• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Hell no you didn't have to get close. Fatebringers Range/Accuracy was great in year one. Fatebringer to me feels much more versatile than Hung Jury. When something is up close w/ Hung Jury I feel like I'm caught w/ my pants down. Fatebringer was great at most distances. Also before they nerfed Hand Cannon ammo, w/ Field Scout you never had to worry about FB running out like Hand cannons do now. Outlaw allowed you to play with a confidence and more abandon when shooting because as soon as you heard Kapow just hit square for an instant refill.

On top of all that, Hung Jury takes up way too much of the fucking screen. It's a great weapon for sure, and if I'm not running middle for Oryx it's the primary I use for that encounter, but Fatebringer it is not.

They nailed it with Fatebringer. Nothing else feels better. Wish they would embrace it instead of running from it.

yeah scouts are rough when you get caught up close especially when your secondary weapon is a sniper and you're out of machine gun ammo

fate bringer never had you shook

LTWood12

yeah scouts are rough when you get caught up close especially when your secondary weapon is a sniper and you're out of machine gun ammo

Exactly. Because in PvE when are you ever not rolling a sniper these days. Hung Jury would be much better if Shotguns had remained where they were for PvE. now it's sniper 95% of the time, and I just don't like Scout/Sniper for most of the content. Oryx/daughters is the only encounter where I do.

edit: speaking of which, them nerfing Shotguns back just 10% more power than they were in Vanilla was another huge 'no fun allowed' move. Part of what made the Skolas fight so fun was it was an end game encounter where you rolled with a shotty! Found Verdict was god tier. Shotguns are awful in pve now save for invective or 4th horseman in very specific situations. At least we have swords now I guess.

I have joined the same game in progress three times now. Joined when they were 1000 points down, left, waited a bit, joined again, left, waited even longer, joined again.

Amazing Bungie, find a way to prevent people from joining in games that have already started.

It's kinda crazy that there are only two real exotic choices for KF raid.

You are either using Black Spindle or Touch of Malice. Or you are doing Totem but we know that doesn't count as a boss fight.

LTWood12

We use a lot more than just two in my regular crew. Here's what I use for each phase based on my role:

Dunking: Zhalo Supercell
Totems: Red Death
Warpriest: Black Spindle/Sleeper Simulant (T-44 always uses Sleeper and out dps's all of us using Spindle)

Golgoroth: Zhalo Supercell (gaze holder), Black Spindle for dps team
Daughters: Touch of Malice
Oryx: Touch of Malice (ogre titans), Sleeper Simulant (Platform team), Raze Lighter (runner)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hi all, I had someone drop out of the King's Fall newbie raid tonight at 9:00PM Eastern. If anyone wants the spot either as a newbie or just to help out, please send me a PM.

We use a lot more than just two [exotics] in my regular crew.

S U R O S R E G I M E

When something is up close w/ Hung Jury I feel like I'm caught w/ my pants down.

Yeah, but how often does that happen? Never happens in the raid (another reason why King's Fall is badbadbad.)

The crazy thing is Fatebringer had to be earned. Hung Jury I bought Week 1. But remember, Destiny is a loot game. :p

They nailed it with Fatebringer. Nothing else feels better. Wish they would embrace it instead of running from it.

HMOf0TK.png

This is Destiny's greatest loot. Luke's a WoWhead, he should get this joke:

Did somebody say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?!​

LTWood12

Yeah, but how often does that happen? Never happens in the raid (another reason why King's Fall is badbadbad.)

The crazy thing is Fatebringer had to be earned. Hung Jury I bought Week 1. But remember, Destiny is a loot game. :p

HMOf0TK.png

This is Destiny's greatest loot. Luke's a WoWhead, he should get this joke:

Did somebody say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?!​

Earned is giving it a bit too much credit. I remember some folks killing HM Templar upwards of 40 times and still not having it. I was lucky and got it my second or third time. I got Praetorian Foil and Praedyth's Timepiece on that same run too. It was incredible. I've never seen a Timepiece since. Sad I got rid of it.

Not even including Exotic armor.

I still can't find a good exotic armor to equip during the raid.

I throw on Ruin Wings because it's something, but I usually don't even need it, or don't notice it.

I remember using St 14 during the Gatekeepers in VoG to keep the minotaurs from coming out of their holes.

I remember using Armamentarium during Oracles/Confluxes so I could keep a long duration lightning grenades covering the entire center stairway during legions/oracles.

I remember using Glasshouse during Aetheon so people would have buffs longer when they ran out of the portals.

flkraven

Earned is giving it a bit too much credit. I remember killing HM Templar upwards of 40 times and still not having it. I was lucky and got it my second or third time. I got Praetorian Foil and Praedyth's Timepiece on that same run too. It was incredible. I've never seen a Timepiece since. Sad I got rid of it.

Honestly, raids should just drop tokens at every encounter where you can purchase the raid gear you want from a raid vendor. If fatebringer is the drop you want, get coins as a drop and buy your fatebringer. Then it would literally be tied to skill and 'earned', not random RNG where people are stuck in your situation.

LTWood12

I throw on Ruin Wings because it's something, but I usually don't even need it, or don't notice it.

I remember using St 14 during the Gatekeepers in VoG to keep the minotaurs from coming out of their holes.

I remember using Armamentarium during Oracles/Confluxes so I could keep a long duration lightning grenades covering the entire center stairway during legions/oracles.

I remember using Glasshouse during Aetheon so people would have buffs longer when they ran out of the portals.

Yeah Exotic Armor has really become way less of a concern in year 2. Almost more of a novelty. On my Titan I pretty much always run ruin wings. Mine also happen to have Machine Gun Loader so it fits pretty well.

I run Graviton Forfeit on my hunter most of the time so I can have keen scout and Shadowstep.

Warlock I don't use an exotic at Oryx. I'd probably use Claws of Ahamkara if they were higher than 310 for an extra flameshield, but it's not worth giving up my 316 Sniper Rifle Reloader raid gauntlets.

I've just been informed that I used the TF meme incorrectly. That's what I get for never playing WoW.

Yeah Exotic Armor has really become way less of a concern in year 2. Almost more of a novelty. On my Titan I pretty much always run ruin wings. Mine also happen to have Machine Gun Loader so it fits pretty well.

I run Graviton Forfeit on my hunter most of the time so I can have keen scout and Shadowstep.

Warlock I don't use an exotic at Oryx. I'd probably use Claws of Ahamkara if they were higher than 310 for an extra flameshield, but it's not worth giving up my 316 Sniper Rifle Reloader raid gauntlets.

This kinda goes to the blandification of Destiny in Year 2.

flkraven

Another thing too. Apparently there are more exotics out there waiting to be unlocked that are time-gated. Likewise, more year 1 stuff will be moved to year 2. My question is why? If there isn't new end-game content added to the experience, then why do I need more gear to not-use?

Trickle is king of the "No fun allowed" modifiers

Yeah why is this even a thing. Cant wait for the modifier "And Stay on the Fucking Ground" that will nerf all jumps to 15% effectiveness. Titans will be turtles, blink will drive you straight into the ground, double/triple jump will be a bunny hop and warlocks wont even be able to get out of the ground with that momentum. Abilities and destiny's movement system along with the gunplay are what makes destiny's gameplay good so why take it away ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I'm a full believer that exotic armor should do something not normally available to the character.

If all an exotic armor does is give you access to one of your existing possible talents, then it has failed in being exotic.

If all an exotic armor does is give you access to an ability from a different classes possible talents, it's hasn't failed, but it certainly isn't interesting.

If all an exotic armor does is reduce a cooldown of some sort. It has 100% failed at being an exotic.

Raven117

All this talk about Fatebringer.....gawd I miss that gun.

Bungie said "we want you to think about your encounters and have a weapons sandbox to pick and choose what you want to run." Sounds good Bungie, but don't do that at the price of "FUN."

Fatebringer/Vision, Icebreaker/Black Hammer, Ghorn/Hunger, were some of the best combinations and most fun I've ever had in a FPS.

Now...geesh...Everything is just boring. (Except Zhalo...the most "fun" exotic in Year 2 by far).

Bungie really needs to remember to "FIND THE FUN" in their game. They actually had found it in year 1 (despite the awful grind), but they seemed to have lost it in the end game of year 2.

LTWood12

This kinda goes to the blandification of Destiny in Year 2.

I'm a full believer that exotic armor should do something not normally available to the character.

If all an exotic armor does is give you access to one of your existing possible talents, then it has failed in being exotic.

If all an exotic armor does is give you access to an ability from a different classes possible talents, it's hasn't failed, but it certainly isn't interesting.

If all an exotic armor does is reduce a cooldown of some sort. It has 100% failed at being an exotic.

Agree with both of you.

LTWood12

All this talk about Fatebringer.....gawd I miss that gun.

Bungie said "we want you to think about your encounters and have a weapons sandbox to pick and choose what you want to run." Sounds good Bungie, but don't do that at the price of "FUN."

Fatebringer/Vision, Icebreaker/Black Hammer, Ghorn/Hunger, were some of the best combinations and most fun I've ever had in a FPS.

Now...geesh...Everything is just boring. (Except Zhalo...the most "fun" exotic in Year 2 by far).

Bungie really needs to remember to "FIND THE FUN" in their game. They actually had found it in year 1 (despite the awful grind), but they seemed to have lost it in the end game of year 2.

Yeah and at this point the meta PvE loadout has no more variety really than year one. I listed my varied exotics for Kings Fall above, but I feel like I'm the exception. Now it's pretty much:
Hung Jury, Smite of Merain, or Raid Scout
1000YS or Spindle
Quillum's Terminus or Exotic Sword

LTWood12

Current HM Kings Fall Loadouts:

Totems:
Red Death
1KYS
QT

Warpriest:
Haaken's Hatchet
Black Spindle
QT

Golgoroth:
Zhalo Supercell (I'm gaze holder most of the time)
1KYS
QT

Daughters:
Touch of Malice
1KYS
QT

Oryx:
Hung Jury or ToM
1KYS
Sleeper Simulant or QT

I've had some success with 3oCs as of late. Used to get nothing but chests and boots, then it turned to special weapons, but the last two I got were primary exotic engrams. One turned into MIDA (which I already had) and the other Jade Rabbit (which I didn't).

I'll still buy them from Xur. What else am I going to spend all these strange coins on?

Successful Titan Exotics (these change your playstyle often and meaningfully):

Helm of Saint 14
Twilight Garrison
No Backup Plans (Year 2)
Peregrine Greaves

Two of something Exotics (AKA other classes can get two of these things natively, Titans need exotics for it)
Armamentarium
Insurmountable Skull Fort

Unique Mechanics, But Ultimately Mild Exotics
Taikonaut
Empyrean Bellicose
ACD/0 Feedback Fence

"Sometimes You Forget You're Even Wearing Them" Exotics
Ruin Wings
Immolation Fists
Crest of Alpha Lupi
Mark 44 Stand Asides
Helm of Inmost Light
Glasshouse

The Pointless Exotic:
Eternal Warrior

Current HM Kings Fall Loadouts:

Totems:
Red Death
1KYS
QT

Warpriest:
Haaken's Hatchet
Black Spindle
QT

Golgoroth:
Zhalo Supercell (I'm gaze holder most of the time)
1KYS
QT

Daughters:
Touch of Malice
1KYS
QT

Oryx:
Hung Jury or ToM
1KYS
Sleeper Simulant or QT

You certainly have more variety than I do.

Totems
Hung Jury
Erienne
Truth

Warpriest, Golgoroth, Daughters, and Oryx.
Hung Jury
Black Sprindle
Quillem

Deku Tree

We use a lot more than just two in my regular crew. Here's what I use for each phase based on my role:

Dunking: Zhalo Supercell
Totems: Red Death
Warpriest: Black Spindle/Sleeper Simulant (T-44 always uses Sleeper and out dps's all of us using Spindle)

Golgoroth: Zhalo Supercell (gaze holder), Black Spindle for dps team
Daughters: Touch of Malice
Oryx: Touch of Malice (ogre titans), Sleeper Simulant (Platform team), Raze Lighter (runner)

All of those are nice, but the only ones that make you feel really OP are ToM and Spindle. The rest of the jobs can be easily done without any exotics really.

I'd love to see T-44's damage numbers. Does your group two cycle WP? I'd be surprised if Simulant can out DPS someone dumping 18-23 Spindle headshots into WP plus some primary and heavy. On a good round I can completely empty my spindle, my primary scout, and a full clip of my HMG into WP.

Yeah Glasshouse would have been an obvious OP exotic for WP and Golgoroth and even for the second Daughter. Nobody steps back into the bubble at Goloroth so it would certainly increase DPS. Weird that they left it behind.

LTWood12

I've had some success with 3oCs as of late. Used to get nothing but chests and boots, then it turned to special weapons, but the last two I got were primary exotic engrams. One turned into MIDA (which I already had) and the other Jade Rabbit (which I didn't).

I'll still buy them from Xur. What else am I going to spend all these strange coins on?

Congrats on finally getting that Jade Rabbit. I haven't seen a primary engram in weeks. I did get a Hard Light from the raid chest recently though, and a Mida from a legendary Primary Engram (right after purchasing one w/ marks and infusing it to 309 ugh)

LTWood12

All of those are nice, but the only ones that make you feel really OP are ToM and Spindle. The rest of the jobs can be easily done without any exotics really.

I'd love to see T-44's damage numbers. Does your group two cycle WP? I'd be surprised if Simulant can out DPS someone dumping 18-23 Spindle headshots into WP plus some primary and heavy. On a good round I can completely empty my spindle, my primary scout, and a full clip of my HMG into WP.

Sleeper makes me feel OP in the Oryx fight. I like to throw a shot into my Ogre so the middle guys can move on even quicker. when stunning Oryx, it literally feels like you're the one that stunned him. He flinches as soon as your sleeper shot hits him (as everyone else is also shooting of course). And it's a good insurance policy for getting the shade down ASAP if time is getting away from the group.

But as far as the other exotics I listed, you're totally right.

As for the Warpriest yes we almost always two-cycle him with some exception if someone goes down or forgets to use their tethers lol. I'll try and screen cap it next time we do it.

Would be glad to, dude. Add reeducator on PSN, and we can put a group together to do what you'd like :} (I'll be online in about 30 min or so myself)

Ah, perfect! I'll start a list.

1. Marco_Tovarich
2. reeducator

Anyone would like to join us on CE HM? I'm trying to get the Crux of Crota and would like to learn the sword mechanics too.

Raven117

Yeah and at this point the meta PvE loadout has no more variety really than year one. I listed my varied exotics for Kings Fall above, but I feel like I'm the exception. Now it's pretty much:
Hung Jury, Smite of Merain, or Raid Scout
1000YS or Spindle
Quillum's Terminus or Exotic Sword

Right?! HAHA, not only did they fail at their objective to make "lots of guns to choose from" they made the loadouts unfun!

(I mean, I like the swords, those are fun).

But there is nothing in Y2 that when you first equip and fire a round off you go...WOAH! There were a few of those moments in year 1.

(It could be that the "weapons" team is developing stuff for whatever new content is coming...Or whatever the next 60 dollar installment is).

Actually...maybe this is right?. The "A" Team is off making new gear for "Destiny 2" and the weaker ideas, B team is making stuff for the current game.

GunnerZ

Totems, Warpriest,Golgoroth

Inward Lamp (with outlaw)
Black spindle
Quillem

Daughters,Oryx

ToM
1000 Yard Stare
Quillem

Get my raids done everytime👍

Deku Tree

Sleeper makes me feel OP in the Oryx fight. I like to throw a shot into my Ogre so the middle guys can move on even quicker. when stunning Oryx, it literally feels like you're the one that stunned him. He flinches as soon as your sleeper shot hits him (as everyone else is also shooting of course). And it's a good insurance policy for getting the shade down ASAP if time is getting away from the group.

But as far as the other exotics I listed, you're totally right.

As for the Warpriest yes we almost always two-cycle him with some exception if someone goes down or forgets to use their tethers lol. I'll try and screen cap it next time we do it.

We use one blessing bubble in the middle, and guys with 320 ToMs and the guys on the platform help too and the Ogre pretty much dies instantly. I feel like the sleeper would still be charging it's shot by the time the Ogre died.

phen0m24

Have I missed anything? D
iablo
GAF report.

My Monk is now level 11. All you 1MM damage dealers fear my 18.9 dmg War Axe. :p

Oh wait Destiny-GAF. :p Uh, haven't done a NF this week. Has Luke posted anything?

(waves)

Deku Tree

Black spindle
Quillem

Daughters,Oryx

ToM
1000 Yard Stare
Quillem

Yeah that's pretty much the most popular loadout IMO. It's what I use if you swap the Lamp with the raid Scout with full auto.

Namikaze1

Black spindle
Quillem

Daughters,Oryx

ToM
1000 Yard Stare
Quillem

Almost exactly my loadout except instead of Inward Lamp, it's Hung Jury for those sections. In my Hunter's case, I have Stillpiercer equipped instead of a 1kys during daughters and oryx.

ERMint13

Does anyone bother even doing the Weekly Crucible bounties anymore? It's always a damn ghost shell. Light level 317 at bounty turn in get a 298 Ghost....why?

I think the highest ghost I've ever gotten is a 306. 2/3 rewards a week are usually a useless shell.

GunnerZ

Yeah that's pretty much the most popular loadout IMO. It's what I use if you swap the Lamp with the raid Scout with full auto.
Iv really grown to like is gun, it really has a unique feel to it that no other gun in my opinion has and with outlaw makes it and absolute machine.

Iv actually ditched the hung jury for the inward lamp and I'm satisfied.

todd360

I wonder how many are going to jump to the Division when it comes out. Still haven't decided if I will get it yet.

Yoooo. Imma grab my nami and go to the middle of New York and find all the steamy loot that the military left behind. Nami will wear the loot on his back and I will defend him from you vultures. We will be at the top of the loot game! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

stay gold

Does anyone bother even doing the Weekly Crucible bounties anymore? It's always a damn ghost shell. Light level 317 at bounty turn in get a 298 Ghost....why?

I think the highest ghost I've ever gotten is a 306. 2/3 rewards a week are usually a useless shell.

I get exotics from them regularly tbh. Just got (another) Hereafter from it 10 mins ago.

Top Bottom