing between Daughters platforms. One will pop Blessing and the other will pop Weapons as soon as the first platform is activated. With Blessing+Weapons they will use their Touch of Malice to quickly melt Ogres as soon as they spawn.

Platform holders are required to kill their respective Knights. Since we're fairly high level in general this is pretty easy - they go down with two snipes to the face. Since the 4th platform is never activated, Knight #4 is taken care of by the bubble Titans in the middle.

Once the runner has the relic, everyone abandons their platforms to wait in the middle - the Titan bubbles should still be there while you wait for the Aura. By now, there's 6 people in the middle, buffed by Titan bubbles and inside the relic. You just gotta stay there, gangbang the poor Vessel (goes down so fast) and shoot Oryx when he opens up.

Since the Challenge mode requires detonating 16 bombs at once, you'll stay put once Oryx is staggered. No running out of the relic. This is why I say it's easier - a ton of deaths occur while people detonate their bombs in a normal run.

Since no bombs are detonated, Oryx calls in the Shade. This means no running in circles - after the Aura disappears he'll set up the Thunderdome in the front. You take care of the Shade like you always do.

That's pretty much it. You do this 4 times - except on the 4th run you actually go ahead and detonate the bombs (taking all his health, so he goes to his "last stand" at the front instead of the Shade). One of the floaters in the middle has to remember he'll have to detonate the 4th bomb btw.

One thing: if a Knight gets good at running and eats your bombs you can still salvage the run. Just run one extra cycle (5 cycles instead of 4) to make up for the lost bombs.

Sometimes an Ogre will teleport and screw things up. Sometimes Oryx will take 0 damage from a 16 bomb detonation which should finish him. Sometimes people will randomly die going in or out of the Shade dome. As far as I know, there's nothing to do about these except pray you luck out and don't hit these bugs. But outside the bugs, Oryx CM is super easy as long as your runner is competent

And I could do this on Normal and just ignore the part about Knights, right?

E92 M3

Yes, but it's more rewarding to do it on hard.

Looking at Gaf's most anticipated games of 2016
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=191920518

Crazy that we have almost no information regarding a Destiny sequel if indeed it is coming out this fall.

edit: Press Sneak Fuck knows the dirt.
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/687313804682768385

It is VERY hard to believe that Bungie will have nothing for 2016 lol

Number45

Step 1 - Be a Boss

Step 2 - Use Controlled Burst

Step 3 - Swoon the ladies

Step 4 - Take people to Shock City

Just use controlled burst and double tap when you start a jump
Yeah, I think I'm spoiled with the titan/hunter. With the warlock it seems that if you need to not lose height and you don't double tap you're immediately fucked.

Gonna take me until Destiny 2 to fully level all subclasses though. Still only have Nightstalker on my hunter as well.

ocean

Banned
Ive never tried but I imagine so. I've run this with many incompetent teams (sad Ocean doing LFG runs) but Knights are really not an issue anymore. The biggest cause for wipes is bugs or weird deaths in the Shade, which means it'll be the same effort for a Normal and a Heroic clear. Don't see why you'd go for Normal...

Heroic Challenge is the only thing in the game that feels generous. Guaranteed 320 + 310 (From Normal CM) + your Heroic/Normal drops (if any).

GhaleonEB

Bungie's silence until the 21st is a mistake. People are moving on.

This is where providing a clear roadmap, even for the very near term, would be useful. They seem to be in a mode of announcing things immediately before they come out, which means players have nothing to look ahead to. I literally have no idea what to expect other than two "events" of various sizes over the next five months.

Their communication in 2015 was really bad. I really hope they take a different approach this year.

They've publicly said that they're fine with that, I don't think they want to infinitely churn out weak content that we know is difficult for them to develop. What's happening now is better.

I do agree that they could be clearer about their future plans, though.

LTWood12

Yes, but it's more rewarding to do it on hard.

It is VERY hard to believe that Bungie will have nothing for 2016 lol

Oh for sure. I know there'll be something, but I'm starting to have doubts that it'll be a full blown sequel, with a lot more content than The Taken King.

E92 M3

This is where providing a clear roadmap, even for the very near term, would be useful. They seem to be in a mode of announcing things immediately before they come out, which means players have nothing to look ahead to. I literally have no idea what to expect other than two "events" of various sizes over the next five months.

Their communication in 2015 was really bad. I really hope they take a different approach this year.

Yeah, I do miss the old road map of where we knew that two DLC packs were coming. The next BWU should be huge, but I am doubtful.

Oh for sure. I know there'll be something, but I'm starting to have doubts that it'll be a full blown sequel, with a lot more content than The Taken King.

Well, Oryx has a lot of relatives; so I'm sure someone else will be pissed and arrive in Dread(er)naught and park next to Jupiter.

I'm down with that.

ocean

Banned
I wonder how long they've been working on a sequel full time. I mean if they just had a year to work with (fall '15 - fall '16) after TTK I doubt it'll be too meaningful.

I'd have rathered they stayed with the original model of US$20 expansions every few months.

And what's really weird is that their community management department is relatively large. What do urk, deej and cozmo do throughout the day, anyway? Because it's not community management...

Frenden

Banned
I'm not much of a shotty guy, so I have a question for face splat gaf.

In a post-shot package nerf world, is this Party Crasher worth infusing up?

• AggBalls
  • Full Auto
  • Reinforced Barrel
  • Danger Close

pc1.png

Deku Tree

And what's really weird is that their community management department is relatively large. What do urk, deej and cozmo do throughout the day, anyway? Because it's not community management...

They most likely talk to Bungie's business partners.

And they spend time "listening" to the feedback and communicating it to the developers. They often "listen" without talking to us about it.

LTWood12

• AggBalls
  • Full Auto
  • Reinforced Barrel
  • Danger Close

pc1.png

Beyond 305? That's already high enough for IB/Trials. Seems slightly better than the quest Conspiracy Theory-D.

Trakan

They've already said they're fine with that, and expect people to come back with new content. Some will, some won't. They've also already laid out their shitty gameplan for this year. The small event, the bigger event, and that's probably it until June with E3. Then the Destiny 2 floodgates will open.

The only better perk you could have is rangefinder, but 305 is plenty. No need to infuse it.

WavyStretch

Neo Member

Well Deej clearly spends his days reading a thesaurus. Cozmo is probably running multiple accounts acting as a defense force on Reddit.

Frenden

Banned
Beyond 305? That's already high enough for IB/Trials. Seems slightly better than the quest Conspiracy Theory-D.

The only better perk you could have is rangefinder, but 305 is plenty. No need to infuse it.

Okay, cool. I used to be down with what the good perks were during the HoW rerolling days. I sorta assumed Rangefinder was still better than Full Auto, but wasn't sure if this was a decent roll without it.

I think it's time I tried to learn shotguns. And 305 it is.

stay gold

• AggBalls
  • Full Auto
  • Reinforced Barrel
  • Danger Close

pc1.png

Oh yeah.

With aggressive and reinforced barrel you get the impact and range of the God roll CTD from the quest, but with double the ROF (full auto will make this stand out even more).

Love my Party Crasher.

Just noticed it's 305 already. Maybe dont infuse, but use the shit out of it.

Frenden

Banned
Oh yeah.

With aggressive and reinforced barrel you get the impact and range of the God roll CTD from the quest, but with double the ROF (full auto will make this stand out even more).

Love my Party Crasher.

Just noticed it's 305 already. Maybe dont infuse, but use the shit out of it.

Cool--the only shotty I am intimately familiar with is Found Verdict, so the full auto bit excited me. It's familiar at least! A good starting point to get comfortable with PvP use. I've been a devout TLW snipes guy for a long time.

(Fatebringer, Verdict, & Gjallahorn 4lyf, Bungie! Hear that? FOR LIFE!)

CLBridges

After spending a good month going through TTK content, I have to say it's pretty good. Although, I haven't done the raid yet, may never touch it but we'll see. I'm still amazed at how I'm seeing a lot of Y1 weapons in the crucible, especially Thorn which is fine by me. I'm just kinda lost as to getting exotics, I'm using the Three of Coins and just happened to get The Hereafter sniper (twice smh). But, other than that I've only gotten Boolean Gemini which doesn't seem useful and Mida which is great. Oh well, guess I'll keep grinding until I get some other stuff.

On another note, I'll probably be seeing alot of you in the Division beta, I wanna see if it's similar to vanilla Destiny and if it's good enough to pull me from Destiny.

Mindlog

That GAF anticipated list is somewhat impressive. 5/10 for me.
Horizon, DS3, ME:A, Deus Ex, NMS
I'd bump up Division, XCom 2, Mirror's Edge.
I'd probably round out my top 10 with titles most of GAF completely ignores :(
I forgot about South Park! Really enjoyed the first game.
Well Deej clearly spends his days reading a thesaurus. Cozmo is probably running multiple accounts acting as a defense force on Reddit.
Or in whereto forth not necessarily a thesaurus so much as a similar book in which words explode to create similar meanings, but with a resolute emphasis on expended verbosity.

Just messing Deej. We like to have fun around here.
Well, Oryx has a lot of relatives; so I'm sure someone else will be pissed and arrive in Dread(er)naught and park next to Jupiter.

I'm down with that.
That would be a hilarious running gag.

Toddler

I'm down with that.

Nah, Vex reclaim Mercury, new element damage is introduced (Hydro). Basically, Gaurdians arrive to extinguish the Vex with super water guns.

Day. Fucking. One.

stay gold

Cool--the only shotty I am intimately familiar with is Found Verdict, so the full auto bit excited me. It's familiar at least! A good starting point to get comfortable with PvP use. I've been a devout TLW snipes guy for a long time.

(Fatebringer, Verdict, & Gjallahorn 4lyf, Bungie! Hear that? FOR LIFE!)

I'd actually advise not relying on Full Auto too much at first as ideally you want to work out and get comfortable with the OHK range asap. Plus if you play Warlock you're better off getting into the habit of following every shot with a melee to proc flame shield, life steal etc...

What's the best shotty right now and how can I get it?

Party Crasher +1, it's a crucible drop unfortunatley. Though the CTD from the quest is perfectly fine also.

Frenden

Banned
Get out of here with that. *Returns to the salt mines*
I don't even deserve it. I went super negative my first match with it. Me + shotties = I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING.

I'd actually advise not relying on Full Auto too much at first as ideally you want to work out and get comfortable with the OHK range asap. Plus if you play Warlock you're better off getting into the habit of following every shot with a melee to proc flame shield, life steal etc.

Okay, noted. I've got a lot to learn with this playstyle.

Top Bottom