• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

WipedOut

Yeah no. It was annoying and frustrating.

Hell, Blink is still annoying. God damned teleportation has no place in what is supposed to be a competitive mode. It's such an overpowered crutch that can let absolutely anyone escape certain death that no other jump ability would.

Gahhh it frustrates me endlessly, especially being a Titan. Sure do love being the only class that can't pull this BS! Sunbreakers should have had Blink to complete the triangle.

Though admittedly I'd rather be Blink shotgunned than the current meta of "everyone hardscoping down every hallway of the map with snipers".

Honestly PvP would be so much more fun if special weapons were just outright dropped. Destiny's health is near that of Halo's, it's not insta-kill like COD. So having everyone spawn with these 1HKO weapons just breaks the primary play. It's all about shotguns and snipers. I have Gears of War for when I want to play Shotguns: The Game, I'd like to enjoy a round of Destiny without having some ass eat my bullets, run right through them, and kill me with one shot.

Maybe they should take note of what they did right with halo - Have special / heavy weapon pickups. That would alleviate the sniper/shotgun meta that is going on.

I want this in Destiny 2

3638f022640937.56316062286b8.jpg

So HM Raid anyone? 10pm est?

Pandora012
GibbShift
WipedOut
Kaikken
lostsupper
Taffy

And we are FULL.

For those that I am not friends with are these your psn?

Maybe they should take note of what they did right with halo - Have special / heavy weapon pickups. That would alleviate the sniper/shotgun meta that is going on.
Why this is not a thing for special ammo I do not know.

Spoo

Though admittedly I'd rather be Blink shotgunned than the current meta of "everyone hardscoping down every hallway of the map with snipers".

Really?

I mean, at least sniping takes a modicum of skill. Sure, it's a one shot, but it's an earned one shot, versus, you know, having someone point a conspiracy theory D in your general direction and take you out.

WipedOut

So HM Raid anyone? 10pm est?

Pandora012
GibbShift
WipedOut
Kaikken
lostsupper
Taffy

And we are FULL.

For those that I am not friends with are these your psn?

Why this is not a thing for special ammo I do not know.

Seriously, they should at the very least treat special the way they do heavy. You get both special boxes then you deserve to snipe until you're out of ammo. Reduce the amount to two magazine clips, problem solved with Shotties and Snipers. You die your ammo dies with you until next special pickup.

Really?

I mean, at least sniping takes a modicum of skill. Sure, it's a one shot, but it's an earned one shot, versus, you know, having someone point a conspiracy theory D in your general direction and take you out.

It's not when you have super aim assist weapons like 1000 Yard Stare, shit just magnetizes to peoples heads

2real4tv

I don't understand the complaints and how Destiny should be like another game. I like the game the way it is.

Why would you want game x to be like game y...just play game x.

stay gold

Really?

Getting into shotgun range without dying is the skill part of shotgunning. Not so hard with pre-nerf blink admittedly, but now, shotgunning is absolutely more difficult than aiming your reticule at head height and waiting for someone to walk into it.

WipedOut

Getting into shotgun range without dying is the skill part of shotgunning. Not so hard with pre-nerf blink admittedly, but now, shotgunning is absolutely more difficult than aiming your reticule at head height and waiting for someone to walk into it.

I would agree that Shotguns are about where they should be at.... Finally. One negative thing I would say about them now would be that they are inconsistent when it comes to range. It never seems that two shots at range are ever the same. I would say that is more likely due to lag than the weapon itself but still very frustrating at times.

Currently the game is just missing the "magic" items, touch or feeling IMO. And there is no "expansions" like TDB or HoW
even though they were poorly received
. Just waiting for that burning passion to return to destiny. Thus igniting the flames of loot chasing in myself :)

Don't fail me bungie. Of course rl, my shameful gaming backlog, and etc is keeping me busy as well.

I do miss playing with DGAF. Those were some of my favorite and best gaming experiences I had. Damn might boot it up just to see how Pvp and pve are for fun.

Spoo

Just like how it's really hard to stay camped in a corner and wait for someone to come around the corner? But if the response to that is "Oh, you'd be dumb to that", the same response can be made for people who don't peek around corners first to see the glint of a sniper.

I'd say snipers/shotguns are both in need of a rethink, to be sure, but it does neither of good I suppose to both underestimate how difficult it is to get into close range for a shotgun kill, or overestimate how easy it is to get a head shot with a sniper.

Blink is still very much a problem in my opinion, since it's often a get out of jail free card when it shouldn't be. But more than that, I'd say the single biggest problem in MP has a lot less to do with weapon balancing (they are unbalanced), then the lag we're all having in our matches. A bad meta is a bad meta, but with this kind of lag the offensiveness of the weapons is really magnified a hundred fold :\

Seriously, they should at the very least treat special the way they do heavy. You get both special boxes then you deserve to snipe until you're out of ammo. Reduce the amount to two magazine clips, problem solved with Shotties and Snipers. You die your ammo dies with you until next special pickup.

It's not when you have super aim assist weapons like 1000 Yard Stare, shit just magnetizes to peoples heads

If only this were the case.

Currently the game is just missing the "magic" items, touch or feeling IMO. And there is no "expansions" like TDB or HoW
even though they were poorly received
. Just waiting for that burning passion to return to destiny. Thus igniting the flames of loot chasing in myself :)

Don't fail me bungie. Of course rl, my shameful gaming backlog, and etc is keeping me busy as well.

I do miss playing with DGAF. Those were some of my favorite and best gaming experiences I had. Damn might boot it up just to see how Pvp and pve are for fun.

I've been playing the last month on Tuesdays with DGAF just to hang out with them. I only run my Titan but stick around and run it 3x with them. Don't even care about loot.
320 Class Item. Sorry Not Sorry, LT.

Spoo

If only this were the case.

lol, I know right? I jumped ship from the Eirene to 1000-yard when I was told it had crazy aim assist (though they had to nerf the LitC to make it a compelling argument imo), and now find whatever assist it does give to be more a problem than a boon :\

To everyone saying that ammo regulation is the problem though, how do we deal with things like Ice Breaker, which you still find people rocking in Trials because they don't need to bother with ammo (which is still a OSK if it's a precision shot)? I guess the easy answer would be "Well, fixed the weapons on a case-by-case basis" -- but Bungie seems to be unable to do anything without a hammer when it comes to classes of weapons.

Deku Tree

Doubles are fun but not on those bigger maps like Frontier, Crossroads, Vertigo. It's like they just threw a standard random rotation with no consideration of complimenting the game mode.

They should have given us doubles on skyshock. I could have gotten into that.

Was playing Wicher 3 and looking at picking up the expansion. This review had a pretty good burn:

CXx4ljSWMAABUHY.png

Witcher 3 is sooooo good, though. And so is Diablo 3 and the new 2.4 patch.

There's never been a better time to stop playing Destiny.

So anyone for Trials on Friday?

Was playing Wicher 3 and looking at picking up the expansion. This review had a pretty good burn:

CXx4ljSWMAABUHY.png

I am definetly getting the expansion for Witcher 3. Finally have been getting into it now that I have all this downtime with no Destiny taking up most of my play time. The game is just beautiful and deep in every part. I just love wandering off into the land because its so mesmerizing. Definetly the first game this gen to make me say wow many times.

I am definetly getting the expansion for Witcher 3. Finally really have been getting into it now that I have all this downtime with no Destiny taking up most if my play time. The game is just beautiful and deep in every part. I just love wandering off into the land because its so mesmerizing. Definetly the first game this gen to make me say wow quite a few times.

As a dad, it's the first game that really pulls my heartstrings. Running around Kaer Mohren with Ciri. Right in the feels.

- 3oC and Glass Needles - beautiful additions, 10/10

You can call it rose tinted of whatever. RNG did suck for exotics but activities had purpose back then and most events mattered. Now it's kind of like there's no reason to play anymore.

Am I the only one that wants a return to RNG exotics and the removal of 3oC?

Keep exotic quests for some gear but chasing exotics provided the greatest incentive to repeat end game material. The excitement of getting a coveted piece of gear has been completely lost. The NF has been rendered pointless. Shared experiences like hosting Gorgon's and awaiting Xur are gone. Of course they need to make truly great exotics again.

Blunoise

CXx4ljSWMAABUHY.png

It is sooo good i just got it last week, im not even halfway through the game its so immersive :) Destiny 2 needs that liveliness in its world to give me that same feeling

Presently Diablo GAF. Played some the last 2 nights.

I logged in on my Wizard, TR meteors doing 2B damage, normals doing 44-80M. I'll play this some more.

Ive never tried but I imagine so. I've run this with many incompetent teams (sad Ocean doing LFG runs) but Knights are really not an issue anymore. The biggest cause for wipes is bugs or weird deaths in the Shade, which means it'll be the same effort for a Normal and a Heroic clear. Don't see why you'd go for Normal...

Heroic Challenge is the only thing in the game that feels generous. Guaranteed 320 + 310 (From Normal CM) + your Heroic/Normal drops (if any).

This--most of the time, we have the 16 bomb glitch, or someone being warped into a shade strike.

That GAF anticipated list is somewhat impressive. 5/10 for me.
Horizon, DS3, ME:A, Deus Ex, NMS
I'd bump up Division, XCom 2, Mirror's Edge.

ME:A is something I've waited a long time for. Hopefully the MP is as good as 3, because there were at least 7 guys I'd play with on any given night, ans saving Gold Runs with the AIU or Geth Trooper or Turian Havoc was so good.

Really?

Barely. The aim assist and bullet magnetism is huge.

I can definitely say this because even I can snipe somewhat successfully, and I'm a goddamned terrible sniper in every other FPS I've ever played. I feel like as long as I have the reticle on the upper half of someone, I will get a headshot, guaranteed. Hell, even if the reticle is a few inches to the left or right of their head, magnetism will usually give me the kill anyway.

And then there's also the fact that there are perks literally designed to up the assist. Hidden hand.

Presently Diablo GAF. Played some the last 2 nights.

I logged in on my Wizard, TR meteors doing 2B damage, normals doing 44-80M. I'll play this some more.

Finally got my Hammer of the Ancient Barbarian build finished. Hammer smashing for up to 10 Billion is delicious. They nail the power fantasy in that game. They also have so many diverse builds. There aren't really builds in Destiny. I really hope Destiny 2 brings some real variety.

Keep exotic quests for some gear but chasing exotics provided the greatest incentive to repeat end game material. The excitement of getting a coveted piece of gear has been completely lost. The NF has been rendered pointless. Shared experiences like hosting Gorgon's and awaiting Xur are gone. Of course they need to make truly great exotics again.

Yes. With as stingy as the game is with useful loot, not having the 3oC to boost loot opportunities would actually make me play less.

Now, boost the blues/purples up to 310, and crank up the drop rate and variety. Then we talk about limiting the exotic drops again.

Nice clips. I'm not seeing anything that raises a red flag. With that gif of the quickscope kill, I mean, how often is he pulling off shots like that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRJ4CdU8sMk

Is what this guy has to say completely bs? I'm not being facetious.

Cant say i agree with him at all. Show this video to twilight (person i respect the most when it comes to pvp around here) and he will probably burst out laughing at the "1k stare is actually harder to use than LDR or x" part.

I can agree that flinch was increased especially for pulse rifles and Mida but thats not nearly enough to stop snipers from being what they are currently in the meta.

ocean

Banned

A lot of people feel this way, you aren't alone. I can't say I agree though. I mean a pure RNG system like Destiny's makes sense when there's a ton of good stuff to get. But Y1 had 27 Exotic Weapons from launch through HoW.

Of these 27:
5 of those were Vanilla bounties.
3 of them were HoW bounties.
2 of them were Raid-exclusive drops.
3 were PS exclusive

The rest were all sold by Xur - twice or more.

My point is, Exotics weren't rare. There were too few and they all got sold or were otherwise guaranteed by just playing (except the PS exclusives, those could be elusive). With so little loot and so many Exotic rolls, we swam in duplicates. Getting something didn't make you lucky - *not* getting it made you unlucky.

Narmer's Horn, Noomi's Hawkmoon, Raybunzy's 4th Horseman, Drizzay's Thunderlord... These were just frustrating and unfair situations where someone played as much as I (or more!) but was left waiting for a super long time just because randomness. That isn't cool. But that's just my opinion!

CXx4ljSWMAABUHY.png

This is great. Good on CDPR for the burn.

Imagine if Bungie didn't get in bed with Activision. Imagine the game we could be playing right now. As much as I like Destiny, it could have been so much better.

Cant say i agree with him at all. Show this video to twilight (person i respect the most when it comes to pvp around here) and he will probably burst out laughing at the "1k stare is actually harder to use than LDR or x" part.

I can agree that flinch was increased especially for pulse rifles and Mida but thats not nearly enough to stop snipers from being what they are currently in the meta.

Personally, I find 1ks hard to use. I came from killzone shadow fall which had zero aim assist. And for me I hit headshots easier with other snipers, the Eirenne for example. No idea on the aim assist stat for it but I reckon it's lower than 1ks.

Snipers are ridiculously easy to use in destiny. I've hit shots before that I have no right in hitting.

LTWood12

I see both sides of the exotic debate. But I'll never forget checking reddit at 6 am one friday last January and seeing Ice Breaker listed. Both T-44 and I had been wanting it more than anything else since the week after it was originally sold the month of launch. I texted him and we both flipped the fuck out. So much fun. I miss moments like that.

Every week I do NF 3 times and every week I am disappointed.

Only exotic weapon I need is Super Good Advice and I just need a few more armor pieces on my Warlock and Titan.

I don't understand the complaints and how Destiny should be like another game. I like the game the way it is.

Why would you want game x to be like game y...just play game x.

Imagine if Destiny had the loot and replayability of Diablo 3.

It would be the best game ever. That's why we want it to be like game X. Because we want Game Y to be as perfect as Game X.

Personally, I find 1ks hard to use. I came from killzone shadow fall which had zero aim assist. And for me I hit headshots easier with other snipers, the Eirenne for example. No idea on the aim assist stat for it but I reckon it's lower than 1ks.

Snipers are ridiculously easy to use in destiny. I've hit shots before that I have no right in hitting.

Eirene AA is very low, ~20. 1kYS is 56, 71 w Shortgaze.

If people do better w Eirene than 1k it's because they don't do fast, drag scope snipes ala Krafty. Sniper AA really only helps for these playstyles due to reticle slowdown, it's not gonna help slower more deliberate snipers who try to line up shots before firing.

So appeals to authority aren't valid because you can appeal to your own authority? That doesn't make much sense. It's better to actually look at the claims made rather than who is making them. Better players than Twilight have been divided on the topic, so there really is no endgame if we're looking at who instead of what.

Toddler

Another thing I haven't seen mentioned about Y1 Nightfalls were the XP buff. Even if I didn't get anything worthy to drop end game, I always needed that buff to upgrade my stuff.

Now, you just pop a few motes of light (or I do at least).

Top Bottom