• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

edukate

Luke, say something... Engage the community about the future of Destiny.

I'm concerned of the potential shafting that will occur in next week's update-- that is, selling extremely vague news as news...

tumblr_lqhc55cLw41qzvu53o1_250.gif

Currently is this how Dgaf is feeling?

I like the complaining going on, because its true, all of it.

I just wish Bungie cared enough to listen, and change. Light level sucks now, and itas more RNG than it has ever been. We get robbed on infusion, and I dont use a variety of weapons,

its always:
Hung Jury
TOM
1000 yard
and 320 machine gun or 320 Dragon. That's all I have equipped in the last 2 months.

I like the complaining going on, because its true, all of it.

I just wish Bungie cared enough to listen, and change. Light level sucks now, and itas more RNG than it has ever been. We get robbed on infusion, and I dont use a variety of weapons,

its always:
Hung Jury
TOM
1000 yard
and 320 machine gun or 320 Dragon. That's all I have equipped in the last 2 months.

Completely agree.

General pve content I am rocking hung jury, black spindle and raid machine gun. Only change is the late stages of raid when I use ToM and 1kYS.

PVP it's either MIDA Or supercell with conspiracy theory or Eirenne sniper.

I have loads of weapons with good rolls sat in my vault that have never been used. Because they would mean a drop in light for some content and I don't want to waste loads of resources infusing them.

Frenden

Banned
No BWU this week sucks. Community is overdue for tending to. We all need vacations, but schedule something canned--anything. Now would be a great time to admit the current endgame needs tweaking, cop to the ridiculous amount of bugs and inconsistency the game has shown lately, and dangle some new content.

Chances are, next week--after this hiatus, even--we won't get any of that. Maybe a vague promise of more to come. Sigh.

GhaleonEB

Does anyone leave Destiny happy? I know Bungie talked a big game about this in the lead up to Taken King, but it doesn't feel like it. People leave frustrated still.

I did. I still hop on and do a mission now and then, but I'm taking a break and will be doing a lot of catch up on my backlog over the next few months.

I loved the Taken King. The new campaign, the new and remixed strikes. The Taken War. The patrol improvements, the player triggerable events in the Dreadnaught (and the ship itself). I even love the new Iron Banner (I did the last two after skipping all previous entries). I really enjoyed King's Fall.

There's this gulf between what Destiny could be and what it is, and TTK closed a very big chunk of it. I'm happy to take a step back and wait for further updates.

The endgame is too sparse, the rewards too inconsistent, the horizontal progression too slow. But I'm expecting these things to get better over time.

deadduck

Maybe a vague promise of more to come. Sigh.

Credit where it is due, Bungie have excelled at vaugue information and we'll get lots of that next week.

Guessing the only concrete information we'll have is the 'Festival of the Lost 2' which if it is as expected I have 0 interest in.

LTWood12

I did. I still hop on and do a mission now and then, but I'm taking a break and will be doing a lot of catch up on my backlog over the next few months.

I loved the Taken King. The new campaign, the new and remixed strikes. The Taken War. The patrol improvements, the player triggerable events in the Dreadnaught (and the ship itself). I even love the new Iron Banner (I did the last two after skipping all previous entries). I really enjoyed King's Fall.

There's this gulf between what Destiny could be and what it is, and TTK closed a very big chunk of it. I'm happy to take a step back and wait for further updates.

The endgame is too sparse, the rewards too inconsistent, the horizontal progression too slow. But I'm expecting these things to get better over time.

I love your positive vibes Ghaleon.

This thread has taken a turn for the worse. The 0.04% of the 4% is real.

That's my problem. I was in that 1% of the 1% in Year 1. I loved the game, faults and all. I had 3 max level characters. Had every raid drop. Sucked at PvP but still tried for the lighthouse. Did the Hopscotch Grind (100+ strikes).

Year 2 feels so bad that I only run one character. I've only done the hard raid all the way through twice
320 class item, so sorry, LT
. I've abandoned by Warlock & Hunter.

I play so much less than I did Year 1. And I wish I didn't have to. I'd like to play more.

edit: I'm glad people are responding to my question about leaving happy. :)

Gammacide

Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up too high for next week's update, but I'm still hopeful they are actively working on improved content and community communications for the 21st and onward. We all need something to get us genuinely excited again!

Edit: And to answer the question of whether I leave happy or not, I do. I definitely do. I love this game more than any other since childhood. Year 1 was an insanely fantastic sci-fi journey. Year 2's more ominous tone takes away from the happiness of my player experience though, along with the other things year 2 has gotten wrong. And I mean that on a very basic level: e g. the title screen used to evoke adventure and wonder in year 1; now it is more a sense of dread and oppression. I realize that is part of the theme for TTK. but it just isn't as enjoyable for me. The raid weapons and ship and even chitin (sp?) all also just give me a vague sense of sadness too. Hopefully the next expansion is more full of the magical discovery and exploration that made year 1 so great.

Do you think Bungie designed TTK raid weapons to be nothing more than infusion fodder?

What do you expect when the weapons are pure hot garbage!

Remember that feeling when you got the Fate bringer? I want that feeling again. Raid weapons have been shit for so long....................

WipedOut

Do you think Bungie designed TTK raid weapons to be nothing more than infusion fodder?

Remember that feeling when you got the Fate bringer? I want that feeling again. Raid weapons have been shit for so long....................

They've been hot garbage since Crota, the only exception was Black Hammer but they ended up nerfing that to hell.

edukate

Let's be clear, Destiny year 1 played like an extended beta... See the Speaker as proof- he's been the bandaid of all failed economy systems.

Year 2 has been slow as hell in terms of content. Bungie has their priorities in order if it involves $$$... See Tes as proof-- they've added new emotes rather quickly. Wouldn't surprise me if next week they announce an injection of new emotes.

Raven117

They have stated that they really hated that the weapons from Vault were so good. Which is stupid.

Why would you do the hardest pve content in the gaming usually taking HOURS in the first couple of weeks, to get a bad weapon? I see what they were concerned about, but in practice, it made the game boring.

Fatebringer, Vision, Fang, Black Hammer were all awesome weapons...A reward for completing difficult content...AND they didn't break pvp. What was wrong with that?

BurritoBear

Neo Member

I agree with Ghaleon -

I loved how TTK brought variations to the strikes.

I've always been a fan of Iron Banner. It was nice to see them switch it up for once and do IB Clash. However, this last IB the drop rates (at least for me) were beyond pathetic, especially when I hit R5.

I think they failed worse than a fat kid in dodgeball when it came to Rift, but think mayhem is fun, at least it's something "new". I would have personally liked to see more Inferno type modes (Inferno IB or ToO would have triggered a nice change of strategy).

I'm a fan of the new raid all the way up until.. Oryx. Oryx is just ridiculous. At least the raid relies heavily on teamwork which is always a nice touch. Someone before mentioned Skolas being the best boss in the game and I agree, the raid would have been a hell of a lot better if they added aspects of that type of boss into the Raid.

Lee

I dont use a variety of weapons,

its always:
Hung Jury
TOM
1000 yard

I'm with you here, although I occasionally use TLW or Chaperone or No Land Beyond in PvP.

DZQ2dsA.png

Just waiting on a Harrowed QTerminus to drop. Any light would be fine to dump my two rockets into. I've never had one drop.

WipedOut

I'm with you here, although I occasionally use TLW or Chaperone or No Land Beyond in PvP.

DZQ2dsA.png

Just waiting on a Harrowed QTerminus to drop. Any light would be fine to dump my two rockets into. I've never had one drop.

Why not just dump them into the terminus you have now? The only difference between the two is aesthetics.

Spoo

Just got out of the laggiest matches I've ever seen or been a part of. This is insane. I think I'm going to step away from MP -- when you're playing a match where you and everyone else is red/yellow bar, there's a serious, systemic issue going on.

Plz bungie, fix your goddamn videogame.

Just got out of the laggiest matches I've ever seen or been a part of. This is insane. I think I'm going to step away from MP -- when you're playing a match where you and everyone else is red/yellow bar, there's a serious, systemic issue going on.

Plz bungie, fix your goddamn videogame.

Crucible was unplayable for me this morning. Shotgun-melee hits weren't even registering. Damage was taking 2-3 seconds to even appear. Beyond broken.

Going to play Diablo 3 and Xenoblade instead.

Dez_

Agreed with this. I'm honestly still enjoying Destiny a lot. My play time has slowed down quite a bit, but every so often I jump back on and have a lot of fun, just because shooting stuff feels really satisfying to pull off. I kind of wish it was easier to get back into raids and stuff, but I got to experience just about everything in the game at least once and had a great time.

Things could be much much better in how the end game content is handled though. One of my friends ended up leaving Destiny for now out of frustration, which is unfortunate. However, even though the loot in general doesn't seem to be that great, it's pretty fun to hop in for short bursts. I wouldn't say I'm satisfied with Destiny. I for sure want more out of this game, but I'm still pretty pleased with the game overall.

Axoman

Jk, what's up dgaf. My goal is to make it to mercury tomorrow. Nothing will stop me!

I have yet to make it to Mercury year 2. Most wins I've gotten so far is 7, would have been 8 if remembered to buy the buffs.

If you ever need someone to play with, I'll do my best!

WipedOut

I have yet to make it to Mercury year 2. Most wins I've gotten so far is 7, would have been 8 if remembered to buy the buffs.

If you ever need someone to play with, I'll do my best!

Same here, only have played trials twice in year 2 just for the bounties.

Hey DGaf, I haven't raided much since TTK launched. Only did Oryx NM once, never tried HM or the challenges. I'm currently at 311. Is that enough to try the challenges?

Also, I'm trying to get the Crux of Crota. And would like to learn how to use the sword against Crota. Would any of you help me learn the sword mechanics? Would love to do the raid later today, in about 3 or 4 hours.

Thanks!

GutZ31

So whats really sad to me is that they showed a half assed attempt at doing "something", but it just poured salt in the wound instead.
The strike specific gear would have been great had they actually been Year-One-Great in performance, but bungie wanted to make them extra crappy, so anything that could be related to VoG is pretty much trash because of nerfs.

House of Wolves was far from perfect, but it didn't completely devalue all your hard earned equipment.
Prison of Elders was a sore spot for me personally, as I found skolas cheap, and the whole of PoE boring.
The loot from it was also rather lacking in flair, but Trials of Osiris was a nice move to give gear that was actually closer to raid gear.

The Taken King said: "You know what, you spent all that time collecting gear, and progressing factions just to get specific items, but none of that matters any more, because you wont be using that stuff anymore!"

Fine, I could live with it if they made stuff to replace the stuff we leave behind for even more interesting gear.
Infact, this is how I steeled myself into continuing to play. After the initial gear from strikes and factions, I finally got my hands on some raid gear.
They sucked.
They suck still.
The gear you get from factions sucks.
The exotics are good, to a degree.

People now use special weapons as if they are primaries in crucible.

The game has become a huge joke because of the loot/lag/story.
There is no defence, and that makes me salty as fuck.

Namikaze1

Well, I've given up on ToCs. Used 15 today and got nothing. Haven't seen an engram drop since the last day of SRL using them. I have used over 40 ToCs since then and nothing.

Spoo

Hey DGaf, I haven't raided much since TTK launched. Only did Oryx NM once, never tried HM or the challenges. I'm currently at 311. Is that enough to try the challenges?

Also, I'm trying to get the Crux of Crota. And would like to learn how to use the sword against Crota. Would any of you help me learn the sword mechanics? Would love to do the raid later today, in about 3 or 4 hours.

Thanks!

Would be glad to, dude. Add reeducator on PSN, and we can put a group together to do what you'd like :} (I'll be online in about 30 min or so myself)

flkraven

You guys are understandably salty and mad and [insert negative feeling] given how much you've done in the game.

I've said it before, but I am so sick of people referring to people complaining about Destiny as 'salty'. Mainly on reddit, but it clearly happens here too. Salty implies some level of unjustified-ness to the complaint.

Someone that gets 'owned' in pvp and starts whining afterwards is 'salty'. They simply lost an engagement, but blame it on everything other than the cause. The most recent complaints about Destiny are not 'salt', and nearly every single on of them has been factual, measurable, and legitimate. Calling these people salty is a demeaning way of invalidating their legitimate complaints.

So whats really sad to me is that they showed a half assed attempt at doing "something", but it just poured salt in the wound instead.
The strike specific gear would have been great had they actually been Year-One-Great in performance, but bungie wanted to make them extra crappy, so anything that could be related to VoG is pretty much trash because of nerfs.

House of Wolves was far from perfect, but it didn't completely devalue all your hard earned equipment.
Prison of Elders was a sore spot for me personally, as I found skolas cheap, and the whole of PoE boring.
The loot from it was also rather lacking in flair, but Trials of Osiris was a nice move to give gear that was actually closer to raid gear.

The Taken King said: "You know what, you spent all that time collecting gear, and progressing factions just to get specific items, but none of that matters any more, because you wont be using that stuff anymore!"

Fine, I could live with it if they made stuff to replace the stuff we leave behind for even more interesting gear.
Infact, this is how I steeled myself into continuing to play. After the initial gear from strikes and factions, I finally got my hands on some raid gear.
They sucked.
They suck still.
The gear you get from factions sucks.
The exotics are good, to a degree.

People now use special weapons as if they are primaries in crucible.

The game has become a huge joke because of the loot/lag/story.
There is no defence, and that makes me salty as fuck.

You aren't really wrong, but people have been using specials as primaries since launch. I have several videos of myself in FFAs with nothing but Plan C kills.

Prison of Elders was so odd. It's like it had a great foundations, but everything on top made it look like shit.

The weapons were shit (all weapons had 1 fewer perks compared to everything else in the game.

The Elemental Burs on Skolas screamed of "We didn't play test this at all!"

The Weapon Slot modifiers to this day seem weird that it penalizes you for using anything else. This mean a lot of encounters where you had to use Solar Specials only, or Arc Primaries only, etc..

PoE rooms weren't designed well enough to encourage players to move about the space. Either there needed to be more enemy spawn points, or a wider variety of objectives to encourage players to really get involved.

I could go on...

Top Bottom