• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Namikaze1

Dammit. Can't find the article. I know I read it somewhere. Not sure if it was in one of Jason's articles or in that reddit leak that had most of it turn out to be true (the exception being the Destiny 2 stuff since we know jackshit about it)

I am disappointed that there was no dedicated servers on the first page of that thread. That should be Bungie's number 1 priority for the next game.

SgtCobra

Anyone know any skilled/competitive fusion rifle/shotgun players? I've seen some guy doing magic with shadestep and a Party Crasher +1 the other day and that looked like a thing of beauty.

I'm just REALLY getting bored of everyone on Twitch using that same old tired combination of Mida/TLW + 1k stare haha.

Deku Tree

Dammit. Can't find the article. I know I read it somewhere. Not sure if it was in one of Jason's articles or in that reddit leak that had most of it turn out to be true (the exception being the Destiny 2 stuff since we know jackshit about it)

It was in a post that Jason made on GAF when his "Destiny is backstory big mess insider info" article was posted

He said that he was told that Destiny 2016 would load into your same characters into the same start file.

WipedOut

HoW system with the etheric light was perfect. I want that back.

ah, the glory days of Destiny. Back when it was almost perfect, except the thorn and final round meta, that shit sucked donkey balls.

Give me back the etheric system
Rerolling weapons
add-in Transmorg, tired of having to look a certain way.

On another topic, anyone interested in some old school raiding tonight? VoG followed up with a little CE on PS4? (need to try and unlock some year 1 stuff)

E92 M3

As I've said a million times before, etheric light was the perfect thing for Destiny. All legendary armor and weapons were relevant. People could play exactly how they wanted! What's funny now is that I only use certain weapons and armor. Variety is no where close to how it was in a Year 1. Hell, my Hunter doesn't even have any exotic armor on.

That's just sad.

Anyone know any skilled/competitive fusion rifle/shotgun players? I've seen some guy doing magic with shadestep and a Party Crasher +1 the other day and that looked like a thing of beauty.

I'm just REALLY getting bored of everyone on Twitch using that same old tired combination of Mida/TLW + 1k stare haha.

i'm not very skilled, but i do use Telesto and a Shotgun only in Trials :D check out our great comeback in this match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY-jb2JL5mA

WipedOut

As I've said a million times before, etheric light was the perfect thing for Destiny. All legendary armor and weapons were relevant. People could play exactly how they wanted! What's funny now is that I only use certain weapons and armor. Variety is no where close to how it was in a Year 1. Hell, my Hunter doesn't even have any exotic armor on.

That's just sad.

It's because of Fatebringer, Gjallarhorn, vision and all elemental primaries, Bungie doesn't want over powered weapons in their game. Yet the Sword broke 80% of the game.

Edit: Oh and Homeboyd's favorite, Icebreaker.

ah, the glory days of Destiny. Back when it was almost perfect, except the thorn and final round meta, that shit sucked donkey balls.

Give me back the etheric system
Rerolling weapons
add-in Transmorg, tired of having to look a certain way.

On another topic, anyone interested in some old school raiding tonight? VoG followed up with a little CE on PS4? (need to try and unlock some year 1 stuff)

I am down for CE depending on the time. I won't be on until after midnight central time.

E92 M3

It's because of Fatebringer, Gjallarhorn, vision and all elemental primaries, Bungie doesn't want over powered weapons in their game. Yet the Sword broke 80% of the game.

Feel bad for Homey because the IB will never be back - Bungie hates it more than the Gjallarhorn lol.

That said, I am expecting a resurgence of strong PVE weapons for Year 3. Bungie went too far.

WipedOut

I am down for CE depending on the time. I won't be on until after midnight central time.

1am my time, I'll be fast asleep by then. If not tonight, maybe a weekend run.

Feel bad for Homey because the IB will never be back - Bungie hates it more than the Gjallarhorn lol.

That said, I am expecting a resurgence of strong PVE weapons for Year 3. Bungie went too far.

Of all the people to quit destiny I would have thought he would be the last person that would have jumped ship. Speaks volumes on how far Bungie bungled the loot and infusion system. I mean this guy wanted to almost do skolas 3 x a week and that shit was cancer.

The parallels were uncanny; Diablo III had launched to commercial success in 2012 but saw a great deal of criticism from fans thanks to randomized loot, frustrating online DRM, and a lack of endgame content. Both games shared a publisher, Activision, that thought Destiny could redeem itself in fans’ eyes the way Diablo III eventually had after its release.

“They basically came in and said, ‘Look, here’s our story of developing Diablo III and then bringing in [the expansion] Reaper of Souls,’” said one person who was at the Blizzard talk. “They were saying, like, ‘Hey, random numbers are not fun—dice rolls are not fun. You can give the illusion of randomness, but you want to weight it towards the player… The only point you have to deliver on is that when people leave your game—because they will—when they leave your game, they need to be happy.’”

man... .bungie already forgot the lesson they "learned" from the Diablo III dev team.... *smh*

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Bungie really dropped the ball with Prison of Elders. This game would have a much better end game if there was a PoE that had escalating/scaling difficulty similar to rifts in Diablo 3. I'd love to see a 3 or 4 room variation where you can increase the light level of enemies that also applied random modifiers and selected random boss encounters. Rewards could be crazy stuff like being able to re-roll a weapon or a perk slot on a weapon or light infusing material for weapons or armor. If PvP and PvE were separate, they could make some Gjallahornesque weapons as high level rewards.

E92 M3

1am my time, I'll be fast asleep by then. If not tonight, maybe a weekend run.

Of all the people to quit destiny I would have thought he would be the last person that would have jumped ship. Speaks volumes on how far Bungie bungled the loot and infusion system. I mean this guy wanted to almost do skolas 3 x a week and that shit was cancer.

One last TTK Ya'll.

That said, I'm very happy that Destiny is just about maintaining characters. I can get away with playing a couple hours a week and not feel like I'm missing anything. Have enough resources saved up for Year 3. Little low on the strange coins (1200) but getting more is too inconsistent.

WipedOut

One last TTK Ya'll.

That said, I'm very happy that Destiny is just about maintaining characters. I can get away with playing a couple hours a week and not feel like I'm missing anything. Have enough resources saved up for Year 3. Little low on the strange coins (1200) but getting more is too inconsistent.

I'm done, I just can't...

TTK Ya'll! lol

edukate

I really hope the big reveal is an announcement that Bungie will remix old raids and PoE... Destiny has content- it just isn't supported.

deadduck

I see it as a problem that we are rewarded weapons/armour thats main features are most useful in the activity we just completed.

I'd like to see a 3-6 person activity that requires you to beat the raid (like accessing mercury) each week and is hard, everything is Max level from the start. Completing this activity rewards you endgame HoW style perk rerolls (they were OP), glass needles (without shards) and transmog parts for your gear.

WipedOut

I really hope the big reveal is an announcement that Bungie will remix old raids and PoE... Destiny has content- it just isn't supported.

Would you want a fatebringer or vision without the elemental burn? They need to go back and make all armor and weapons from year 1 raids viable again.

ocean

Banned
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=183534650

For those mentioning rose-tinted glasses,
many of us have been disappointed with TTK from the very beginning. The link up there is a post where I ranted for a long time about my thoughts on the expansion. My conclusion, which I stand by:

I've gotten my money's worth. And I still love this game. But I'd pay for a downgrade. I'd pay as much as I've paid so far - the whole thing put together - to go back to HoW.

Number45

Managed to get the raid hunter cloak last night from the daughters and it's beautiful - felt no guilt infusing my solar flayer's mantle into it even though I lost a level in the process. Feels nice not having to wear that any more (it was my only clock with decent stats and a high level).

edukate

Would you want a fatebringer or vision without the elemental burn? They need to go back and make all armor and weapons from year 1 raids viable again.

I agree. I would appreciate them implementing a transmorg system; infusion was close but the absorption falloff is unacceptable. It took too long to get my hunter to look how I want at 319 w/o using oryx gear.

Homeboyd

HH8Ysrb.png

The One True King

Managed to get the raid hunter cloak last night from the daughters and it's beautiful - felt no guilt infusing my solar flayer's mantle into it even though I lost a level in the process. Feels nice not having to wear that any more (it was my only clock with decent stats and a high level).

I still have not gotten one of those flayer's cloak. I feel like I will never get one.

My fear isn't about the engine or 60fps or whatever. My fear is that we'll be locked into the same progression system for Year 3.

When I talk about Diablo, I talk about having a badass Hammer of the Ancients build with legendaries that let me smash 2x as fast and one that gives me every rune for a skill so that my Supersaiyan mode is essentially permanent. That's what endgame is. Finding builds. Improving them.

I don't say, oh yeah, I hit endgame in Destiny, all my gear is iLvl 70. Because that's all Light is.

The new light system is really bad and I don't want it again. But how many times can Bungie re-invent progression?

• Vanilla: Light was 10 character levels, requires energy & shards to level.
  • Crota's End: Light was an additional 2 levels, requires another set of energy & shards, but you can exchange energy & shards. Also commendations because Bungie doesn't want players progressing.
  • House of Wolves: No more shards. Finally. Etheric light for endgame.
  • Taken King: Light is gear score. And gear score is used to calculate player damage & health.
It's great that they're willing to change things, but how many more times are they comfortable changing things? Because the doing the Refer-A-Friend with newbies to this game is exhausting how complicated this game is. Do they want to keep changing things on players? My RAF newbie said it's impossible to google things for this game because everything becomes outdated, especially progression stuff.

I don't want to chase light again next year, but will they continue to make the changes they need to?

Number45

I still have not gotten one of those flayer's cloak. I feel like I will never get one.
I had arc and solar both drop when running countless strikes (both for 3oC and because I didn't have a group to raid with back then) on my titan. Not even heroic either, they dropped from the level 36 vanguard playlist.

Lima

Finally completed my Dis/Str build for my Hunter for the nightstalker. Actually turns it into fun. The super needs to be changed for PvP though and be activated immediately. Why the fuck can a Warlock that is tethered still shotgun and melee combo me.

E92 M3

My fear isn't about the engine or 60fps or whatever. My fear is that we'll be locked into the same progression system for Year 3.

When I talk about Diablo, I talk about having a badass Hammer of the Ancients build with legendaries that let me smash 2x as fast and one that gives me every rune for a skill so that my Supersaiyan mode is essentially permanent. That's what endgame is. Finding builds. Improving them.

I don't say, oh yeah, I hit endgame in Destiny, all my gear is iLvl 70. Because that's all Light is.

The new light system is really bad and I don't want it again. But how many times can Bungie re-invent progression?

• Vanilla: Light was 10 character levels, requires energy & shards to level.
  • Crota's End: Light was an additional 2 levels, requires another set of energy & shards, but you can exchange energy & shards. Also commendations because Bungie doesn't want players progressing.
  • House of Wolves: No more shards. Finally. Etheric light for endgame.
  • Taken King: Light is gear score. And gear score is used to calculate player damage & health.
It's great that they're willing to change things, but how many more times are they comfortable changing things? Because the doing the Refer-A-Friend with newbies to this game is exhausting how complicated this game is. Do they want to keep changing things on players? My RAF newbie said it's impossible to google things for this game because everything becomes outdated, especially progression stuff.

I don't want to chase light again next year, but will they continue to make the changes they need to?

I am very confident that they will improve the light system. First step might be making infusion a 1:1 transfer. That would be a huge step forward.

WipedOut

I am very confident that they will improve the light system. First step might be making infusion a 1:1 transfer. That would be a huge step forward.

No, just no, they need to go back to solid numbers for LL, Should have been 310 for Normal and 320 for Hard, none of this 311-319 Crap. As for Infusion, if you pump a 320 into a 310 it should go to 320, as you say 1:1 ratio. This alone would probably bring homeslice back, well won't go that far but it would be a great start.

Axoman

That's just sad.

I agree Trance.

I use the same few weapons. It's ridiculous. They got rid of elemental primaries in hopes of increasing variety, but for me, it's had the opposite effect.

I have a lot of weapons that may be good, but most are in the 280 range and I don't have the infusion materials to level them up. So, I never give them the time of day.

The infusion system really went backwards from Etheric light:
1. The penalty to infuse gear is too much, you should get full attack/defense value from the weapon/armor you are infusing and it shouldn't take so many other materials. You are already losing the weapon parts/armor materials from the piece you are using for the infusion, then on top of that, it costs you even more to perform the infusion.

2. The game is just too stingy when it comes to loot drops. We need more frequent higher level drops to keep up the infusion supply. If I could reliably end efficiently get all my gear to max level, I'd probably use a lot more stuff, but it is just too costly for me to infuse everything I get up to max level.

Infusion in theory is a good idea, knowing you'll be able to carry your favorite stuff throughout the year is a good thing, but the implementation of the infusion system needs some changes.

Feorax

I have to assume Bungie is aware of this stuff, if for no other reason that this seems to be (anecdotally) the worst drop off of players since pre-HoW.

No, just no, they need to go back to solid numbers for LL, Should have been 310 for Normal and 320 for Hard, none of this 311-319 Crap. As for Infusion, if you pump a 320 into a 310 it should go to 320, as you say 1:1 ratio. This alone would probably bring homeslice back, well won't go that far but it would be a great start.

Don't forgot a smaller version of etheric light that can just bump up the ATK/DEF of any item by a small amount so no matter what, you can make some progress from a Raid/Trails/IB

Top Bottom